so who has filed their taxes already?

I am so mad. I did all our business taxes early for college financial aid when I usually don't finish them until April 14th, so I could have filed soon.

Then I found out that A**y Bank screwed up by not posting my interest and will have to eventually send me a corrected 1099. I absolutely refuse to amend a tax return so I have to wait probably until the end of February to file.

Ours went in Thursday night. We use H&R Bilock online so all our info is there, just have to enter in W2 and interest (don't pay enough mortgage interest to itemize so it's super easy). Getting a federal refund, owe state $30 -- which I will pay on the last possible day since the state government irritates me to no end, and completed and sent in my son's FAFSA since he's a senior and we're trying to make a college decision. Need to know what he'll be offered for financial aid before we can do that.

Finally got my W-2 yesterday and filed, so I should get my refund 2/1 as well. Mine is going towards Disney as usual.

For those waiting on end of year bank statements, you may be able to see them online. My 1099 and 1098 were there and I was able to view my student loan interest on that website as well.

filed on the 18th Federal and State already accepted, federal says I will get the refund on the 31st, state is a different story... Georgia has always been a little sketchy on their refunds.

filed on the 18th Federal and State already accepted, federal says I will get the refund on the 31st, state is a different story... Georgia has always been a little sketchy on their refunds.

If you directed deposited you should have it the 25th:) 31 is the very latest

I know what our return will be, but I'm still waiting on DH's W2. . .same as every year, I'm ready in January, but always wind up filing at the beginning of February!

I'll put a new roof on the house with part of the money and sock the rest away into savings.

I am waiting until DH gets back tuesday. I don't have his password and he has no cellphone service as soon as he gets back I will get then done.

Waiting.... We still have a couple of forms we need. I know we will be paying, but at least this year I sorta know the ballpark. Probably will file on DS No. 1's birthday.

I'm still waiting on PSU for them to put the hope/lifetime learning credits on line Feb 1... so hopefully soon...

I filed my taxes online on Feb 17th (in the early am)... they weren't accepted until the 19th. According to the email I received, I should get my refund on Feb 1st.... however, when I go to the IRS site for where is my refund, it says that I won't get it until Feb 8th!!!

Would love to get them done and out of the way early but we do not receive everything until the end of the month.

I filed my taxes online on Feb 17th (in the early am)... they weren't accepted until the 19th. According to the email I received, I should get my refund on Feb 1st.... however, when I go to the IRS site for where is my refund, it says that I won't get it until Feb 8th!!!

me too. except that i did mine even before the 17th (turbo tax) and it was automatically sent the 17th. i was really expecting my refund the 25th :confused:
that extra week i have to wait really is making a HUGE difference this year too. you have no idea just how bad i need it right now :headache:

me too. except that i did mine even before the 17th (turbo tax) and it was automatically sent the 17th. i was really expecting my refund the 25th :confused:
that extra week i have to wait really is making a HUGE difference this year too. you have no idea just how bad i need it right now :headache:

Mine did the same thing. It probably will be there the 25th! I have used turbo tax for 4 years and always filling before they Irs accepted; I have always gotten our in the first round of refunds! Every time I check mine is says a different day now! As long as it was accepted by the Irs schedule cutoff you should be good to go!

So much for getting it on the 25th :headache::headache::headache:

Refund Status Results

Your expected refund date has been changed due to processing delays. You should receive your refund by February 7, 2012.

Please wait until that date to contact us again because we cannot take any action until then. Thank you for your patience.

From what I read, your return had to be accepted by the IRS by 2pm on 1/18 to have the 1/25 direct deposit. After that, but before 1/25 would be 2/1.

Mine did the same thing. It probably will be there the 25th! I have used turbo tax for 4 years and always filling before they Irs accepted; I have always gotten our in the first round of refunds! Every time I check mine is says a different day now! As long as it was accepted by the Irs schedule cutoff you should be good to go!

i hope you're right!!! :goodvibes
the only reason i'm worried that there could be a true delay is that i owe money form a mistake a couple years ago. the irs set up a payment arrangement for me to pay it in full by may, knowing that my refund would be sooner, and it would just come out of that. i talked to an irs rep who said that it "shouldn't" cause a delay, but can't guarantee that it won't :confused3
guess i just have to cross my fingers and wait!!!

I filed mine already..TAXACT.com is telling me I will be paid by january 25th..the free IRS2GO ap on my iphone says by January 31st..so hopefully that means the 25th is still an option. I have to pay our Disney trip off by feb 10th. Please oh please let it come by the 25th, I just want to all said and done so we can plan the rest of our trip..

ours are essentially done, so i have a good idea what we're getting back on federal and what we owe on state, but we're just waiting for 2 more documents to finalize. haven't received my w2 from my old employer, but i was able to fill out the fields based on my last pay summary. still need the 1098 for our mortgage interest, but i was able to estimate based on the interest paid in our last bill. i called and both said they won't be available until Jan 31, so I just have to wait to finish until then. we are set to close on our refinance the middle of Feb, and i was hoping we'd receive our refund by then to pay our closing costs but doubt it now. we have the money, but mentally, i wish we could pay it with the "found" money of our return than from the savings account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter