So What's Coming to the New Pleasure Island?

All of them? or just some of them?
I'm still mildly hopeful AC will be brought back in some form. I expect the dance clubs to remain closed though.

Well over on another website one person posted that AC and Motion were being permanently closed and another person posted that AC and Soundstage buildings were coming down. No mention of any of the other clubs. But with many exciting new restaurant concepts supposedly coming, those places have to fit somewhere.

Oh my... Did I miss something? MG
I guess so. AC will be a restaurant in a new section of HKDL.

BobK/Orlando

Well over on another website one person posted that AC and Motion were being permanently closed and another person posted that AC and Soundstage buildings were coming down. No mention of any of the other clubs. But with many exciting new restaurant concepts supposedly coming, those places have to fit somewhere.

BobK/Orlando

What website was that?

Nevermind. I know now.

Latest scuttlebutt has the contents of the AdvClub going to Hong Kong in October (there will be a restaurant named "The Adventurers Club" there, but from the concept art, it looks like at least the masks from the Mask Room will show up in some variation on the Haunter Mansion), and Motion being torn down to make a continuous pathway through DTD.

maybe following the massive success of the Diana exhibition, they're planning on turing the other clubs into Elvis and Michael Jackson exhibitions? :rolleyes1

Latest scuttlebutt has....Motion being torn down to make a continuous pathway through DTD.

I'm skeptical about this one. Although certainly anything can happen at this point, this makes little sense to me because supposedly Motion is the only building 1) that does not have a roof leak, 2) still has a kitchen from back in the days when Fireworks Factory was there & 3) the only space still easily usable as meeting space. So they want to add new restaurants and this would be the easiest to accomplish it yet they'd tear it down for a pathway?

BobK/Orlando

Interesting article. Wonder if he has taken any flack over the bus and monorail accidents this past week?

Interesting article. Wonder if he has taken any flack over the bus and monorail accidents this past week?

there certainly seems to be more than a coincidence there that he has gained a significant reputation for reduction of service/cost cutting and soon after he gets put in charge of transportation there are two significant accidents.

In my mind, this guy should not be working at disney. You couldnt get someone more lacking disney spirit if you tried.

maybe I'm wrong, but thats how it seems to an outsider like me.

Lansberry was the person who announced the closure of all the clubs on Pleasure Island and has certainly taken the wrath. There are some who report that the decision all belonged to Jay Rasulo and that Lansberry was only the mouthpiece and scapegoat. We don't really know.

But in defense it would be difficult to blame him for transportation crashes, based on what I know. Transportation and WWS were just given to him a couple months ago. It's doubtful he made significant changes in such a short time. People who work there would have to address that issue though; mine is just an outside opinion.

BobK/Orlando

I think this was the original thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2217994

But I still haven't seen anything that a single object from the AC at WDW is going anywhere...
Thanx for the link..
I take this as a positive sign for the AC. Obviously Disney thinks the AC is popular enough to keep in some form, and it sounds like Hong Kong may be a sounding board for the dinner show idea.

MG

I take this as a positive sign for the AC. Obviously Disney thinks the AC is popular enough to keep in some form, and it sounds like Hong Kong may be a sounding board for the dinner show idea.

That's how I originally read it too. But the latest information from a usually reliable source over in the forums of the wdwmagic website is that AC at PI building is not reopening and the building is coming down along with the Soundstage building.

BobK/Orlando

I'm skeptical about this one. Although certainly anything can happen at this point, this makes little sense to me because supposedly Motion is the only building 1) that does not have a roof leak, 2) still has a kitchen from back in the days when Fireworks Factory was there & 3) the only space still easily usable as meeting space. So they want to add new restaurants and this would be the easiest to accomplish it yet they'd tear it down for a pathway?

BobK/Orlando

No argument, King Bob--my first words when I heard this were, "you mean not the building that's been condemned?". My source was adamant, tho. It makes zero sense. Which may be the only reason I believe it, we are talking DTD here.

Re: AC artifacts. There was a press release about the new Hong Kong restaurant, and it included concept art that seemed to include the Mask Room masks. I've since heard through the CM grapevine (from a source in a position to know, not a bus driver) that in fact Hong Kong will use the actual AC artifacts--half of which belong to Joe Rohde anyway, who I believe is now in charge of designing that park.

That's how I originally read it too. But the latest information from a usually reliable source over in the forums of the wdwmagic website is that AC at PI is not reopening and the building is coming down along with the Soundstage building.

BobK/Orlando

Realistically, the AC has such an odd design...the open Salon, two side rooms not really big enough for restaurant seating, secret tunnels...that you couldn't easily use it for anything other than an interactive comedy club. Plus it's not set up to allow waterfront dining. If the Club goes, no reason for that building to stay up.

That's how I originally read it too. But the latest information from a usually reliable source over in the forums of the wdwmagic website is that AC at PI building is not reopening and the building is coming down along with the Soundstage building.

BobK/Orlando

Realistically, the AC has such an odd design...the open Salon, two side rooms not really big enough for restaurant seating, secret tunnels...that you couldn't easily use it for anything other than an interactive comedy club. Plus it's not set up to allow waterfront dining. If the Club goes, no reason for that building to stay up.
I think both of these statements are consistent with the club re-opening as a dinner show.
I think a new building would be needed, as I don't really see how the current building could be used for a dinner show. In addition, according to another source, the building is in need of a fairly extensive refurb anyway.

That said, I would much rather see the club re-open as it was...

MG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter