So What's Coming to the New Pleasure Island?

Nightlife lives on at Boardwalk now they should run buses to each resort so we can use the nightlife like Jellyrolls and Dance hall

name how many times you have ever seen Atlantic Dance promoted and you have your answer.

They do not WANT large numbers of guests coming to the Boardwalk. Security has to hush people as it is. If people actually knew about it, they might come in large numbers and Disney doesn't want that. They get money from ADH whether its busy or not, so they do not care

Every few weeks I stop by this thread to see what's new.... and after all these months there's nothing new.

I tell you. If Disney announced tomorrow (without any of us ever having experienced PI) exactly the same thing they announced at the opening of PI way back when, we would all be blown away. We'd all think Disney Imagineering was awesome.

Instead we all just shake our head in amazement at how dead that area has become.

Nightlife lives on at Boardwalk now they should run buses to each resort so we can use the nightlife like Jellyrolls and Dance hall

thats worse than having it at DTD. atleast DTD was an actually place to go while Boardwalk is at a resort and people go there to relax and enjoy their stay.

Shortly after PI closed, I spoke with someone in Business Development who said that they were talking to third parties to fill the space and that a Ruth Chris Steakhouse was close to being or was a done deal. Not sure if it is still planned or not, but it would suggest that Disney does/did not want PI sitting empty for this long.

A Ruth's Chris steakhouse would certainly be in keeping with making PI more family friendly! NOT! It's nothing more than an extremely overpriced restaurant with mediocre food at best. The only reason people ever go there is because of the name, certainly not because of the value or the food.

Not saying Disney is not trying to get them to open a restaurant in the old PI, just saying that the reason initially given was totally BS! The only reason it was ever closed was to try to generate more profit for Disney (and less risk) by outsourcing various operations there.

Ruth's Chris seems a little like a rumor to me, only because Orlando alredy has two, one being only about 3 miles from DTD.

Paradiso 37 "opens" Thursday, not sure if this means soft openings begain then or if that is official opening day with soft openings earlier this week.

Rumor has it next construction project is to tear down the old Beach Club.

I'm told that DTD and in particular PI and Westside had huge partying crowds Saturday night following the Orlando Magic victory!

BobK/Orlando

Paradiso 37 "opens" Thursday, not sure if this means soft openings begain then or if that is official opening day with soft openings earlier this week.

Rumor has it next construction project is to tear down the old Beach Club.

I will stop down there for lunch and report back if it has a soft opening yet. I wonder if there will be any tourists with "dopey decision" shirts on

The club formerly known as Motion will be open this coming Saturday night for a private rental. Tickets are being sold though to the general public to see techno DJ Manny Lehman. The tickets are $40 + ticket fees. Not cheap!

BobK/Orlando

I was granted permission to enter Motion for free last night so that I could obtain photos for my Save PI blog. It was such a great feeling to be in a PI dance club again. And I was reminded what a great sound and lighting system Motion has that surpasses other clubs in Orlando including Atlantic Dance and The Groove! Photos at: www.savepleasureisland.blogspot.com

Sources on the island say there might be an official announcement about Pleasure Island sometime during July.

Paradiso 37 has opened and what a beautiful restaurant and bar it is. It was close to full when I visited last night. The PI water taxi stop next to Paradiso is also open again.

BobK/Orlando

I have to say that Gay Days just wasn't the same without Pleasure Island. :sad1:

We REALLY missed going to the Adventurers Club for the four nights of this weekend.

Such a waste.

I was granted permission to enter Motion for free last night...

There was a plane flying around WDW advertising someone being at Motion - I think it said June 7th (yesterday), so I'm guessing there was some sort of "open" private party.

The club formerly known as Motion will be open this coming Saturday night for a private rental. Tickets are being sold though to the general public to see techno DJ Manny Lehman. The tickets are $40 + ticket fees. Not cheap!

BobK/Orlando

Oops...missed this post...maybe it was the 6th on the banner...the weekend is a blur now :)

$40 doesn't seem bad compared to what the costs of the AC were...

$40 doesn't seem bad compared to what the costs of the AC were...

Many of this weekend's other activities also cost that much. I hear a pretty decent-sized crowd showed-up so hopefully it was a financial success for the organization that rented the club. It was a "private" rental but tickets were sold to the public both in advance and at the door.

BobK/Orlando

I tried out Paradiso 37 tonight. Prices are moderate; by no means cheap but not expensive either. Lot of customers there; the outdoor seating had capacity remaining though. Many items on the menu; a lot of Mexican things. Not sure how "Bolivian" the Bolivian Beef Skewers are; many things are themed like that. But I give it a thumbs-up and you may want to give it a try during your Disney visit.

BobK/Orlando

I'm just going to bump this because another thread is forming about DTD that inevitably turns into a PI thread. Maybe some people who have no idea what's going on(PI into a theme park? please!) can come here for better information

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter