Southwest, don't ask "Is this seat taken?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flew to Vegas last Saturday. Elderly gentlemen and his adult son boarded 1st due to I assume health issues. The elderly man sat in the window seat on one side, the son aisle seat on other side. Each time they were asked, they were told the seat was taken.

I always buy EBCI for both my DH and I. And yes, we have gotten B with it. I fly Southwest because it is the only airline that flys out of my local airport.

I don't see the problem with a woman saving a seat for her husband when there are other seats available.

Flew to Vegas last Saturday. Elderly gentlemen and his adult son boarded 1st due to I assume health issues. The elderly man sat in the window seat on one side, the son aisle seat on other side. Each time they were asked, they were told the seat was taken.

I always buy EBCI for both my DH and I. And yes, we have gotten B with it. I fly Southwest because it is the only airline that flys out of my local airport.

What's the rest of the story?

The rest of the story is, the rest of their part came in maybe with the end of the B's and took the 3 seats they were saving. With the older man's daughter saying " you did it Daddy"

I guess my point is if you want the seat, don't ask just sit in it.

I don't see the problem with a woman saving a seat for her husband when there are other seats available.
Individuals purchasing EBCI get an earlier seat choice than individuals not making the purchase - and yes, I'm aware of family boarding. Therefore, each individual desiring or expecting the larger pool of available seats should reasonably be expected to each pay the EBCI price.

My issue with saving more than one seat (and I have no issue with that....people can get split up) is that if I have paid extra for EBCI, and I have to pass by empty seats, being saved for those who have chosen to not pay for it, then I am going to be annoyed. If that happens often enough, I stop flying SW....plain and simple.
Does that addtl amount for EBCI get you a better seat? No, but it should allow you to choose a seat before those who didn't pay the extra. And if two people pay for EBCI and then try to save a bunch of seats, I have an issue. I won't make a stink about it at the time...but I will mention it to a FA and then follow up with an email to SW. Do I expect anything to happen? No. But, it would make me feel better about letting them know what I am no longer choosing SW.

The rest of the story is, the rest of their part came in maybe with the end of the B's and took the 3 seats they were saving. With the older man's daughter saying " you did it Daddy"

I guess my point is if you want the seat, don't ask just sit in it.

Aha!

EBCI does not guarantee seating together. Much more likely, but not guaranteed.

I was on SW one time where every seat was taken and the last person on could not find a seat. Someone with a lap baby tried to get away with taking a seat. The FA had to read off the names of people with lap babies and finally they admitted it and moved the baby.
same thing happened to my sister one time and there were some ticked off passengers who were afraid they would miss their connection because the flight was pretty late departing by the time they went through all the names. No excuse for the passengers who caused the delay by taking a seat they did not pay for; not like they didn't know they were the ones causing the issue when the FA made the first announcement.

bride03--Not sure why you are trying to erase all of your posts, but what with the quote feature and e-mail notifications, it is all but pointless. I have learned it is best not to post when I am upset. Whatever you post you really can't take back or erase.

This thread is no longer serving any purpose. We're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter