• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing..........#11

Status
Not open for further replies.
mac & carole yinz guys need to set up tickers so u know when to start packing.

Is it bad I know in my head how many days we have to go :D I pack the day before we leave, sometimes the same day as we leave late morning for overnight at airport.......I have one friend who can start packing months before they leave........not me.

Hope you feeling better today.........:thumbsup2

Ditto!
Howdy Y'all!!! So. Flippin'.Busy.
SOOOO want to work on my trip planning, but can't EVEN catch up!

Hey buddy..........nice to see ya posting......hope all is good :wave2:

schumi, what have you been up to today?

Lovely day thanx...........treated the boy....made his day.......went to a friends last night and had a good old catch up.......nice night.

still haven't planned anything for next week...

work was cray cray today.

Don't work too hard.....I've heard it's over rated.........:cheer2: We never plan anything and have the best time........you'll have a blast I'm sure!!

Today is a house day for me.......dull. Plan to do all the beds and hopefully get them out to dry........then all usual housework........I was not blessed with my mothers love for those jobs........

However I am waiting on two parcels so will look out for those today.........

Happy Tuesday :thumbsup2

Think we are about the same temp today mac........not the nicest day.........and yes we do have wasps in back garden!!!!

Brought washing in off of line and now got tumble dryer on.........not going out there till pest control guy arrives......tomorrow!! They`re busy.

How`s the dining room doing.........:rolleyes1

glad you asked....
down to 3 boxes and odds and ends on it right now.

starting to get used to the way it is decorated........lol

happy tuesday! sticky and hot over here too.

@macraven - are you redecorating your dining room? we have decided to turn ours into a study / children's playroom. we moved in a few months ago - and since the dining room table i want is ridiculous in price (okay okay and the fact that the toys are naturally ending up there anyway) we officially decided to turn it into a study / playroom.

i am mostly worried about it looking a hot smokin mess!! it is the first room you see when you come in the front door. so PC (prince charming) has agreed that if we are going to use it as one - we may as well just go ahead and furnish it that way. right now it is just an empty room with a pink kitchen, a basket of toys, a princess castle and my wine rack / holder. OH - and a low hanging light fixture that whacks unsuspecting guests in the head.

@schumigirl i pack the night before / day of as well. although i always tell myself next time won't be that way.

lol, my dining room floor is full of taped up boxes that i have been packing over the last month.
the dining room table is full of all my pretties that i am in the process of wrapping and then boxing up.

good thing we eat in the kitchen which has a decent size table...
my dining room is a war zone.
even my section where my computer is......

it's pathetic..

sounds like your kids are going to love and enjoy their "own" play room.....
wonderful plan!

Is it bad I know in my head how many days we have to go :D I pack the day before we leave, sometimes the same day as we leave late morning for overnight at airport.......I have one friend who can start packing months before they leave........not me.

Hope you feeling better today.........:thumbsup2

Happy Tuesday :thumbsup2

heck, no! if you have to have something rumbling around a happy thing is 'da best

Had post op today, told I'm slow:oops:(ly) healing. Had to drain an abcess, wouldn't wish that on anybody...well, maybe a select few:ssst:. At least I'm finally allowed back in the pool if we double chlorinate. woohoo Naturally, a cold front came thru this afternoon.

mac - be careful cleaning out any large spaces...you'll turn your back and it'll be claimed by squatters. at least that's the way it works here lol

I must say Universal Orlando is far more organized that their Hollywood brethren who have yet to announce their HHN party dates!o_O Disneyland has their party tickets going on presale tomorrow. At this point i'll buy the DL tix (since they sell out so quick and we are there over a big event). will just hope we can work in USH. I've heard comments that it's primarily a local's event, which is perfectly understandable since they make it difficult for anybody needing to fly into town. :charac2:vent over

Hi KFish..........enjoy Florida..........how's the little guy doing........not so little I imagine now.......:wave2:

Thanks Schumi! I will post some pics of the "little guy" when we are down there.

been missing you in these parts Kfish.
are you doing a road trip again with the entire family?

is your dad improved and all better now?

and, how is your sissy doing?
i remember she came first to post in the something thread but we ended up adopting you when you came and stayed.

tell your sister i remember her well.
and she should get her butt over here sometime before 2016......

Thanks Mac. Dad is getting better....driving everyone crazy in retirement. Mom had a scare though with a biopsy but luckily everything came back good. Took a while, but it seems that everything is finally on the upswing. Sis is fine, same old. I will send her your sentiments. Brother is getting married next year...not really thrilled but its his life, his mistakes.

Hope everyone else is enjoying the summer!

@schumigirl i pack the night before / day of as well. although i always tell myself next time won't be that way.

How do you guys deal with this? I'd be stressing out, now for my embarassing secret I normally start packing like a month in advance but by "packing" I mean getting the big suitcase out of storage and putting holiday specific stuff inside. digging out beach towels etc from storage.

But thats only because i'm nortoriously forgetful. If i left it till the last min I'd forget at least 3 things.

my dining room is a war zone.

I think for most people the dining room becomes the "don't open the door to that room" room. It definitely was for us. haha

Had post op today, told I'm slow:oops:(ly) healing

I wish you a speedy recovery.

camel_zpsjwwtir2j.gif

@keishashadow hope you are feeling better. that sounds awful. glad it is over!!!

@BagOLaughs i think have traveled for work for so long - packing was just another task. however...now that i am married with 2 children - there is a lot more involved. i have been off the road now for 3 years and am out of practice - and children require SO MUCH STUFF! i do have a packing list though - so it helps when we are running around the morning of!

@KStarfish82 where did the summer go??? trying to enjoy these last 2 weeks of "summer". i swear school starts back earlier every year.

not sure if we will be going anywhere next week...we will see.

thanks for the camel Keisha. Hope the slow healing is going well, and hope you are completely healed soon.

A beautiful day today. Rain last night took some of the humidity out of the air. Ah, still hot, but not as steamy.

So, renewed my AP via phone. $170 with tax, and the reminder will be higher starting August first. Agent tried to get me to bump up, with renewal cost of $308. Umm, I don't think I will get that much out of it, so stuck with my Preferred. Also, I renewed 37 days before my expiration date. So, I guess you can renew more than 30 days before. At least now my trip is paid for, well, except for food and trinkets.

Hope all are enjoying the hump day! Even Mac, who's stuck in her dining room!

Had post op today, told I'm slow:oops:(ly) healing. Had to drain an abcess, wouldn't wish that on anybody...well, maybe a select few:ssst:. At least I'm finally allowed back in the pool if we double chlorinate. woohoo Naturally, a cold front came thru this afternoon.

That sounds nasty!!! I could pick a select few too if it came to choosing.........:rolleyes1 Glad you on the mend Janet.......and hope it gets warm enough for some pool time!

Thanks Schumi! I will post some pics of the "little guy" when we are down there.

Look forward to seeing them Kfish :)

not sure if we will be going anywhere next week...we will see.

Aww hope you get away ok.........

Been busy today........weather been a bit cooler today. Glad we had a camel as I thought it was Tuesday this morning..........

When DS isn't at University the days all merge into one..........:wave2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter