Something About Nothing..........#11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grocery shopping all done.........

Any locals been to Capital Grill on I Drive? Have it on a shortlist of nicer places for nice meal out. Other choice is Christners, back to Ruth's Chris or Flemings?? So much choice and so few nights!!!

Planning on some gardening this afternoon I think........

Grocery shopping all done.........

Any locals been to Capital Grill on I Drive? Have it on a shortlist of nicer places for nice meal out. Other choice is Christners, back to Ruth's Chris or Flemings?? So much choice and so few nights!!!

Planning on some gardening this afternoon I think........

lol reminds me of popular saying from back in the dark ages "so many men, so little time" :rolleyes1

no experience w/that joint you mention. wanted to ask if you (or any other homies) have tried hash house a go-go recently. recent reviews seem to indicate they've gotten their act together. so close to Universal, wanted to try

Last edited:
lol reminds me of popular saying from back in the dark ages "so many men, so little time" :rolleyes1

no experience w/that joint you mention. wanted to ask if you (or any other homies) have tried hash house a go-go recently. recent reviews seem to indicate they've gotten their act together. so close to Universal, wanted to try

Lol.........

Never gone there it didn't appeal to us at all.......but Gina went and loved it.....she has a post in her trippie about it. My nephew went but it was earlier in the year and didn't have a good experience.......food was ok but they had terrible service and spoke to a manager......but like I say it was around February/ March they went so they've maybe got much better.
Big portions!!!

Have had to get one of our plum trees cut down today.........hoping it won't affect our other fruit trees! Thankfully guys were there cutting down a tree at the rear of our property anyway so they did both.........got two big gaping holes now! Not so noticeable as we do have a lot of trees but.....still.

Gone cool again.

Must be a bad year for plum trees as we had to cut ours down too....I replaced it but couldn't find a polinator since they only had one variety so I have to get another this fall.

Deck is being replaced as we speak...there was a lot more damage than I thought but I still need to paint ...wish I could afford composite then I wouldn't have to paint ever ....but that would eat into my vacation budget...we must have our priorities :flower:

i vote for Ruth's Chris
you can't go wrong there....

we hired a company to take down our ash tree that is in our front yard.
it's dead.

and it would be a big issue if a storm came throught and it crashed into our cars and house.

they can't get us worked into their schedule for another 2 weeks......they are booked solid for those ash trees.

almost 100% of the ash trees in our town have died or in the process of kicking the bucket.
some other communities around us have the same problem.

yea, it's friday all day long.

Must be a bad year for plum trees as we had to cut ours down too....I replaced it but couldn't find a polinator since they only had one variety so I have to get another this fall.

Deck is being replaced as we speak...there was a lot more damage than I thought but I still need to paint ...wish I could afford composite then I wouldn't have to paint ever ....but that would eat into my vacation budget...we must have our priorities :flower:

I like a gal with the right priorities............:thumbsup2. Coincidence on the plum trees.........there were loads on it too......I give them to my friend who makes chutneys.....she's disappointed.....lol........

i vote for Ruth's Chris
you can't go wrong there....

I know, Ruths Chris is so good there......but DH is not as keen as he still remembers the waiter was a bit off when Kyle asked for his steak well done.........did tell him the chance the waiter would still be there was remote..........Capital Grill looks good and most reviews are good.......I just want it to be as perfect as possible. Still got a few options.....and we won't decide till we get there anyway..........friends who are there just now are eating at Big Fin Seafood tonight.......I told them it was good so I hope it is!!!

Friday night and we are watching reruns of Two and a Half Men.......lol........quiet night in.......will look out a movie in a bit.......wine and snacks to follow........:thumbsup2

Hi all fellow disboard folks. I used to post on Disboards about 15 years ago then stopped. Started back up again back in May. I post under Robo 56. I live Florida. Moved here 7 years ago from Southern Indiana. Travel a lot and always enjoy my time At Universal when possible.

Enjoy reading posts and helping with info when possible.

Mac a lot of the Ash trees are being killed by the Emerald Ash borer. It is killing a lot of the ash trees across U.S. and is really hard to eradicate.

Enjoying a lazy Friday evening after a busy day.

Have a great weekend everyone:flower1:

hi robo and welcome to something about nothing.
we are just a chat thread and always have something to say.

:welcome:

yes, i am very well aware of the Emerald Ash borer that has hit all over our country.
who would not know about that since it has been headlines for months and months.
cities are replanting and going into great expense over this tree issue.

the problem so many home owners like myself are facing is that the city does not cover any of the costs for tree removal on private property.
they only handle the tree removals on city property.

i only have one Ash tree to deal with.
i don't see how those with many will be able to afford it.
$400 a tree is the going rate in my town.
and i have a two week wait period since their list is long ........

neighbors on both side of me have the same dying trees.
they are going to wait until a storm passes thru that knocks their trees down.
only problem with one of my neighbors, two of his Ash trees are next to my fence line.

i'm really hoping no major wind storms during these next 2 weeks.......lol

hope all have a great weekend!

robo, nice you dropped in today.

I have a ash tree on my property in Southern Indiana so far it is ok. Lost 2 coconut palms at home in Florida do to unusual freeze over a few nights 3 years ago. I had them removed and planted another. It was a costly removal and replant. I really enjoy my trees, but sometimes you can't control pests and Mother Nature. :sad2:

25 years ago, schools were giving the students ash trees to take home and plant.
that is how we got our ash tree.

the schools always celebrated Arbor Day and now the city has thousands of those ash trees planted in yards.
it's rare to see a live one in our town now.

hope your ash tree survives the crisis and doesn't get infected.

well, it is now after 2:00 am and i'm going to turn the porch light off now for this thread.
schumi hasn't shown up yet and i try to keep the lights on so she won't stumble in the dark when she comes here.

wonder why she is sleeping in this morning.....?
it's 8 in the morning for her now, her time that is..

happy saturday homies!

well, it is now after 2:00 am and i'm going to turn the porch light off now for this thread.
schumi hasn't shown up yet and i try to keep the lights on so she won't stumble in the dark when she comes here.

wonder why she is sleeping in this morning.....?
it's 8 in the morning for her now, her time that is..

happy saturday homies!

We slept late :ssst: was very light by time I got up...........:rolleyes1

Stayed up till around 2am watching old scary movies......lol......was fun!! Dis was on its daily hour shutdown when I got up.....still between 9-10am I cannot get on. Anyway had pancakes and maple syrup for breakfast.......lush!!

Lovely day here today.......got few things to get on with today.......leg waxing changed to Tuesday.......heading to car showroom to sign for some additions we have put on our new car order........don't get it till November but like to order early. If it wasn't in November we would do the factory pick up they offer.....you fly over and drive new car home........but don't fancy driving in Germany mid winter.

No plans tonight either......another quiet night here.........

Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

Sunny day, kids are on a Schumi schedule. Still not up yet. Slackers!

Took my DM out to breakfast. Good food.

Laundry to do. Now I don't have a dog to pull the wash off the line. Happy and sad.

Hope all are enjoying the last week end in July.

Just dropping by to say HI. I have been real busy lately so I left the posting to DH. He usually does a good enough job for the two of us. LOL Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Yep, DW posted while DS and I were touring south Florida today.

We went to a bunch of Best Buy's to take advantage of the Black Friday in July deals. We picked up 2 silver iPad Air 2's because that's all they had. I really wanted a space grey/black and DW wanted the silver/white. So after getting the 2 iPads DS and I decided to visit a bunch of other stores. Finally after 5 stores I was able to locate a black one. So I exchanged one of the white ones and got my black one, now I'm a happy camper.

Also DS got my iPad mini 2 so he is happy coming from his old iPad. The sale was too good to pass up.

Besides its been a rainy Saturday here. Not hard but steady all day.

Good days shopping bluer.......:thumbsup2 iPad of some kind is on my shopping list for this year for DH and I........he says I've worn this one I have out.......lol.......he may be right!!

Run out of printer ink again........I swear every time we go to print and it's empty! Funnily enough maple syrup is empty too.......have to go shopping later......

Have a great Sunday :wave2:

Out shopping and this made us think of Mac.

C3711E37-6EBC-4799-A37C-3F6B384F5883.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter