• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting Than You!*6/8* NEW Trip Report Link p154

Great update! Thanks for fitting it in.

Are you in my neck of the woods? Or south of Boston? My DH is actually out near Seattle this week.

THANK YOU for posting the sign of the breakfast offerings at Tamu Tamu- That just gave me the plan for our July trip. We have a quick breakfast at the BC before heading to AK at 8, then we have lunch at Sci Fi at HS booked for 12:40 and we need a mid-morning snack to get us through. The yogurt parfait will be perfect for picky DS-1.

We love that little courtyard. We don't find haven't found it very crowded later in the day, either.

So onto your update- that is one awesome view, any time of day.

I'm very glad you found the replacement necklace. Mission Accomplished!

Looking forward to your culinary adventures in the afternoon.

Jackie!

So nice to see you :thumbsup2 I thought of you the other day when I was posting my 20 zillion pictures of giraffes on my other TR. :rotfl:

I know which TR I am headed over to catch up on next! :lmao:

I agree with you about Disney melting the cheese -- drives me nuts!

So glad you were able to replace the necklace -- and smart to buy a back-up -- how is the replacement holding up?

Luvin the update. I've never seen Devine in the park :(

Thanks! We were pretty fortunate that she was out when we happened to walk down "her path". I wasn't that lucky in June. I hope you get to see her on your next trip.

Missed your update Cynthia !!Yay for getting the replacement !!!

I totally forgot she was on a mission. What a nice mom she is! :goodvibes

It literally felt like I was on EE and I loved it:dance3:

So glad you enjoyed the EE pictures. One of these days I should put all my EE shots together and do a slide show. :rotfl: I think that is my third or fourth time taking pictures on the ride.

Seriously, you take the most AMAZING pictures. All of your AK pictures are so beautiful.

Thank you! I appreciate the compliment.

Devine is truly awesome! I could watch her move all day. She moves so effortlessly and looks so serene, even when it's like 1000 degrees outside.

Exactly! How the HECK does she doe that? Do you think there are ice packs in her foliage or something like that? I mean - she never sweats and her makeup looks perfect.

I'd have less recollection of the 2nd front row ride except you documented it with a scary profile shot of me :rotfl2:

I debated over whether or not to post that shot because it is certainly not the most flattering picture of you, but I did it to tell the complete EE story. I can't decide which picture is worse - that one of you or the one of my fat "you know what" walking into the Christmas shop. The sad thing is - my "you know what" actually looks like that. :rotfl2:

Are you in my neck of the woods? Or south of Boston? My DH is actually out near Seattle this week.

Boston? I thought she was going to DC. ??? I am way off. Either way - I think she's on East Coast time today.

THANK YOU for posting the sign of the breakfast offerings at Tamu Tamu- That just gave me the plan for our July trip. We have a quick breakfast at the BC before heading to AK at 8, then we have lunch at Sci Fi at HS booked for 12:40 and we need a mid-morning snack to get us through. The yogurt parfait will be perfect for picky DS-1.

I'm glad she posted that sign as well because I wanted to know how much the sandwich cost and I couldn't remember what else they had. I will tell you that the sandwich kept me full for quite awhile.

We love that little courtyard. We don't find haven't found it very crowded later in the day, either.

I know I said this before, but that is definitely going to be my new "go to" spot.

Agreed! :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

Once again Cynthia will be much better at narrating our culinary adventure. I think I was there more for the glass of Rosa Regale. :laughing: No seriously, our food adventure was quite yummy!

You should. She saw a lot of giraffe action from her reclassified room!

Reminds of the time I was skiing at Vail and they asked Denny if he wanted cheese on his chili. He said "yes" and then they literally threw a piece of the orange processed cheese on top of the bowl. :faint:

So glad you were able to replace the necklace -- and smart to buy a back-up -- how is the replacement holding up?

Like I said before, Cynthia is such a good mom. She's really good about shopping for her family (unlike Mwah!) :rolleyes1

How nice to be able to find a secluded spot off to the side in AK and be able to relax for a bit. :goodvibes I bet that location is in high demand during the summer months when the sun is high in the sky!

Between getting front row on EE and shopping being a success, sounds like a good AK experience. :thumbsup2

Yep, still dark out. Guess I’ll get dressed and pour a coffee.

And, now it isn't!
So how long does it take to get dressed and get some coffee?? :confused3 :rotfl2::lmao:

I must not have had enough coffee on that verandah, I can't even tell if I am in my own red neck single rider ride pic!
Or maybe you had too much. It looks a little shaky. :lmao:

But does fall into a beef I have with this type of thing at Disney. Really, would it be that hard to melt the cheese? It was pretty decent but would have been significantly better had it been all nice and melty.
I agree. Just a product of them trying to make too much stuff too fast and not taking the time to do it right. You have to have the cheese melted in a breakfast sandwich or it just isn't right. :thumbsup2

While I've not gotten to this quite yet in my August TR (close though!) one of my boys had purchased a necklace at this shop in August.
Well, I guess that answers that question. Even though they don't get to choose the park, they still get to go to AK. Thanks for the spoiler warning. :rolleyes1

I was able to find a match, and then bought another one (similar but different) as backup for his stocking. I think I may have traded a pin or two here but am not positive.
Congrats on the mission being accomplished and that was probably a great idea to buy a backup for later.

Nice update Cynthia! Your bus may have been empty, but AK sure doesn't look that way!!! :scared1:

I have to agree about the breakfast sandwich.........they are so much better with the cheese all melted. ::yes::

And :thumbsup2 that you were able to find the replacement necklace.........and a replacement for the replacement!!! :rotfl2:

Glad you made it safely on your trip but hate you had the delays. You mean that ME wasn't there waiting for you when you arrived??? :confused: :laughing:

Why is it???

Oh for a sunny day, and a rum drink with an umbrella in it. Sounds like heaven right now!
I'm guessing maybe because Mary Ellen was invited to the party??? :rotfl:

So how long does it take to get dressed and get some coffee?? :confused3 :rotfl2::lmao:
I was going to ask how long it takes to make coffee and if they attach those yogurt lids so well now it takes that long to peel one off...........?? :confused3

Just outside of DC, in MD.

I've had lunch in that courtyard before, we've always found it to be lovely. I think it's a great CS breakfast option.

It is an amazing view, we will see if the Boardwalk view can live up to it!

It really would make such a difference!

So far so good, the frequency of wear has decreased but he goes through phases so I'm sure it will start back up again.

I totally forgot she was on a mission. What a nice mom she is! :goodvibes

Or he begged and pleaded and I didn't want to hear about it when I got home

:rotfl2:

I debated over whether or not to post that shot because it is certainly not the most flattering picture of you, but I did it to tell the complete EE story. I can't decide which picture is worse - that one of you or the one of my fat "you know what" walking into the Christmas shop. The sad thing is - my "you know what" actually looks like that. :rotfl2:

ok, we're even :rotfl2:me and my 3 chins and whatever you are talking about

Boston? I thought she was going to DC. ??? I am way off. Either way - I think she's on East Coast time today.

Yep and yep

Once again Cynthia will be much better at narrating our culinary adventure. I think I was there more for the glass of Rosa Regale. :laughing: No seriously, our food adventure was quite yummy!

LOL! Even though you didn't know about the Rosa Regale at that point in the day yet

You should. She saw a lot of giraffe action from her reclassified room!

You ain't seen nothing yet!

Reminds of the time I was skiing at Vail and they asked Denny if he wanted cheese on his chili. He said "yes" and then they literally threw a piece of the orange processed cheese on top of the bowl. :faint:

EEW!

Like I said before, Cynthia is such a good mom. She's really good about shopping for her family (unlike Mwah!) :rolleyes1

Notice there was no shopping for ours that are the same ages as yours....the E's will not always be this interested, so I am milking it.

Hey! I took a shower! And dried my hair. That takes some time. Enough for the sun to come up anyway.

Or maybe you had too much. It looks a little shaky. :lmao:

I agree. Just a product of them trying to make too much stuff too fast and not taking the time to do it right. You have to have the cheese melted in a breakfast sandwich or it just isn't right. :thumbsup2

Which makes no sense as it wasn't like there was a line behind us.

Well, I guess that answers that question. Even though they don't get to choose the park, they still get to go to AK. Thanks for the spoiler warning. :rolleyes1

Congrats on the mission being accomplished and that was probably a great idea to buy a backup for later.

Not really a spoiler, it was always the plan to to go AK, though maybe I hadn't mentioned that in a bit on there? Basically we had leftover 1 day park passes and AK is the park Jeff and I always feel gets robbed. So it was absolutely an executive decision on our part and matched well with staying at AKL. Of course it was actually really my idea and just happened to play into a longer trip working better with cheaper flights and Jeff thought that sounded fabulous. The kids had expressed the same feeling about AK anyway so we weren't really worried about them being bummed that it wasn't park of their choice. Besides, that is NOT something either of us wanted to deal with...3 different opinions on which park. Nope, no choice in the matter.

Nice update Cynthia! Your bus may have been empty, but AK sure doesn't look that way!!! :scared1:

I have to agree about the breakfast sandwich.........they are so much better with the cheese all melted. ::yes::

And :thumbsup2 that you were able to find the replacement necklace.........and a replacement for the replacement!!! :rotfl2:

Glad you made it safely on your trip but hate you had the delays. You mean that ME wasn't there waiting for you when you arrived??? :confused: :laughing:

I wish! Nope, just me lugging a ridiculous amount of stuff. I am at a tradeshow so am officially a sherpa, it can be a bit of a nightmare in transit. Between a flight delay and then the MIA shuttle I got to my room a good hour later than I'd expected...aka midnight EST. Bleh.

You can also hide fake cheese much better...when it's melted.

I was going to ask how long it takes to make coffee and if they attach those yogurt lids so well now it takes that long to peel one off...........?? :confused3

lol. They are rather well attached. It's funny though, when I was sorting my pics I kept thinking I'd uploaded that one to the wrong day but nope, just checking it out early before hitting the shower while Mary Ellen went for her run. Really, my time stamp says so!

How nice to be able to find a secluded spot off to the side in AK and be able to relax for a bit. :goodvibes I bet that location is in high demand during the summer months when the sun is high in the sky!

That's what I figured, so I have never been back there in the summer. But I think I'm going to try it in June - that spot and the egg flatbread with the unmelted cheese!

Between getting front row on EE and shopping being a success, sounds like a good AK experience. :thumbsup2

I think that's probably all we wanted to do. This summer I will have a more intense touring plan because I really want my nephews to see a bit more than they did last year.

Hey now - don't pick on my roomie ! The sun comes up fast in Florida! Or does it set fast? Whatever..... :rotfl:

Yes - that is a spoiler alert, but I believe she planned it well in advance and she is a good mom for completing her mission.

The pre rope drop crowd was out in full force.

Always thinking, that Cynthia!

I guess not!

I'm guessing maybe because Mary Ellen was invited to the party??? :rotfl:

Hey, I resemble that! :rotfl:

You guys are ruthless! :rotfl:

ok, we're even :rotfl2:me and my 3 chins and whatever you are talking about

:lmao: OMG - this cracked me up. I prefer the slang term, but I recently got nailed for combining it with H*%# (yeah - I know I didn't think it was obvious either), so let's go with the more acceptable terms of rear, posterior, back side, butt, derrière, back that thing up, ect. Yeah - I think we are even only my picture is not the result of excessive G force. :rolleyes1

Great updates ladies :) I'm glad the necklace mission was a success.

Congrats on the 2BR Mary Ellen :)

Well, girls, I am thoroughly behind as behind can get! Trying to get caught up and I am only at your Little Mermaid Ride. :confused3 I have really not been a good diser lately!

With that said, hoping to catch up on the rest later tonight. I have a 1 1/2 hour scout meeting to set through with DH so the dis will keep me entertained! :thumbsup2

I think I did comment on your costumes but if not, I absolutely adore them! Daisy is my favorite character and I had no idea there were little girl ducks at one time-only knew about the nephews.

Loved your pictures of the halloween parade. We have only been to the party once but it was so much fun. Would love to go back sometime.

So glad you got to see the opening Cynthia! Isn't it just magical and put you in a great mood to start your day.

Glad you got to ride the Little Mermaid! I loved it in November. The queue is amazing and fun to enjoy.

Cynthia-Did anyone ever post as to whether or not there was a dump shop at the end of the mermaid ride? I didn't see one. Was curious if maybe there was at the end of the meet and greet.

Hope you both are doing well!

Great updates ladies :) I'm glad the necklace mission was a success.

Thanks! I'm glad Cynthia's mission was a success as well. Like I said - she's a good mom!

Congrats on the 2BR Mary Ellen :)

I am more excited about the Jambo House than the fact that I upgraded to a 2BR. Oh Heck - I'm excited about both things. :cool1: A 2BR really feels huge when its two couples.

Well, girls, I am thoroughly behind as behind can get! Trying to get caught up and I am only at your Little Mermaid Ride. :confused3 I have really not been a good diser lately!

Wow - I knew you were behind, but you're really behind. :rotfl2: No worries - my updates are mostly pictures so I'm sure you will catch up soon.

With that said, hoping to catch up on the rest later tonight. I have a 1 1/2 hour scout meeting to set through with DH so the dis will keep me entertained! :thumbsup2

Ugh - well I hope you don't have to read it on your phone. Please tell me you will have an ipad or something easier on the eyes. Anyway - I hope you catch up soon and pick up where you left off on your TR.

I think I did comment on your costumes but if not, I absolutely adore them! Daisy is my favorite character and I had no idea there were little girl ducks at one time-only knew about the nephews.

Secret - I only knew about the nephews, too. :rotfl2: But April, May, June are probably my new favorites characters. It was really fun dressing up and more fun getting recognized. :thumbsup2

Loved your pictures of the halloween parade. We have only been to the party once but it was so much fun. Would love to go back sometime.

I love that party. It was my third party and i will never get tired of them. That being said, I probably will skip it this October because we will only be there for three nights before we cruise and then we return on October 31st. That's Denny's BD and I know he would rather spend it at dinner than at a sold out party. Oh well.

So glad you got to see the opening Cynthia! Isn't it just magical and put you in a great mood to start your day.

I'm glad she got to see it too. I hope to see it this summer. Now that my brother's family are more into the Disney experience I think I might be able to talk them into it. :thumbsup2

Glad you got to ride the Little Mermaid! I loved it in November. The queue is amazing and fun to enjoy.

That is a perfect description of the queue. I loved the ride. I can't wait to see it again.

Cynthia-Did anyone ever post as to whether or not there was a dump shop at the end of the mermaid ride? I didn't see one. Was curious if maybe there was at the end of the meet and greet.

No dump shop. We did post some pictures from the other gift shop, but definitely did not see a LM dump shop.

Everything here is status quo. Hope everything is well with you, too! :goodvibes

Beautiful AK pics! I love walking around the Tree of Life and seeing all of the live animals and animal carvings. So easy to go crazy on photography in that park. It's so beautiful!

That's great you were able to replace the necklace, Cynthia! :thumbsup2

:lmao: OMG - this cracked me up. I prefer the slang term, but I recently got nailed for combining it with H*%# (yeah - I know I didn't think it was obvious either), so let's go with the more acceptable terms of rear, posterior, back side, butt, derrière, back that thing up, ect. Yeah - I think we are even only my picture is not the result of excessive G force. :rolleyes1

And sadly, neither is mine. You got my 3 chins and my uh...roman nose in all it's glory. YIKES!

Beautiful AK pics! I love walking around the Tree of Life and seeing all of the live animals and animal carvings. So easy to go crazy on photography in that park. It's so beautiful!

I was so relieved, Evan might have had a meltdown. At that moment in time with his 13 year old hormones, it could have happened.

Erika, has Jeremy crossed over yet? I'm such a bad scout mom....now that we are in boy scouts I dump and run. Oh I don't miss those meetings!

Are you garden view preferred? you might well get that view. Did you make a request?

I was able to snag a standard view. I originally booked OKW since it was the least amount of points and waitlisted BWV since it was only 2 points more and the location for flower and garden could not be beat.

So probably the driveway or the tennis courts but I will ask for an upper floor. I always ask for high up. That's how I roll. :)

So far so good, other than the flight being 20 minutes late landing and then waiting 45 minutes for the shuttle that never came and then realizing the room service menu was on the TV, so far so good. :rotfl2:

Nice thing is I have most of tomorrow to get my bearings. 50 days...I just have to hold up for 50 more days...

man that is too long.

Getting in so late flying east stinks. I always feel a bit disoriented after a a flight, especially to somewhere new and when I am alone.

50 will go quick. I have 38 I believe.

I was able to snag a standard view. I originally booked OKW since it was the least amount of points and waitlisted BWV since it was only 2 points more and the location for flower and garden could not be beat.

So probably the driveway or the tennis courts but I will ask for an upper floor. I always ask for high up. That's how I roll. :)

I think those are the only Standard view options, I'd request high floor, tennis court in that order I think but either way, location for the points is a killer deal!

Getting in so late flying east stinks. I always feel a bit disoriented after a a flight, especially to somewhere new and when I am alone.

50 will go quick. I have 38 I believe.

The funny part is it turns out a client was on my flight (15 rows back). But since neither of us got up during the flight we didn't realize it. He rented a car and with the pick up of the rental, the gps giving him wonky directions, we determined that I actually probably beat him to the hotel by about 10 minutes. And then it turns out we are on the same floor. Too funny.

38 sounds better than 50. Good thing it's 49 now! I actually need to start planning, we haven't done squat so far.

Devine is so beautiful. I too am mesmerized by her...

love the spot you sat to eat. Seems like a secluded spot! I am always surprised by just how many nooks and crannies there are in WDW...

Speaking of those... the path around the tree?! :confused3 How did I not know that was there. I just thought the path went down to ITTBAB.

Love the pool pictures. :goodvibes

It really is easy to go camera crazy in that park and still never take the same picture twice. I could spend more time there taking pictures than any other park. I was disappointed that I couldn't get all the way around the tree.

Agreed. :thumbsup2

And sadly, neither is mine. You got my 3 chins and my uh...roman nose in all it's glory. YIKES!

Stop! One bad picture in a sea of endless good pictures where you look fabulous! And this one doesn't even count because you were on a roller coaster.

I think the standard view rate is so awesome. And seriously, the view is not that bad. Heck, I was on the first floor and my view was certainly not unpleasant. The advantages of staying there definitely far outweigh a parking lot view. And its not even a parking lot view because the parking lot is like a mile away. :rotfl:

Devine is so beautiful. I too am mesmerized by her...

I am too! She is just too cool! I love her!

love the spot you sat to eat. Seems like a secluded spot! I am always surprised by just how many nooks and crannies there are in WDW...

There really are. I found another wonderful spot later in the afternoon while we were at Epcot. The best thing is - I keep finding new spots to enjoy! :goodvibes

Speaking of those... the path around the tree?! :confused3 How did I not know that was there. I just thought the path went down to ITTBAB.

It does, but there used to be a way to walk all the way around the tree and get an up close view of all the animals in the tree. You can still walk around the tree, but its a much shorter route and not nearly as many tree characters can be seen.

Love the pool pictures. :goodvibes

You are going to love all the pools there. Make sure you try each one. I sure hope my October waitlist comes through. Fingers crossed!!!!!!!

I am slowly catching up on your very fun trip report -- thank goodness for your chapter links -- I have finished Thursday and Friday -- those costumes!!! I am going to be laughing about your blond wigs and duck feet all day! :rotfl:

Where did Cynthia get that super cute Mickey head for your camera bag???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter