Soft open of holiday worth extra day stay?

Tif

Earning My Ears
I saw in another thread that the soft open of the holiday fireworks is going to start on the 9th of November. We were staying until the 8th, but I'm thinking of extending for just one more day so that we can see the holiday fireworks. Would it be worth it?

I was really wanting them to get to see the castle with full lights and I heard it snows at the end of the fireworks. Does that usually happen during this soft open too?

I don't know if the DLR calendar is anything like the WDW calendar and subject to all sorts of out-of-date info, but when the mid-November schedules were posted, it shows Believe in Holiday Magic as the fireworks show on the 9th. In that case, it's not really a soft-opening because it's posted on the calendar. I would guess that it should be the full show.

I'm kind of curious about this as well. I just booked a weekend trip 11/8-11/10 and I was bummed that my sister would miss Christmastime as she hasn't seen it, yet when I checked the calendar I too noticed that 11/9 is supposed to have the holiday fireworks.

If it's really the full show, that's a pleasant surprise!

It will be the full holiday show on the 9th, and IASW will be opened AND the park will be all decorated already because of the parade filming taking place on the 3-4th. However, all the other festivities like Santa, and Reindeer Roundup don't start until the official date, which is the 12th.

I'd extend!

My family and I will be there the 8th-11th! :cool1:

I don't think it's worth it because 1) the DLR fireworks are just OK (esp compared to WDW firewords at MK); and 2) in early November all of the Xmas stuff isn't really even up yet. Some are, but its not the whole shebang.

I think it's a toss-up. If it's not a financial hardship to extend, and you really want to see the fireworks, then it's worth a shot. You have to be prepared though for the possibility of the fireworks being canceled due to wind since the fireworks show is pretty susceptible to that problem. If you are still going to enjoy your day and not regret your decision even if the fireworks are unexpectedly cancelled, then go for it.

I haven't seen the holiday fireworks but id definately say GO FOR IT! From what i hear they are amazing, and im sure no one will complain about a little more Disney magic ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter