• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing..........# 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all, im back, freezing...4 degrees and 19 below windchill this morning not going to get to 10 degrees today...wish i was back in 90+ in the carribean. Wonderful trip, even though i nearly downed in rough weather snorkeling on 'the wall' in Grand Cayman and had to visit ship's dr for an infected manicure. That's why you buy trip insurance. Wonder if the stingrays would've dined on my carcass lol?

came home and had a minor electrical fire on Monday, welcome home my butt. Least it was caught in time, i'll call it a blessing in disguise.

mac sorry to hear of parental problems, hope all is well and with StL's family too

belated happy happy to kyle, soon to depart the teen years and congrats to todd for rolling over the mileage!

re DVC point rentals...get thee to the board here for current offerings. Make sure to look for track record (lots of posts, etc.) or the rental program logo under the screen names and make sure you can live with the contract (which varies) terms. Rentals are quite the deal if you have the stomach for accepting the tradeoff as to level of risk that comes with all rentals.

Hello everyone .. So I need some help !! I was wondering if anyone has ever rented DVC points for a room in WDW ? And who did you rent from ? I am really intrested in one hotel and am nervous about renting the points !!

On another note back to college for me tomorrow UGH a Math class this time .. not sure how I am going to do this but I am looking forward to it !

FREEZING COLD here !! I need a vacation to a warm tropical island !!! :beach:...

There's a site that advertises on here (Dave's DVC Rental or something like that). They have a set price per point. You put in a request form for your top 3 choices and pay a small deposit and they try and find DVS owners with extra points to match what you're wanting. I did one at at AKV and was quite please with the process, and it was a nice way to end my trip.

So ready for this work week to be over. I didn't get out till 4am last night.

Andy, i bet you are excited..........isn't your trip just a matter of days now?

what are your plans this time for the parks?
new adr's for youse?

Andy, i bet you are excited..........isn't your trip just a matter of days now?

what are your plans this time for the parks?
new adr's for youse?

Mostly new ADR's all around. Doing Kona Cafe twice, dinner and breakfast, I'd only done lunch before. Doing Ohana, 1900 Park Faire, Garden Grill and Crystal Palace, all of which I've never been to. So yay for that, lol. I'll do a TR when I get back, hopefully, if I remember lol.

Mostly new ADR's all around. Doing Kona Cafe twice, dinner and breakfast, I'd only done lunch before. Doing Ohana, 1900 Park Faire, Garden Grill and Crystal Palace, all of which I've never been to. So yay for that, lol. I'll do a TR when I get back, hopefully, if I remember lol.

tie a string around your finger so you will remember...........

btw, i have been to all of those places you have for adr's this time around.

andy: good choices! make sure to hang around long enough at 1900 park faire for the evil stepsister's stick:thumbsup2. imo CP has best charactar buffet food & face time. Not big on ohana but big fan of kona.

do believe we picked up a mayan curse during our trip...furnace went out yesterday (plumber got it working but needs replaced) and the fancy/smancy gaming desktop i bought DH for Xmas had network adapter die. It's attached to the motherboard so i have my choice of trying to uninstall it myself or pack the whole tower up and send it back to mfg in CA.:scratchin choices aren't always good lol

dammit janet, you are not having much luck this week.

take another vacation ...........
:wave2:

dammit janet, you are not having much luck this week.

take another vacation ...........:wave2:

nwahaha next best thing, added a day on June's WDW trip:smokin:

my oldest DS's family made it out to WDW today before the storm hit, having a great time except...

Got in line for Be Our Guest lunch around 1 pm. Was told half-hour wait which took them behind one woman. Would you believe she was holding a place in line for a party of 30 who were off 'somewhere'? Finally they got to enjoy what they called a great meal by 2:15 pm but I cannot believe one person can hold that many spots.:confused3

nwahaha next best thing, added a day on June's WDW trip:smokin:

my oldest DS's family made it out to WDW today before the storm hit, having a great time except...

Got in line for Be Our Guest lunch around 1 pm. Was told half-hour wait which took them behind one woman. Would you believe she was holding a place in line for a party of 30 who were off 'somewhere'? Finally they got to enjoy what they called a great meal by 2:15 pm but I cannot believe one person can hold that many spots.:confused3

if it were me, i would have skipped that due to the long wait.

from what i have been reading on different sites, be our guest dining isn't all that good.
peeps talk about the ambiance but then complain about the food quality and poor/slow service.

i saw ohana had a menu change.
now i could go for that on my next trip to the motherland!

if it were me, i would have skipped that due to the long wait.

from what i have been reading on different sites, be our guest dining isn't all that good.
peeps talk about the ambiance but then complain about the food quality and poor/slow service.

i saw ohana had a menu change.
now i could go for that on my next trip to the motherland!

I'll let you know how the new menu is. I hear they added mango and papaya to the salad. I'm not a big fan or either, so we'll see.

Also, it has begun: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47314946#post47314946

i read up on the new menu and it sounds pretty good.
they only have the peanut sauce now but i liked it the best of the 3 they used to have.

have you started packing yet?

Can you believe I didn't even attempt to pack until today? I usually have everything done a week ago, lol.

eww mangos! I wonder if you can get salad w/o or with alternate dressing. I was surprised to see so many dining slots still open for june there, so popular with many (just not us, too much food).

do believe we picked up a mayan curse during our trip...furnace went out yesterday (plumber got it working but needs replaced) and the fancy/smancy gaming desktop i bought DH for Xmas had network adapter die. It's attached to the motherboard so i have my choice of trying to uninstall it myself or pack the whole tower up and send it back to mfg in CA.:scratchin choices aren't always good lol

LOL........Welcome home.....glad you had good trip. I have heard of a remedy for Mayan curses......but it involves dancing naked at dawn and beatings with branches..........actually maybe stick with the bad luck :rotfl:

I'll let you know how the new menu is. I hear they added mango and papaya to the salad. I'm not a big fan or either, so we'll see.

Also, it has begun: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47314946#post47314946

I love mango and papaya!!!!
Will pop over to see your trip report later :thumbsup2

My son is officially mortified with me this afternoon.

He came back in with 2 mates and found me tearfully watching a music DVD. They all looked a bit bewildered before bursting out laughing and said their mum was the same when watching him. Glad I could amuse them before they cleared the cookie jar and headed off out again!!!! They don`t get it.

it was Barry Manilow :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

I adore him :hug: First time I met DH Could it be Magic was playing. I said it was a sign........he made fun of it though!!!!

Hope everyone`s ok :goodvibes

LOL........Welcome home.....glad you had good trip. I have heard of a remedy for Mayan curses......but it involves dancing naked at dawn and beatings with branches..........actually maybe stick with the bad luck :rotfl:

He came back in with 2 mates and found me tearfully watching a music DVD. They all looked a bit bewildered before bursting out laughing and said their mum was the same when watching him. Glad I could amuse them before they cleared the cookie jar and headed off out again!!!! They don`t get it.

I adore him :hug: First time I met DH Could it be Magic was playing. I said it was a sign........he made fun of it though!!!!

I suffered through a Barry Manilow concert for my mom once. A friend had gotten me free tickets in the nose bleeds. She loved it, I did not lol.

eww mangos! I wonder if you can get salad w/o or with alternate dressing. I was surprised to see so many dining slots still open for june there, so popular with many (just not us, too much food).

where's your nanners...........
what are you lusting for?

the new menu is for a trial period at ohana.
for those that don't like it, i'm sure they will let disney know.

a few posts i read in the CB stated they requested certain items removed from their salads......

now we know Barry is your main man. :)

did you ever receive the email i sent?

Can you believe I didn't even attempt to pack until today? I usually have everything done a week ago, lol.

pack tonight and then you can take it all out and repack again the night before you leave on your trip.

Ugh, I have barely slept at all since Friday. Here's hoping all the park touring will wear me out so I can get some sleep down there. Laid down at 7:30 after taking a sleeping pill and woke up at 10:30, tossed until 11 and have been up since. Cross your fingers for me.

Mac.....on my phone so cant quote you.
No havent got your email. We just got problem sorted Friday so I'm now getting emails ok, but I lost all my emails that were on at the time so maybe if you attached it on to mine i wouldnt get it. Well............ I assume thats the reason I'm not the most technical of people :)

Very dull grey Monday morning here but feeling positively tropical as it's so mild after the chill from last week.
Off to have breakfast.......catch ya later :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter