So What's Coming to the New Pleasure Island?

Well, we are making a day trip tomorrow. Anxious to see what they done, and check out the new eatery.

My Orlando peeps have been very quiet on the future of P-I -- not a peep from the peeps as it were.. :)
There are plenty of rumors swirling that sure is true - but nobody I know thinks any of them have any more credence than the others..
It's a crapshoot at this point in time really..
Knox

Of course Disney can let everything just sit there unused; it's their buildings. But I just don't understand not putting them to use to earn revenue.

BobK/Orlando

well I'm gonna make a trip to DTD to see what ridiculousness they have going on down there. Will report back later

nothing new, unfortunately. The on and off rain kept celebration plaza from going full force. When I popped on the island they were doing a game of simon sez over by their little props house.

I talked with a couple bartenders for a while. They were getting pretty consistent business and they said it's usually busier, but the rain was hurting things. No new rumors or anything unfortunately.

Will look forward to hearing what's going on down there! I haven't been in over a month.

BobK/Orlando
Bob, I find it odd that you live in Orlando and have not been to Disney in over a month. What kind of ticket do you have? Florida residents seasonal? How far are you from the WDW property? Just curious.

Bob, I find it odd that you live in Orlando and have not been to Disney in over a month. What kind of ticket do you have? Florida residents seasonal? How far are you from the WDW property? Just curious.

Yeah, my weekend nights have been spent at Universal CityWalk or downtown Orlando! As for distance, close enough that I can hear the Wishes fireworks show off in the distance.....and could see them too if some other homes didn't block the view!

BobK/Orlando

LOL I work there so I don't go very often. Quite frankly, when you live here, Disney is an attraction that you visit when you have time. It's not a 24/7 vacation, there is laundry to do, bills to pay, cleaning to be done, and lots of other things to do in Orlando besides Disney. I think most locals only go occasionally.

So, come the end of Sept. when nothing has happened on PI, isn't it about time to just say "Well, Disney is going to do nothing with the Island except rent space out like they did to Paradiso 37"? Call it a bygone attraction and move on?

So, come the end of Sept. when nothing has happened on PI, isn't it about time to just say "Well, Disney is going to do nothing with the Island except rent space out like they did to Paradiso 37"? Call it a bygone attraction and move on?

Probably, but other than Paradiso 37, NOTHING has happened on Pleasure Island. They've not rented ANYTHING out as of yet. Paradiso 37 could have happened without everything being closed down because it went into space that was empty anyway. Does the one year anniversary of the closure and employee layoffs have any significance which allows them to finally do something with those old clubs? Don't know.

BobK/Orlando

Probably, but other than Paradiso 37, NOTHING has happened on Pleasure Island. They've not rented ANYTHING out as of yet. Paradiso 37 could have happened without everything being closed down because it went into space that was empty anyway. Does the one year anniversary of the closure and employee layoffs have any significance which allows them to finally do something with those old clubs? Don't know.

BobK/Orlando

I think the only plan they have is to wait for the economy to get better and they'll rent those spaces out. Point is, just call it a ghost town and forget about it in the same way River Country is forgotten!!

I think the only plan they have is to wait for the economy to get better and they'll rent those spaces out. Point is, just call it a ghost town and forget about it in the same way River Country is forgotten!!

its a bit hard to forget about it when they're expecting people to walk through it to get to the west side!

its a bit hard to forget about it when they're expecting people to walk through it to get to the west side!

Hey now.. Without all of the "gangs" and "creep teenagers" it is now safe to walk across an abandoned area. Never mind people going to the movie theater are shooting themselves in the foot with concealed guns. :confused3

I shop in the afternoon. We went to Pleasure Island & West End at least one night a trip to go to dinner and the Adventurer's Club. The restaurants are not good enough to just go for them & then have to go somewhere else for the evening. We'll eat at a resort or EPCOT & go to JellyRolls. That's what we've done for last 2 trips & plan to do for the next 2 trips at least.

I'm hearing strong sources indicate a press release is coming very very soon, perhaps this next week, which would stick with what I was told before that there would be one in July.

In short, what I'm hearing thus far does not bode well for our clubs

I think this proves the point I made several months ago that because there were absolutely no leaks about what was rumored to be coming to PI, there actually was nothing planned. Now that something is definitely planned, the rumors are flowing.

BobK/Orlando

I think this proves the point I made several months ago that because there were absolutely no leaks about what was rumored to be coming to PI, there actually was nothing planned. Now that something is definitely planned, the rumors are flowing.

BobK/Orlando
There was a leak about the AC coming back in some form... A very unique leak. I wish I could explain, but unfortunately I can't.

It also should be stated that no matter what they decide to do, nothing is definite until it actually happens. Therefore, a leak may be 100% true at the time, but it may never end up happening. Even things Disney has formally announced have been scrapped.

MG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter