• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR! *Updated 6/17 & 6/18- NEW TR LINK POSTED*

Your character greets sound like a lot of fun! Snow does look really in character. :)

The food all sounds amazing! I have yet to try to the cheddar cheese soup but I hear everyone rave about it, so that's high on my priority list next trip. :)

I noticed your pin that you are wearing....I don't think I've seen that one before. Which one is that? It looks really cute. :)

Haha, Alexis, you shouldn't have said you didn't known where certain pictures went. Not like we'd know, lol. Too late now though. :)

Totally agree. Mexican Small World is cute and no where near as annoying and scary as regular Small World.

I think I've only met Mulan once before, so maybe time to update. She's such a unique character. And WOW. I always do my very best to wait until the character is alone to take photos. Granted you have to be quick, but it's still doable. That is so awkward.

Given that Snow is the real original Disney princess, definitely a good choice.

I'm glad you had a successful F&W day considering you were there at the end! That's pretty lucky, I would think.

Okay, that woman taking pics of you with Mulan is just weird. It's possible to wait until the character is alone! Who wants a pic of a stranger with them anyway??

But despite that weird moment, you got some great character photos. I love the Snow selfie!

Love all of the Photopass pictures! I love feeling like I get my money's worth with Memory Maker.

Uh oh, no food pics? That's totally okay! It's all right to be lost in the moment. :thumbsup2

Love the Gran Fiesta Tour. But that's mainly due to my love of Donald.

Okay that's just weird that she was taking pictures of you. I would have looked over at her camera and made the most obnoxious face. :lmao:

Princess selfie!

Your character greets sound like a lot of fun! Snow does look really in character. :)

The food all sounds amazing! I have yet to try to the cheddar cheese soup but I hear everyone rave about it, so that's high on my priority list next trip. :)

I noticed your pin that you are wearing....I don't think I've seen that one before. Which one is that? It looks really cute. :)

Thank you, they really were so much fun! You definitely need to try the cheddar cheese soup at some point- SO GOOD! Actually, it's a pin my friend got me! It's not from the parks, it says "On Wednesdays we wear pink" with a picture of Daisy and Minnie :goodvibes

Haha, Alexis, you shouldn't have said you didn't known where certain pictures went. Not like we'd know, lol. Too late now though. :)

Totally agree. Mexican Small World is cute and no where near as annoying and scary as regular Small World.

I think I've only met Mulan once before, so maybe time to update. She's such a unique character. And WOW. I always do my very best to wait until the character is alone to take photos. Granted you have to be quick, but it's still doable. That is so awkward.

Given that Snow is the real original Disney princess, definitely a good choice.

Haha I just gotta keep it as honest as possible!

That's a great way to put Mulan- unique! I was so glad to have met her...even with the creeper in the background haha

So many fun meets! She's a perfect Snow White!

Thank you! She was indeed perfect!

I'm glad you had a successful F&W day considering you were there at the end! That's pretty lucky, I would think.

Okay, that woman taking pics of you with Mulan is just weird. It's possible to wait until the character is alone! Who wants a pic of a stranger with them anyway??

But despite that weird moment, you got some great character photos. I love the Snow selfie!

I definitely considered it lucky! And thank you for agreeing with me! Now I'm probably sitting somewhere in one of her photo albums :confused3 Thank you, I'm glad you like the photos!

Love all of the Photopass pictures! I love feeling like I get my money's worth with Memory Maker.

Uh oh, no food pics? That's totally okay! It's all right to be lost in the moment. :thumbsup2

Love the Gran Fiesta Tour. But that's mainly due to my love of Donald.

Okay that's just weird that she was taking pictures of you. I would have looked over at her camera and made the most obnoxious face. :lmao:

Princess selfie!

One day I will learn self control and take pics before I start stuffing my face!! :rotfl:

Gran Fiesta Tour is certainly a great ride for Donald lovers, it gets a thumbs up from me! :thumbsup2

HAHA I wish I had thought to do that! It was one of those moments that I didn't really realize what was going on until after the fact.

This will be my last post before Christmas so just wanted to wish everyone a VERY Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!

Day 2 - Lots and lots of World Showcase!

Once we got out of the gift shop in Japan, we passed through Morocco and then stopped to get some waffles at the Belgium stand. Again, dad was lucky enough to find us a table and we got one each of the 3 kinds of waffles:
Potato and Leek Waffle with Braised Beef
Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganache and Whipped Cream
Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream

My mom was a little confused when I ordered these. I asked her a number of times if she wanted the potato leek and she kept saying yes. When it came out she was like "what is that?!". She thought I was ordering the potato leek soup that I kept talking about from BOG! :sad2: I was a little annoyed with her but she ended up eating it and she LOVED it. She said she was so glad she had it! We tried both of the other belgium waffles last year, and they definitely didn't disappoint this year!

And look! I found a picture that my mom took! It appears they also got the beer flight here as well.

We passed through France where I wanted to stop and meet Belle, but her next set wasn't for a while so we just continued on.

The last booth we stopped at for now was Ireland, so my mom could try the Lobster and seafood fisherman’s pie and the Warm chocolate pudding with Kerrygold Irish Cream Liqueur Custard. I really wanted to try the fisherman's pie but I was so stuffed at the moment! My mom said it was really good and though Dad only wanted a "taste" he certainly had his fair share! Mom also really enjoyed the chocolate pudding. And she took a picture of it!

We finished up our circle of World Showcase and ended up back by Duffy where he was finally out meeting! I was a little dissapointed because he was still in his pumpkin costume (was hoping for the sailor one!) but there was no way I wasn't going to stop and say to hi my new favorite bear! As expected, he was the cutest. So cuddly and gave the best hugs!

At this point it was time for my friend and her husband to say goodbye because they had to head home. It was so awesome to spend the day together and I feel like Epcot was the perfect park to hang out since we were being so leisurely!

It was still pretty early, so we decided to take another circle around WS! My notes are a little jumbled here but I think we may have stopped in New Zealand for mussels and Patagonia for an empanada. We then moved on to Mexico to try and ride Gran Fiesta Tour again but the line was way longer than we were willing to wait in. We kind of just mosied through all the countries, I don't think we stopped and got much food though, I know I was feeling pretty full.

When we passed by Norway we stopped by the waterfall where Maelstrom used to be (RIP). We stayed there for a few minutes and got to see the sword which we thought was cool!

When we passed by the American Advenutre, Big Bad Voo Doo Daddy was about to start one of their sets. Dad wanted to check them out, so we went in and found a seat on the side and stayed for about 2 songs. When we got to France, I was super shocked to see that Belle was on the schedule to do another set! I thought her last set was from 4:50-5:30 but it appears they added one from 5:50-6:30! Possibly because they extended the close from 9pm to 10pm? Anyway, it was about 5:45 at this point so mom and I waited while my dad found a bench to sit on. About 10 minutes later we were meeting Belle!

We stopped in the pastry shop in France quickly because I wanted to pick up a box of the macaroons I've heard so much about from here. I didn't eat any right then, but I did eat them throughout the week. I have to say I was a little dissapointed in them. Some were really delicious but I wasn't a fan of some of the frutier ones.

We then headed into the UK where I wanted to see how long the line was to meet Winnie & Tigger. I'd never met them in this location before and I was surprised to see how out of the way the location is! There was barely anyone waiting and we were taking pictures within 5 minutes! I think their setup is SO cute and I love how Christopher Robin's room is all laid out.

We kept walking and it was amazing to see how short some of the lines were! We stopped at Refreshment Port because I'd been dying to try one of the cronuts! So simple, yet so delicious!

We made it back to the base of WS and Dufy was still out meeting...with the smallest of lines...how could I not say another hello to my friend?! LOL yes folks, I went and met Duffy AGAIN. I had stopped in the gift shop across from him earlier in the day and bought a little Duffy keychain (Yes I wanted one of the large ones but I just couldn't justify it haha) so I thought little Duffy should be in the picture with big Duffy!

After that we decided to head to the Craft Beers location, which was in a new spot this year. I have to say, this was such a nice spot to just sit and relax. It was not crowded and I was able to find us a nice comfy booth with a table while Mom and Dad bought one of the beer flights. It also came with a cute little cup of nut! We just sat in here for a little while and gave ourselves a little break! And look I remembered to take a picture!

Up next..Finishing up our Epcot Day!

Actually, it's a pin my friend got me! It's not from the parks, it says "On Wednesdays we wear pink" with a picture of Daisy and Minnie :goodvibes

How cool! It looks like a really cute pin! :)

Yum!! The food looks really good!

Duffy is just too cute! When we were there in March we passed his meeting spot a couple of times but he wasn't out, and we never made it back to meet him. Definitely something that's on my list. The selfie with him is adorable!!

Yay for Belle being out to meet again! And Pooh and Tigger's spot looks really fun. I haven't met them there, only Crystal Palace.

This is the second round of Belgian waffles I've seen recently. I love waffles, so it's good to see that and bad that I don't have any, lol.

RIGHT???!!! How soft is Duffy??? Way aren't all the characters that soft? I know it would take away the specialness, but I'm still curious.

Um, okay, I am seriously embarrassed to admit that I had no idea about that sword. Wow.

OMG...OLAF!!!! So cool, I love it!!!

I've never seen the butterfly magic shots, really neat!

Wow, the Ghirardelli sculptures are incredible! I agree, that villain one is amazing!

I love that you rode a ride you haven't done since childhood.

The Donald, Mulan and Snow White pictures are really cute. That lady interrupting your photo shoot...really? That's rude and very odd.

Green tea kit kats, I am very intrigued. I will have to look for those when we are there.

All the food sounds delicious!

Duffy! Can't wait to hug him, everyone talks about how soft and cuddly he is.

I've never seen anyone post a picture of the WTP set up in the UK, very well done.

Awe mini Duffy and big Duffy, love it!

How cool! It looks like a really cute pin! :)

Yum!! The food looks really good!

Duffy is just too cute! When we were there in March we passed his meeting spot a couple of times but he wasn't out, and we never made it back to meet him. Definitely something that's on my list. The selfie with him is adorable!!

Yay for Belle being out to meet again! And Pooh and Tigger's spot looks really fun. I haven't met them there, only Crystal Palace.

Meeting Duffy is a must do in my opinion!!

I was so happy to meet Belle! And the Pooh/Tigger spot is so well done!

This is the second round of Belgian waffles I've seen recently. I love waffles, so it's good to see that and bad that I don't have any, lol.

RIGHT???!!! How soft is Duffy??? Way aren't all the characters that soft? I know it would take away the specialness, but I'm still curious.

Um, okay, I am seriously embarrassed to admit that I had no idea about that sword. Wow.

LOL you need some of those waffles in your life!

I guess you're right, all the characters are soft. But Duffy just has that extra softness and cuddliness to him!

I didn't know about the sword either! We saw another family waiting around for it and I thought it was SO cool! Definitely a must do on your next trip!

OMG...OLAF!!!! So cool, I love it!!!

I've never seen the butterfly magic shots, really neat!

Wow, the Ghirardelli sculptures are incredible! I agree, that villain one is amazing!

I love that you rode a ride you haven't done since childhood.

The Donald, Mulan and Snow White pictures are really cute. That lady interrupting your photo shoot...really? That's rude and very odd.

Green tea kit kats, I am very intrigued. I will have to look for those when we are there.

All the food sounds delicious!

Duffy! Can't wait to hug him, everyone talks about how soft and cuddly he is.

I've never seen anyone post a picture of the WTP set up in the UK, very well done.

Awe mini Duffy and big Duffy, love it!

Thank you for all your comments! If you like green tea, the kit kats might definitely spark your interest! And YES, Duffy is a must-meet!

Day 2 - The end of our Epcot day

Once we were (semi) recharged, it was time to head over to Soarin to use our last FP of the day!

When we got off we still had some time before Illuminations we walked around Mousegears where I bought some pins and possibly other things but I can't remember haha

We also stopped in Club Cool to try some beverages! I could not get anyone to try Beverly! I remember I really liked the Inca Cola because it was so sweet!

When we got out the fountains were dancing!

We then decided to find ourselves a spot for Illuminations. I knew I wanted us to stay near Showcase Plaza so we could beat some of the crowds when it was over. We ended up finding a decent spot right up on a railing.

We had about a half hour to go still and I was starting to feel hungry again. I so desperately wanted another cup of Cheddar Cheese Soup but did not feel like walking to Canada :( Dad was kind enough to grab me some shrimp from the Australia stand. I had this last year and thought it was good, but pretty average. I still felt the same this year but it was good to get something into my stomach!

Finally it was time for Illuminations! After skipping out on it last year we were finally seeing it!!

Overall, I think it's a nice show. But after seeing it for myself, I definitely don't think it's a must-do for me. I am glad we were able to see it though!

Once it was over we headed for the exit. However, the pull of PP photographers were too strong and we ended up stopping for a few final pics :)

Regardless, we got a bus pretty quickly and were back in our room by 11pm! I feel like that was record time!

It was a long, but great day. I feel like we got the do-over of Epcot we deserved and we all agreed that this Epcot day was everything we wanted it to be!

Up next...we go "home"!

Haha, I find I spend a lot less time in Future World now, but Soarin', Mousegears, and Club Cool are absolutely must do.

I for one really love Illuminations. But I do understand others not feeling it an absolute every trip must do. It's certainly not Wishes level love and it does have some pretty slow spots. I do love the soundtrack though and the message of a "World as one" really does hit me. Of course, my last experience was also in the rain, so definitely a must do for next trip (in 30 days :)).

Spaceship Earth looks so pretty at night. :goodvibes

Awww, I love that you get to enjoy trips with your parents! It must be so nice to be so close with them and vacation together. I have an older brother and a younger brother, but even if I were an only child, there'd be no way my dad would be up for all the park touring! He's waiting for grandkids before he goes back.

Yum, I wish I could try some of the food booths! It must be fun to get dishes from each country and split them just to get a taste of more of the options.

Huh, I've never heard about the sword thing at Norway before! I Googled it to find more info but was unsuccessful. What is it all about?

Looking forward to more!

First, I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and all the best for 2015!

That Potato and Leek Waffle with Braised Beef looks really good - and a good sized portion as well! ... and, I mean, you have to get the beer flight right? (though I wish they had some higher end Belgium beers available)

Even after getting your fill, just wandering WS - especially during Food and Wine - is so much fun! And you got some nice photos then as well!

I don' think I have ever seen - nor even really knew about - that sword at the Mealstrom area ... very cool

Glad things worked out and you got to meet Belle - I like that meet with her in the village dress (just wish the waiting area wasn't so in the sun)

The new Craft Beer location sounds like a nice place to relax and just take a bit of a break - and free snacks is also good too :thumbsup2

Glad you got to see Illuminations even if you felt it isn't an "every trip" show for you ... and just really glad you felt you got the EPCOT do-over you wanted :goodvibes

Really nice PP pictures at the end too :thumbsup2

Okay, how have I never heard of this sword in Norway?? You think you know all things Disney, but there's always surprises in store, I guess. That's pretty cool! Is it an Agent P thing? Maybe that's why I have never noticed it. We have never played the game.

Yay for an unexpected meet with Belle! She's gorgeous!

Nothing wrong with a double dose of Duffy. I have given up trying to dislike him and embraced the cuteness that is Mickey's teddy bear. :goodvibes And yes, he is soooooooo soft!! I don't think we have ever seen him in his sailor outfit. And I guess I would have thought he would be in his Santa outfit by then?

Great Illuminations pics!

It is really hard to leave the park at night and not linger by taking photos with Photopass, isn't it? :rotfl: Epcot is definitely the easiest to do that. They are everywhere along the route from World Showcase to the gates!

Haha, I find I spend a lot less time in Future World now, but Soarin', Mousegears, and Club Cool are absolutely must do.

I for one really love Illuminations. But I do understand others not feeling it an absolute every trip must do. It's certainly not Wishes level love and it does have some pretty slow spots. I do love the soundtrack though and the message of a "World as one" really does hit me. Of course, my last experience was also in the rain, so definitely a must do for next trip (in 30 days :)).

Spaceship Earth looks so pretty at night. :goodvibes

Totally agree, those 3 are essential on Epcot days!

Perhaps it is the fact that I love Wishes and Fantasmic so much that Illuminations doesn't do it for me. But I agree that the message of it is really nice! Omgosh your trip is SO close, Rob! Excited for you!

Awww, I love that you get to enjoy trips with your parents! It must be so nice to be so close with them and vacation together. I have an older brother and a younger brother, but even if I were an only child, there'd be no way my dad would be up for all the park touring! He's waiting for grandkids before he goes back.

Yum, I wish I could try some of the food booths! It must be fun to get dishes from each country and split them just to get a taste of more of the options.

Huh, I've never heard about the sword thing at Norway before! I Googled it to find more info but was unsuccessful. What is it all about?

Looking forward to more!

Hi there and thanks for joining in!! Aww thanks :goodvibes It is nice to be close and get to enjoy vacations together!

The best part of F&W is definitely getting to sample and split so many different foods!

I never heard about the sword thing either! I'm not sure what the meaning behind it is, but it's right near the waterfall where Maelstrom used to be. It's just a regular waterfall but if you stop and watch for a few minutes, the waterfall changes patterns and reveals the sword for a few seconds before disappearing! Pretty neat!

First, I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and all the best for 2015!

That Potato and Leek Waffle with Braised Beef looks really good - and a good sized portion as well! ... and, I mean, you have to get the beer flight right? (though I wish they had some higher end Belgium beers available)

Even after getting your fill, just wandering WS - especially during Food and Wine - is so much fun! And you got some nice photos then as well!

I don' think I have ever seen - nor even really knew about - that sword at the Mealstrom area ... very cool

Glad things worked out and you got to meet Belle - I like that meet with her in the village dress (just wish the waiting area wasn't so in the sun)

The new Craft Beer location sounds like a nice place to relax and just take a bit of a break - and free snacks is also good too :thumbsup2

Glad you got to see Illuminations even if you felt it isn't an "every trip" show for you ... and just really glad you felt you got the EPCOT do-over you wanted :goodvibes

Really nice PP pictures at the end too :thumbsup2

Thank you, I hope you all did too! And happy 2015! :goodvibes

I was really happy we got to do another lap around WS and just enjoy the atmosphere.

The sword in Norway was really cool- never heard of it either!

You're right, the line for Belle can be brutal in the sun. I remember waiting to meet her one January and it was HOT!

You definitely would have enjoyed that Craft Beer location, perfect for families!

Thank you so much, it was definitely the Epcot day we all wanted!

Okay, how have I never heard of this sword in Norway?? You think you know all things Disney, but there's always surprises in store, I guess. That's pretty cool! Is it an Agent P thing? Maybe that's why I have never noticed it. We have never played the game.

Yay for an unexpected meet with Belle! She's gorgeous!

Nothing wrong with a double dose of Duffy. I have given up trying to dislike him and embraced the cuteness that is Mickey's teddy bear. :goodvibes And yes, he is soooooooo soft!! I don't think we have ever seen him in his sailor outfit. And I guess I would have thought he would be in his Santa outfit by then?

Great Illuminations pics!

It is really hard to leave the park at night and not linger by taking photos with Photopass, isn't it? :rotfl: Epcot is definitely the easiest to do that. They are everywhere along the route from World Showcase to the gates!

Honestly I thought this was one of those facts that I just never heard about, but it appears I'm not the only one! Hmm it could very well be an Agent P thing, I didn't think of that! Nonetheless it was really cool to see.

Haha you can't deny that Duffy is adorable! Right, I thought for sure he'd be dressed for Christmas too?!

It's impossible for us not to stop, regardless of what park it is! :rotfl: But I agree, it's easier to do it at Epcot because there's so many spots, as opposed to like MK where everyone is rushing down the same path.

Day 3 - Magic Kingdom!

Another day waking up in DISNEY! It wasn't a dream! :goodvibes We were finally heading to Magic Kingdom and today and up extra early for a very important breakfast!! The weather was still a little chilly today, but no rain which was good!

We didn't have to wait long for a bus and had no problem getting through bag check and waiting in the pre-park opening ADR line.

They let us in right at 7:45 and WOW, it really is the most magical thing walking in to an empty park! We of course took the opportunity to grab some pics!

Castle selfie was mandatory!

And some PP pics!

After that we walked over to check in for our breakfast at the Crystal Palace!

I think we only had to wait about 5-10 minutes for our buzzer to go off. The characters were not out yet so we were able to grab some food. And look I remembered to take a picture of my plate! (Sadly it's the only plate picture I took haha)

But I will say the food definitely lived up to our expectations! The Pooh's puffed french toast was AMAZING and was the hit among all 3 of us! (And is something we have been constantly craving lately :lmao:) I also loved the breakfast potatoes and cinnamon rolls! I really wanted to try the breakfast lasagna and I had a small taste, but the banana taste was too prominent for me to eat any more of it. (I have a slight allergy to them).

Up next...Hanging out with some Hundred Acre Wood pals!​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter