SOOZE -A vacation with a toddler is NOT a vacation! FINISHED!!

Sure......you just have to rub it in that you saw Nemo, don't you??? :confused3 ;) We were waaaaaay back in line when we were there. They stopped admitting people about five people in front of us. We were that close. Since we were getting ready to leave for the day, we never got to see it. :sad2: Glad to hear all of you liked it. Glad to hear Ty loved EE, too. We really liked that ride and glad we were able to do it twice. :thumbsup2

Oh, I want to see Nemo now!!! I just don't know if DD can make it through the wait time. I swear I am tempted to lug our portable DVD player everywhere on this trip! I know that I will at least have my cell phone so I may have to use your trick! So awesome your DS rode EE, very cool idea with the pins! Thanks for another great update :goodvibes

I missed the last installment so I got all caught up tonight. I didn't realize that Mickey was at Ohana's breakfast. We may have to try that next trip! The food looks reasonably good and the festivities, awesome!! I just loved whatching Shae checking out the characters... too cute! Nemo is at the top of our must see list at AK. Every time DS1 sees something about it, he gets all excited! Hearing that Shae loved it seals the deal for DS2! I can't wait to read more about the trip!

Love the boat pictures.
Thanks.. I'm trying to 'expand my horizon' about what I take pictures of! I've been really inspired by the photography board on here!

Love the pic with the cell phone!
Oh yes... summed up that moment very well, too!

Great installment. You really have me regretting not seeing Nemo, that is a must see for June. Gotta love disney, no matter how many times you go there is always something new to do!! I love the pin idea for riding "big" rides each time Tyson rides them, great idea, may have to steal that;) Glad he liked the ride, it is SUCH a great ride. Can't wait for more!
Lesley
You are MORE than welcome to use the idea! I guess you can call it a bribe of sorts.. but if it gets Ty to conquer some fears, I'm all for it! And DO add Nemo to your must see list. Of course, I'm a HUGE theatre fan, so I'm all about that stuff!

Sure......you just have to rub it in that you saw Nemo, don't you??? :confused3 ;) We were waaaaaay back in line when we were there. They stopped admitting people about five people in front of us. We were that close. Since we were getting ready to leave for the day, we never got to see it. :sad2: Glad to hear all of you liked it. Glad to hear Ty loved EE, too. We really liked that ride and glad we were able to do it twice. :thumbsup2
Sorry.. didn't mean to rub it in! Just wanted to encourage others to take the time to see it, if they can. That line is awfully discouraging, I know! It has to be 4 miles long, no?

Oh, I want to see Nemo now!!! I just don't know if DD can make it through the wait time. I swear I am tempted to lug our portable DVD player everywhere on this trip! I know that I will at least have my cell phone so I may have to use your trick! So awesome your DS rode EE, very cool idea with the pins! Thanks for another great update :goodvibes
Waiting is definitely the worst! The only way we got through it with the 18 month old is that the line was moving... slowly... but it was moving! So we just kept singing and pointing out things for her to name. I don't know if she would've sat still for that long... the timing was just right, I suppose!:thumbsup2

I missed the last installment so I got all caught up tonight. I didn't realize that Mickey was at Ohana's breakfast. We may have to try that next trip! The food looks reasonably good and the festivities, awesome!! I just loved whatching Shae checking out the characters... too cute! Nemo is at the top of our must see list at AK. Every time DS1 sees something about it, he gets all excited! Hearing that Shae loved it seals the deal for DS2! I can't wait to read more about the trip!
Glad you're all caught up! I hope to have another installment done tonight!

Does anyone else just SMILE:) whenever they get on a Disney bus? I don't know... there's something about the smell and sound of those things that just make me smile! Whenever I'm stressed, or getting angry that we have to wait a long time... I try to take a deep breath, close my eyes, and take in the fact that we are sitting on a DISNEY BUS!! It works, really... try it!

We got home quickly and changed shirts. Shae was really a mess after breakfast, sunscreen, sweat, apple juice! We felt cooled off and ready to eat... again! Time for our favorite little lunch spot, Hurricane Hanna's. This poolside snack bar sits right next to Stormalong Bay at the BCV. Although you aren't allowed to swim here if you're not a guest, you are more than welcome to buy food and eat it!

As we headed towards the Boardwalk, Tyson began talking about waiting for the boat to take us to BC. Me? I'm thinking... I can WALK there in the time it takes to unload one of those boats. Oh.. and waiting on the dock at BWV? It is HOT! There is no shade whatsoever, and the shiny silver dock just reflects the hot sun into your face. No thanks... I'm walking!

But, Susie... this is a trip for the kids! If Ty wants to ride a boat, let him, right!? Solution? Daddy.... YOU can wait for the boat with Ty... Shae and I are walking!:thumbsup2 Let's just see who gets there first! (This was a great lesson to prove to Tyson that sometimes, well.. most of the time, walking is just faster!) The race is on! I even tell the boys that Shae and I will not even run. We will take a calm stroll over to the Beach Club. See you there!

Needless to say, Shae and I were over at the BC before a boat even appeared! We walked on the beach and waved to the guys across the way. I think Matt wanted to shoot me!:rolleyes: It was funny. Shae and I took off our shoes and had some fun in the sand. These are some of my FAVORITE pics from the trip:
Disney138.jpg

Disney139.jpg

Disney140.jpg

Here comes their boat.. finally!
Disney136.jpg

Can you hear Shae's cute voice saying, "BOAT! BOAT!" ?
Disney135.jpg

Disney134.jpg

Feet pictures!
Disney133.jpg

Aaaaaah! I can just feel the warm sand between my toes..:cloud9:
Disney137.jpg

And my FAVORITE picture from the trip:
Disney114-1.jpg

Eventually, the boat started heading our way. Shae and I dried off our feet and wiped off the sand. We strolled over to the lighthouse dock and waited for the guys. You would think Tyson would be upset that it took so long and that we beat them by a long shot... but NO! He was so glad they waited so that they could take another boat ride. Ahhh.. the happiness that IS Disney! Sometimes, we need to learn from our kids, eh?:flower3:

Hurricane Hanna's was pretty empty. We all got chicken strip meals and found an empty table near the pool. Here is Tyson wishing he could take a dip:
Disney144.jpg

Yeah.. we DEFINITELY need to get back to the BCV, that pool is worth it alone!
While eating, we had some friendly ducks stop by to say hi! and NO we did NOT feed them! Well, not intentionally anyway. I think they could sense that a toddler was eating and they knew some food would come their way eventually! Here is Shae saying "DUCKS!"
Disney143.jpg

And a shot of the GRAPES that Shae lived on this trip. I am SO glad Disney includes these in kids' meals.
Disney145.jpg

More duck shots:
Disney141.jpg

Disney146.jpg

So, we got our Hurricane Hannah fix, unintentionally fed some ducks, dug our toesies in the sand, waited on a hot dock for a long time for a boat, and wished we could swim in Stormalong Bay... what else is there to do?

What's that? Epcot is just down the path?!? Well, heck.. I guess we better go back there then!:yay: MORE EPCOT coming up! I know.. you're sick of that place, aren't you?

Shae and Em could be best pals...they are so similar in age. Have to see Nemo next trip!

Sooze,

Didn't realize that you had a new trippie up! I read your last one (the adults-only trip) in preparation for our upcoming trip. Now, I'm glad to read one with the kids. The next time we go with the kids (Oct 2008), they'll be old enough to not need naps. I can't wait for that!

I had to laugh at the Diet Coke thing. My three year old is always begging sips off of me and I need to remember what happened to you! Can't let her have too much too late in the evening. We just got done with the stomach flu, so I'm looking forward to a night of restful uninterrupted sleep. Good thing I didn't let her have any Diet Coke this evening.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Jodi

OOO!! That sand looks so wonderful, I want to squish my toes in there! I, for one, am not sick of Epcot! Can't wait to keep reading!

great pictures on the beach, she looked like she was having so much fun.

I am sure that you could have used the pool, I dont think they would have came up and asked to see his resort ID, we have pool hopped before and no body has ever asked.

Next time go for it, nobody will no.
:rolleyes1

Great trip report. We bought those same buses in Sept, but the rubber is falling off the wheels has this happened to the ones you bought?

I love the pics on the beach. Shae looks like she was having so much fun.

It was one of my favorite moments of the trip! She wasn't quite sure about the wet sand on her hands, though!

I agree - those are some great pics - love the one of her in the hat! Keep the report coming!

Me too!:goodvibes

Those beach pics are fabulous! The one of her cute little feet is so precious!

I love baby feet! I'm glad I took that picture.

Shae and Em could be best pals...they are so similar in age. Have to see Nemo next trip!

When is Em's birthday? Shaelyn is a Valentine baby!:love:

Sooze,

Didn't realize that you had a new trippie up! I read your last one (the adults-only trip) in preparation for our upcoming trip. Now, I'm glad to read one with the kids. The next time we go with the kids (Oct 2008), they'll be old enough to not need naps. I can't wait for that!

I had to laugh at the Diet Coke thing. My three year old is always begging sips off of me and I need to remember what happened to you! Can't let her have too much too late in the evening. We just got done with the stomach flu, so I'm looking forward to a night of restful uninterrupted sleep. Good thing I didn't let her have any Diet Coke this evening.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Jodi

We learned a big lesson that night about Diet Coke and children! Hope you got some sleep!

OOO!! That sand looks so wonderful, I want to squish my toes in there! I, for one, am not sick of Epcot! Can't wait to keep reading!

I always try to take a picture from my own perspective so I can really take myself back to that moment! The feet in the sand picture will become my desktop around the end of January, when I'm sick of the cold!

great pictures on the beach, she looked like she was having so much fun.

I am sure that you could have used the pool, I dont think they would have came up and asked to see his resort ID, we have pool hopped before and no body has ever asked.

Next time go for it, nobody will no.
:rolleyes1

When we stayed at BCV, they made us check in at the pool, we had to wear really bright wrist bands. The lifeguards would check people in the pool to make sure they had them on! I'm not sure if they do this all the time, or just during busy seasons... but they do monitor it! :sad2:

Just read the last couple of updates-- I agree with you about Shae's pictures in the sand-how cute she is!!:cool1:

Glad you're caught up! And thanks... we think she's a cutie too!

Great trip report. We bought those same buses in Sept, but the rubber is falling off the wheels has this happened to the ones you bought?

Our rubber hasn't fallen off yet, but I did notice it wasn't on the wheels very solidly! I'll have to watch out for that!:guilty:

Great updates!! :thumbsup2

I love beach pictures. They almost always turn out. I HATE sand, but I wish I lived near a beach just for the photo opportunities!! ;) That was nice that you and Shae got to relax a little before the boat arrived. Sounds like everyone had a good time!! :goodvibes

I soooo wish I was on that beach right this moment! What a great dya you had! My dad emailed me this morning asking me what I thought of the Beach Club Resort. He wants all of us to consider it for our trip next November. I know my 3 yo would love the pool.

As always, I am looking forward to the next installment.

Those beach photos are so cute I love the one just of her feet, I bet that would also look good in black and white :thumbsup2

Great updates!! :thumbsup2

I love beach pictures. They almost always turn out. I HATE sand, but I wish I lived near a beach just for the photo opportunities!! ;) That was nice that you and Shae got to relax a little before the boat arrived. Sounds like everyone had a good time!! :goodvibes

Yes.. the feeling of sand in the shoes takes some getting used to.. but since we live in Indiana, we probably don't have to worry too much about getting used to it, right?;)

I soooo wish I was on that beach right this moment! What a great dya you had! My dad emailed me this morning asking me what I thought of the Beach Club Resort. He wants all of us to consider it for our trip next November. I know my 3 yo would love the pool.

As always, I am looking forward to the next installment.

The Beach Club is a great resort! The pool is incredible and the view across the way is beautiful! Good luck deciding!

Those beach photos are so cute I love the one just of her feet, I bet that would also look good in black and white :thumbsup2

What a GREAT idea! That would be beautiful in black and white.:thanks:

So, we were on our way back to Epcot... sigh... guess what that means... yep.. more Nemo and Friends for me. :smokin: You know how toddlers are, don't you? It is ALL ABOUT doing things AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN... they thrive on the familiar. :headache:

We called Beauty, Beast, and Chip to see what they were up to. Wouldn't you know it, they were on their way to Epcot, too! So we caught up with them. Chip hadn't been on Nemo yet, so, HEY.. let's go! After two times through, Matt and Ty split to do some more 'big boy' rides, while Beauty, Beast, Chip, Shae and I rode Nemo AGAIN... and AGAIN... and AGAIN!! Fortunately, the line was not long. In fact, it was non existent. So the CMs told us to just come around to the back entrance instead of walking through the 1.25 miles of queue!! Actually, I had a great time. It was air conditioned, it was relaxing, my little girl was smiling from ear to ear, and Chip was bonding with us. Yes.. I had a great time... EIGHT TIMES!!!!

Eventually, Beauty and Beast convinced Chip that it was time to move on. They left Shae and me at Nemo and Friends and headed off to somewhere else. Shae and I took some time away from the ride and checked out the jiy-normous tanks!
Disney147.jpg

Disney148.jpg

She definitely learned the word, "FISH" on this trip!

It was getting towards Illuminations time. We found a great spot right in front of McDonald's and the cart filled with glowing temptations:rolleyes2 Maybe the kids won't notice it... yeah RIGHT!! Ty and Matt met up with us about 5 minutes before the show started. Ty sighed and said, "I wish I could have one of those...." (pointing at the glowing extravaganza) Of course, the boy KNEW I would not give in on this one. We have at least 4 glowing Disney souvies at home. There is no way I am spending money on that stuff anymore!!

I did read in someone else's trip report (so I'm not taking credit for this one), that you can sneak some Dollar Store glow items in your bag for the day. Then, when your kids start asking you for stuff, you tell them you'll go check out the stand. Then, when you return, you have the Dollar Store glow items to give out... they never know the difference! Sounds like a classic parent scam to me! And I think I might even be able to trick Ty for... maybe.. one more trip! He's pretty quick!

Anyway.. the ducks were back, and closer than ever!
Disney150.jpg

And thank goodness for them, because Shae didn't fuss at all the whole time we waited for the show to start. Yes... Little Miss No Nap/Late Night was doing just fine, thank you so much!

We were sitting next to a family from Scotland! I LOVED LOVED LOVED listening to them talk. And it was funny, because there was a huge storm cloud off in the distance. There was some pretty intense lightning, but it was too far away to be any threat to us. The Scottish kids were slightly freaking out about it, and their dad was trying very hard to convince them that it was not lightning, but fireworks from another park! It got even funnier when Matt showed up with Ty and said really loud, "Man, that's some pretty intense lightning over there. Do you think it's coming this way?" Ha! The dad gave Matt a look that was priceless! I told him "SORRY!" then explained to Matt what he had been trying to do for the twenty minutes before Matt arrived!! We then had some great conversation with the family and found out they were vacation in the US for A MONTH!! A MONTH!! How cool! But I guess if you were coming from that far away to vacation, you'd better stick around for a while!

We enjoyed Illuminations, as we always do! Then we headed back home. I immediately wiped the little girl down, put her in her PJ's and tucked her into her pack n play, which had now found a home in the closet, permanently! Ladies and gentlemen... she CRASHED!!! OUT LIKE A non-energy-saving LIGHT BULB!! It was heavenly! Matt and Ty hit the pool again.. I cleaned up the kitchen and got stuff ready for tomorrow... our last full day at Disney. :sad:

We decided to split up tomorrow. There were AM EMH at Epcot. No way, no how did I want to ride Nemo at 8 in the morning!! So boys, why don't YOU go to Epcot and ride your fast and crazy rides. Shae and I will go back to MK. There were so many rides there that Shae could do. So it was agreed. I was ready to tackle MK again...after a restful night's sleep... right?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter