~Snowbird Chat 2~

Mindy...have a great trip!! I didn't know HDDR was open until the week of my trip and of course it was all booked already....so we did the Christmas Party instead!!!:yay: Your family will loooove it!!
Shelly...I know you are packed and ready,...hopefully Jo is ready too!!!
Red...the heat is on!! LOL....it'll be here before you know it and you can relax!

Sheree...hate that your boss is sick...this is a sick season already for lots of our friends...hopefully we won't catch any of it!

Just checking in. Our trip is not going to happen. I'm pretty bummed, but it was too much to fit in only two months after we got back to the states, especially since we're already running all over for the holidays. I'm hopeful that we'll be able to reschedule for April, but we will see. Logan is very concerned that they're going to separate him from the military, then we will need to preserve our savings.

If anyone is headed down between jan 2-11 I posted a bunch of adrs over on the cancellation thread that I will be canceling within the week.

I hope everyone who has snowbird trips planned has an amazing time.

Just checking in. Our trip is not going to happen. I'm pretty bummed, but it was too much to fit in only two months after we got back to the states, especially since we're already running all over for the holidays. I'm hopeful that we'll be able to reschedule for April, but we will see. Logan is very concerned that they're going to separate him from the military, then we will need to preserve our savings.

If anyone is headed down between jan 2-11 I posted a bunch of adrs over on the cancellation thread that I will be canceling within the week.

Oh gosh Becca!! I am sorry you had to do that!! But it is much wiser to prepare and plan...even though that's not what you want to hear!:hug: Hopefully you can fix a date in April and make it happen then...

MindyLuvsMickey said:
Happy Birthday a few days early :)

I was up until 11 last night making some last minute dining changes. Back at my 180 day mark, I had read that Hoop Dee Doo was gong to be closed around this time so I didn't even bother with reservations. I was tooling around here on the Dis last night and realized it was indeed up and running. Sooooo. . . I booked it!! My mom and sister are going to LOVE it. My SIL and I have already seen it. It's a personal favorite of our family. My boys talk about regularly. Now I have to decide if I want to ditch two other reservations or just pay out of pocket.

I see three kiddos this morning and then it's time for me to come home and get my bags packed. I have some odds and ends to wrap up this afternoon before my happy travelers arrive tonight. Nothing like an adult sleepover.

Thank you!

Oh gosh Becca!! I am sorry you had to do that!! But it is much wiser to prepare and plan...even though that's not what you want to hear!:hug: Hopefully you can fix a date in April and make it happen then...

I don't think I ever really thought we were going. All we had to cancel was ADRs, no hotel reservations or anything.

My younger sister has a school break in April, so I'm thinking we might be able to go then, and bring her along. Her break is the first week of regular season, so I think it will be ideal weather and crowd-wise. The unfortunate part is the cost. I doubt we'll be able to do the 12 day trip I had hoped for.

The real bummer is that I had two reservations for BOG for dinner. One for if my older sister made it down from GA, and the other for just us. Even just perusing the week in April we might consider, there's hardly anything available. There's always lunch though.

Oh, Becca, I'm so sorry. Here's hoping the April trip happens for you!

Hello everyone. I hope and pray that through the past few days you have all hugged your children more than ever.

Tonight I sat through my "neice's" Christmas program at church, while my Goddaughter fell asleep in my arms. It was exactly what I needed after some hectic weeks, and an extremely trauma filled past few days.

I pray that everyone is safe and healthy.
God Bless.

Happy Monday, Snowbirds!

I've been off the DIS for a few weeks and have gotten so far behind. And then I put off coming back because I know it's going to take a while to catch up. :rolleyes:
Apologies to everyone I miss, but...

:bday: Laura!
Shawna, I hope your DS is recovering well! Appendicitis stinks...been there, done that.
Becca, sorry to hear your trip is off. Best wishes for April! :goodvibes
snykymom, congratulations to your DD on the new job! :cheer2:
Mindy and Shelly, I hope you had/are having the best WDW trips yet. We can't wait to hear all about them! :dance3:

And :yay::yay: to everyone who has a trip coming up soon!

We're all well here (after a stomach bug made the rounds through the house :sad2:) and busy with holiday preparations. The boys' school schedule changed this year so they finish the semester before Christmas break, which means they have exams this week. Then they don't go back to school until January 7, so we're going to take a trip to DLP toward the end of the week after New Year's. Can't wait to see the decorations! pixiedust:

I hope you are all doing well! I've missed you. :grouphug:

We're back :sad:

Had a wonderful time. The GF was nice, but nothing beats the Poly! :lovestruc

Never did see Mindy. :confused3

We had a few very humid days at the beginning of the trip. And then rain. And then cold and rain. And then our last full day (Saturday) was perfect - warm and sunny and not humid. Got to see lots of Christmas decorations and do lots of fun stuff!

Working on loading and editing all my pics now and also working on this mountain of laundry. :crazy2:

Hi Kathy! Glad to hear you've all recovered from the illness! Say Hi to DLP for me!! I still haven't finished my TR - one day left in London to write about!

Welcome back Shelly! Sounds like a great trip - and you had all the weather! Looking forward to hearing about it.

I've been so overwhelmed with "stuff" I've barely had time to peek at the DIS - let alone comment! Trying to get everything done and get ready for Christmas is too much. I'm going to do a LOT less next year. I am ALMOST done shopping - I would be if it weren't for the girls saying "Oh, I need a gift for ..." So really, I'm done, they're not! :laughing:

Hope all of you are well and enjoying the hustle and bustle of the holiday season!

Hey Kathy!! He is better...they finish exams this week too, and we also start back Jan 7... down here there are all sorts of sicknesses going around...trying to stay well, calm with all the crazy shoppers and trying to just keep up with everything...i still need to upload photos and talk about our trip...but I think Jan will be more likely....

Whoever decided to share their cold with me is just mean. :sad2:

Also, I'm smack dab in the middle of the wonderful winter storm forecast of 10"-15" on Thursday. Score!:crazy2:

Thursday also happens to be the day that everyone is traveling up here for the wedding on Saturday. My sister will probably be stranded in some airport somewhere, while the others are driving up and we are trying, desperately, to have them wait until Friday.

Suddenly, this week is full of worry. That's the last thing I need right now!

Have a great day everyone

Also, I'm smack dab in the middle of the wonderful winter storm forecast of 10"-15" on Thursday. Score!:crazy2:

Thursday also happens to be the day that everyone is traveling up here for the wedding on Saturday. My sister will probably be stranded in some airport somewhere, while the others are driving up and we are trying, desperately, to have them wait until Friday.

I was totally thinking of you while watching the weather report! I was feeling all lucky and gloating about how this one's going to miss us. Sorry it has to hit you during a big event!! I hope everyone gets where they need to be! I hope you feel better too!

Oh no, Red! Hoping for some pixie dust pixiedust: to help everyone arrive safely for the big event. Hope you feel better soon, too!

crzyred said:

10-15"?? Yikes! Prayers for safe travels for everyone!!!

crzyred - thank you! I had a good day!

We're getting hit with the snow up here starting tonight - 10" to 20". Oh boy. Wishing everyone safe travels!

Hey girls! I am sure all you Northern Ladies are getting some weather!! We had quite a cold front come in last night~the wind was unbelievable...we are still under a wind advisory till 6 tonight and should hit around 30...which y'all know is pretty cold for us!:rotfl: It's about 53 today, but the sun is shining!! it would be miserable if it wasn't because the wind is so icy cold...I am hoping the cool stays for Christmas, but I am not too hopeful...this happens all the time!

The wind was impossible here too. We were originally supposed to get 15" to 20" of snow, but ended up getting 40" and it's still snowing! We'll definitely be getting a white Christmas now.

What is everyone doing this upcoming week?

disneyshakeygirl said:
The wind was impossible here too. We were originally supposed to get 15" to 20" of snow, but ended up getting 40" and it's still snowing! We'll definitely be getting a white Christmas now.

What is everyone doing this upcoming week?

40 inches???? Of snow??? Oh dear!
We just went for a run and grabbed lunch, now
Spending the rest of the day cleaning, wrapping a few last gifts, and starting to prepare food for the next few days. Our Christmas starts with mass on monday evening, then spending Christmas eve with my dad and that side of the family. After Christmas morning, we'll go to Andy's family then my moms. Busy, busy! Thankfully I work from home on Wednesday's, so I can recuperate. My quota is in the for month, so not sure how much 'work' will actually get accomplished. :)
I may spend Wednesday taking the Christmas decor down and start packing for Disney. 19 days!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter