SOOZE 10 year Anniversary Getaway.. All DONE!

I'm still offering to send postcards from Disney/Mickey/Princesses if anyone wants! PM me and send me names and addresses and I'd be happy to send greeting from the Happiest Place on Earth!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I'm still offering to send postcards from Disney/Mickey/Princesses if anyone wants! PM me and send me names and addresses and I'd be happy to send greeting from the Happiest Place on Earth!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I'll send you a PM. My girls would be excited to get a postcard from a Princess.

Also, I'm up for an Indy DISMeet as well. Don't forget about us up here in Fishers! I don't think I've ever been to Avon. :rolleyes1

Have you heard anything? I got the same "out of office" reply from Reginald and haven't heard anything back, either... wondering if I should email or call him to double check as well...

I'm waiting until Monday during business hours and I'm going to try again. I'm not sure if she's getting the emails or not when I get that "out of office" message. :confused3

Okay.. I have great idea for a Hoosier DisMeet in March. I'm currently preparing to perform in "Thoroughly Modern Millie" at Indianpolis Civic:

Click here for info!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if a bunch of Hoosier (or Cincinnatti.. hint hint, Lesley) DISers came to see one of the Matinee shows.. then we all could go out to eat afterwards?!?

The show is family-friendly, has LOTS of dancing, flashy costumes, fun Roaring 20's music, and comedy.

I know that would cost some money.. but I would LOVE for you to come see me, and (even better), I'd love to meet y'all!!:grouphug:

Let me know what you think.

When I return from Disney (which I'll be visiting VERY SOON, by the way!!:cool1: ), I'll try to get things going if people are interested.:love:

I'd love to see you in one of your productions! :hug: Let me run it by the gang and I'll get back to you. Is there only one 2pm matinee on a Saturday - the 22nd? It would be better for us to come down to Indy on a Saturday so we have Sunday to recover before we get back to the grind. It takes us about 3 hours to get down there...

My B-day is in March, so this could just be my present! :goodvibes (well... after paying off the Visa that has all of the Vegas stuff on it... :rolleyes1 I've been bad lately. ;) )

I've got a favor to ask you, too. I'll PM you...

-Michelle

Okay.. I have great idea for a Hoosier DisMeet in March. I'm currently preparing to perform in "Thoroughly Modern Millie" at Indianpolis Civic:

Click here for info!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if a bunch of Hoosier (or Cincinnatti.. hint hint, Lesley) DISers came to see one of the Matinee shows.. then we all could go out to eat afterwards?!?

The show is family-friendly, has LOTS of dancing, flashy costumes, fun Roaring 20's music, and comedy.

I know that would cost some money.. but I would LOVE for you to come see me, and (even better), I'd love to meet y'all!!:grouphug:

When I return from Disney (which I'll be visiting VERY SOON, by the way!!:cool1: ), I'll try to get things going if people are interested.:love:

That sounds WONDERFUL...I am IN!!! Funny you mentioned Lesley...I have followed her trip reports for quite some time now (she does great reports...plus, my name is Leslie too!!)...come on Lesley, here is the second "begger"...it sounds like fun and I would love to meet you too! It sounds like we are all sort-of in the same line of work...you are both teachers, I am about to finish up my degree in Early Childhood Education and continue on to get my early elementary teaching degree...currently, I own/operate a in-home daycare. Enough about my drama....the theatrics sounds like a lot of fun girls...let's do it!!

That sounds WONDERFUL...I am IN!!! Funny you mentioned Lesley...I have followed her trip reports for quite some time now (she does great reports...plus, my name is Leslie too!!)...come on Lesley, here is the second "begger"...it sounds like fun and I would love to meet you too! It sounds like we are all sort-of in the same line of work...you are both teachers, I am about to finish up my degree in Early Childhood Education and continue on to get my early elementary teaching degree...currently, I own/operate a in-home daycare. Enough about my drama....the theatrics sounds like a lot of fun girls...let's do it!!
Oh...Sunday afternoons are best for me but I will try to do what works out best for everyone. I will be coming by myself (hubby volunteered to take the kids on what-ever day we decide!!).

So far your weather is still looking good...am I correct by saying you leave on the 25th???

Click here for info!

WOW ONLY 12 DAYS LEFT!!!!:banana: You're almost there.

I wish I could go see the show, but that would be one heck of a drive to and from!:lmao:

Would love to meet all of you in Indy, yes I know it is 5 hours from here. But I loved the album Thoroughly Modern Millie when I was growing up, I must have listened to it a thousand times. I love musicals. So it sure would be fun to see you perform. However I will be in AZ the 19-30th of March. DH and I are going to watch the Brewers; and see our son, who will be working there with the team. If you change the date let me know, I may be able to make it down.
Your trip is getting so close now, I am sure you are so excited. I am meeting my Dsis today for lunch, so I get to hear about all her ADR's. She will be at AKL when you are at POR, our favorite Moderate. She has the Deluxe dining plan, so 3 TS meals/day. She likes CS alot, plus I think you still have to pay gratuity and tax on all TS meals? So to save $$, I think they will also be enjoying some of our favorite CS places. Do you know if you have to pay tax on CS meals?

I'd love to see you in one of your productions! :hug: Let me run it by the gang and I'll get back to you. Is there only one 2pm matinee on a Saturday - the 22nd? It would be better for us to come down to Indy on a Saturday so we have Sunday to recover before we get back to the grind. It takes us about 3 hours to get down there...

My B-day is in March, so this could just be my present! :goodvibes (well... after paying off the Visa that has all of the Vegas stuff on it... :rolleyes1 I've been bad lately. ;) )

I've got a favor to ask you, too. I'll PM you...

-Michelle

Got your PM.. that would be great!

Does it REALLY take you 3 hours to get down here!?!?!:scared1: The performance is on the North side of Indy, right off of I65... so should be somewhat convenient for the drive.

I would LOVE to have your family come down and see the show.. that would be awesome. Hopefully we can find a day and time that works best for as many people possible!

I'd love to have you! And we'll see if we can convince Miss Lesley to come on over. Seriously, if Michelle is considering driving 3 HOURS down from the North, surely Lesley can travel the measely hour and a half from Cincy, no?:confused3 ;)

Oh...Sunday afternoons are best for me but I will try to do what works out best for everyone. I will be coming by myself (hubby volunteered to take the kids on what-ever day we decide!!).

So far your weather is still looking good...am I correct by saying you leave on the 25th???

Yes.. I do leave on the 25th. So far the weather looks perfect.. highs in the 80's:woohoo: But as I've noticed (as I've been watching Scott's weather) that it changes drastically from one day to the next. I won't be sure of any weather until the day before.:rolleyes:

Right now, I think we are considering Saturday the 22nd matinee.. but if more people need Sundays, we'll switch. I'd love to get Michelle down here, and I think she'll be traveling the farthest.. so I want to accomodate her as much as possible. Of course, March seems FOREVER away.. so we can get into more detail later!!

WOW ONLY 12 DAYS LEFT!!!!:banana: You're almost there.

I wish I could go see the show, but that would be one heck of a drive to and from!:lmao:

:guilty: Darn distance! Maybe we'll meet in WDW someday!
Yes 12 days! I have been pulling more and more clothes out of my dresser and setting them aside.. starting to get adrenaline rushes every once in a while too!:banana:

Would love to meet all of you in Indy, yes I know it is 5 hours from here. But I loved the album Thoroughly Modern Millie, must have listed to it a thousand times. I love musicals. So it sure would be fun to see you perform. However I will be in AZ the 19-30th of March. DH and I are going to watch the Brewers; and see our son, who will be working there with the team. If you change the date let me know, I may be able to make it down.
Your trip is getting so close now, I am sure you are so excited. I am meeting my Dsis today for lunch, so I get to hear about all her ADR's. She will be at AKL when you are at POR, our favorite Moderate. She has the Deluxe dining plan, so 3 TS meals/day. She likes CS alot, plus I think you still have to pay gratuity and tax on all TS meals? So to save $$, I think they will also be enjoying some of our favorite CS places. Do you know if you have to pay tax on CS meals?

Man, I wish we could get you here to join us! We don't have a solid date yet, so maybe it's possible.. we'll see!

You'll have to let me know where your sis is dining! We opted out of the dining plan for this round.. DH will be at his convention most of the time and we don't want to waste all of that food.. it truly is TONS of food!

I have NO idea about the taxes.. I'm going to assume you still pay taxes on CS food, just not gratuity, obviously.. I'm kinda clueless about all of that...:confused3

Don't worry about us! We are flexible! If Sunday works better for the majority of people, we can do that too! We just won't be able to stay as long for dinner. Either day will be fine. I still have to run it by everyone. We can vote for a date after you get home from WDW! :goodvibes

It takes us almost 3 hours to get to Indy airport. (We live very close to Valparaiso University) If the civic center is on the north end of Indy off of 65, then it should be a bit shorter trip for us...

Right now, I think we are considering Saturday the 22nd matinee.. but if more people need Sundays, we'll switch. I'd love to get Michelle down here, and I think she'll be traveling the farthest.. so I want to accomodate her as much as possible. Of course, March seems FOREVER away.. so we can get into more detail later!!

No problem...I completely agree trying to work it out for those driving the farthest. I will try to keep my schedule clear on that day...I am very anxious to meet everyone! I will watch for an update after you return from your trip. I am going to PM you with a request for post cards...thanks so much for this offer, it is so sweet! :hug:

Don't worry about us! We are flexible! If Sunday works better for the majority of people, we can do that too! We just won't be able to stay as long for dinner. Either day will be fine. I still have to run it by everyone. We can vote for a date after you get home from WDW! :goodvibes

It takes us almost 3 hours to get to Indy airport. (We live very close to Valparaiso University) If the civic center is on the north end of Indy off of 65, then it should be a bit shorter trip for us...

I'll be excited to see how many people we can actually bring together on this one! Hopefully we can accomodate many!! Thanks for being flexible!

12 MORE DAYS

SERIOUSLY!! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!:yay: :yay:

No problem...I completely agree trying to work it out for those driving the farthest. I will try to keep my schedule clear on that day...I am very anxious to meet everyone! I will watch for an update after you return from your trip. I am going to PM you with a request for post cards...thanks so much for this offer, it is so sweet! :hug:

Awesome.. I'll get on it as soon as I get home. We'll probably need to reserve tickets as soon as we can. Matinees go quickly!

My sister and I met for lunch today. She has ADR's at Jiko, Kona, Mama Melrose (fantasmic pkg), CRT, CP. She has been to all of those restaurants except Jiko. She has 30 credits to use, that is crazy! CRT and Jiko are two each, but she still will be eating alot of meals. I think I mentioned that her husband won this trip through work, they choose Disney and had a nice budget to work with. It included everything, airfare/hotel/tickets and meal plan. I am so excited for her:cool1: . And of course for you too!!!!!!:cool1: :cool1:

12 more days!

My sister and I met for lunch today. She has ADR's at Jiko, Kona, Mama Melrose (fantasmic pkg), CRT, CP. She has been to all of those restaurants except Jiko. She has 30 credits to use, that is crazy! CRT and Jiko are two each, but she still will be eating alot of meals. I think I mentioned that her husband won this trip through work, they choose Disney and had a nice budget to work with. It included everything, airfare/hotel/tickets and meal plan. I am so excited for her:cool1: . And of course for you too!!!!!!:cool1: :cool1:

12 more days!

Wow.. she's going to gain some poundage on this trip, eh?:lmao:

How cool that they won the trip! My family won a trip for four to Disney back in 92 (from America's Funniest Home Videos... long story!) Since we had four kids and two adults, my parents sent the four kids! (We actually ranged in age from 17-24 at the time) It was so amazing to go to Disney and not have to worry about money! What a thought, huh?

I have a very dear friend who will be keeping our children while we are enjoying this magical getaway...

She keeps my kids for days at a time.. and has been doing so for almost 8 years. She loves them as if they are her own, buys them stuff, takes them places, teaches them life lessons. Not ONCE has she ever asked for money. If I'm ever in a pinch for a sitter, she's there. I love her to pieces and so do my kids.:lovestruc

I'd like to get her something special from Disney.. not another TShirt.. but something special.

Do any of you have ideas of what I could get her?!:confused3

Please add any and all suggestions!! Thanks!

I have a very dear friend who will be keeping our children while we are enjoying this magical getaway...

She keeps my kids for days at a time.. and has been doing so for almost 8 years. She loves them as if they are her own, buys them stuff, takes them places, teaches them life lessons. Not ONCE has she ever asked for money. If I'm ever in a pinch for a sitter, she's there. I love her to pieces and so do my kids.:lovestruc

I'd like to get her something special from Disney.. not another TShirt.. but something special.

Do any of you have ideas of what I could get her?!:confused3

Please add any and all suggestions!! Thanks!

a snowglobe.

lithograph. (I got one from the world of disney store here in NYC and it is beautiful it was Tink).

a Lenox figurine of her favorite character.

can't think of anything else.

Hi Sooze,

This is my first time posting on your report! I was drawn to the title as my DH and I are also celebrating our 10th this year!:thumbsup2 I am so envious of your adults only getaway!:goodvibes Your kids are ADORABLE!

Congratulations on getting the part in Thoroughly Modern Millie. I was fortunate enough to see it in NYC when Sutton Foster was Millie. Wish I lived closer so I could join in your DIS meet and see you perform:confused3

Just have to say too that I grew up with Drum Corp, winter guard(WGI) and High School marching band. My parents marched for the former Garfield Cadets now called (actually I don't think their the Cadets of Bergen County anymore either?:confused3 ) Anyway, I am loving your report and can't wait to hear all about your trip!:thumbsup2
Diane

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter