~Snowbird Chat 2~

Happy belated Easter to those who celebrate! I hope everyone's had a good long weekend :).

Nothing new to report here. I'm going to Orlando the first two weeks of July for a family holiday (staying offsite however) and I am so looking forward to it. I've got a job interview (hurray!) on April 13, for a nanny share position, so fingers crossed there.

I got a promotion!! I will be the full-time morning manager at one of our bakeries! I'm excited, not so much for being at work at 4am, but I will be done everyday by noon. Espciallly nice if summer ever decides to show up. This also means that I get a raise. One down fall will be vacation time. It will be harder for me to take off for a week, but I should be able to swing it, with a lot of sucking up to whoever would be covering for me ;).

Hope all is well!

I got a promotion!! I will be the full-time morning manager at one of our bakeries! I'm excited, not so much for being at work at 4am, but I will be done everyday by noon. Espciallly nice if summer ever decides to show up. This also means that I get a raise. One down fall will be vacation time. It will be harder for me to take off for a week, but I should be able to swing it, with a lot of sucking up to whoever would be covering for me ;).

Hope all is well!

Congrats!! :goodvibes

Hope all is well!

Congrats!

Hope all is well!

Good for you!! I agree...4 would be tough..but off at noon and then a nap while all your friends are still at work could help!! LOL!!!

Hope all is well!
Congrats! 4am sounds rough (unless of course you're getting up that early to go to Disney ;) ) Being finished when the rest of the working world is taking their lunch break sounds fantastic though!

Happy belated Easter to those who celebrate! I hope everyone's had a good long weekend :).

Nothing new to report here. I'm going to Orlando the first two weeks of July for a family holiday (staying offsite however) and I am so looking forward to it. I've got a job interview (hurray!) on April 13, for a nanny share position, so fingers crossed there.
Good luck on your interview!

Good luck! :wizard:

Congrats, crzyred! You must be so pleased!

Kim and Momof2Disneyboys, thank you! Just after I posted that message, I booked another interview, and yesterday morning, I booked another one! So I've got now three interviews over the span of two days!

Congratulations red! I agree, that early start time would be tough, but naps in the afternoon would help! I hope summer shows up soon - it's still too cold!!

Good luck with your interviews Shakeygirl! I'm sure you'll find something just right for you!

Not much to report here. Still cold, going up to Duluth (where it's colder) for the weekend for Paige's dance competition. Oh, did I mention I got a new car last week? Honda CRV LOVE IT!!!

TGIF Snowbirds!!!!! I am SO glad the weekend is here! I have no real plans other than to relax! I finally admitted defeat after 2 weeks of having a horrible head cold and went to the drs. Glad I went- sinus infection and ear infection in one ear! Can't complain though- I really have been lucky this winter and haven't had too many germs get to me. I'm trying to talk DH into going on a day trip to DC tomorrow. The cherry blossoms are in bloom and it's supposed to be beautiful weather.

What's everyone have on their calendar for the weekend?

Well, dd had her birthday yesterday...#10!!! So today is birthday party time...we went to see The Croods and then came home and had burgers & dogs off the grill...now they are slowly trickling to their own homes...have 4 more here playing for about an hour and 2 will be going home...so out of 6 girls only 2 will be here for the night...which is great because the 2 who are staying are the good sleepers!! LOL!!!! Tomorrow they will be going home bright and early,..all my boys have work to do and then tomorrow afternoon is ds17's Jr. Prom!:scared1: I can not believe it!! I remember my Jr prom...it was awful...Wanna hear a story?
Well,...I was a Jr and my boyfriend was a Sr...sweet guy,played all the sports and went to church, great family and I loved them all. Truly. he was the first guy I was allowed to date~my birthday is in July so I was one of the last 3 kids in our grade to turn 16..(that was the age to date in my house)...anyhoo...we had dated the entire school year....Prom was in April....He broke up with me about 4 weeks before Prom for another girl~then he brought her to prom and I was absolutely miserable.....My mom pretty much made me go with some other girls and I didn't want to...but she said I would regret it if I didn't. Guess what. I regret that I did. That was one of the longest and most painful nights ever...... So,...that was a peak into my flashback weekend.... OH!! then, at the next prom, my Sr year, one of my best friends got preggo afterwards:scared1::scared1: and all my other friends were on a 2 day drunk. Soooooo....Prom can be a scary thing! Hence, we will be chaperoning and also one set of Prom Photographers...not that we antcipate any of the kids going crazy, but it's always nice to have extra eyes on those little people!!:3dglasses Anyone else have a prom horror story?! Please share so I won't be alone!:rotfl:

Birthday party central here last night too!! party: My oldest turns 14 tomorrow. :faint: He had several friends over last night and they had a blast!!

Wow those are some crazy prom stories Shawna!! :scared1:

Birthday party central here last night too!! party: My oldest turns 14 tomorrow. :faint: He had several friends over last night and they had a blast!!

Wow those are some crazy prom stories Shawna!! :scared1:

I know!! Isn't that crazy?!! Well, we went to the prom as chaperones and photo people! It was wonderful...the kids were great and parents and teachers danced too! We had a ball...

Shelly, my younger son will be 14 in just a few weeks....that is nuts!!! I can't believe all these little DIS kids are growing up so fast!!!

Hey friends! Happy birthday to the DIS kids! Prom - wow! Mine was nothing to even mention. Went to Jr. Prom with a friend and skipped Sr. prom.

We spent the weekend up in Duluth for Paige's dance competition. it was AMAZING! Paige's class group did really well. They rank the scores from Gold, to High Gold, to Platinum being the highest! On one dance they got Gold, another they got Platinum! Then, their large group from the studio got a Platinum and an encore performance. The 6 encore performers are kind of like competing for Best in Show. Guess What??? THEY WON!!! They were the best performance in the age group (average age 11 or 12 I think). The studio got a trophy that's about 4 feet tall! They were SOO excited!
We are ALL exhausted!

I didn't go to Junior Prom and went to Senior Prom with 7 other girls.
Dinner, photos, and the ride over to prom was fun, but the actual prom was awful. Half the girls I was with were whining because the guy they wanted to go with was there with another girl.
I sewed my own dress to make the whole experience more interesting.
I didn't date at all until I met DH at college first semester. I was interested in boys, but none of them were ever interested in me, and I never cared enough to actually ask a guy out myself.
Sometimes I wonder if I should have dated more, then I remember that DH is about as awesome as guys get. I mean...in 4 years of marriage, he's taking me to Disney for the 3rd time next week...

Oh yeah...I'll be at Disney in FOUR DAYS!!!!:dance3:

I didn't go to Junior Prom either. That night, I went out to dinner and a movie with 2 of my best friends. So much fun!

I did got to Senior Prom with one of my close guy friends. He was 2 years younger than me and he was friends with all of my friends. It was a super fun night with my closest friends.

I met Tony my first semester of college and he was a senior in high school. I got to go to formal dances with him, so that was nice. He was my one and only boyfriend and looking back, I'm so happy about that. :) He's pretty awesome.

Becca- Happy 4 days til Disney!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Ouch! Rough prom stories :( I had a great time at my Jr Prom. I didn't have a date and had a great time with a group of friends. Sr. Prom I had a date but he was a bum. He wanted to sit at the table the whole night and was in a bad mood since it was my school's dance and he didn't know anyone. I made the best of it and hung out with some friends. We broke up soon after- good riddance! I met DH less than a year later and realized how I was supposed to be treated. :cloud9:

Happy belated birthday to all the Snowbird Babies!
:cake:party::bday:

(although they're not really babies anymore are they? :scared1: )

Thank the Lord we ended up with Mr. Right...I know I went through a couple of Mr. Wrongs & found out REAL quick what wasn't right for me! If I went out on a date with a guy a time or two and didnt have a good feeling I didn't date them after that-- I had friends that thought I was crazy! They would say, who cares if you dont like him? Its a free dinner and a movie right? I hated that... I just couldn't do that to someone...and we all were from a small small high school so I was pretty much friends with everybody... I just couldn't do that to anyone who was my friend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter