• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Oh noes! I'm sorry to hear everyone is feeling so under the weather. I hope you all get better soon, if I was on the Disney boards I'd send you all pixie dusk... what should I send on the universal board? Butter beer? Magic spells?a transformer? Lol

Sorry I've been a bit aloof as of late. Really struggling atm. Dead boiler, no heat, no hotwater and difficult landlord. :sad1: and work is driving me insane... but I'm sure everything will pick up soon.

i feel your pain:hug: furnace went on the fritz again last night. Wound up writing a check to plumber today for $700, consider it a win to not replace my boiler. Mummy Dust sent your way to turn it around for you

carole - hot rod! you'll have a great time

mac - first read thought you said kicked him to the 'curb':eek: lol.

was moving junk around in basement to allow plumber a bit more room to move, strained my lower back yet again :bitelip:least i have meds leftover from last go-around.

well, to be honest, if i could have kicked him to the curb i would have.....

your back went out??? !!!

oh no.

try ben gay

no one wanted my pork steaks and the works tonight for dinner.
taking son out to a catfish place in a few minutes.

well, to be honest, if i could have kicked him to the curb i would have.....

your back went out??? !!!

oh no.

try ben gay

no one wanted my pork steaks and the works tonight for dinner.
taking son out to a catfish place in a few minutes.

i've often had the same thought here but didn't want to break another toe jk

i use $ store icy hot knock off lol. May have to shell out the big bucks for the real deal tomorrow.

never tried catfish, after seeing how they look in the river, just can't bring myself to try them...farm raised or not.

lynne - forgot to mention this re the change in Rx. Was surprised last year that two of the meds i needed to take had a promo where the drug company paid for my copay. Lost our Rx coverage (hopefully not for long!) due to the lock out at DH's work. I stockpiled maintenance drugs ahead of time but plan on asking dr if he has any samples on hand from the drug reps if we run out. never hurts to ask imo

Hot Rod right enough.........have never seen him on his own before.......last time was 1985!!

Oh Janet.......watch what you're doing today with the back........I bought something in Orlando when I hurt my back last year, it worked but my gosh it had a strong medicinal smell off it.........

Had to google catfish.....I just said to mac last week I had never tried them.......not pretty are they! But, one of my favourite fish is monkfish......now that is an ugly sucker too!! Huge thing and you only eat the tail.......lush though!!

Saturday.........not sure what we'll do today......pizza tonight for dinner I think........:)

I tried ben gay once.....and I haven't stopped since. *rim shot*

now that i'm done wiping the coffee off my ipad.

not much sleep, glad to have the meds needing to go forth & provision for super bowl tomorrow.

carole if you think a catfish is a handful, google hellbender & mud puppy. first time i saw one on my line as a kid thought it was a monster, much to my father's delight.

i love catfish, especially when it is fixed as soul food.
btw, didn't end up at a soul food place last night as it was closed early.

went to a tex mex joint and we loved it.
large portions on appetizers which we ordered two different ones.
had to bring one of them home as we needed to make room for the entree we had coming.

so, today the boys get bbq pork steaks if they like it or not.......
spent an hour making potato salad to go with it.

now my situation is what to do for dinner on sunday!
don't want to do pizza as that is what we will have on feb 14th.
screw valentines day, i'm taking over the tv in the bedroom for walking dead.
will order pizza the hour prior to that and call it the meal.....

don't want to do pizza two weeks in a row in case the place we use is lousy.
super bowl and valentine day walking dead day i need a meal ready to go.
sit it down in front of the boys and then i go to the tv.....

for super bowl tomorrow.

carole if you think a catfish is a handful, google hellbender & mud puppy. first time i saw one on my line as a kid thought it was a monster, much to my father's delight.

It's the Super Bowl tomorrow........I forgot......I don't watch it with time difference now, but I forgot.........I googled those fish.......I would have run from them like the devil himself was after me! Ugly suckers........do they taste nice though.........cos that's the good thing about Monkfish........ugly as sin.....but tasty ::yes::

Hope the back is improving........enjoy that Super Bowl..........I need to see who's in it this year.......:blush:

i love catfish, especially when it is fixed as soul food.
btw, didn't end up at a soul food place last night as it was closed early.

went to a tex mex joint and we loved it.
large portions on appetizers which we ordered two different ones.
had to bring one of them home as we needed to make room for the entree we had coming.

so, today the boys get bbq pork steaks if they like it or not.......
spent an hour making potato salad to go with it.

now my situation is what to do for dinner on sunday!
don't want to do pizza as that is what we will have on feb 14th.
screw valentines day, i'm taking over the tv in the bedroom for walking dead.
will order pizza the hour prior to that and call it the meal.....

don't want to do pizza two weeks in a row in case the place we use is lousy.
super bowl and valentine day walking dead day i need a meal ready to go.
sit it down in front of the boys and then i go to the tv.....

Glad you found another decent place to eat there........you can have pizza twice.......I would!!! Is this a new series of WD? Love bbq pork steaks!!!

We had pizza Saturday tonight......we had spicy chicken and spicy chorizo with bbq base......Kyle had plain cheese with bbq base too.........lovely!

Watched Ride Along 2 tonight, Kevin Hart and Ice Cube.........funny movie.....funnier than the first one..........Now looking for another to watch.......DH is after a scary one.........I'll watch anything really........

Wine, chips and dip time...........:thumbsup2

I'm watching my blu-ray of Jaws tonight, cause I was reading about the history of the attraction (which was just about as troublesome and expensive as making the movie) and it made me want to watch it again. Such a great film all these many years later. Trying not to eat all my Girl Scout cookies tonight as well. I got the last couple of boxes of Thin Mints and Samoas that the woman at work had. Plus the Trefoils (shortbread), they're my third favorite.

Carole, why are shortbread cookies synonymous with Scotland?

I love Girl Scout cookies
Wish I had a couple of boxes of them now

Watching Big .....again
Boring Saturday night

Love shortbread Robbie........it originated hundreds of years ago.......but as with other things it evolved from a basic bread roll type of food.......traditionally associated with New Year (Hogmany in Scotland) and celebrations like weddings and such......Mary Queen of Scots is believed to have upped its popularity with her love for it........I like the softer shortbread that's known as petticoat tails........instead of cutting it into finger shapes, it's made into a round shape and cut into triangles, bit like a pizza.......buttery and gorgeous........not to be mistaken for the biscuit called shortcake.......not the same thing at all.........

Walkers Shortbread is one of the biggest exports from Scotland, excluding Scotch Whisky I imagine.........

Slept late this morning........cold and windy outside but sun is shining.......watching my guys out washing their cars......they look cold! I'm staying put today I think.........

Baking a ham for dinner tonight............lazy Sunday ahead..........:surfweb:

Love shortbread Robbie........it originated hundreds of years ago.......but as with other things it evolved from a basic bread roll type of food.......traditionally associated with New Year (Hogmany in Scotland) and celebrations like weddings and such......Mary Queen of Scots is believed to have upped its popularity with her love for it........I like the softer shortbread that's known as petticoat tails........instead of cutting it into finger shapes, it's made into a round shape and cut into triangles, bit like a pizza.......buttery and gorgeous........not to be mistaken for the biscuit called shortcake.......not the same thing at all.........

Walkers Shortbread is one of the biggest exports from Scotland, excluding Scotch Whisky I imagine.........

Slept late this morning........cold and windy outside but sun is shining.......watching my guys out washing their cars......they look cold! I'm staying put today I think.........

Baking a ham for dinner tonight............lazy Sunday ahead..........:surfweb:

I love Walkers Shortbread

I really don't want to be at work today. Hopefully the museum is slow since its SB Sunday.

Going to see a friend of mine in the tour of Bridges of Madison County the musical tonight.

Last edited:
Enjoy your play Robbie........never seen that movie either, but didn't know it was a musical too?? I'm trying to pick a new show to see on Broadway this May/June........saw Wicked both previous NY trips and also seen it in London......so have to come up with something different this time around.........suitable for an 80 year old too.......I would see Wicked again as I adore it.....but think my mum fancies something different........prefer to book it in advance so have to get a wiggle on to book decent seats for whatever we end up seeing........

More torrential rain and 60-70-80 mph winds predicted for us again..........so fed up with these gale force winds this winter.............rain has started and winds are getting up right now.........

Enjoy that SuperBowl for all that are watching it........too late for me with time difference......Watching new episodes of The Blacklist through that streaming box........marvellous thing!!!

Monday tomorrow........:)

Last edited:
Enjoy your play Robbie........never seen that movie either, but didn't know it was a musical too?? I'm trying to pick a new show to see on Broadway this May/June........saw Wicked both precious NY trips and also seen it in London......so have to come up with something different this time around.........suitable for an 80 year old too.......I would see Wicked again as I adore it.....but think my mum fancies something different........prefer to book it in advance so have to get a wiggle on to book decent seats for whatever we end up seeing........

More torrential rain and 60-70-80 mph winds predicted for us again..........so fed up with these gale force winds this winter.............rain has started and winds are getting up right now.........

Enjoy that SuperBowl for all that are watching it........too late for me with time difference......Watching new episodes of The Blacklist through that streaming box........marvellous thing!!!

Monday tomorrow........:)

Matilda was really good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter