Soarin' Tour-All dates booked

carlbarry

DIS Veteran
Well, I'm pretty ticked off.
I called member services at 8:59 am. Finally got through. Put on hold for more than 20 minutes.
Asked for 1 admission for the Soarin' tour, December 14. Nope, gone. December 7 gone, too.
So in other words, this was more of a raffle than an actual offer available to all DVC owners.

Well, I'm pretty ticked off.
I called member services at 8:59 am. Finally got through. Put on hold for more than 20 minutes.
Asked for 1 admission for the Soarin' tour, December 14. Nope, gone. December 7 gone, too.
So in other words, this was more of a raffle than an actual offer available to all DVC owners.
Agree! On hold 35 minutes and my dates gone! Nov 30 and May 10.

Per MS fully booked through February, only 20 seats per date.

:earsboy: Bill

Well, that was a waste of 45 minutes. Called exactly at 9, and still am on hold. Could have gone any date in December, January, or February.
If they gave estimated wait times like they used to, I wouldn't have bothered.

I can't even get through I tried calling a couple of times and it beeps right away

I called at 9:20 am. Got a busy signal until 9:28. Waited on hold for 22 minutes, only to find out that my date of Feb 22nd was full. I guess the number of slots was really small!
That was a waste of time too. I wish there was an easier way to sign up for events. To those that made it through, congrats!

Took over an hour of busy signals, then being put on eternal hold, to then only be told that there were no available slots for our date of Jan 11th, when we will be at WDW. Frustrated and disappointed. Why is this only being offered one day a week? Wouldn't you think that the demand would warrant them scheduling more tours?

This was a big mistake on their part. Having people call, wait on hold for a long period, only to be told there wouldn't get their date.
Instead, it should have been done as a raffle: submit your date, lucky people will be chosen at random.

I saw a post on another chat board that in 2 hours all available dates had been booked.
Nice idea, extremely poor execution.

Stuff like this is why I tend to say that "member events!" as a perk isn't much of a perk. Between the timing of announcing them, availability issues, etc., they simply can't be relied on as any kind of "value."
Not everyone gets movie preview invites when they are there, we did once and it was so enjoyable. I am one who did make it in for a tour in March, but still, I have never been able to attend a MK night event. My experience in getting to attend things is mixed, but I and my hubby are still happy they offer things like this.

I also thoroughly enjoy Member Cruises!

Not everyone gets movie preview invites when they are there, we did once and it was so enjoyable. I am one who did make it in for a tour in March, but still, I have never been able to attend a MK night event. My experience in getting to attend things is mixed, but I and my hubby are still happy they offer things like this.

I also thoroughly enjoy Member Cruises!
My point is more that to hold these up as reasons to buy a full contract direct (say, at BLT for $180pp instead of resale at $60pp savings) is, well, iffy. Most "members" get left out of these events due to logistics and announcement timing and capacity and similar!

Called right at 9 am and got through, only to be disconnected before someone answered. I didn't get back through again until 9:29, thus too late. Disappointed.

I called at 9:20 am. Got a busy signal until 9:28. Waited on hold for 22 minutes, only to find out that my date of Feb 22nd was full. I guess the number of slots was really small!
That was a waste of time too. I wish there was an easier way to sign up for events. To those that made it through, congrats!

Something is wrong here.
Looks like the above poster got to the hold stage at 9:28, and MS answered at 9:50. (22 minutes on hold)
Why then did my call where I got to the hold stage at 9:05 was not answered at all and I hung up at 10:05? (60 minutes on hold with an earlier start time.)
(Another poster on another thread got to the hold stage at 9:25, and MS answered at 9:55.

The only 2 possible explanations I can think of are:
1) They called the 407 number, and I called the 800 number, and the 407 number gets thru faster. (If true, something to remember in the future.)
2) The phone system queue does not answer calls in proper sequence.

I bought in 2003 and never heard of any such things. They were not touted as perks or benefits, but sadly, even I had heard of the free passes early on!

I often feel that these events are used more for making sales than providing members with a perk. On paper as a new prospective buyer, the list of membership extras looks very impressive.

:earsboy: Bill

Maybe since there is only 20 spots per tour that guest shouldn't have been allowed. Make it a member only tour.
I couldn't believe that it wasn't so I went to dvcmember to double-check. Sure enough, members and up to 3 guests per member. So that means that on a weekly tour of 20 people, you could have only 5 members and 15 guests. and it's fully booked through May. Doesn't make me happy at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter