~Snowbird Chat 2~

Hello everyone!

So, the wedding is here and gone. It was wonderful. Of course there were a few hitches in the day, but in the end, it was great. The happy couple is now on their way to FL where they will board the cruise ship tomorrow for their honeymoon.

Today has been recovery day. Probably will head out shopping in a little while with my sister, but it's been a lazy day so far.

This week shouldn't be too bad. Not doing anything for Christmas, I work tomorrow until 5, then we are closed Tuesday and Wednesday.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, filled with family and love. If you are traveling, be safe!

God's Blessings!

Hey Snowbirds :wave:

Hope everyone is staying safe in the big winter storm! We only got a few inches so far. Hoping we don't get much more.

Is everyone all ready for Christmas?

I am ready I think. As ready as I am going to get I guess! :upsidedow It was a bit rough with the trip a few weeks before Christmas. I don't know if we'll ever go in December again!

Got my GF and Poly reviews started here if anyone wants to read ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3035236

Hope to start a TR soon.

Merry Christmas! :santa:

The wind was impossible here too. We were originally supposed to get 15" to 20" of snow, but ended up getting 40" and it's still snowing! We'll definitely be getting a white Christmas now.

What is everyone doing this upcoming week?
HOLY CATS!!! I live in MN and that sounds ridiculous even to me!! Where the heck do you live?

We're all set now (finally) DH went and picked up a couple last minute gifts (meaning he decided at the last minute to get more gifts for the DDs!)
Spent a nice afternoon at my brother's watching football and then came home and started the clean up the house process before company on Tuesday. DH has to work tomorrow, then hopefully we'll make it to church on time. We girls are going to deliver some cookies to a friend (my friend who had brain tumor surgery) in the morning. I think we'll wear our Minnie Santa hats!

Hello everyone!

So, the wedding is here and gone. It was wonderful. Of course there were a few hitches in the day, but in the end, it was great. The happy couple is now on their way to FL where they will board the cruise ship tomorrow for their honeymoon.

Today has been recovery day. Probably will head out shopping in a little while with my sister, but it's been a lazy day so far.

This week shouldn't be too bad. Not doing anything for Christmas, I work tomorrow until 5, then we are closed Tuesday and Wednesday.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, filled with family and love. If you are traveling, be safe!

God's Blessings!

Saw a couple pics on facebook - how nice! Glad everyone made it and the happy couple is off to warmer climate!
Enjoy your relaxing Christmas! I'm sure you could use the down time!

My DD9 is SOOOO excited for Christmas! She's really hopeful that she's been good enough to have Santa bring her an ipod. Talk about having leverage! ;) I think she'll be up before 6 and dying to go downstairs, but we make them wait for us first (have to catch it all on video).
I think it will be a fun day - we have 9 people (including us), so it's not too crazy, but still fun. Lots of food too!
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas filled with magic!
:santa:

I've just re read my message and found I hit the wrong button! Doh. Centimetres - I meant cm! Can't take me anywhere! Apologies!

To all my Snowbird friends who celebrate, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! We're with family, but to us as Jews, it's just another day off. (I'll take it!)

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate! To others, Happy belated Hanukkah! I hope everyone has/had a wonderful holiday and all the best for 2013.

As it's just my mother and I celebrating together this year (the rest of the family lives in England), we both slept in and have started slowly. We're watching A Miracle on 34th Street and eating breakfast before unwrapping presents.

What is everyone else doing today?

My Christmas Day was spent in bed. The fear right now is that I might have whooping cough....YAY!!! Of course, as I called the Dr today they have no openings until next week. So until that point, I'm doing home remedies for it, and hoping and praying that it goes away within the next 9 days....SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!

Other than that, we had some calm and quiet few days here. It's been great to have that.

We'll get the house put back together before the trip, which also means that this weekend/New Year's Day I'll need to pack, since that's the only time I'll have off until we leave.

Take care everyone!

My Christmas Day was spent in bed. The fear right now is that I might have whooping cough....YAY!!! Of course, as I called the Dr today they have no openings until next week. So until that point, I'm doing home remedies for it, and hoping and praying that it goes away within the next 9 days....SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!

Other than that, we had some calm and quiet few days here. It's been great to have that.

We'll get the house put back together before the trip, which also means that this weekend/New Year's Day I'll need to pack, since that's the only time I'll have off until we leave.

Take care everyone!

Aww, crap! I hope you can get that taken care of - I would think they'd be more concerned with you potentially having whooping cough (I hear it's on the rise) and get you in sooner so you can get some meds!
Feel better soon!
I'll still celebrate your single digit dance! :yay::banana::cool1::cheer2::dance3:

oh my goodness Red!!! I hope you are sooooo much better soon!!!! Is there a drs clinic or express anywhere you can go? I know you have to be worn out and miserable with that!!!!!

Red, I hope you feel better soon!

It's now only 12 days until I'm a real Snowbird again! I'm actually getting excited! :cool1:

snykymom said:
Red, I hope you feel better soon!

It's now only 12 days until I'm a real Snowbird again! I'm actually getting excited! :cool1:

And I am at 4 weeks until I am, too! Can't wait, as December was a tough month.

I'm at 15 days and I'm freaking out a bit. I'm usually way ahead of the game at this point, but sometime between now and then I need to get Christmas decor down, house in order, packing done and work caseload in order.
Just realized my kids have no clothes for this trip. They wear uniforms to school, so they have so few 'normal' clothes. I think they each have 2 pr of warm up pants and a pr of jeans each. That's it. That's not gonna get us thru 9 days at Disney. Aaaaahhhhh!!!!!

I'm at 15 days and I'm freaking out a bit. I'm usually way ahead of the game at this point, but sometime between now and then I need to get Christmas decor down, house in order, packing done and work caseload in order.
Just realized my kids have no clothes for this trip. They wear uniforms to school, so they have so few 'normal' clothes. I think they each have 2 pr of warm up pants and a pr of jeans each. That's it. That's not gonna get us thru 9 days at Disney. Aaaaahhhhh!!!!!

So now you have to add shopping to your To Do list!!

Good luck!

I wish I was going back in January too! This last trip gave me a serious case of the "I want to go back"s already. I think it's worse because it was so fun, and because we don't know when we'll be back to WDW.

Mndisneygirl said:
So now you have to add shopping to your To Do list!!

Good luck!

I wish I was going back in January too! This last trip gave me a serious case of the "I want to go back"s already. I think it's worse because it was so fun, and because we don't know when we'll be back to WDW.

Yep, we were planning in shopping all day tomorrow but just found out Drew has his first basketball game at 130-right smack dab in the middle of the day. Ugh!!
Guess I shouldn't b*tch. I'll be at Disney in 2 weeks!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

party:

I am soooo tired today - I don't think I'm going to accomplish much. Just a little laundry and taking down the "real" tree. Trash comes tomorrow, so we need to get it out. Sadly, it's our Disney tree. So I have to pack up those ornaments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter