• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~Snowbird Chat 2~

Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers for Josh. He's slowly progressing. It will definitely be a long road with some bumps but for now he is doing as well as to be expected. I couldn't imagine being 18 and facing a heart transplant!

Hope you have a beautiful spring weather day for the parade! Good luck to Maddie!

Any word on the nannying gig?

Yuck! I'm done with winter! Hope you've shoveled out by now!

Not yet, sadly. The mother was supposed to contact me via the phone last week or the week before. I've heard nothing yet and I don't have her phone number. I sent her a message late last week, to confirm that she had indeed received my number, resume and references (as she had requested). I've heard nothing back. Oh, well. Hopefully someone will hire me!

Hey Snowbirds, I have some news!! Those of you who read my TR have probably already seen this, but I wanted to share here as well. Can't really share too much on here from what I hear, but I have become an Authorized Disney Travel Agent!!! :cool1: It's something that I have been thinking about for quite some time and finally decided to go for it. I took and passed all my online Disney TA courses and was hired by an agency. It is a great agency that offers some really great deals very often, so I look forward to helping lots of people take their Disney dream vacation!

I have a facebook page set up for the business, if anyone wants to take a look just send me a PM. :)

So that's about all I can say on here. Just wanted to share my awesome new with you all!! :goodvibes

Congrats Shelly!!!!! That sounds like so much fun!!!!

Not yet, sadly. The mother was supposed to contact me via the phone last week or the week before. I've heard nothing yet and I don't have her phone number. I sent her a message late last week, to confirm that she had indeed received my number, resume and references (as she had requested). I've heard nothing back. Oh, well. Hopefully someone will hire me!

Crossing fingers you hear something soon! 2

Hi Snowbirds! Just back from Hilton Head - for those of you not on FB - I LOVED IT!!! I plan to spend some winters in South Carolina in the future! Charleston is so great!! Just beautiful! Spent a day in Savannah too. So relaxing - and a lot less stressful than a WDW visit. We all had a wonderful trip. Plus it's a lot cheaper - with DVC of course, and no park tickets! We probably spent less than we would have spent just on the park tickets at WDW! I'm happy to answer any questions - might or might not do a TR. Never managed to do an October one, maybe I'll do a combo.

Shelly -congrats on the new job! I think I know about 8 - 10 Disney TAs now (all from the DIS of course!) You will be great at it! I'd like your info please.

Is everyone else still waiting for spring break? I know ours is earlier than most. Lots of people from Toronto were down at HHI with us.

Sadly, we came home to VERY cold weather and impending snow tonight!! Even for Minnesota, this is pretty late. Ugh. Should be a fun commute to work tomorrow. Dave was smart, he took an extra day off.

Mndisneygirl said:
Hi Snowbirds! Just back from Hilton Head - for those of you not on FB - I LOVED IT!!! I plan to spend some winters in South Carolina in the future! Charleston is so great!! Just beautiful! Spent a day in Savannah too. So relaxing - and a lot less stressful than a WDW visit. We all had a wonderful trip. Plus it's a lot cheaper - with DVC of course, and no park tickets! We probably spent less than we would have spent just on the park tickets at WDW! I'm happy to answer any questions - might or might not do a TR. Never managed to do an October one, maybe I'll do a combo.

Shelly -congrats on the new job! I think I know about 8 - 10 Disney TAs now (all from the DIS of course!) You will be great at it! I'd like your info please.

Is everyone else still waiting for spring break? I know ours is earlier than most. Lots of people from Toronto were down at HHI with us.

Sadly, we came home to VERY cold weather and impending snow tonight!! Even for Minnesota, this is pretty late. Ugh. Should be a fun commute to work tomorrow. Dave was smart, he took an extra day off.

I'm glad you had a great trip! What are the rooms like? I'm on FB but don't have anyone from here added :).

We've just had our spring break this past week (I'm close to Toronto and the different schools pretty much run the same holiday schedule).

Girl....tell us aaaaall about it!! I would love love love to visit Charleston!!! My older one ,if you remember, is not reallly keen on beaches, but if there were other things for him to do I can sell it! LOL!!! What was your favorite thing, and what was the thing you wouldn't recommend? ...give us deets!! :rotfl:
Sorry you came back to such crummy weather!!!!

Welcome back Sheree! I would love to go to Hilton Head someday!

Our spring break is the week after Easter (we have Good Friday off too). We have no plans for that week, but my parents are going Orlando (staying in their timeshare). Wish I was going with them!

I've wanted to go to Charleston for a while now. It sounds so lovely. My Mom goes to Hilton Head pretty much every time she goes to visit my sister in Georgia, but I've never been.

My Mom and brother are on Spring Break right now, so we're visiting them for the week. (DH is lonely:sad:) Unfortunately, my Mom ended up with pneumonia, so the trip hasn't been as much fun as I had hoped. We went to Science City in Union Station on Saturday before she found out. DS LOVED the train room in there. He probably could have spent all day in there just watching the model trains.

DH tells me that our Mickey Mail arrived, so that will be exciting to go home too!

I had to escape to the DIS for a moment to get some happy thoughts. It's been a loooong week and it's only Tuesday! :faint: :crazy2:.

I'm counting down to June but first I'm counting down to having Good Friday and Easter Monday off. One day at a time. June will get here soon enough. Baby steps to sanity :lmao:

Sheree- Welcome home! Charleston is on my list of places I would move to if we could! It's such a lovely area! I'll have to jump on FB and see your pics!

How is everyone?

Oh Kim...yikes!!!:rotfl: I hate when I feel like that...I am battling the pollen down here~it's THICK!!! But, we better good some pretty plants out of this!!! It's killing us!

I may do a TR, but it will be a little while. I can't decide if I should do a short one for our October trip too.
Meanwhile, there are lots of things to do in Charleston and/or HH that are not beach related - TONS of museums/historic sites, great food and shopping, and HH has lots of golfing (not my thing). There are boat rides for dolphin watching and/or fishing. I want to go back to Charleston since we just had a cursory visit, and go see Fort Sumter.

We're suffering the January like weather here. Spring is definitely not arriving here tomorrow!

I will post the link to any TR here.

Hey Snowbirds! :goodvibes What's up? popcorn::

It's so quiet in here lately!! :scared1:

Not a lot going on here. Booked my first client last week and have another one who I am pretty sure is going to book this week!! :cool1: So that is going well! Other than that just waiting on spring to get here. I know it's officially here, but the weather is still very cold and snowy. So tired of it. :(

Less than 5 months until the next WDW trip!! :yay: Seems so far away. We are hopefully going to go to Charlotte in July to visit family and while we are there we are thinking about driving to Charleston for a few days. So I've been researching that a bit. :)

Hope all is well with all of you. :grouphug:

Hello birdies. Hope all is well. Not much going on in my part of the world, other than Mother Nature clearly doesn't understand what Spring means :headache:. We have less than 2 weeks now til baseball Opening Day here at our local Single A team, and well they can't get the tarp off the field because it's full of snow and frozen to the ground....YAY!!

Other than that, I'll be making a trip with my brother and sister-in-law this July to Colorado. So excited to be getting back out there. It also means that I seriously need to get my rear in gear. I am NOT ready to do those hikes.

Not much else. Busy couple weeks here. Easter this weekend, my God-daughters 4th birthday, my brothers birthday, then my mom's.

Here's hoping summer is coming fast!

Hello Snowbirds... haven't been on in a while... so much happening here... will try to look back over the last 100 pages to see what everyone has been up to.

Spring is my busy time (I am a Realtor) so its been long hours ... did manage to sneak a five day trip in to Disney/St. Petes in January with my son and dad... Maggie and I are heading down in April to meet with the wedding planners.... nothing official yet but they are thinking Aug 2014...

In May we head to Scotland for 12 days ... my gift to my husband for his 50th... he was very surprised.

Can't wait for the snow to end... sun is shining now but the ground is still covered with snow...

Winter needs to be done. All of my 8 daycare kids are sick which of course means I'm now sick. Honestly if I worked outside of the home today would have been one of those days I called out sick. Every time I wiped a snotty nose or washed my already raw hands today I kept reminding myself that I'm working for my Disney trip in 73 days!!! :rotfl:. I just have to make it through the next two days and then I am closed Friday through Monday for a nice long relaxing weekend.

I booked BBB for Emily and Pirates League for Andrew! The only day they had availability for both within a few hours of each other was the last day of our trip- Friday. His appt is 3pm and hers is 6:30 so I figure we'll grab a bite to eat between them. It will give us something really exciting to look forward to on our last day!

I ordered this shirt for Andrew for the PL- http://www.disneystore.com/pirates-of-the-caribbean-costume-tee-for-boys/mp/1295997/1000228/

Now I just need to decide on a dress for Em for BBB. I found a few cotton comfy summer princess dresses on etsy I'm considering. She likes this one- http://www.etsy.com/listing/9269313...r=price_asc&ga_page=3&ga_search_type=handmade
I was trying to avoid a full blown princess costume so she's not too hot or itchy but since our appt isn't until 6:30pm she might be ok wearing a costume for the evening since it won't be in the midday June heat. She has gift cards from her birthday and has plans to buy a princess costume while we are there so I may just make sure we hit DTD earlier in the week and let her buy the dress she wants and then she can wear it for the appt Friday afternoon. I may still get her the cute cotton dress too though...shhhh don't tell DH. :laughing:

Hello Snowbirds... haven't been on in a while... so much happening here... will try to look back over the last 100 pages to see what everyone has been up to.

Spring is my busy time (I am a Realtor) so its been long hours ... did manage to sneak a five day trip in to Disney/St. Petes in January with my son and dad... Maggie and I are heading down in April to meet with the wedding planners.... nothing official yet but they are thinking Aug 2014...

In May we head to Scotland for 12 days ... my gift to my husband for his 50th... he was very surprised.

Can't wait for the snow to end... sun is shining now but the ground is still covered with snow...
Good too see you! What a great 50th bday surprise! Scotland is on my bucket list!

I'm around - it's been hard to find time to DIS lately, but I'm trying to read the TRs!

Still winter here - although it's slooooowwwwly melting the snow.
Lots going on this week - Paige turned 10 on Sunday,science fair, haircut, orthodontist, NEW CAR, Sarah's first communion, helping a friend move on Saturday, Easter...

Did I mention I got a new car today? It's a Honda CRV - a really pretty wine color! I love it!! Working on giving her a name.

Shelly - You should definitely go to Charleston if you have the time - it's such a pretty town!

Working on preparing to start a TR. Going to include both October WDW and Hilton Head. At least I'm organizing my pictures!

Kim - sorry everyone is sick! Keep thinking Disney!! Love the shirt and dress you found!

Wendy - Hi!! Scotland is so beautiful! What a great surprise! My DH is turning 50 in May and we're doing the Alaska cruise to celebrate (although we spend my birthday on the trip!)

Shelly (red) - I'd like to go to CO in the summer sometime. Friend of mine has a condo, they usually ski in the winter, so we can use it in the summer. One of these years...

Blah! Logan didn't know what he was looking for, so it was just our customized maps. Still fun, but not what I was expecting.
So my Mom's pneumonia probably wasn't pneumonia, so now DS and I have something else. Hopefully whatever it is will be gone by the time we go on our trip. I'm beginning to think that we're going to get sick every time we go see her, since she works in an elementary school and we aren't otherwise exposed to anything. Even if we were...it probably would be different stuff anyways.

Hi everyone. So, we started the day off with beautiful sunshine and by dinner time, my yard was covered in snow. Heavy, slushy snow. Yuck! Where is spring?!

I've been super busy lately, but it's a good busy. I have two clients traveling next week (1 to WDW and 1 to Universal) and I wish I was going with them! My parents are also heading to Orlando with my aunt and uncle, but they're staying in their timeshare. They are probably just going to the Magic Kingdom, but I'm still jealous.

I think my next trip will be in January for the inaugural Minnie 10k! They added a 10k to Marathon weekend and also the Dopey Challenge....as if the Goofy Challenge wasn't hard enough! I'm super excited! Although, I wish I was running the Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon in November too.

Just saw that Disney released it Disney Visa card discounts for the summer... hmmm... can't think of why I would need to go again but I will try hard...lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter