Something About Nothing..........#11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vicki have posted in the CB thread but in case you don't see it.......let me know your dates again.........I've got so many people to see this year.......families!!! I detest making plans......and people are saying to me now what are your plans on x day.......who knows!!! My last sat and sun are mapped out but let me know when you're there again.........I must have deleted the email........:)

Carole, were there for 8 nights 9/29- 10/7...can't wait for HHN 25 :cool1:

:thumbsup2

Totally resisting planning........my cousin asked me a week ago where we should reserve for dinner..........told him to ask me September 25th...........even then I won't reserve.........it goes against everything I love about Universal.

Loved The Fog tonight.........I forgot most of the movie so was good to watch..........DH wants to watch Halloween tomorrow night.........not sure about that.........:scared:

i got up early and missed all the cheese danish this morning

been rushing around today and now finally back home.

nothing good on tv tonight.......
guess i could clean out my closet ........or do something productive

Hi everyone!

Glad to hear that your ad is doing better Bluer.
Well, we made it to FL! The weather is gorgeous. :sunny: We took Chris swimming already and he is absolutely loving being outside and not cooped up in the house. Gonna hit the sack cause I'm pooped from the 19 hour drive. :cloud9:

Hi everyone!

Well, we made it to FL! The weather is gorgeous. :sunny: We took Chris swimming already and he is absolutely loving being outside and not cooped up in the house. Gonna hit the sack cause I'm pooped from the 19 hour drive. :cloud9:

that is one long drive......
i'm thinking that since christopher probably slept most of the ride down, he'll be raring to go around 10 pm tonight......

i hated when my kids did that.......

have fun and come back with a tan!

how is your dad doing?

Bluer, how is your dad doing now?
has he improved enough to be able to return home?

hope he did fine with the pacemaker surgery.

Hi everyone!

That is a long drive!!

Have a wonderful trip :thumbsup2

Pressed post before I meant to.........

Miserable weather here today.......don't think there'll be any easter bonnets this weekend unfortunately.........it's raining.

Planned to paint the woodwork but paint seems lumpy for some reason......so will wait till tomorrow and go get some new stuff.......only bought it about 6 weeks ago. Day off for me now...........

Usual rubbish on TV for Easter.........

Hope everyone has lovely weekend :)

Hope all went well with Bluer's Dad. I hope he is home too.

Dreary day here also. Thunderstorms to round out the day.

Soggy Easter weekend for us. At least it is not snow.

Glad to hear Kfish made it and family is enjoying the Florida sun.

TGIF! It is Friday y'all! :D

i totally need the homies here to keep me in the loop on day of the week.
yesterday i thought it was wednesday and today i keep thinking it is saturday.

the school across the street for me is closed today.
always think it's saturday when i see their parking lot empty

it is not a warm day here either.
but, even with dark skies and rain, it is much better than having snow.

heard from bluer and wanted to pass on he and the family are at the hospital.

the dad's pacemaker surgery went fine yesterday, but he is now going back into emergency surgery due to complications of the intestines. (perforated bowel)

bluer will keep me posted and will pass on info to you here as many of you have then in prayer and concerned of his situation.

bluer and family, sending prayers and :grouphug::hug::grouphug:'s

Oh absolutely........hugs and good wishes for all of them, especially dad :hug:

i heard from Bluer a few minutes ago and wanted to give the homies an update.

in the past 6 hours, Bluer and family has had life changing events.

his dad is out of surgery but it was not successful.
he is now in ICU
bluer will be going in to sit with him soon.

3 years ago his dad had bowel obstruction and ended up with an ilostomy.
this past year he went through surgery for it to be reversed.
it worked and thought this was going to be a happy ending for him.

now the dad is back in the original situation of the ileostomy done again with no chance of reversal.
it will be a tough recovery but i'm sure all the homies here will have them in their thoughts, prayers and hope.
i know how tough this is going to be for the dad.
it's a mental and physical change of complete lifestyle forever.

i only say that as my dad (happy birthday today dad) went thru emergency surgery 5 years ago for the same thing.
he was left with only 4 inches of intestines and had a colostomy too.
that is how i ended up moving home to take care of him and the needs.

so i do understand how difficult this time period will be for Bluer and Mrs Bluer.

Bluer, hang in there.
your dad will recover and the situation will be better over the month.

homies are here for you.
i know you are a private person but do know your friends care about you and your family.

Trey says thanks for the birthday wishes...we liked the cake he got for Danielle's bd so much that we got another chantilly cake for him...waiting patiently for him to get home so we can have pizza & cake.

After much debating and waffleling back and forth we finally decided to skip WDW this trip and stay at RPR on our last night. It will give us 2 days of express at the end of our vacation...much better than jumping thru the fastpass hoops and it makes for a more relaxing time since we will be at the darkside 8 nights...is it September yet?

I really must search out this cake. hmmm, you must like the 4th of July lol Two of my boys are born within 2 weeks of each other, apparently I enjoyed celebrating labor day :tilt:

bluer & family - so sorry to hear of your family's troubles:(. Hugs and encouragement sent your way to help your Dad get through this health crisis.

today is my family's Easter celebration. the mr was summoned to work 4-12 tomorrow, as they don't consider it a holiday. Will have our egg hunt, search for the Easter baskets (yes, the 3 adult 'children' still eagerly participate lol) then enjoy a leisurely dinner. Usually, it's hectic with them needing to visit other family members. Another chest cold has me paring down some side dishes from the menu but there will still be plenty of food to go around. All we need is the rain to stop and temp to segue into the 40's and i'll be happy.

Continued good wishes for Bluers......not great news yesterday, but hope there's an improvement today.

Janet.......your Labor Day story made me smile.......I was born sept 13th and I was always called Christmas Carole as a kid :D never knew why till I was much older.......lol.......Hope you feel better and enjoy the day with the kids....big and little.....I have a grown up kid that still gets Easter eggs, although we don't do the hunt now thank goodness........(I do miss it actually)

Finished decorating the kitchen today......all glossing finally done and I just made a flourless chocolate cake for tomorrow's dessert.........if it makes tomorrow..........boys are hovering already.........wish I liked it!!!

So I've earned my large glass of wine tonight I think.........::yes::

Have a great Saturday :wave2:

i'm off soon for errands.
need to get toilet paper so i won't be putting off shopping today.

but if i do, the morning newspaper is a possibility...........

good morning schumi and keisha....
our morning homie and our evening homie

bluer, hugs and prayers for you and family continue.

Bluer, much good wishes and prayers for your Dad and your family.

Mac, errand day indeed.

Keisha, hope you are feeling better. We finally told DM that we are all too old to hunt for baskets. I actually do not miss the hunt. Youngest GD is too young to even know what a basket is.

Very windy day, and cool.

Take care all, and have a happy Easter. :flower2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter