SOOZE -A vacation with a toddler is NOT a vacation! FINISHED!!

Can't believe you've almost finished, I've really enjoyed reading about your gorgeous family's trip. Great purchases too!!!!

Honestly, I can't believe it's taken me this LONG to get through the whole thing! The great news is that I've stretched it long enough to get me to my next Pre-Trip Report!:thumbsup2

So glad you've been reading along!

By the way, tell Matt congrats on the 2nd place at BOA Grand Nationals this weekend!

Love the Mickey bedroom, although I think my family would think I am certifiable if I did that... :)

Jodi

Ladies and Gents, this concludes SOOZE's trip report! As I browse back through the episodes, I am reminded of several lessons learned about TODDLER TRAVEL. Please feel free to read, follow, or trash the list below!

Lessons learned:

Invest in a mini DVD player and some DVDs of the toddler's favorite character. If you are flying or driving, this will provide some much needed quiet time.

Stash singles in your pockets so you don't have to go digging in your stuff when it comes time to tip someone.

Bring the toddler's lovey (blanket, etc.) but don't LOSE it!!

Bring painkiller for yourself. You will be doing a lot of carrying of the toddler!

If you can get a 1 BR villa by using or renting DVC points... DO IT!! You will love being able to put the toddler in another room for naps.

LET THE TODDLER NAP! If you can handle that in a stroller at the park, go for it! I needed to put the toddler in a BED in an air conditioned room. It made for much happier evenings!

Take advantage of EMH! Toddlers and long lines never work!! Get to the parks early and ride what you can!

Get to TOON TOWN in MK early! Take the train to the back entrance and wait at the ropes.. you and your toddler could get a first glance as Mickey comes out of his house in the morning.

TAKE IT SLOW! Enjoy the little things that your toddler wants to enjoy. Don't feel like you have to ride, do, and see everything. Your toddler will never know what they 'missed'. Now.. if you have a seven year old, that's another story!

Don't buy a separate meal for the toddler. They will get PLENTY off of your plate!

Divide and conquer! If you are going with a spouse, and especially if you are going with siblings that are older... let it be OKAY to split up!! The older kids can handle moving faster and waiting on longer lines. They might even get more special 'alone' time with one parent... trade off.

Don't let your toddler drink pop near bedtime. Trust me on this one.. just DON'T DO IT!!

Definitely do a character meal. Even if your toddler is scared of them... they can wave from a distance!

Sit and watch a parade! The characters come up so close to you. You will also expose your toddler to music, dancing, costumes, and performers!

Finally, and MOST IMPORTANT... bring your bag of tricks. The only moments you will not be working are when the toddler is sleeping. Make sure you have songs, finger plays, silly character voices, peek a boo... ANYTHING to keep toddler happy during bus rides, line waits, restaurant waits, etc. And maintain a POSITIVE outlook on all of the toddler chaos!! Remember, they grow up fast, and the next time you come to Disney, you might miss some of those innocent moments... okay.. SOME... maybe
:rolleyes:

Thanks everyone! Hope you had fun! Head on over to my next TR as soon as you can and jump on board! Hopefully, without kids in tow, I'll be able to take more pictures, and write down more stories.. because I'll have time to!!:banana:

SOOZE 10th Anniversary Getaway.. ADULTS ONLY TRIP

Reading your toddler notes were great. Exactly how I felt about my Em. I will be interested to see how it is to take a 2.5 year old versus at 18 month old. You sure did a lot during your trip!

Thanks for sharing about the DVC favorite resort. I that is my dream.... but it would mean going back full time, which I am not quite ready to do yet.

As for my girls... Hannah got stitches last week as as they sewed her up she told her dad that she wanted to go to WDW .... he was pretty weak at that moment! Go Hannah- conning dad into a trip next summer!

I sure hope you stick around for our adults only. I will definitely post a link to my new report at the end of this one, plus, it will be in my signature! Thanks for reading!:cutie:

Yep, i opened it on another page, and going to start reading it here shortly.

My parents always did a money thing for us growing up also...They would say how much we had, then if we were bad, we got some taken away and if we were extra good, we might get something that we wanted, but did not come off the amount that we could spend on whatever we wanted.

I think I am going to do a gift card for our kids when they are here, and older, then if they want more than the card says, they have to spend there own money...but more than likely i will be a sucker and buy them more than i say...especially when the grandparents come along..they are going to buy them a ton of stuff.

My parents brought back over 200 dollars worth for my nephew last year...I can not wait to see what they get him when they all go together next summer...but at least our baby will be here then, and we can get all that stuff for it when it is born.
:banana:

Reading your toddler notes were great. Exactly how I felt about my Em. I will be interested to see how it is to take a 2.5 year old versus at 18 month old. You sure did a lot during your trip!

Thanks for sharing about the DVC favorite resort. I that is my dream.... but it would mean going back full time, which I am not quite ready to do yet.

As for my girls... Hannah got stitches last week as as they sewed her up she told her dad that she wanted to go to WDW .... he was pretty weak at that moment! Go Hannah- conning dad into a trip next summer!

Thanks for tagging along with me! I sure hope you get to do that trip next year!

Yep, i opened it on another page, and going to start reading it here shortly.

My parents always did a money thing for us growing up also...They would say how much we had, then if we were bad, we got some taken away and if we were extra good, we might get something that we wanted, but did not come off the amount that we could spend on whatever we wanted.

I think I am going to do a gift card for our kids when they are here, and older, then if they want more than the card says, they have to spend there own money...but more than likely i will be a sucker and buy them more than i say...especially when the grandparents come along..they are going to buy them a ton of stuff.

My parents brought back over 200 dollars worth for my nephew last year...I can not wait to see what they get him when they all go together next summer...but at least our baby will be here then, and we can get all that stuff for it when it is born.
:banana:

Sorry, there's not much to read on my new TR yet! I just wanted to reserve a spot and get my link ready so I could get going!! Keep checking in when you can!

The budget thing for kids is a GREAT idea!! It's just hard to follow through sometimes... Bringing the grandparents is a super way to avoid the budget all together, eh?;)

Now, go get another installment done on your report! I'm ready for more!!

Now, go get another installment done on your report! I'm ready for more!!

I have to do real work sometimes too, i am still catching up all around, and do a big project in between.

I will have at least 1 if not 2 up by Thanksgiving.

I have to do real work sometimes too, i am still catching up all around, and do a big project in between.

I will have at least 1 if not 2 up by Thanksgiving.

Hey... you know I'm kidding you!! I know how hard it is to find time to sit for a few minutes and get everything done! I'm just having so much fun reading about you and your lovely wife!!

Hey... you know I'm kidding you!! I know how hard it is to find time to sit for a few minutes and get everything done! I'm just having so much fun reading about you and your lovely wife!!

well that was all the encouragment i needed, i am lovely, wait aminute, you said that my DW was lovely not me, oh well 1 of the 2 aint bad...

Wow, lots of updates. I have been in post WDW craziness, so am happy to be caught up. How sweet of you to give the toddler tips, your children are adorable. I agree that splitting up is a great idea, that is why I tell everyone to STAY ONSITE. I would say that is my number one tip.:goodvibes So many more options. Also want to comment on the fun souvenirs, your son looks so happy in the pictures.

BTW, can't imagine you as a boat driver, you need to be dressed in character at MGM, working with crowd control at parades, or just greeting guests. You are an actress, not that I don't love riding the boats, but I can see you in one of these CM positions.

Wow, lots of updates. I have been in post WDW craziness, so am happy to be caught up. How sweet of you to give the toddler tips, your children are adorable. I agree that splitting up is a great idea, that is why I tell everyone to STAY ONSITE. I would say that is my number one tip.:goodvibes So many more options. Also want to comment on the fun souvenirs, your son looks so happy in the pictures.

BTW, can't imagine you as a boat driver, you need to be dressed in character at MGM, working with crowd control at parades, or just greeting guests. You are an actress, not that I don't love riding the boats, but I can see you in one of these CM positions.

Thanks so much for all of your kind words!! I agree about my future job, too! I need to work somewhere where I can be hamming it up. Waiting tables at the PTC sound like fun!

Are you going to do a trip report from your most recent adventure? Or will you post any pics? DH and I are going to POR in 2 months and I'd love to hear about it! We've never stayed there.

I'm going to go ahead and call this TR FINISHED!!:cool1: ... or....:sad1: depending on how you look at it!

I was going to post some Christmas decorations, but I think I'll do that over on my NEW PRE TRIPPIE!!! (shameless way to get you to come on over!)

See you there! And thanks so much for all who took the time to read my mindless rambling!:thumbsup2

Don't let your toddler drink pop near bedtime. Trust me on this one.. just DON'T DO IT!!
Why not? ;) :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Loved your report and I think your survival tips are good for all ages, we should all slow down a bit instead of rushing from ride to ride, not that I'd do that :rolleyes1

Thanks again :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter