• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Soarin' Tour-All dates booked

I called right at 9:00 from a landline. After being on hold for 30 minutes, I also called from my cell phone. The recording said my wait time would be 16 minutes. After about 20 minutes, I got through on my cell phone. At this point I was holding on the landline for 50 minutes so that is proof that they don't take calls in the order that they are received. It was very frustrating that I wasted an hour of my time for this. And now I am reading that there are only 20 tickets per day. I just don't like the way DVC is handling things lately.

Called right at 9 am and got through, only to be disconnected before someone answered. I didn't get back through again until 9:29, thus too late. Disappointed.
You did good getting through at 9:29. I called at 9:00 and was still holding at 9:50 on my original call. I also called from my cell iPhone at 9:30, got tomspeakmto someone at 9:50, only to be told my date was not available. Extremely poor execution on Disney's part.

It seems that DVC has gotten way too large to have such a limited perk offering. 20 people each week is a little crazy when you think about it. Especially since they allowed guests which I do think is reasonable, but not really going to work too well.

In my opinion, the worst part of this whole mess was the screwed up phone system. Some people calling in at 9:00 or 9:05 got put in phone queue neverland. I was on hold for 60 minutes before I hung up. Others were on hold for as long as 2 hours. Meanwhile, people calling in at 9:15 or 9:30 were getting in after being on hold for 20 or 30 minutes.

Instead of complaining here where it does nothing proactive, only venting, why not suggest to them how they could improve this. There were very few openings for many people wanting them as I figured it would be. I did not get a place either but not upset. Not sure of a better way to do this, maybe someone can suggest something to them directly.

Instead of complaining here where it does nothing proactive, only venting, why not suggest to them how they could improve this. There were very few openings for many people wanting them as I figured it would be. I did not get a place either but not upset. Not sure of a better way to do this, maybe someone can suggest something to them directly.
Agree. They underestimated the appeal.

If they really cared about the members, don't you think that they would have a phone system that could handle these events? They would provide better training for MS, we called twice and got different answers each time. If they really wanted to have members attend they would allow larger groups and offer it for more than just 1 day per week?

:earsboy: Bill

Congratulations to those that received a reservation. When I saw that tours were only one day a week I knew there would be a lot of unhappy DVCer's. BTW I didn't attempt to get on a tour. I avoid waiting on hold for anything at all cost. I'm wondering if this is bone they can throw a prospective buyer rather than a neat members perk.

They offer a rare freebie to members and only offer 20 spots per week?! Seriously? With 200,000 members?! WHAT ON EARTH were they THINKING?! No way in the world that's enough slots. And now they've just got clogged up phone lines with frustrated members and overworked CMs (and not enough of them or enough phone lines). Very poorly executed plan. And I've got slim chances of getting a slot on our NEXT summer trip because my 180 day window opens on Jan 1st and since that's a Sunday and the "observed" day is a Monday that means I will have to wait for the 3rd on Tuesday and at 9:00 when the phones open WE'LL BE IN AIR FLYING TO DISNEY. SOOOO by the time we land at 9:20 or whatever time & I getoff the plane & a chance to call these measly 20 slots will probably be gone AGAIN. Count me as Super Extra Frustrated.

I am tired of writing in. I am going to get blacklisted if I write again about something else!! :rotfl2:

Got through at 9:16. Every date was taken in January, February and the first week in March.

I called too and was told that it was all booked. I was on hold for a long time too. I was looking for Feb. 20 slots once a week? That is crazy! I wish they would offer it every morning and that would give more of us a chance to get it.

I have heard that the powers that be read here. Well hear this....We your faithful owners are not HAPPY!

I didn't realize how lucky we were to get in! I called right at 9 and was on hold until 9:25. Was able to book May 17th for 2 people. Maybe since it was later in the year there wasn't as much demand as for the earlier dates.

Star shine - congrats, you just 'beat' me for May 17th. Was going to work it in before we did a cruise that day.

I called too and was told that it was all booked. I was on hold for a long time too. I was looking for Feb. 20 slots once a week? That is crazy! I wish they would offer it every morning and that would give more of us a chance to get it.

I have heard that the powers that be read here. Well hear this....We your faithful owners are not HAPPY!

Ditto as to how they are randomly offering these perks, might just be backfiring as to creating the warm & fuzzier re ownership IMO

My thots:

* 1 day a week obviously isn't enough to give even a small % of members a shot

* the after hour member nights @ the MK & WPs really need to be announced prior to 11 month window to give all a fair chance to book/attend.

JMHO but I'd be willing to actually (gasp) Pay OOP for a DVC only tour of this type...akin to what they used to offer to guests @ the AKV for the breakfast/Savannah tour (after they quit restricting to concierge). A reduced price tour is still a great perk IMO and it would cull the # of members/guests. Everybody knows how 'cheap' DVC members are as to our spending patterns in the parks. LOL no flames, but the stereotype is out there. I'd like think those who visit more often are a bit more selective in our onsite purchases.:D

Couldn't check my Oct dates. Imagine they will disappear really fast now that we know how difficult it is to book. The CM I spoke to said tour books 180 days out as most tours, can you imagine if it was the first day of your 11 month window & trying to book something yesterday? :crazy2:

I got thru in approx 30 min, all dates gone I checked. Note that I am visiting parks in Jan/Feb/May but don't have DVC res booked (combo of staying offsite due to availability issues & just running out of points). Asked the CM if we had to have a booking...was told "no". Rather surprised by that. Asked him to check, was put on hold and he said his answer was correct. Only thing they verified was whether membership was valid.

Was told to check back periodically for cancellations. Hopefully, that volume of phone calls won't strain the already long wait times to speak to MS

Does anyone know how this "free" members' tour is paid for? Let's face it, Disney doesn't do things for free often, so I suspect DVC is paying Disney for offering it-they have to pay the people who run the tour, etc. Well, is it our members' dues paying for it? If so, I resent the idea that my dues are paying for an event where so many people can get the benefit of the free event. Why not at least say, "free for members, guests pay X amount." Some events at Hilton Head have similar, tiered pricing-so much for DVC members, more for non-members (granted not much of a difference, though).

Does anyone know how this "free" members' tour is paid for? Let's face it, Disney doesn't do things for free often, so I suspect DVC is paying Disney for offering it-they have to pay the people who run the tour, etc. Well, is it our members' dues paying for it? If so, I resent the idea that my dues are paying for an event where so many people can get the benefit of the free event. Why not at least say, "free for members, guests pay X amount." Some events at Hilton Head have similar, tiered pricing-so much for DVC members, more for non-members (granted not much of a difference, though).

If it is a restricted event that not all members can attend due to not buying direct or being grandfathered, DVD should be paying for it, not member dues. IMO it's a marketing expense to help convince people to buy direct, looks great on paper that as a member you can attend all of these wonderful membership magic events. They just don't tell you that you need luck to sign up for some of them and that others have a pay to play fee.

It's like using your points for things other DVC stays, DVD advertises all of the wonderful uses of your membership but they don't tell you that using your points for trading out can be expensive.

:earsboy: Bill

Also, there is a minimum age, so they are already cutting out a large percentage of their member base, and they still came nowhere near to meeting demand.

I received a call from Member Satifaction team yesterday regarding my request to add more days of the week or guests to the experience. I think something will be done, no promises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter