• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting Than You!*6/8* NEW Trip Report Link p154

I am slowly catching up on your very fun trip report -- thank goodness for your chapter links -- I have finished Thursday and Friday -- those costumes!!! I am going to be laughing about your blond wigs and duck feet all day! :rotfl:

Where did Cynthia get that super cute Mickey head for your camera bag???

It's from a seller on etsy, I can find the info and pm you. She had tons of cute options, I got Jeff and the E's each one for their stockings and one for me too!

I am slowly catching up on your very fun trip report -- thank goodness for your chapter links -- I have finished Thursday and Friday -- those costumes!!! I am going to be laughing about your blond wigs and duck feet all day! :rotfl:

I have been trying really hard to keep those links up to date.

I think our costumes were great, but I think those pictures also prove that none should ever consider going blond. :rotfl:

Have to thank Cynthia for the creativity to think up those costumes.

Where did Cynthia get that super cute Mickey head for your camera bag???

Isn't it great? I love it and now everyone knows my name whenever I go out with my camera! ;)

I love all of your photos around Animal Kingdom! MEK, I remember when you were afraid to take your camera out for EE, and now you've documented the whole ride! :laughing: :thumbsup2

It looks like you found my quiet little eating spot behind Tamu Tamu Refreshments. That's such a nice spot to eat in peace.

lol. They are rather well attached. It's funny though, when I was sorting my pics I kept thinking I'd uploaded that one to the wrong day but nope, just checking it out early before hitting the shower while Mary Ellen went for her run. Really, my time stamp says so!
I guess that's your story and you're sticking to it........ :rotfl2:

Hey, I resemble that! :rotfl:
:lmao: Not like I have room to talk........... :rolleyes1

:lmao: OMG - this cracked me up. I prefer the slang term, but I recently got nailed for combining it with H*%# (yeah - I know I didn't think it was obvious either), so let's go with the more acceptable terms of rear, posterior, back side, butt, derrière, back that thing up, ect. Yeah - I think we are even only my picture is not the result of excessive G force. :rolleyes1
:rotfl:

I think our costumes were great, but I think those pictures also prove that none should ever consider going blond. :rotfl:
Maybe next time you can go as Ariel or Merida and we can see how you three would look as redheads........... :thumbsup2 ::yes::

I love all of your photos around Animal Kingdom! MEK, I remember when you were afraid to take your camera out for EE, and now you've documented the whole ride! :laughing: :thumbsup2

I have come a long way, haven't I? :rotfl2: Too bad I'm still not brave enough to bring my camera on ToT. I am still certain it would fly up over my head and smack someone in the face. :rotfl2:

It looks like you found my quiet little eating spot behind Tamu Tamu Refreshments. That's such a nice spot to eat in peace.

That's an awesome spot. Thanks for sharing. I will definitely be back soon! :thumbsup2

She is sticking to it - like glue! :rotfl2:

:lmao: Not like I have room to talk........... :rolleyes1

::yes::

Glad you liked my back side joke! :rolleyes1

Maybe next time you can go as Ariel or Merida and we can see how you three would look as redheads........... :thumbsup2 ::yes::

:rotfl2: Good plan. I can see that. I bet we'd all look fabulous as red heads!

Thanks!

Wow - I knew you were behind, but you're really behind. :rotfl2: No worries - my updates are mostly pictures so I'm sure you will catch up soon.

Ugh - well I hope you don't have to read it on your phone. Please tell me you will have an ipad or something easier on the eyes. Anyway - I hope you catch up soon and pick up where you left off on your TR.

Secret - I only knew about the nephews, too. :rotfl2: But April, May, June are probably my new favorites characters. It was really fun dressing up and more fun getting recognized. :thumbsup2

I love that party. It was my third party and i will never get tired of them. That being said, I probably will skip it this October because we will only be there for three nights before we cruise and then we return on October 31st. That's Denny's BD and I know he would rather spend it at dinner than at a sold out party. Oh well.

I'm glad she got to see it too. I hope to see it this summer. Now that my brother's family are more into the Disney experience I think I might be able to talk them into it. :thumbsup2

That is a perfect description of the queue. I loved the ride. I can't wait to see it again.

No dump shop. We did post some pictures from the other gift shop, but definitely did not see a LM dump shop.

Everything here is status quo. Hope everything is well with you, too! :goodvibes

Yes, I had an ipad but it died on me 10 minutes into the meeting. :sad2: We had been on vacation and I didn't get it out at work so I had no clue it was about dead. Made for a long night.

Trying to catch up now before Duck Dynasty. I am addicted to that show! :thumbsup2

We are well. Been crazy busy the last few months but hopefully things are calming down.

So glad you get back to the world in summer and fall. I am having withdrawal. No WDW this year. :mad: But on the bright side, we are heading to DL in November for Thanksgiving!:)

Erika, has Jeremy crossed over yet? I'm such a bad scout mom....now that we are in boy scouts I dump and run. Oh I don't miss those meetings!

:rotfl2:

Yes, he crossed over in December. The only problem is I guess Tom and I technically did as well! :rotfl: Tom is the scoutmaster and I am the troop committee chair. That is the only volunteer thing we haven't give up.

I actually enjoy it but want to get to the point where I don't have to go to the actual boy meetings. We are a small troop (7 scouts) so I have to be there to make sure he has a parent to stay (2 deep leadership). Miss my zumba class! Looking forward to the week they go to summer camp. It has been ages since I have had 7 straight days to myself. :yay:

I have been trying really hard to keep those links up to date.

You are doing a great job with the links!

No, NONE of us should go blond. It was pretty hysterical actually how bad it was on all of us.

Devine is so beautiful. I too am mesmerized by her...

love the spot you sat to eat. Seems like a secluded spot! I am always surprised by just how many nooks and crannies there are in WDW...

Speaking of those... the path around the tree?! :confused3 How did I not know that was there. I just thought the path went down to ITTBAB.

Love the pool pictures. :goodvibes

I've never been able to find the path. One year we tried and...ended up in ITTBAB on accident, another we tried and...it was all roped off much like this trip and....now I've given up until I hear you can actually get at the path I've never been able to find again.

I adore that spot, it really is a little oasis. I was inspired by everyone's pictures on EE and took a fair amount in August. Of course I'm not quite there and PB is a pita so...haven't really looked at them yet to see if any are any good. We will all find out soon enough!

Darn Straight!

Red would be better for sure....but it's not a trio. Hmmmnnnn..

I have come a long way, haven't I? :rotfl2: Too bad I'm still not brave enough to bring my camera on ToT. I am still certain it would fly up over my head and smack someone in the face. :rotfl2:

It's a valid fear. Mine flew up and down and up and down and up and down once.[/QUOTE]

Yes, he crossed over in December. The only problem is I guess Tom and I technically did as well! :rotfl: Tom is the scoutmaster and I am the troop committee chair. That is the only volunteer thing we haven't give up.

I actually enjoy it but want to get to the point where I don't have to go to the actual boy meetings. We are a small troop (7 scouts) so I have to be there to make sure he has a parent to stay (2 deep leadership). Miss my zumba class! Looking forward to the week they go to summer camp. It has been ages since I have had 7 straight days to myself. :yay:

Oh wow, that is small. I think we average about 3-5 scouts per grade so overall it's a nice size and a nice age range to see growth and inspire them to stick with it. Will this be his first time at summer camp? Looks like Eric will have 2 full weeks gone between summer camp and then either a 50 mile canoe or rafting trip.

I completely agree with Cynthia - that breakfast sandwich at AK could have used a quick zap in the oven to melt the cheee! But what a lovely little dining area. very nice.

Mk: Yay for Jambo House!! Now that I've been there I know how lovely it is. :) I've never seen devine... just never been wherever she hangs. I always wondered what happens if she needs to sneeze?? :confused3
How completely awesome that you will be doing a land/sea vacation later this year. ::yes::

Have a great time at HHI!!

Yes, I had an ipad but it died on me 10 minutes into the meeting. :sad2: We had been on vacation and I didn't get it out at work so I had no clue it was about dead. Made for a long night.

Ugh - how frustrating. Having nothing to do while waiting is so annoying. I know I can't wait more than a couple minutes for anything without getting out my phone to play a game. :rotfl:

Trying to catch up now before Duck Dynasty. I am addicted to that show! :thumbsup2

I have never seen that one, but I have watched my fair share of Gold Rush and Biggest Catch. I need to check it out.

We are well. Been crazy busy the last few months but hopefully things are calming down.

I hope so. Well, you mentioned you were just back from vacation so that must have been fun. :goodvibes

So glad you get back to the world in summer and fall. I am having withdrawal. No WDW this year. :mad: But on the bright side, we are heading to DL in November for Thanksgiving!:)

I am rather fortunate that I have several trips planned over the next 7 months. The June trip was unplanned, but it was hard to turn down the invite for free lodging especially since we bought the AP vouchers in October. :rotfl:

DL for Thanksgiving sound wonderful! :thumbsup2

One of my friends is a scout leader and when he describes to me the amount of work he does I am impressed. It's a huge commitment. I'm sure you both do a fantastic job!

I remember when my kids were that age and at the time an entire week to myself would have been bliss. Now next year I will have the entire school year to myself. *sniff sniff*

You are doing a great job with the links!

Thanks! I plan to do one more update tonight or tomorrow before I leave, then I have no idea how long it will take me to update. So please feel free to post away. I will try to update the links while I am away.

No, NONE of us should go blond. It was pretty hysterical actually how bad it was on all of us.

Yeah - it WAS that bad. :rotfl:

I completely agree with Cynthia - that breakfast sandwich at AK could have used a quick zap in the oven to melt the cheee! But what a lovely little dining area. very nice.

Yup - melted cheese would have been an improvement! That little area is now going to be a "go-to" spot for me. I loved it back there.

Mk: Yay for Jambo House!! Now that I've been there I know how lovely it is. :)

I stayed in Kidani about 4 years ago, right after it opened, and I absolutely loved the villas there. Plus I fell in love with the theme of both resorts. It really screams vacation to me. I have been wanting to go back for awhile, so I think this will be perfect!

I've never seen devine... just never been wherever she hangs. I always wondered what happens if she needs to sneeze?? :confused3

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: I guess if she ever does and you're in the line of fire - WATCH OUT because you are likely to get hit with some tree debris!

How completely awesome that you will be doing a land/sea vacation later this year. ::yes::

I am really looking forward to this. This probably is weird, but I just never wanted to take a cruise before when my kids were at home. I have the worst fear of there being an emergency and no one being able to reach me. I know the exact same thing can happen once they are in college, but once they do hit college you have no choice but to let go. Yet since Nick is still under my roof I am still very over protective.

Have a great time at HHI!!

Thanks! I am really looking forward to this trip. The weather forecast says 75 and sunny. I can definitely deal with that.

And this morning I read all about your Friday at the MK and Poly pool. So fun! :yay:

I love how the TR got its name, and Tina's reaction on seeing the two of you! Too funny! :lmao: I don't even try to explain the DIS anymore -- I just refer to my fellow DISboarders as "my friend, so-and-so" -- makes it so much easier, and it's true. :thumbsup2

I also love how you kept running into Sheree and her family all day, and that you were able to spend some more time with Tracy. A pretty perfect day all around!

And now I am officially all caught up!!! :yay:

Yeay for Bo pictures! I remember them from back in October -- so fun!

What a gorgeous view from your BWV room! You just can't beat that!

The drunk crowds during F&W are something else, aren't they? Charles and I noticed the same thing in '09, but it was fun to people watch, wasn't it? :rotfl:

I have a fascination with the real Everest these days, too -- I don't know how people do it and survive to tell the tale.

And this morning I read all about your Friday at the MK and Poly pool. So fun! :yay:

I love how the TR got its name, and Tina's reaction on seeing the two of you! Too funny! :lmao: I don't even try to explain the DIS anymore -- I just refer to my fellow DISboarders as "my friend, so-and-so" -- makes it so much easier, and it's true. :thumbsup2

I also love how you kept running into Sheree and her family all day, and that you were able to spend some more time with Tracy. A pretty perfect day all around!

Have to agree about the Dis !! At first my family thought I was totally NUTS, now they have just accepted it and have also met some of my Dis friends so they just accept the Dis as part of my life , and a very important part I might add !!:goodvibes

You're catching up fast! :thumbsup2

Running into Tina like that was priceless. I'm so glad she recognized us. It was awesome.

And you're right - it is just better to say "my friend" as opposed to "my DIS friend". :rotfl:

It was really funny how we kept running into each other throughout the trip - Great minds!

I am also very grateful for the time we got to spend with Tracy. I wish we had seen her more, but I am thankful we the time we did have.

Wow - you must be a speed reader - its from all that schooling - its made you very efficient!

Thanks for sharing your man with us. A Special thanks to Chelsea, too! :rotfl:

It really was so perfect. I could stay in that room during every single resort stay. I never thought I would find the perfect room - but that was it. So awesome!

The drunk crowds during F&W are something else, aren't they? Charles and I noticed the same thing in '09, but it was fun to people watch, wasn't it? :rotfl:

I loved people watching. It was really so fun! I probably would have had more fun with it that evening if stomach hadn't been acting up, but it was laughable all the same. Next year I really want to get in the thick of that Saturday night crowd.

I have a fascination with the real Everest these days, too -- I don't know how people do it and survive to tell the tale.

I know - it's really amazing. I think anyone who can ascend Mount Everest is as near to super human as they come. There are so, so, SO many things that can go wrong. I will watch any documentary that I can about that amazing feat!

Have to agree about the Dis !! At first my family thought I was totally NUTS, now they have just accepted it and have also met some of my Dis friends so they just accept the Dis as part of my life , and a very important part I might add !!:goodvibes

That's where Denny is with it now - well almost. He went through a phase when he thought it was really strange, but now he is in the acceptance mode.

It was a pretty prefect day. In a series of pretty perfect days. I don't try to explain the DIS either although I have to admit I get such a kick when you meet a random person who actually gets it without going into it. I had one of those experiences today.

They were happy drunks at least

I really need to get Jeff there doing F&W on an adult only trip, I think he'd love it.

I love that my family gets it, it's cool.

I think the standard view rate is so awesome. And seriously, the view is not that bad. Heck, I was on the first floor and my view was certainly not unpleasant. The advantages of staying there definitely far outweigh a parking lot view. And its not even a parking lot view because the parking lot is like a mile away. :rotfl:

Another reason this is a fly trip. At BCV even the parking lot is sort of convenient.

I am looking forward to it. If for no other reason just to be away for a long weekend. Work alternates with nuts and insane.. :lmao:

It does, but there used to be a way to walk all the way around the tree and get an up close view of all the animals in the tree. You can still walk around the tree, but its a much shorter route and not nearly as many tree characters can be seen.

Part was blocked off last trip but did find I can get from where the exit to ITTBB all the way to the bridge by Africa. I bet the netting and steps I got a picture of was where where close to where the branch fell. :confused3

The Mom from the incredibles has red hair. Not as red as Merida or Ariel but red nonethe less.

:rotfl2: Good plan. I can see that. I bet we'd all look fabulous as red heads!

Better than blonde, thats for sure. :lmao:

It added to the fun.

Red would be better for sure....but it's not a trio. Hmmmnnnn..

Mom from incredibles or Anastasia from the step sisters. :idea:

I've never been able to find the path. One year we tried and...ended up in ITTBAB on accident, another we tried and...it was all roped off much like this trip and....now I've given up until I hear you can actually get at the path I've never been able to find again.

I have found a couple of paths now.
One entrance right before you get the the Africa bridge
One if you go in by the exit to ITTBB.
One Just after where the otters are/were between the ice cream cart and the bridge path.

:goodvibes:goodvibes I totally agree. :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing your man with us. A Special thanks to Chelsea, too! :rotfl:

Bo has quite a fan club.

I loved people watching. It was really so fun! I probably would have had more fun with it that evening if stomach hadn't been acting up, but it was laughable all the same. Next year I really want to get in the thick of that Saturday night crowd.

A New Years trip and a July trip both with drunks. :lmao: I have seen quite a few funny situations at Food and Wine. You do have to be in the right mood, not want to get much done and just let it happen and enjoy.

As far as being surrounded by drunks Food and Wine and Disney in general is where I want to be. Mostly Happy drunks. Some clumsy drunks. Those you watch out for. :rotfl2:

Another reason this is a fly trip. At BCV even the parking lot is sort of convenient.

I think its very convenient which explains why I have eaten at Beaches & Cream so many times (allegedly)! :rotfl:

I am looking forward to it. If for no other reason just to be away for a long weekend. Work alternates with nuts and insane.. :lmao:

Have a great time. I know how you feel. I can't wait to get to HHI for the same reason.

Part was blocked off last trip but did find I can get from where the exit to ITTBB all the way to the bridge by Africa. I bet the netting and steps I got a picture of was where where close to where the branch fell. :confused3

I have a picture of that same netting yet I couldn't quite figure out where the missing part of the path was. It was all so odd!

The Mom from the incredibles has red hair. Not as red as Merida or Ariel but red nonethe less.

Good point!

Better than blonde, thats for sure. :lmao:

Absolutely!

It added to the fun.

:thumbsup2 I couldn't agree more!

Mom from incredibles or Anastasia from the step sisters. :idea:

Who was the red headed trio that I saw doing the parade? I am going to have to go back and repost that picture. :confused3

I have found a couple of paths now.
One entrance right before you get the the Africa bridge
One if you go in by the exit to ITTBB.
One Just after where the otters are/were between the ice cream cart and the bridge path.

You are quite the adventurer, aren't you? :rotfl:

:goodvibes:goodvibes I totally agree. :thumbsup2

My DIS friends are all special because I feel like they took a risk and went against conventional wisdom all for the greater love of the magic!

Bo has quite a fan club.

Yeah - just about every female on the DIS boards. :rotfl2:

A New Years trip and a July trip both with drunks. :lmao: I have seen quite a few funny situations at Food and Wine. You do have to be in the right mood, not want to get much done and just let it happen and enjoy.

Exactly - in other words you have to be just the right amount of "tipsy" to enjoy the whole scene. Totally sober would just annoy the heck out of me.

As far as being surrounded by drunks Food and Wine and Disney in general is where I want to be. Mostly Happy drunks. Some clumsy drunks. Those you watch out for. :rotfl2:

Yeah - like the happy drunk who offered me a sip of his beer last October and practically insisted I take it. (spoiler alert - he will be in my next update)

Hey MEK
You may get to see a giant Wiener mobile while you vist the Charleston area. :rotfl2:

wienermobile-visiting-charleston

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2: That's awesome. Are you sure its not going to Myrtle Manner instead? :rolleyes1 (that's only funny if you've seen that show)

Too bad its going to be there the weekend before we arrive.

Exactly - in other words you have to be just the right amount of "tipsy" to enjoy the whole scene. Totally sober would just annoy the heck out of me.

Exactly:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Yeah - like the happy drunk who offered me a sip of his beer last October and practically insisted I take it. (spoiler alert - he will be in my next update)

:scared1: That's almost as good as being told to wait after the ride by a random Joel in the park. And then waiting and spending the afternoon with him walking around... :scared1: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter