• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Soarin' is done!

I've heard only two will be but I'm not for sure on that. I have heard though that the queue didn't change much despite the long down time.
I was looking at the blueprint from enfilm on flickr and I was shocked about that as well. To me I would've thought the third theater entrance would've went where the split point for the other two are and not in the exit. Maybe another missed opportunity along with a fourth theater and the randomizing technology used on star tours. I'll still have to wait and see how it's done and not from that picture

The current state of Soarin as of 2:20 pm on 3-26-16: Plywood walls still us, "summer 2016" sign still in place. CM said maybe it will open tomorrow, but they're still working in there.

We have FP for 5:30 tomorrow, and rearranged our plans for the trip to make that happen. "Maybe" does not inspire confidence.

I was looking at the blueprint from enfilm on flickr and I was shocked about that as well. To me I would've thought the third theater entrance would've went where the split point for the other two are and not in the exit. Maybe another missed opportunity along with a fourth theater and the randomizing technology used on star tours. I'll still have to wait and see how it's done and not from that picture

Looking at that blueprint, having the split there would make it easier to eventually have two separate "gates" at Soarin. Gate 1 would be a flight around the world, Gate 2 would be a flight to California.

Right now, FP+ feeds straight forward into the new theater. It seems to avoid any merge with standby traffic.

The theater smells new--like paint and construction. Somehow, that made the soarin' smells each very distinct. It was fascinating to have the experience of a theater without existing, "Soarin' smell," since it did change the ride experience.

The digital projection was grainy in parts. Hopefully, that changes in the new movie.

So rode soarin yesterday-- The new theatre is straight ahead (concourse c) at the point where you turn left or right for A or B--- we were in B-- it seemed all three were running. definitely c (the new one) was running. All the smells were much more noticeable, and the picture was so much clearer that I was able to notice things in the video that I haven't noticed before. (small details) The video during the LA scene was still very shaky though. Can't wait for the new show...

Soarin keeps breaking day 2.

Divide by 3 for wait times when all 3 work. This is 1 theater in use.

20160528_160238.jpg

Edit: been in fastpass for 20 mins, nowhere near close to riding yet. Were moving about 1 foot a minute in line......

Last edited:
Only theater c in use. 1 hour including riding it for fastpass. B broke, a is not being used until next june 17.

Missed my opportunity to ride yesterday since Soarin' was down from before my FP+ window until after I had to leave to meet the DME bus to the airport. I'm glad we got to ride with no issues on Friday evening. While it is reasonable for people to be unhappy about it, I'm keeping in mind that as of a few weeks ago, none of us would have had the opportunity to ride during these days prior to June 17. The ride being open is an opportunity to work out these issues before the new film launches next month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter