So cliche - Starting back on Jan 1

I have a confession to make... I skipped my workout of Friday. We went out to dinner to celebrate dd's great report card. By the time we got home, I wasn't feeling well. I did my workouts yesterday and today though. I'm hoping to double up sometime this week, so I can still start level 2 on the 11th.

On a brighter note, I was way under on my calorie intake today. I started the day with an indulgence (went to a movie with 2 girlfriends to see Les Mis) and had nachos and an icee, but then was so busy at home after that, I didn't snack or anything. And I got all my Christmas decorations put away, dd's closet purged and organized, all gifts put away, and 7 loads of laundry done!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I actually skipped yesterday too.. In my defense, it was scheduled c25k but it was raining and I didn't want to break up the middle of my day by going to the gym (it didn't open until 12:00 noon).

Soooo, I got my running in this morning and I'm proud to say that I actually ran for 2 miles! That's a HUGE deal for me! First time I've actually run that all the way without having to break it up with a walk. So I have a huge non-scale victory to start my day with!

How was everyone else's weekend?

Hops&dreams - How was Les Mis? I really want to go see it!

LittleMissMickey - I've opted to wait on Jillian at least until I get a new sports bra (jumping jacks HURT) or until I'm below 200lbs. Whichever comes first :hippie:

Desiree -- please send the Whoosh Fairy to me!!!

i'm doing pretty good...made it to the gym again this morning. i have 4 workouts planned and will be thrilled to get three in. I'm also weaning a step down on my steroid dose this week and it will slow me down....

and i bought a fitbit! my DD got one too and a couple of my friends have one so we are cheering each other one. i'm not really sure where to put my steps goal to be since i'm still recovery, so i'm trying 7,000 to start. i got over 6,000 today and i'm pooped! that was including my workout...a normal day for me without a workout was a pathetic number of steps! it was a little pricey...so i cashed in some best buy reward zone cert so i felt like it was more 'free' ...hehehe

but it's a new gadget to get me excited! i remember when my new gadget was a Palm PDA that i downloaded a free verson on WW journal on! i'm dating myself!! :teeth:

Just a really fast post tonight, because I'm tired and I need to go to bed... the flu is running rampant at my school, so I want to make sure I have all of my defenses up!

I'm two days in with Jillian! I actually made a little something to motivate me: I took 2 little decorative glasses, put 30 little rocks in one of them and as I complete a Jillian workout I move a stone over into the empty one. Hopefully it helps keep me accountable.

Congrats to Desiree on the two miler! I finally went and ran with the run club at my gym because I was motivated to keep up with YOU! Keep at it!

ohMom - I want to try a FitBit so badly! Let me know how you and your day compare to what you expected, please!

Jhenn - Another want -- I hope to go see Les Mis this weekend... I also want my house to be as clean as yours!

Thanks for giving me a place to report to; this place serves up some great inspiration stew! :stir: (I just really wanted to use that little guy... never used him before!)

Desiree -- please send the Whoosh Fairy to me!!!

i'm doing pretty good...made it to the gym again this morning. i have 4 workouts planned and will be thrilled to get three in. I'm also weaning a step down on my steroid dose this week and it will slow me down....

and i bought a fitbit! my DD got one too and a couple of my friends have one so we are cheering each other one. i'm not really sure where to put my steps goal to be since i'm still recovery, so i'm trying 7,000 to start. i got over 6,000 today and i'm pooped! that was including my workout...a normal day for me without a workout was a pathetic number of steps! it was a little pricey...so i cashed in some best buy reward zone cert so i felt like it was more 'free' ...hehehe

but it's a new gadget to get me excited! i remember when my new gadget was a Palm PDA that i downloaded a free verson on WW journal on! i'm dating myself!! :teeth:

Ohh oh I'd love to know how you like the fitbit! I'm very curious how accurate they are! Ahh Palm PDAs, I remember thinking at the time that those were the pinnacle of technology! Great job on those workouts!

Just a really fast post tonight, because I'm tired and I need to go to bed... the flu is running rampant at my school, so I want to make sure I have all of my defenses up!

I'm two days in with Jillian! I actually made a little something to motivate me: I took 2 little decorative glasses, put 30 little rocks in one of them and as I complete a Jillian workout I move a stone over into the empty one. Hopefully it helps keep me accountable.

Congrats to Desiree on the two miler! I finally went and ran with the run club at my gym because I was motivated to keep up with YOU! Keep at it!

ohMom - I want to try a FitBit so badly! Let me know how you and your day compare to what you expected, please!

Jhenn - Another want -- I hope to go see Les Mis this weekend... I also want my house to be as clean as yours!

Thanks for giving me a place to report to; this place serves up some great inspiration stew! :stir: (I just really wanted to use that little guy... never used him before!)

What a great idea about the glasses/rocks! Keep up the good work!

Hope you don't catch that nasty flu. My dd has been sick the last few days. I think her cough is FINALLY starting to loosen.

Thanks! I'm really proud of how I've done this week between exercise and food intake. Now if I can just keep this momentum going!

good morning buddies!

so far i really do like my fitbit, i bought the "one" which is a little more expensive. my mom has a fitbit and told me to get this specifc model and it does alot. It tracks steps, floors, calories burned, activity level, sleep and food which i link to MFP. honestly i don 't know how truly accurate it is, but it seems telling. does that make sense? i'm really glad i bought it. there is an app for phones too, i have iphone and it works great; my DD has android and says it doesn't work great at all. if you have specific things you want to know about it, ask away!

today is a rest day from workouts and i need it! now to just be careful about what i eat so i don't blow the day.

DH and I are booking a getaway to Vegas with my bestie and her DH, in 7 weeks and i really want to lose 15 lbs before we go!

good morning buddies!

so far i really do like my fitbit, i bought the "one" which is a little more expensive. my mom has a fitbit and told me to get this specifc model and it does alot. It tracks steps, floors, calories burned, activity level, sleep and food which i link to MFP. honestly i don 't know how truly accurate it is, but it seems telling. does that make sense? i'm really glad i bought it. there is an app for phones too, i have iphone and it works great; my DD has android and says it doesn't work great at all. if you have specific things you want to know about it, ask away!

today is a rest day from workouts and i need it! now to just be careful about what i eat so i don't blow the day.

DH and I are booking a getaway to Vegas with my bestie and her DH, in 7 weeks and i really want to lose 15 lbs before we go!

Do you have to specify what you are doing each time? (like walking up stairs, walking on dreadmill - no that wasn't a slip lol, elliptical, etc?)

Vegas sounds like a fantastisc getaway! You can do it!

Today has been good so far here. I went to the gym since it's Week 8, Day 2 of C25K and each time I run in the gym my gps doesn't work so Endomondo couldn't get an accurate reading. So, I just kinda winged it with what I put in MFP and copied Monday's run from there. And I think that's gonna be it for me on the exercise front today. I did go to the gym last night and the plan was to only do a quick 35 on the elliptical but I started watching the tv show Luther on my phone and the next thing I know, 55 minutes had passed! So with that extra, I think I'm going to go straight home from work, get in my jammies and finally watch Downton Abbey from Sunday off the dvr before hubby gets home! I may even have a glass of wine!

Oh! I'm also toying with the idea of signing up for an actual 5K. The original plan was to finish the program (next week!!!!!) and then work on improving both time and distance before signing up for a real one. But I'm an avid LSU fan and one of the local charities is sponsoring a 5K that will involve alot of ex-LSU players. Soooo any chance to be in the vacinity with some former baseball players sounds like a good excuse to me!

I need to be motivated. In 2010 i lost 80 pounds. In 2011 i maintained this loss, in 2012 i gained 25 pounds. So my goal for 2013 is to lose these pounds. I have started walking on my lunch and breaks and i have changed my eating habits. Not counting calories (even though i should) so im not sure if i am even making any headway.

I need to be motivated. In 2010 i lost 80 pounds. In 2011 i maintained this loss, in 2012 i gained 25 pounds. So my goal for 2013 is to lose these pounds. I have started walking on my lunch and breaks and i have changed my eating habits. Not counting calories (even though i should) so im not sure if i am even making any headway.

Small steps! You know that you can do it!

Do you have to specify what you are doing each time? (like walking up stairs, walking on dreadmill - no that wasn't a slip lol, elliptical, etc?)

it automatically tracks stairs and steps. I do enter my workouts in MFP and it syncs. I have not walked on the treadmill with it, but i'm fairly certain it would count those steps as it did so when i workout out on the elliptical. It did not add 'steps' for the day when i rode the exercise bike. make sense?

here is what the 'dashboard' looks like which is what it automatically tracks, rough looking as the icons didn't copy over:

Activity

484 steps taken today

7% of goal of 7,000

0 floors climbed today

0% of goal of 10

Only 1 floor to get to your first milestone

0.2 miles traveled today

4% of goal of 5.00

601 calories burned

25% of goal of 2,407

65 active score

6% of goal of 1,000

Desiree - oh, sign up for a race! Races are SO fun! I LOVE them because there are usually so many people to keep encouraging you. The volunteers are usually so cheerful, and the spectators really keep you psyched. Most of the time, I hate running, but then I do a race, and remember how fun it can be. I tend to get caught up in the excitement. I hope to someday do a RunDisney race. You'll find out quickly that there are good races and bad ones. A good race has a good course, an organized team that's running it, and great sponsors, which means good freebies! :-) While I don't run races only for the freebies, I do enjoy them. My favorite is Wine at the Line - (at a local winery in the early fall). Thy give you a shirt, hat or gloves, and a wine glass (filled at the finish line!) :-)

Oh Mom - That Fitbit sounds awesome - lightyears ahead of my pedometer. I'd be curious to see your activity on a normal day vs a day at WDW. I've always wondered how much more we actually walk at WDW. Last year, I wore my pedometer, and it tracked that we walked between 6-11 miles every day. (the 11 mile day was our Epcot day)

Goofy Figment - Welcome! Jump on in :-)

I totally needed this thread today - thank you all for being so inspiring! Confession time : my last workout was on Sunday!!! :worried: Work's been killer and I've been staying later, which is my normal time to sneak in my workout. I had company right after work on Tues. Last night, I didn't get home until after 8:20 after running errands for Girl Scouts after a late night at work. I'm totally a stellar mom - I didn't feed her dinner until after her normal bedtime. :headache: Tonight, we have our meeting.

But after reading all your hard work, you've made me realize I need to do it too! Next week, I will start waking up early to work out, so I can get it done and out of the way before work. Does this count as a new resolution? ;)

on a brighter note, I am keeping up with logging my food, and staying under calories. I've been resisting temptations to do the easy thing and eat fast food or order out. I've been cooking and bringing my lunches and snacks. At least I'm sticking with one part of my cliche resolution... but we're only 10 days in. I still have plenty of time to break that one too! :lmao:

it automatically tracks stairs and steps. I do enter my workouts in MFP and it syncs. I have not walked on the treadmill with it, but i'm fairly certain it would count those steps as it did so when i workout out on the elliptical. It did not add 'steps' for the day when i rode the exercise bike. make sense?

here is what the 'dashboard' looks like which is what it automatically tracks, rough looking as the icons didn't copy over:

Activity

484 steps taken today

7% of goal of 7,000

0 floors climbed today

0% of goal of 10

Only 1 floor to get to your first milestone

0.2 miles traveled today

4% of goal of 5.00

601 calories burned

25% of goal of 2,407

65 active score

6% of goal of 1,000

I love that it automatically tracks stuff and syncs! That's great!

Desiree - oh, sign up for a race! Races are SO fun! I LOVE them because there are usually so many people to keep encouraging you. The volunteers are usually so cheerful, and the spectators really keep you psyched. Most of the time, I hate running, but then I do a race, and remember how fun it can be. I tend to get caught up in the excitement. I hope to someday do a RunDisney race. You'll find out quickly that there are good races and bad ones. A good race has a good course, an organized team that's running it, and great sponsors, which means good freebies! :-) While I don't run races only for the freebies, I do enjoy them. My favorite is Wine at the Line - (at a local winery in the early fall). Thy give you a shirt, hat or gloves, and a wine glass (filled at the finish line!) :-)

I totally needed this thread today - thank you all for being so inspiring! Confession time : my last workout was on Sunday!!! :worried: Work's been killer and I've been staying later, which is my normal time to sneak in my workout. I had company right after work on Tues. Last night, I didn't get home until after 8:20 after running errands for Girl Scouts after a late night at work. I'm totally a stellar mom - I didn't feed her dinner until after her normal bedtime. :headache: Tonight, we have our meeting.

But after reading all your hard work, you've made me realize I need to do it too! Next week, I will start waking up early to work out, so I can get it done and out of the way before work. Does this count as a new resolution? ;)

on a brighter note, I am keeping up with logging my food, and staying under calories. I've been resisting temptations to do the easy thing and eat fast food or order out. I've been cooking and bringing my lunches and snacks. At least I'm sticking with one part of my cliche resolution... but we're only 10 days in. I still have plenty of time to break that one too! :lmao:

OH I can definitely get into a 5k that gives me free wine or beer at the end of it :)

I had an out of sorts day yesterday. I got my run in early and all my food planned out but then when I got home last night after picking up dd from her work and saw the kitchen, I just didn't want to even tackle it. Plus Dev wanted me to help her color her hair so I knew if I sat down that wouldn't get done either so we talked hubby into ordering chinese food last night. By some miracle I still came in below on calories but I felt like I overate. So the 3 pounds that I lost on Wednesdays weigh in seemed to show back up on the scale when I peeked at it this morning. :(

So back on plan today and now I still have to clean the kitchen and get to the gym tonight. Blah! But tonights menu is some talapia so at least that's a better choice than sesame chicken!

What motivation I had Wednesday has gone completely out the window yesterday. Ugh. Maybe it's the rain that we have been having. It's been pouring here since Wednesday. Yea, best laid plans, I totally bailed on going to the gym yesterday. :(

But... this is make or break time. Once I feel I start to waiver, I just need to push through this. I know how I am. It will be one excuse after the other so maybe if I write this plan down I will stick to it.

C25K run tonight after work and after I bring dd to her job. Gym in the morning and then I'm starting week 9 of C25K on Sunday. That is the last week and this will be the first time I've ever completed the whole thing (after 3 attempts in the last few years).

Sooo I WILL do this. If I make an excuse, someone please fly down to Louisiana and slap me.

Desiree- I've been looking to take a vacation- shall coming to slap you be my excuse? ;-). Especially if there's sesame chicken involved. Haha

I'm totally over on calories today, and I will be tomorrow as well. Ate out for dinner tonight, and dh and I have 4 hrs to kill while dd is at a birthday party tomorrow, which is a good 40 mins from our house. So dh and I will most likely go to a brewery or pub to kill the time and I will drink and eat way too many calories.

Monday is a new start!!!

Desiree- I've been looking to take a vacation- shall coming to slap you be my excuse? ;-). Especially if there's sesame chicken involved. Haha

I'm totally over on calories today, and I will be tomorrow as well. Ate out for dinner tonight, and dh and I have 4 hrs to kill while dd is at a birthday party tomorrow, which is a good 40 mins from our house. So dh and I will most likely go to a brewery or pub to kill the time and I will drink and eat way too many calories.

Monday is a new start!!!

Absolutely! But we have a lot more down here to eat that's good than sesame chicken! Of course, most of that is probably why I'm the size that I am. (Curse you bread pudding, fried catfish, and crawfish etoufee!)

Ouch maybe you can get some exercise in at least too. (I know I'd be hard pressed to turn down a beer or two though). Is there a mall or something you can go window shop and kill some time in? At least that way you would be walking a bit!

Yesterday turned out to be a bit better than I had originally thought. I started off being so UN-motivated that it wasn't even funny. But I got to work, stayed OP with my food (at least until Dinner but that's another story..) And my co-worker and I decided to reorganize our storage room. We had sorted the incoming boxes of monitors/computers and printers the day before. So we spent the better part of about 3 hours moving pc equipment to the pile that goes to be obsoleted, clearing off shelves and labeling and sorting cords. It wasn't fun but we got it done and it looks great. A vast improvement from what it was before. So after work I dropped dd off to her job (man I can't wait to she gets her car back!) then went back home and got ready for the gym. I finished Week 8 of C25K and actually did a bit more. I ended up running through both of my cool downs for a total run of about 38 minutes - which is my longest run geez, since I was in high school *gulp* 20 years ago. And then I did weights after.

So today I have been blessed with a rare day to myself! DH and I usually pretty much do everything together and trust me I'm grateful for that. I love him dearly, but I find myself almost giddy at all the possibilities! Dev doesn't work today but she has plans with her dad and stepmom and their kids. I'm going to go put in some time at the gym today. Maybe just 30 on the elliptical and then I want to come home and tackle the house and laundry. Maybe get through the episode of Downton Abbey that keeps getting interrupted. I also want to re-organize my kitchen cabinets and get the entire floor scrubbed. And of course, the dreaded grocery store. But I also want to try to do something fun too. Thinking of treating myself to a movie. And that way when DH gets home we can just chill out the rest of the weekend! At least thats the game plan. Lets see if all my lofty ambitions work as planned....

Happy Saturday everyone!

Desiree -- what a GLORIOUS day that sounded like!

Oh Mom - That Fitbit sounds awesome - lightyears ahead of my pedometer. I'd be curious to see your activity on a normal day vs a day at WDW. I've always wondered how much more we actually walk at WDW. Last year, I wore my pedometer, and it tracked that we walked between 6-11 miles every day. (the 11 mile day was our Epcot day)

hey...i think i have a new strategy for convincing DH to tack on a couple WDW days before our cruise :thumbsup2 DISboards research...tax deductible....

well i'm riding the roller coaster of good days and days i'm staying within my calories but poor food choices. it's been a stressful week...just alot of life things going on with extended family mostly i won't bore you with, and a teen DD :faint: last week i was struggling through a steroid wean and on day 5 i woke up in Adrenal Insufficiency, my first time to really have it since my surgery. honestly, i felt too awful to be scared; and thankful my DH had the good sense to work from home all day so i wasn't alone. If you're interested i'll elaborate...but mostly it's something i have to learn to be aware of and treat aggressively so that it doesn't lead to adrenal crisis (shock) and a trip to the ER. this time it didn't go that far, but it totally whipped me out for 3 days. ilterally friday i was in bed ALL day and slept through every episode of the Mentalist I attempted to watched. poor Patrick, he must be so disappointed in me

so my attempt to go to a lower dose failed and i have to try again next week. I just took my 3 months post-op picture and i'm devastated b/c i don't look any different....in fact last week i gained 1.5 lbs. it's so impossible to stay motivated to make good healthy choices when my body doesn't respond! then i just got an email from my doc saying i needed to wait it out a couple more months before trying testosterone replacement. how in the world am i supposed to build muscle with testosterone below normal?

i'm rambling...i'm frustrated....i need my WISH friends to cheer me on and keep me accountable. honestly if it wasn't for my new toy fitbit i'm sure i would've tossed in the towel for now. and you all :grouphug:

Desiree -- what a GLORIOUS day that sounded like!

hey...i think i have a new strategy for convincing DH to tack on a couple WDW days before our cruise :thumbsup2 DISboards research...tax deductible....

well i'm riding the roller coaster of good days and days i'm staying within my calories but poor food choices. it's been a stressful week...just alot of life things going on with extended family mostly i won't bore you with, and a teen DD :faint: last week i was struggling through a steroid wean and on day 5 i woke up in Adrenal Insufficiency, my first time to really have it since my surgery. honestly, i felt too awful to be scared; and thankful my DH had the good sense to work from home all day so i wasn't alone. If you're interested i'll elaborate...but mostly it's something i have to learn to be aware of and treat aggressively so that it doesn't lead to adrenal crisis (shock) and a trip to the ER. this time it didn't go that far, but it totally whipped me out for 3 days. ilterally friday i was in bed ALL day and slept through every episode of the Mentalist I attempted to watched. poor Patrick, he must be so disappointed in me

so my attempt to go to a lower dose failed and i have to try again next week. I just took my 3 months post-op picture and i'm devastated b/c i don't look any different....in fact last week i gained 1.5 lbs. it's so impossible to stay motivated to make good healthy choices when my body doesn't respond! then i just got an email from my doc saying i needed to wait it out a couple more months before trying testosterone replacement. how in the world am i supposed to build muscle with testosterone below normal?

i'm rambling...i'm frustrated....i need my WISH friends to cheer me on and keep me accountable. honestly if it wasn't for my new toy fitbit i'm sure i would've tossed in the towel for now. and you all :grouphug:

Aww I'm so sorry its been a rough couple of days. I'm gald your DH was able to stay with you. How scary! If you can't get out and do the exercising just maybe try to keep OP with your eating and tracking. And when you feel up to it maybe take a little walk. Just take things slowly and listen to your body and rest when you feel you need to.

Don't give up! We are all in this together!!!

This week has been a blur, I feel like I really haven't put in the exercise hours so I'm not very optimistic about what the scale will say tomorrow. Today after work I am going to the gym though. Starting W9D1 of C25K tonight after Sunday's big failure of a run (I tried to run without my compression stockings - bad bad bad idea!) so I only managed 12 minutes total exercise on Sunday and Saturday I skipped due to all the cleaning I did at the house. Which by the way, I didn't get much me time after all. I spent it all cleaning and organizing. Ugh. Still haven't touched our office (everything clutter gets trown in there so it's a huge mess) and I did not get to go to a movie either. popcorn::

thanks ((desiree)) you are right and i am feeling a bit better today. i am going to the FC with my DD afterschool, our committment to each other, but i will not overdo it. and i'm tracking my food today. yesterday in my anxiety and not enough time to eat lunch, when i got home i ate total junk food and paid for it the rest of the day. my stomach felt awful...it's not worth it. i have to remember this!

how's everyone else?? roll call? who's lurking??

thanks ((desiree)) you are right and i am feeling a bit better today. i am going to the FC with my DD afterschool, our committment to each other, but i will not overdo it. and i'm tracking my food today. yesterday in my anxiety and not enough time to eat lunch, when i got home i ate total junk food and paid for it the rest of the day. my stomach felt awful...it's not worth it. i have to remember this!

how's everyone else?? roll call? who's lurking??

I'm here! Sorry about the icky stomach! But glad you had a much better day the next day!

I'm still trucking along. I have been pushing hard to make up some time with the exercise since I felt last week was a bust and I'm really hoping to (for once!) make goal for the DIS Exercise challenge. I did my next day of C25K today and then did 25 min on the elliptical. So it was a very good day at the gym. I sweated buckets but I suppose that's a good thing! I've read something somewhere that Sweat is the fat crying - lol.

Is anyone else still around?

I'm here!

I just had friends in town for the weekend, so of course a lot of eating happened... Ugh. I did exercise some good judgment, though: I limited my alcoholic beverage intake, adhered to GF eating, and didn't get popcorn at the movie (had a DQ Blizzard instead :rolleyes1)

Anyway, today starts another week. I plan to get Jillianized five times this week, run twice, and spin twice.

Who else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter