SOOZE 10 year Anniversary Getaway.. All DONE!

Just found your pre trippie and enjoying it! A DH only trip, what a dream! *sigh* It sounds like it will be wonderful, I would love solo time in the world someday as well!

And love the CM list, interesting stuff!

Allyson

I had a major idea strike me today! Wanna hear it?!:rolleyes1

Okay.. so, since I will have plenty of time on my hands to just BE at Disney, that means I'll have lots of time to take pictures. I don't know how many of you check out the photography board or play any of the games on there, but sometimes we get on an 'alphabet roll' where we post pictures of things that start with different letters.

Hey.. I have a toddler, who can already recognize "CASTLE" "BALL" "MICKEY" "GOOFY", etc... wouldn't she just LOVE and alphabet book filled with pictures from WDW?!?!

I am going to search out memorable icons and characters from the parks/resorts that start with each letter of the alphabet, then load them onto the computer and make a little picture book for Shae!! Of course, Ty will love reading it to her, too!!

What do you think?! I could also offer to email the finished product to any DISers who ask for it so they could print it out, too! I'm SO excited about this little project!

Does anyone know how or where I can find the DISNEY font to download for free? I'd love to use that on my book.

Thanks for reading!! Here is the alphabet and some ideas I came up with.. feel free to add or recommend things for each letter!

A Animal Kingdom
B Belle or Boat
C Castle
D Donald
E Epcot (ball)
F Fireworks
G Goofy
H Hat (The studios)
I Ice cream (Mickey head?)
J Jasmine
K Kisses (see my avatar.. something like that!)
L Lion King
M Mickey and Minnie.. of course! Monorail
N Nemo (Remember.. she dragged me on that ride a million times!)
O
P Pool or Princess or Pluto
Q Queen or quilt from Minnie's house
R Roller Coaster (Get her prepped for EE!!)
S Singers (Voices of Liberty!)
T Tigger or Tree (From AK) or Train
U Umbrella or UNDER (maybe standing under a monorail or SE)
V
W Water
X ?Help!
Y
Z Zebra (Maybe I'll find one at AKL)

I need to put Shae down for a nap.. I left some blank.. any suggestions!? Maybe I'll need to do several picture for each letter! There's just so much!!

You have too much time on your hands girlfriend!!! Love, your secret sister :love:

Congrats on the part-I saw the touring company a few years ago.
Thanks! I've seen the show a few times and think it is truly one of the greatest musicals!

Soooooooo funny, the more I read the more and more we are alike. I too have told Tim COUNTLESS times that when we retire and move to Disney I would make a good Godmother :rotfl: Maybe we can share the costume;) . We say we want to move to Orlando all the time too but just like you are so rooted here with our families, careers and church too that it is just a dream we know we will get to after retirement!
Well, can't wait to hear all about your trip, you are going to have so much fun. Do you have a top list of things you want to do when you are alone? I am starting to think about that with tim and I when we are kid free.
Lesley

Well,considering we are close to the same age-ish? we might just end up in Orlando around the same time!! I'll even let you have the Godmother costume..I'll be Mrs. Claus at Christmas time, then work at PTC scolding people in the off-season!

I have a few things at the top of my list including RnRC, TOT, EE, Nemo Musical, Festival of the LK, Animation exhibit at MGM, Resort exploring, and window shopping (I will NOT use my credit card on this trip... I WON'T!!):rolleyes:

Congrats on the part...:thumbsup2
Many thanks!

Just found your pre trippie and enjoying it! A DH only trip, what a dream! *sigh* It sounds like it will be wonderful, I would love solo time in the world someday as well!

And love the CM list, interesting stuff!

Allyson
:welcome: Yes, we are very lucky that we can squeeze in these little getaways for ourselves... it is a wonderful thing!! Glad you're here!
Thanks for the CM list...so funny.

Congrats on TMM! You'll love it!

Thank you! I know I will.. just hope the director is as good as I've heard he is! I know the girl playing Millie is phenomenal!! So that'll help!

You have too much time on your hands girlfriend!!! Love, your secret sister :love:

Holy cow! I can't believe it's you!! How did you find out about my little secret DisBoards addiction?:rotfl:

And I was your first post... I feel special!!

You'd better be careful.. you might get Disney addicted too.. especially when you read about how much fun I have on my trips:)

... and thanks for the alphabet suggestions! I'll email you a copy of the book when it's done.. hopefully in time for Shae's second birthday? maybe?

Love you!

(Just in case y'all are wondering, this is my oldest sis!! I'm sure she can share some embarassing stories about me!)

Do you remember if you saw Sutton Foster as Millie?! If you did, I am COMPLETELY jealous of you! I had never even heard of this musical until last year (a local dinner theatre did it) and now I'm addicted to it!

not sure. if that is who did it when it opened up then yes. I don't know actors names on broadway that much.

wow what a great idea for the alphabet book, i am gonna steal it and Publish it, thanks.
:goodvibes

Hey.. quit stealing my ideas and go update your Trip Report, would ya?!

;)

Hello fellow Hoosier...I am in Greencastle, IN!! You are such a lucky duck...getting to spend time at Disney without the kids...we usually do Disney every 4-6 years for 8-10 day vacations (hubby likes more of a laid-back vacation :confused3 ). Therefore, I feel too guilty to go without my 3 little monkeys. I just keep telling myself "self...one day (when the kids are older) you WILL get the courage to go without them"...I guess time will tell...I just hope it is before I get too old to walk :lmao: Your time is so close...have fun and congratulations on your anniversary! I will be anxiously awaiting your next TR...I have read your others and they are GREAT!

Hello fellow Hoosier...I am in Greencastle, IN!! You are such a lucky duck...getting to spend time at Disney without the kids...we usually do Disney every 4-6 years for 8-10 day vacations (hubby likes more of a laid-back vacation :confused3 ). Therefore, I feel too guilty to go without my 3 little monkeys. I just keep telling myself "self...one day (when the kids are older) you WILL get the courage to go without them"...I guess time will tell...I just hope it is before I get too old to walk :lmao: Your time is so close...have fun and congratulations on your anniversary! I will be anxiously awaiting your next TR...I have read your others and they are GREAT!

:welcome: You are just down the road from me!! So happy to see you visiting my TR. I know I'm pretty lucky to have a DH who doesn't want to vacation anywhere else, yet. And we're lucky to be able to squeeze in a couple-only trip once in a while! And, yes.. you will find time for just the two of you.. in fact, the day our little ones grow up and leave us is closer than we think...:sad1:

Thanks for joining us!

Here's the messenger bag I got from Disneyshopping.com. I just love it's size! There are compartments right up front for cell phone, tix, fast passes, lip balm, camera.. plus a roomy section for trip itineraries, alphabetical lists, and other what nots! I also love how it will sit right on my hip and I can access it without taking it off. I hated that about my old bag.. I had to take it off everytime I wanted something, then dig for 10 minutes before getting frustrated and dumping all of the contents!!

Thanks SO much Scott for introducing me to this fabulous find!!
Disney07.jpg

Starting tomorrow, the countdown will be in the teens. I'm going to pull out the suitcase and put it in the guest room, away from young childrens' eyes;) and start putting stuff in it that I won't be needing here for the next 19 days.. like my bathing suit! I'm also going to start my carry on bag. I've decided to bring the 6th Harry Potter book.. I got movie #5 for Christmas, so I want to start reminding myself what happens next... It'll be perfect for airport, poolside reading!

One more thought... DH and I were SUPPOSED to be in FL/on the Wonder these past few days... I believe the Lord works in mysterious ways.. we would've been at WDW during that 47degree day!!:scared1: Thanks for taking care of us, Lord!:hug:

Since I'll have some extra time, I'd love to send some postcards from Mickey to anyone who'd like one (for kids, grandkids, cousins, or yourself!)! Just PM me and let me know who the postcard(s) are going to and the address. Any other tidbits you'd like me to know, to help personalize the postcard would be helpful, too!
:cutie: :cutie: :cutie: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3:

Here's the messenger bag I got from Disneyshopping.com. I just love it's size! There are compartments right up front for cell phone, tix, fast passes, lip balm, camera.. plus a roomy section for trip itineraries, alphabetical lists, and other what nots! I also love how it will sit right on my hip and I can access it without taking it off. I hated that about my old bag.. I had to take it off everytime I wanted something, then dig for 10 minutes before getting frustrated and dumping all of the contents!!

Thanks SO much Scott for introducing me to this fabulous find!!
Disney07.jpg

Starting tomorrow, the countdown will be in the teens. I'm going to pull out the suitcase and put it in the guest room, away from young childrens' eyes;) and start putting stuff in it that I won't be needing here for the next 19 days.. like my bathing suit! I'm also going to start my carry on bag. I've decided to bring the 6th Harry Potter book.. I got movie #5 for Christmas, so I want to start reminding myself what happens next... It'll be perfect for airport, poolside reading!

One more thought... DH and I were SUPPOSED to be in FL/on the Wonder these past few days... I believe the Lord works in mysterious ways.. we would've been at WDW during that 47degree day!!:scared1: Thanks for taking care of us, Lord!:hug:

That bag is awesome.......:thumbsup2

God works in ways we cannot even understand.....:)

u r welcome. it is a really nice bag. I like the design u had put on. How exciting almost the teens. :woohoo:

:welcome: You are just down the road from me!! So happy to see you visiting my TR. I know I'm pretty lucky to have a DH who doesn't want to vacation anywhere else, yet. And we're lucky to be able to squeeze in a couple-only trip once in a while! And, yes.. you will find time for just the two of you.. in fact, the day our little ones grow up and leave us is closer than we think...:sad1:

Thanks for joining us!

Thank you Sooze...yes, we usually make a trip to Avon at least every 2-3 weeks...not much here in Greencastle anymore.

I sure hope you are right about finding time for a couples only trip myself sometime soon...I know, I should not complain...I am right there with you about having my heart ripped out over my babies growing up too fast...my oldest daughter will be turning 15 on Monday :sad:...although going through the teenage years with a daughter is about to turn me completely gray at 36 :scared1:and I still have one more girl (a pre-teen)...by the time I am 40 I am not sure if I will have any hair left! :lmao:

Well, enough about my family drama...have a great time...I cannot wait to read your TR when you return...Eat something good for me...I love to eat at WDW TS restaurants...it is so much fun & YUM!!

That bag is SO cool, do they have a choice of colors? About how much do they run? Thanks for posting a pic of it, cool bag!!! I PM'd you about the postcards, very generous of you.
Yes, I agree, the Lord works in wonderful ways and there was a reason you weren't there in that cold weather!!!!
Lesley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter