so who has filed their taxes already?

I did TurboTax last night and I was shocked also at how fast it was accepted! :cool1: And that was after an initial rejection :headache: because, like I do every year, I put my married name instead of my maiden name-I kept it with SS and they check for a match, so I have to remember to use it on my taxes. TurboTax let me correct it and I refiled and got accepted quickly!

Dh and I prefer paper checks so we will be getting it in the mail. I'll check in a couple days to see when it is expected.

I print and mail my state one.

I did spend a couple hours on the taxes, but it wasn't hard and I ordered pizza and salad for us for dinner so I didn't have to stop to cook :thumbsup2 I made a nice file with all the paperwork too-we are heading to Disney in a few weeks and I wanted to get it done before we left so I wouldn't have to think about it! :cool1:

still waiting for my DH's W2. It won't be online until Feb 1st and we haven't gotten the physical paper yet. My taxes are all filled out and ready to go, I just need to put in those numbers and we are done.

We haven't done ours yet because I just got my W-2's today. (annoyed...)

We'll do ours over the next couple of weekends... wheeeeeeeeeee.....

We filed on 1/23, accepted the next day. IRS site said 2/1 deposit then it changed to 2/7 and now went back to 2/1, so we'll see!

I was all ready to file my taxes until I realized I had to wait to see if we get a 1099 because my husband received stock (or something) from his grandmother. Grrrr. so ready to hit submit.... to put some money away for disney and bills!!!!!!! Ahhh:headache:

I thought that I would see if the WMR site updated today. Looks like they're having some problems. They have a message that says "We're having some technical difficulties right now but expect to have this resolved soon. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Got his W2 today. Everything is filed and has been accepted.

Filed and accepted on 1/25 before the 11am cutoff time. The Where's My Refund page has said we can expect our return to be deposited on the 31st (tomorrow - woohoo!) and it's said that ever since we filed. Hopefully it's accurate. I figure it will post to our account within a day or two as our credit union is usually pretty quick about these things.

I thought that I would see if the WMR site updated today. Looks like they're having some problems. They have a message that says "We're having some technical difficulties right now but expect to have this resolved soon. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I've had that error all day. Annoying. lol:laughing:

Mine is still showing the 7th. It was accepted on the 18th. I am keeping my fingers crossed, but I am really worrying about it. I am a worrier ;)
Is there a certain time of day it shows up in bank account? And do they always show when it will be DD on the WMR site, or does it just show up in accnt?

I've had that error all day. Annoying. lol:laughing:

I had that error on the first page, but underneath the error is another link to where's my refund. When I click on that, I am able to get my refund status.

I submitted on 1/26, it was accepted at 10pm that evening. I checked the WMR at 72 hours (pretty much to the minute, haha) and it's telling me nothing.

By poking around I've seen they update their information on Wednesdays (who knows true or old wives tale?)

I guess I could take a patience pill and see what happens on Wednesday or alternative is to stalk the IRS.gov site.

We used TurboTax and filed tonight. This is the first year we haven't owed anything-- not sure what changed, but we're getting a whopping $64 back from the Feds, which just about covers the Turbo Tax fees to file. (We're getting more back from State, but we always do.)

Mine is still showing the 7th. It was accepted on the 18th. I am keeping my fingers crossed, but I am really worrying about it. I am a worrier ;)
Is there a certain time of day it shows up in bank account? And do they always show when it will be DD on the WMR site, or does it just show up in accnt?

The IRS has always done direct deposits to show up in your account on Fridays. This year, they're saying your DD is scheduled to be "sent" on _____ and the dates are all Wednesdays. My take on it is that they start transmitting the bank wires on Wednesdays and it arrives in your account on Friday morning. (That's how my job does it, too. Payroll is done on Tuesday and given to ADP. They take the info and make the transmission on Wednesdays. We get our DD or paper checks on Friday).

If you're getting a paper check, they mail those on Friday and you get it by Tuesday.

Filed and accepted on 1/25 before the 11am cutoff time. The Where's My Refund page has said we can expect our return to be deposited on the 31st (tomorrow - woohoo!) and it's said that ever since we filed. Hopefully it's accurate. I figure it will post to our account within a day or two as our credit union is usually pretty quick about these things.

Update - Fed return deposited and posted this morning. :cool1:

Update - Fed return deposited and posted this morning. :cool1:

WMR still isn't giving me a deposit date. Just this message.

We have received your tax return and it is being processed. Unless there is a processing delay or you owe other taxes, you should receive your refund by February 7, 2012

I'm thinking that means that our deposit will be made next week sometime.:confused3

WMR still isn't giving me a deposit date. Just this message.

We have received your tax return and it is being processed. Unless there is a processing delay or you owe other taxes, you should receive your refund by February 7, 2012

I'm thinking that means that our deposit will be made next week sometime.:confused3

Mine says the same thing...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter