Soarin' is done!

Askimos

Earning My Ears
... But they can't open it until Shanghai Disney opens...

During a recent trip, I was told by a CM in Epcot that their work is done, the new film is in, and they are waiting for Shanghai to debut before they open the ride again. Anyone else hear this?

The Shanghai project has REAAALLY been sucking the love and magic (and money) out of trips made to WDW; after talking with relatives, who have also recently gone, they just can't imagine going back until there is positive change. Service is no longer "Disneyesque", and I feel with the budget cuts and ESPN loses, I will be having to donate a kidney to go back next time. With Soarin' being my favorite ride, I really was bummed to hear that it's done, I just couldn't ride it until I dished out my life savings for another trip.

... But they can't open it until Shanghai Disney opens...

During a recent trip, I was told by a CM in Epcot that their work is done, the new film is in, and they are waiting for Shanghai to debut before they open the ride again. Anyone else hear this?

The Shanghai project has REAAALLY been sucking the love and magic (and money) out of trips made to WDW; after talking with relatives, who have also recently gone, they just can't imagine going back until there is positive change. Service is no longer "Disneyesque", and I feel with the budget cuts and ESPN loses, I will be having to donate a kidney to go back next time. With Soarin' being my favorite ride, I really was bummed to hear that it's done, I just couldn't ride it until I dished out my life savings for another trip.
Yes that is the case. However I've heard they will open the ride soon with the old film until they can debut the new film because of Shanghai.

I don't think it will be that soon. Maybe May.

The 4th?

:rolleyes1

The rumors thus-far seemed to be pretty clear that Disney were expecting to reopen around the start of June time though. I could see soft openings during the last week or so of May. It seems unlikely that, if they can launch now, they'd hold off until two weeks out from the new film, so:

a) the cast member is wrong, and Soarin is not yet show ready.
b) the cast member and the rumor mill is wrong, and they'll soft-open much earlier than we expected.
c) the cast member is correct, and Disney are going to be cheap and hold off on running costs for another month because they can.

Whether it's the new Soarin' or the old one, I would love for it to be open when we're there in early June! Of course, it would be better if it's the new version, but either way, I'll be crossing my fingers!

The 4th?

:rolleyes1

The rumors thus-far seemed to be pretty clear that Disney were expecting to reopen around the start of June time though. I could see soft openings during the last week or so of May. It seems unlikely that, if they can launch now, they'd hold off until two weeks out from the new film, so:

a) the cast member is wrong, and Soarin is not yet show ready.
b) the cast member and the rumor mill is wrong, and they'll soft-open much earlier than we expected.
c) the cast member is correct, and Disney are going to be cheap and hold off on running costs for another month because they can.
No the film can't open until June 17th at the earliest because of the Shanghai exclusivity agreement. The ride should open before that with the old film though, at least that's what I've heard from various sources.

No the film can't open until June 17th at the earliest because of the Shanghai exclusivity agreement. The ride should open before that with the old film though, at least that's what I've heard from various sources.

It'd be wonderful to get to see the "original" Soarin' one more time before the new film starts! Fingers crossed they reopen by end of May :worship:

so we're thinking the first day with the new film will be June 17th? thats the last day of our trip so it would be great if we could catch it before we go home!

Yeah I know that. The issue is opening with the old film. It makes no sense to reopen on June 1st, play the old film for two weeks, then switch to the new reel on the 17th if they can go live today.

That's a pointless exercise. Either open early and win a few "Disney came in ahead of schedule shocker" points, or just leave the doors closed and the CMs stuck on a few more 32 hour weeks until the 17th.

QUOTE="adam.adbe, post: 55579784, member: 560825"]Yeah I know that. The issue is opening with the old film. It makes no sense to reopen on June 1st, play the old film for two weeks, then switch to the new reel on the 17th if they can go live today.

That's a pointless exercise. Either open early and win a few "Disney came in ahead of schedule shocker" points, or just leave the doors closed and the CMs stuck on a few more 32 hour weeks until the 17th.[/QUOTE]

Then you probably don't have a trip planned for early June because if you did I'll bet you'd be happy to see it at all. Especially, if you never have and had been looking forward to it for a long time like someone I know.:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter