SOOZE 10 year Anniversary Getaway.. All DONE!

Hi! A fellow Hooiser teacher here! I have enjoyed your previous TR's. You have such a cute family! I LOVE the alphabet book idea! Here are some things I thought of (in red):

Another Flame Tree lover here. I was initiated last trip and the pulled pork sandwich is awesome.

If I may... what about Y-Yeti there are some very cute stuffed ones in the gift shop. Very non threatening types.

Thanks to you both for the ideas! I will steal, I mean, USE them all!!!

I'd love to hear more ideas! Even if we already have the letter filled in... the more ideas, the better!!

So.. I'm not a die-hard scrapper in any way shape or form.. but I do enjoy scrapping... I decided to JUST scrap Disney trips.. since we only take one family trip a year. Since my kids are young, and it's hard to find time to scrap, I figured, committing to ONE event a year is do-able. So I found some time today to get some pages done. What do you think?

Disney07002.jpg

Disney07003.jpg

Disney07004.jpg

Disney07005.jpg

Disney07006.jpg

Disney07007.jpg

Disney07008.jpg

I have a major update regarding the Coral Reef! I'll post it tonight! I just have to say, WDW rocks!! I just love them!:thumbsup2

Can you tell me where the animation drawing thing is?
It's inbetween the little mermaid and playhouse Disney, you can bypass the show bit too by going through the gift shop, the drawing place is just there on the right on the top level, there is a turnstile and a little waiting area :thumbsup2

So sweet :goodvibes

I forgot to post this above, it's my first attempt at posting a video.. so here goes:

OMG that is so cute, you have a lovely voice too :thumbsup2

Hey.. I have a toddler, who can already recognize "CASTLE" "BALL" "MICKEY" "GOOFY", etc... wouldn't she just LOVE and alphabet book filled with pictures from WDW?!?!
Great idea, your kids will love it!

A Animal Kingdom
B Belle or Boat
C Castle
D Donald
E Epcot (ball)
F Fireworks
G Goofy
H Hat (The studios)
I Ice cream (Mickey head?)
J Japan, Jungle Cruise?
K Kisses (see my avatar.. something like that!)
L Lion King, Lilo, Lumiere, Lego(DTD)?
M Mickey and Minnie.. of course! Monorail
N Nemo (Remember.. she dragged me on that ride a million times!)
O ??
P Pool or Princess or Pluto
Q Queen or quilt from Minnie's house
R Roller Coaster (Get her prepped for EE!!)
S Singers (Voices of Liberty!)
T Tigger or Tree (From AK) or Train
U Umbrella or UNDER (maybe standing under a monorail or SE)
V ??
W Water
X ?Help!
Y I liked the PP's idea of Yeti
Z Zebra (Maybe I'll find one at AKL)

ok just read all your plans. those were some big chnages you made in there.

I cannot wait to get back. I will be doing a mini golf game the first day and walking around POR taking pics.

I hope it is warm enough one day to swim.

I would love to go solo, that would be wonderful. I would do a photo tour of all the parks and resorts all by myself.

It's inbetween the little mermaid and playhouse Disney, you can bypass the show bit too by going through the gift shop, the drawing place is just there on the right on the top level, there is a turnstile and a little waiting area :thumbsup2

Thanks so much. That is a DEFINITE on my trip!

And thanks for the alphabet ideas... I'm keeping them all and will print up a master list to take with me and check off as I go.

ok just read all your plans. those were some big chnages you made in there.

I cannot wait to get back. I will be doing a mini golf game the first day and walking around POR taking pics.

I hope it is warm enough one day to swim.

I would love to go solo, that would be wonderful. I would do a photo tour of all the parks and resorts all by myself.

:welcome: So happy to see you over here on my little TR! I will be keeping my eyes open for you, especially around the food court at POR, which I think will be the best chance of finding you.. can you just wear that cool green personalized shirt at all times? That would help!;)

I'm hoping for warm enough weather to swim, too.. or at least to lounge by the pool without being chilly. But anything's better than January in Indiana.. for sure!

And I'm completely stoked about flying solo. DH said he wouldn't like it.. not me! I'm going to be in Susie Heaven for a day or so!!

The scrapbooking looks great!:thumbsup2 I like to scrapbook but I haven't been doing it very long. My favorite thing to scrapbook are pictures from Disney. The Disney stickers and papers are just too cute! I love the idea of using the map of Epcot. When we went I was saving everything from maps to unused Fast Passes to use in my pages. Are you including your trip reports in your scrapbook also?:goodvibes

So, many thanks to BlueEyedGirl, who, back on post #36, provided me with a phone number to Coral Reef!! I finally made contact with a human over the past few days and have GOOD NEWS!!

The diver/banner/personalized menu is still a GO!!! I spoke with a manger named Reginald, and he was so wonderfully helpful! I arranged for the diver with a banner that will read "WOW! 10 YEARS! Congratulations, Matt and Susie!". Here are the only possible reasons why this MIGHT not happen: (all of these were given as a 'heads up' by Reginald)

1. Divers don't come in until noon... our ressies are at 11:40. It takes them a half hour to suit up. This makes the earliest possible sighting around 12:30. So we wil need to make sure we take that long to eat... don't think that will be a problem.

2. There has to be TWO divers in the tank, for safety reasons or somethin' like that. So if, by chance, one of the divers doesn't show up, or is late, that could delay or cancel the banner presentation.

Hey.. it's a FREE service that will make our lunch even more special.. if it happens.. AWESOME! If it doesn't.. it's not like I've spent any money on it. Sure, I'll be disappointed, but.. whatever!!

NEXT... the personalized menu! Reginald gave me his own email address. I will be sending him pictures, plus whatever else I want stated on the menu. He will then be putting that into a template that will create our official personalized menu. Pretty cool!!

And might I add, that I would LOVE to have an email account @disney.com !! Jealous!

So the Coral Reef thing is all set!! All I have left to do is order our special cake for the California Grill night. I can do this up to 48 hours in advance, so no rush there.

I'm going to be so depressed when school starts again in a few days and I cant' check the DIS 20 times a day!!:rolleyes:

Take care everyone!

p.s. not that any of you would ever come in contact with DH.. but this IS all a secret... shhhhhhhhhh:ssst:

The scrapbooking looks great!:thumbsup2 I like to scrapbook but I haven't been doing it very long. My favorite thing to scrapbook are pictures from Disney. The Disney stickers and papers are just too cute! I love the idea of using the map of Epcot. When we went I was saving everything from maps to unused Fast Passes to use in my pages. Are you including your trip reports in your scrapbook also?:goodvibes

Thanks! I wish I had time and a bit more supplies to do more.. but it's fun to do the little bit that I do!

I have a manilla envelope on the back of my scrapbook.. I store my TRs in there!! Won't they be fun to look through when my kids are old?!?!:upsidedow

p.s. not that any of you would ever come in contact with DH.. but this IS all a secret... shhhhhhhhhh:ssst:

ooh I will be waiting by check in and when I see him I will shout I have a secret to tell you.
:rotfl2:
it is nice to have secrets like those.

YAY!!! So glad you got Coral Reef all taken care of. I was able to get in touch with Debbi through email and it is all set up on my end too!! WOOT!!:cool1: I sent her the email with pictures and information today. I'm sure she will get it Monday or Tuesday. Can't wait!!

ooh I will be waiting by check in and when I see him I will shout I have a secret to tell you.
:rotfl2:
it is nice to have secrets like those.
:rotfl: Now THAT's a funny thought! I'd better hurry and delete all of our pictures so you don't know what we look like!:lmao:

YAY!!! So glad you got Coral Reef all taken care of. I was able to get in touch with Debbi through email and it is all set up on my end too!! WOOT!!:cool1: I sent her the email with pictures and information today. I'm sure she will get it Monday or Tuesday. Can't wait!!

Quick funny story! I called the CR and left a message. After not hearing back for two or three days, I decided to call back. As I was on the phone with Reginald, Debbi was calling me on the other line! If I had waited five minutes to call, Debbi would've gotten a hold of me first! We had a good laugh about it! But, I'm so excited about the menu and the possible diver... I sure hope it all works out!

Reading your TR with great interest ... our 10 year anniversary is in 2009!

Well, I sure hope I can give you some ideas! If only I had lots of money to spend on this getaway.. I'd do a lot more! (Flowers in the room, a Wishes cruise, some kind of backstage tour, etc.) But I'll be happy with what we have! Not many couples get to spend their tenth anniversary in the best place ever!:love: Thanks for stopping by! Hope you hang out for the TR!

Hey Sooze,

Just making my way over to check out your plans. I'm still working on finding time to start our trip report, but let me just tell you that we had an awesome time! Our friends and family thought we were crazy for going to Disney without the kids, but we just knew it was where we wanted to spend our 10th anniversary too!

Anyway, your plans looks great. Hopefully I'll get some of our details up in the next few weeks before you leave, but I did want to tell you that we might see you in the airport on the 25th! DH started a new job the day after we returned from our trip (another reason for the delay) and the new company has a holiday party every year in an exotic location. Even though he just started in mid-December, the company is taking us both to Puerto Rico that weekend! Yea!!!! Not sure exactly when we leave on Friday morning, but I know it's really early.

Enjoy your next week off. I loved the Santa pic from the museum. We were just there on Thursday and it was crazy busy. Maybe we can plan to meet there sometime -- that would be really cool. A local DISmeet! We go all the time! Love that place!

That's funny that she was calling you when you were calling CR.:rotfl: I hope you get to see the divers sign!:goodvibes

The diver/banner/personalized menu is still a GO!!! I spoke with a manger named Reginald, and he was so wonderfully helpful! I arranged for the diver with a banner that will read "WOW! 10 YEARS! Congratulations, Matt and Susie!". Here are the only possible reasons why this MIGHT not happen: (all of these were given as a 'heads up' by Reginald)
That's great, I'm sure it will happen when we were there there were tons of divers in the tank, they did lots of fun stuff like blow my girls kisses it was so cute, also having a diver books almost guarantees a tank table :thumbsup2 Oh and I promise I won't tell but I wouldn't trust that Scott ;) :rotfl2:

I had a major idea strike me today! Wanna hear it?!:rolleyes1

Okay.. so, since I will have plenty of time on my hands to just BE at Disney, that means I'll have lots of time to take pictures. I don't know how many of you check out the photography board or play any of the games on there, but sometimes we get on an 'alphabet roll' where we post pictures of things that start with different letters.

A Animal Kingdom
B Belle or Boat
C Castle
D Donald
E Epcot (ball)
F Fireworks
G Goofy
H Hat (The studios)
I Ice cream (Mickey head?)
J Jasmine (picture of princess?)
K Kisses (see my avatar.. something like that!)
L Lion (picture of Animal Kingdom Tree of Life?)
M Mickey and Minnie.. of course! Monorail
N Nemo (Remember.. she dragged me on that ride a million times!)
O
P Pool or Princess or Pluto
Q Queen or quilt from Minnie's house
R Roller Coaster (Get her prepped for EE!!)
S Singers (Voices of Liberty!)
T Tigger or Tree (From AK) or Train
U Umbrella or UNDER (maybe standing under a monorail or SE)
V
W Water
X ?Help!
Y
Z Zebra (Maybe I'll find one at AKL)

I need to put Shae down for a nap.. I left some blank.. any suggestions!? Maybe I'll need to do several picture for each letter! There's just so much!!

Wish I could have helped with more! By the way, your scrapbooking looks excellent! Good job! That's something I need to get started on after the New Year and have completed my trip report. Which reminds me, I need to get an update!

Have a Happy New Year!!:thumbsup2

Hey Sooze,

Just making my way over to check out your plans. I'm still working on finding time to start our trip report, but let me just tell you that we had an awesome time! Our friends and family thought we were crazy for going to Disney without the kids, but we just knew it was where we wanted to spend our 10th anniversary too!

Anyway, your plans looks great. Hopefully I'll get some of our details up in the next few weeks before you leave, but I did want to tell you that we might see you in the airport on the 25th! DH started a new job the day after we returned from our trip (another reason for the delay) and the new company has a holiday party every year in an exotic location. Even though he just started in mid-December, the company is taking us both to Puerto Rico that weekend! Yea!!!! Not sure exactly when we leave on Friday morning, but I know it's really early.

Enjoy your next week off. I loved the Santa pic from the museum. We were just there on Thursday and it was crazy busy. Maybe we can plan to meet there sometime -- that would be really cool. A local DISmeet! We go all the time! Love that place!

That would be fun to meet you at the airport! But our flight leaves later in the morning... 11ish.. so I think we'll miss you:sad1: It's hard to get a TR started, hopefully, you find inspiration with the new year.. then you'll be off and running! Maybe I'll challenge you to a race when we return!!:rolleyes1

Great job on the CR stuff....Hope it all works out in your favor.:thumbsup2

Thanks! I hope so, too!:goodvibes

That's funny that she was calling you when you were calling CR.:rotfl: I hope you get to see the divers sign!:goodvibes

Weird, huh? What are the odds..:confused3 I've never been to CR, so it'll be fun to see what happens. I hope the food is okay.. DH and I aren't very picky.. but I haven't heard very good reviews on the DIS:guilty:

That's great, I'm sure it will happen when we were there there were tons of divers in the tank, they did lots of fun stuff like blow my girls kisses it was so cute, also having a diver books almost guarantees a tank table :thumbsup2 Oh and I promise I won't tell but I wouldn't trust that Scott ;) :rotfl2:

:lmao: I'll have to take my chances that we won't run into Scott before our meal!

The divers sound so neat, I'll look forward to seeing them next to my table!:wizard:

Wish I could have helped with more! By the way, your scrapbooking looks excellent! Good job! That's something I need to get started on after the New Year and have completed my trip report. Which reminds me, I need to get an update!

Have a Happy New Year!!:thumbsup2

Any and all suggestions are WELCOME! So, thanks so much! I'll look forward to your update!:surfweb:

Just jumping in! We had planned an adults only trip for December but babysitting fell through and we all went! (It's the report I'm doing now.) We are going in January too!
Your scrapbook pages are awesome! I really want to try it.
Looking forward to more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter