so who has filed their taxes already?

Filed mine just before the end of January. State refund already in the account. Now on the federal? I filed but I'll mail the check on April 15th and not a day earlier!!!

Wow-I think things are really mesed up this year-I prepared my DD17 in early Jan. simple form etc she works part time-IRS couldn't accept electronic returns until the 17th so it sat there waiting thru h and r block until then, Filed DS 21 soon after that again simple return works part time but is in college full tie, ha nd r block said I had to wait until the 17th for a form for college to become available, I did and went back in and e-filed. bothe these were accepted on the 17th. MyDD was projected to get refund the 25th, and DS was the 1st. then the where's my refund page went down, when it came back up DD was projected to get hers 2-1, which she did, DS was changed to 2-8 which is today, checked o it last night and this morning and now it says they have received his return and should receive refund in 6 weeks from filing date WTH-the kinker to this is, I e-filed DS 24 on 1-24-12, again pretty simple , works full time, lives at home, but does have student loan interest to deduct, nothing else, his refund was i his account on 2-1-12. I feel bad for DS 21, cause he could really use it, just don't know why is being held up. I just efiled mine on Monday so we will see what happens with that. I am sure if we owed the IRS and we projected when we were going to pay them and then changed it they wouldn't like it.

My mom was scheduled to get her refund DD today but did not. WMR says there is no information, code 9001. I guess we will wait until next week and see.

My DD finally came through today. :) I filed and it was accepted Jan 24. The State of IL return was also filed the same day. I'm not expecting that anytime soon. The message was something along the lines of "The State of IL will begin processing refunds sometime in Feb".

Wow-I think things are really mesed up this year-I prepared my DD17 in early Jan. simple form etc she works part time-IRS couldn't accept electronic returns until the 17th so it sat there waiting thru h and r block until then, Filed DS 21 soon after that again simple return works part time but is in college full tie, ha nd r block said I had to wait until the 17th for a form for college to become available, I did and went back in and e-filed. bothe these were accepted on the 17th. MyDD was projected to get refund the 25th, and DS was the 1st. then the where's my refund page went down, when it came back up DD was projected to get hers 2-1, which she did, DS was changed to 2-8 which is today, checked o it last night and this morning and now it says they have received his return and should receive refund in 6 weeks from filing date WTH-the kinker to this is, I e-filed DS 24 on 1-24-12, again pretty simple , works full time, lives at home, but does have student loan interest to deduct, nothing else, his refund was i his account on 2-1-12. I feel bad for DS 21, cause he could really use it, just don't know why is being held up. I just efiled mine on Monday so we will see what happens with that. I am sure if we owed the IRS and we projected when we were going to pay them and then changed it they wouldn't like it.

Just checked with DS 21 and he did get the DD today-so it is in his account whew

Little update:

My WMR status updated this morning "Your tax refund is scheduled to be direct deposited on February 13, 2012. If your refund is not credited to your account by February 18, 2012, check with your bank to find out if it has been received. Please wait until February 18, 2012 before you contact us again because we are unable to take any action until then."

It was saying 2/21....I filed and my return was accepted 2/1.

We filed last Wednesday! We got a text message last Thursday saying it had been accepted, so now we're just waiting for it to be deposited in our bank account.

I filed DD and my DSIL on Feb 4th via Tax Act.com Both of them were accepted within minutes.WMR shows a direct deposit date for today for my DSIL.

For my DD, Tax Act shows

Federal Return Acceptance Information:
This federal electronic return has been successfully filed. It was accepted by the Internal Revenue Service(IRS) on 2/4/2012.

but WMR still shows the message that it hasn't been received or that something was entered incorrectly in the WMR site.

Anyone else that filed around Feb 4th also getting that message?

For my DD, Tax Act shows

Federal Return Acceptance Information:
This federal electronic return has been successfully filed. It was accepted by the Internal Revenue Service(IRS) on 2/4/2012.

but WMR still shows the message that it hasn't been received or that something was entered incorrectly in the WMR site.

Anyone else that filed around Feb 4th also getting that message?

The IRS website states....
"Update: We are aware that some taxpayers who have filed electronically and received an acknowledgement from the IRS are concerned when they visit "Where's My Refund" and are told that we have no information regarding their return. This is a temporary situation, and we expect to resolve the matter in a few days. At that time, taxpayers will be able to get an expected refund date when they visit "Where's My Refund."

If a taxpayer received an acknowledgment message that their e-filed tax return has been received, they can be assured that the IRS has the tax return even though "Where's My Refund" does not reflect that. Taxpayers should not call the IRS unless specifically directed by "Where's My Refund," as there is no new information to give them.

We expect the vast majority of tax refunds to continue to be issued within the historical range of 10 to 21 days. The IRS is taking steps to update information so that Where's My Refund has current information. The IRS apologizes for any inconvenience and will provide updated information as soon as possible."

I filed around the same time and get the same message your DD does. It's annoying but since the IRS is aware of it I am not worried.

The IRS website states....
"Update: We are aware that some taxpayers who have filed electronically and received an acknowledgement from the IRS are concerned when they visit "Where's My Refund" and are told that we have no information regarding their return. This is a temporary situation, and we expect to resolve the matter in a few days. At that time, taxpayers will be able to get an expected refund date when they visit "Where's My Refund."

If a taxpayer received an acknowledgment message that their e-filed tax return has been received, they can be assured that the IRS has the tax return even though "Where's My Refund" does not reflect that. Taxpayers should not call the IRS unless specifically directed by "Where's My Refund," as there is no new information to give them.

We expect the vast majority of tax refunds to continue to be issued within the historical range of 10 to 21 days. The IRS is taking steps to update information so that Where's My Refund has current information. The IRS apologizes for any inconvenience and will provide updated information as soon as possible."

I filed around the same time and get the same message your DD does. It's annoying but since the IRS is aware of it I am not worried.

I got that above message for over a week, yesterday it said I should expect my refund to be DD by 2-28; I filed the 6th of Feb and according to the IRS chart it should have been DD by the 2-15,kind of made me mad since I had busted my hiney to get my taxes filed. Checked this morning Nnow it says should be DD by the 17th that is a whole lot better.

Well apparently I should start a new thread - "who THOUGHT they already files their taxes". :headache::headache:

Went to our accountant on 2/4 - eletronically filed that day.
Kept checking the IRS website - and no sign of our return.:surfweb:
Wasn't super concerned because so many people were getting the same message.
End of last week I had DH call our accountant because I had a "feeling"..and it wasn't a good one.
We were supposed to get our refund today - 2 calls and 3 days later our accountant finally called us back last night.
Apparently he LOST OUR TAX RETURN!!! :furious::furious::furious: "Whoops!" he says! :eek: - "Good thing you were checking on it!" :eek:

BUT "We were lucky because he had a copy!" LUCKY?! So he "refiled" yesterday. Gee thanks.

And he had no problem *not-losing* our check - that was cashed bright and early the following Monday morning.

NY is taking forever with the returns. My friend filed 1/15 and just got hers. I filed 1/30 and still no sign of mine either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter