~Snowbird Chat 2~

Happy New Year!! :goodvibes I went to pick up my little nephew this afternoon to stay with us for the rest of the week..if he will stay that long:rotfl: He told his mamma he would stay till Saturday~late in the afternoon! LOL...he is 7 and he's very sweet!! He was so excited when we picked him up he said.' I don't know why but I am all wiggly inside'! I told him he was excited and he just smiled and nodded! His mom is now divorced from my brother and she has most of (well, all) the responsibility of him~he does give Child Support and gets him now and again, but he isn't a dad like he should be and my nephew craves a family unit. He has asked my mom several times if he could just come and live with us:worried: I know he adores his mamma and we love her and know she does her best,but kids just naturally want a family and I hate that my brother has taken that from them..it was all him. She tried so hard and for so long~ I hope the Lord sends her a great husband soon that will adore her and my little guy!! He lives 3 hours away so, I can't just hop over and get him often..my mom usually has him at least one afternoon a week, but other than that my sil has him the majority of the time.He is very good and he's happy~she has done Boy Scouts with him recently and had to do the camp outs and everything because my brother wouldn't go:mad: Drives me crazy....anyhoo..she has a good apartment, great job and they are in a wonderful church that she has connected with some good people...it just amazes me how many people like my brother can throw away a precious little family just to do what they want to do...
okay,...off the soap box...just had to vent that!
Hope you all had a wonderful new years day and are rested up and ready to do all those work outs I know you are all planning for the future! I just want to get back to walking every day...I really enjoy it and just have slacked off when I got sick...the terrible UTI is gone after 2 rounds of heavy antibiotics :banana: so I feel much better..gotta 'un'decorate starting tomorrow~Mike likes that tree up as looooong as possible! hope y'all have a safe and blessed 2013!

Happy 2013!
Only 2 days of work and 3 sleeps....!!!!!!!!!

I did most of my packing tonight, just need my last minute stuff.

I still have a nasty cough, but at least I now have a voice and no major cold symptoms. My father, however, has caught this...oops! He is doing much better than I did.

Have a great week everyone!

Hi Snowbirds. Prayers for my family please. Yesterday we lost my step-mom after an 8 month battle with cancer. She was only 48. :sad2: Please lift us up in your prayers and ask for peace and comfort to surround us, especially my Dad and my boys. Thanks friends. :grouphug:

Hi Snowbirds. Prayers for my family please. Yesterday we lost my step-mom after an 8 month battle with cancer. She was only 48. :sad2: Please lift us up in your prayers and ask for peace and comfort to surround us, especially my Dad and my boys. Thanks friends. :grouphug:

I am so sorry for your loss. I will most definitely be thinking about you and your family at this tough time.

Prayers and thoughts with you guys!!:hug:

Happy New Year Snowbirds!

I'm back to work today after a week off and my kids are back to school. It sure is hard getting back into this routine!

We could use some thoughts and prayers if you could send some. DH's brother has been in the hospital since Saturday. He's 40 and his liver is failing. We still don't have too many answers yet. He won't let the doctor's discuss anything with us. We are praying that this is a wake up call to change his lifestyle and not something more serious.

Shelly, I'm so sorry. She was so young. Your family is lifted up in my prayers.

Happy New Year!! :goodvibes I went to pick up my little nephew this afternoon to stay with us for the rest of the week..if he will stay that long:rotfl: He told his mamma he would stay till Saturday~late in the afternoon! LOL...he is 7 and he's very sweet!! He was so excited when we picked him up he said.' I don't know why but I am all wiggly inside'! I told him he was excited and he just smiled and nodded! His mom is now divorced from my brother and she has most of (well, all) the responsibility of him~he does give Child Support and gets him now and again, but he isn't a dad like he should be and my nephew craves a family unit. He has asked my mom several times if he could just come and live with us:worried: I know he adores his mamma and we love her and know she does her best,but kids just naturally want a family and I hate that my brother has taken that from them..it was all him. She tried so hard and for so long~ I hope the Lord sends her a great husband soon that will adore her and my little guy!! He lives 3 hours away so, I can't just hop over and get him often..my mom usually has him at least one afternoon a week, but other than that my sil has him the majority of the time.He is very good and he's happy~she has done Boy Scouts with him recently and had to do the camp outs and everything because my brother wouldn't go:mad: Drives me crazy....anyhoo..she has a good apartment, great job and they are in a wonderful church that she has connected with some good people...it just amazes me how many people like my brother can throw away a precious little family just to do what they want to do...
okay,...off the soap box...just had to vent that!
Hope you all had a wonderful new years day and are rested up and ready to do all those work outs I know you are all planning for the future! I just want to get back to walking every day...I really enjoy it and just have slacked off when I got sick...the terrible UTI is gone after 2 rounds of heavy antibiotics :banana: so I feel much better..gotta 'un'decorate starting tomorrow~Mike likes that tree up as looooong as possible! hope y'all have a safe and blessed 2013!
Glad you're feeling better. Your nephew is blessed to have the love of your family. Hopefully someday your brother will understand what he's missing out on.

I'm very sorry for your loss. May your memories comfort you.

Happy New Year Snowbirds!

I'm back to work today after a week off and my kids are back to school. It sure is hard getting back into this routine!

We could use some thoughts and prayers if you could send some. DH's brother has been in the hospital since Saturday. He's 40 and his liver is failing. We still don't have too many answers yet. He won't let the doctor's discuss anything with us. We are praying that this is a wake up call to change his lifestyle and not something more serious.
I hope he'll be OK. Best wishes to all of you. It's so hard when you can't know anything factual, isn't it? Your mind just goes to the darkest places. Keep your own spirits up!

Oh gosh Shelly..I am so sorry....I will definitely be praying for your family...:hug:

I quick skimmed this thread last night, but didn't have a chance to comment.

I'm so sorry for those of you dealing with loss and illness in your families. I will say a couple extra prayers for you. :hug:

My new year is off to a slow and exhausting start! Just need a little more quality sleep and to get back into the routines!
Plus, we discovered the girls got head lice! Thank goodness for those quick treatment kits you can buy at Target! So I've done about 20 loads of laundry in 2 days to clean everything!! Looks good for now...

oh croak Sheree!!! I am glad you got that under control so quickly...that stuff spreads like wildfire!!!!!

Yeah, I felt so bad because we didn't find out until NY day, and we'd just been at a party with other kids, so I had to alert them! Then of course, I think, oh my head is so itchy now! Didn't see any sign of it on me, but still, it's a feeling...
No idea where we got them - we really haven't been anywhere in the last couple weeks since school got out where they could have picked it up.
:confused3

I know!! Just talking about it makes your head itch! LOL!!!! no telling where they got it!! it travels so easily...

I'm SO :furious: right now! My d got a freelance job doing what she really wants to do. So what's the problem? They told her that she'd be working days with an occasional late night, rotating among staff. She started today, and was told that she is only working the late night shift!! She had previously been working a late shift and was so excited to be working with other people during normal hours. I'm really hoping that this will lead her to where she wants to be and that it'll be worth it, but I HATE the bait and switch!

OK, thanks for letting me vent.

That being said, I'm
FIVE DAYS
out from our trip! :cool1:

I'm SO :furious: right now! My d got a freelance job doing what she really wants to do. So what's the problem? They told her that she'd be working days with an occasional late night, rotating among staff. She started today, and was told that she is only working the late night shift!! She had previously been working a late shift and was so excited to be working with other people during normal hours. I'm really hoping that this will lead her to where she wants to be and that it'll be worth it, but I HATE the bait and switch!

OK, thanks for letting me vent.

That being said, I'm
FIVE DAYS
out from our trip! :cool1:

Well that's always crummy!!! Hopefully she will be able to move out of that schedule soon or find something better...heres to 5 days!!!!!

Hey Ladies :)

Just wanted to drop by and say hi! :flower3: Think of you all quite often :hug:

The girls and I had quite a nice Christmas. Sledding, skating, movies, sleepovers, board games and tonnes of yummy food! :yay:

The full time office administrator at my church is going to be retiring at the end of MAy and guess who was asked to take over her job???? ME!!!!!!! :cool1:I am so excited! :cheer2: I can seriously envision a fall trip to Disney with my girls!:cool1:

I am giving serious thought to the last part of September and the beginning of October. The TP crowd calendar is showing some super low #s for those weeks. Anybody ever been the first week of October? Pros? Cons? I am well aware of MNSSHP! If we do go then, that is a definite consideration!

Not feeling so hot today. Stayed home from church. Girls are playing wii right now and I am gonna start to undecorate the Christmas tree. I am quite sad to take it down as I just love sitting in my chair in the living room each night with a cup of tea watching the lights. :sad1:

Hope everybody is well. :goodvibes

Hi Kimmy!! :wave:

Glad to hear things are going well - the job sounds perfect! Merry Belated Christmas and happy new year! I hope a fall trip is in the cards for you! We were there the middle of October and loved it!! I thought it was a bit crowded, but manageable. just more than I anticipated. The economy must be picking up, because I heard from a lot of people that thought it was more crowded this fall and holiday season.

We have managed to pack up our Christmas decorations now. Trying to get back into our routines. The girls started back to school on 1/2 and all the activities (Dance) start again Monday. Here we go again!!

Just over two months until Hilton Head!!!:banana: My ticker's off by a day or two at least. We had to bump our dates later because of, you guessed it, dance!!

Kim...I am so happy for you about your job!! God is so good!!! He is taking care of y'all in the most amazing ways!!!!:hug: Sorry you are under the weather though,...that stinks...

We are back in the swing of it!! DS17 went to back to school today, DS13 goes tomorrow, but he starts his homeschool with dd9 and me today:teacher: Time for me to be this lady again! Christmas stuff was taken down, living room rearranged and attic cleaned out and organized last week...also we had a great week with my liitle nephew...He cant wait for summer time and to come stay again for 'more days'...

Totally random, but do any of you know people who are Precious Moments figurines collectors? I have a boxful that I need to get rid of ~ they have been in boxes in my attic for almost 6 years...I boxed them up when we moved from our last house and realized I didnt miss them....I used to be a huuuuge fan and there are a few that I am keeping, but, I won't put them out in a curio cabinet anymore, so...if ya'll have a suggestion PM me!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter