Something About Nothing..........# 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
our homie sickies are hanging tuff:thumbsup2they have the right stuff.

holidays are stressful enough and to be sick :eek: phone it in and relax

in full holiday commando mode, 6 pumpkin pies done, not sure what i'll cook today lol

is your cold going away yet?

Yes thanks much better. But poor DS has started again with a cough/sore throat. We are all fed up with this virus just hanging around us.

How are things in the Mac household today??? Getting better I hope :goodvibes

thanks for asking.

just kind of blah here today.

it's been 24 hours now since son had surgery.
he has been asleep since 8 this morning.
that should help him.

sending mummy dust to Kyle for getting well and feeling better real soon.

our homie sickies are hanging tuff:thumbsup2they have the right stuff.

holidays are stressful enough and to be sick :eek: phone it in and relax

in full holiday commando mode, 6 pumpkin pies done, not sure what i'll cook today lol

but besides all the grub you'll have spread out on thursday, will peanut butter and jelly be included?

but besides all the grub you'll have spread out on thursday, will peanut butter and jelly be included?

:crazy2: i despise pb & jelly sammies

but we go thru jars of pb and i'm a fan of orange marmalade

anybody else have any food aversions they're willing to share? ;)

:crazy2: i despise pb & jelly sammies

but we go thru jars of pb and i'm a fan of orange marmalade

anybody else have any food aversions they're willing to share? ;)

I love marmalade.........every morning with 2 slices wholemeal toast and Breakfast tea :thumbsup2

My despise list could get real long too.......but the highlights........

Bananas.......just nasty.
Beans.........any kind at all.
Chick Peas
Green Beans
Blue Cheese
Honey........unless it`s Honey Mustard dressing.
Desserts with alcohol in them......even though I like desserts and I like alcohol........just never together.
Peanut Butter.
Nuts. Except Pistachio.
Tinned Tuna.

I`m sure there`s more :scratchin

interesting that i enjoy all the food-stuffs you guys listed::yes::

i go in spurts as to liking sushi, have been craving it and enjoyed a fair share of it pre-game last week. I'm told it's not fattening but "they" lie;)

I hate coconut (the taste, texture and even smell). Tripe is sooo gross:tilt: and looking at liver & onions makes me queasy, but i cook them both when requested.:bitelip: Also, not a fan of the seven fishie meal that's popular on Christmas Eve, tradition or not.

i think the highlights of Tday for me was sleeping in close to noon and watching Blind Side on tv tonight.

i have watched different parts of that movie over some time and hope i can catch it again soon so i can see the first 35 minutes of it.

i think it has been close to a year since i have been watching bits and pieces of it.

last year i pitched our christmas tree and didn't shop for a replacement one after the holidays when they would be cheap.

i better get on the ball and find a new one soon as i don't want to pay a milion dollars for one this year.

i'm sure the kitty will climb in whatever tree i buy and break the branches the first year we have it.

that was the reason i got rid of last years tree.
both cats, over the years, would climb up the tree and break branches.
all the lower branches hung to the floor.

back to the doctor tomorrow but have a noon appointment.
get to sleep in another day...........woot

Good afternoon homies

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving

Happy Belated Thanksgiving! Still haven't had time to do a TR.

Janet and Carole, I have an awesome cranberry sauce recipe that has marmalade in it.

Mac, hope you're getting lots of rest. NO SHOPPING UNTIL YOU'RE ALL HEALED. HAve your husband steal a bush and decorate it.

Here I am as a dinosaur.

set

My friends and I with the boys after lunch at Mythos.

set

Can anyone else see the pictures I tried to post? They're just little x marks on my screen....

back to the doctor tomorrow but have a noon appointment.
get to sleep in another day...........woot

Hope your appt went ok. Hows you feeling.......and everyone else in the family?????

Janet and Carole, I have an awesome cranberry sauce recipe that has marmalade in it.

Oh I like the sound of that.....love cranberry sauce in all it`s variations.

I make mine with red wine or port, but always with onions which some people don`t like so much. So it turns out more like a chutney I suppose, but I love it. It`s always very rich and sweet, dh likes it a little sharper so I add some squeezed lemon on occasion for him.

I cooked lamb shanks in red wine, port, a jar cranberry sauce, onions, garlic and a little chilli yesterday.....they were delicious. Cooked them in the slow cooker then reduced the sauce down for drizzling over. The plates were so clean when we finished they could have gone straight back in the cupboard ::yes::

Takeout pizza tonight :thumbsup2

Cold and a bit foggy here today, so having a day in watching the qualifying for the Brazilian Grand Prix with DH and DS. Very cosy. Just had hot chocolates with marshmallows. Keep the red wine for tonight :thumbsup2

Have a good weekend everyone :wave2:

i don't understand the foreign language Metro West and I are speaking???:confused3

i see where our posts in some of the threads are in symbols.

i guess we are in the kewl group, eh...........

anyhoo, on thanksgiving day, one of my sons had plans to do "black friday" shopping.

he and his friend got to Best Buy at the mall at 4:00 that afternoon.
(to stand in line that is)
Best Buy opened at midnight for the start of their sales.

i thought it was nuts to stand in the rain for 8 hours before that store opened but what do i know............

he wanted to buy lots of movies and cds that were on sale.
so in order to save $5 each, he waited in line that long.

then he and the friend went to Target and then Walmart.

He returned home sometime friday after 10.

he was happy.

i am no longer a shopper and especially the black friday type of shopper.

i heard on the radio last night that the best sales in the stores are the 10 days prior to christmas, items are marked way down at that time.

i do gift cards and buy them on the 23rd or 24th and call it shopping.
easy peasy.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter