• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR! *Updated 6/17 & 6/18- NEW TR LINK POSTED*

sounds like a pretty smooth travel day and nice for it to not be super hectic and just take it easy and prep for the rest of the trip to come

I get a kick out of the "Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar" ... like, you never see available the "Mickey Just Ok Ice Cream Bar" or the "Mickey Inferior Ice Cream Bar". I mean, if you only have one level how can it be premium? :confused3 (clearly I have put too much thought into this ;) )

You absolutely have. It should be OBVIOUS why the word "premium" is in the name. Best Disney snack EVER!! :goodvibes

Yay for a good travel day! That always makes your trip start off nicely when you don't have any travel issues. :)

Yum! The Mickey bars make me want to have one right now. :)

I hope the weather holds up for you!

I agree! And YES I would love a Mickey bar right now!

Sounds like a pretty good travel day. I really want to fly jet blue someday. It sounds nice.

I definitely recommend it, a lot of nice perks!

sounds like a pretty smooth travel day and nice for it to not be super hectic and just take it easy and prep for the rest of the trip to come

I get a kick out of the "Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar" ... like, you never see available the "Mickey Just Ok Ice Cream Bar" or the "Mickey Inferior Ice Cream Bar". I mean, if you only have one level how can it be premium? :confused3 (clearly I have put too much thought into this ;) )

We couldn't have asked for a better travel day really! HAHA I have to agree with what Kristy said, they are premium because they are the BEST!

Haha, the TR title still makes me giggle. And I think it will every time I read it.

I do like the early morning (and more so early arriving) Disney travel day, but I sure don't like the getting up at 2am part. A 2pm flight doesn't sound all that bad. but I am disappointed you didn't wear the ears Alexis!!

Free movies? Score!!

Interesting regarding the resort size. I'v never visited the All Stars before.

Ah I'm so excited to get a Mickey towel again. That's actually one of the things I missed the most being off site.

Haha I'm so glad you enjoy the title so much!

As much as I also love early flights, the leisurely morning really was great!

The size really is so different compared to Pop. I would say you should visit one day but I know Pop is near and dear to your heart!! Maybe one day though! And this was actually my first out of 3 trips where I received a Mickey towel!! I was so happy :)

OMG ME TOO! That looks heavenly. I would love to crack open my freezer and see all of those Mickey bars. :goodvibes

Glad you had such a great travel day! That always sets a good tone for the trip when there are no major hiccups to getting there. Did you see Guardians of the Galaxy yet? SO GOOD! That's pretty cool they offered it as an in-flight movie. Totally what I would have picked!

Mickey Bars really are the best, and there's a reason they are considered "Premium"!! :goodvibes I have not seen Guardians of the Galaxy yet, but now I guess it needs to go on my watch list!!

Day 2 - Epcot!

WOO HOO, this morning we woke up and we were in DISNEY!! We were at the bus stop around 7:50 to head to our first park of the trip- Epcot!

The weather was a little gloomy and chilly. It was raining on and off but luckily no heavy downpours. I really was so nervous about this day. This would be our only Epcot day and our only chance to experiencw F&W and I didn't want anything to get in the way of that! Especially since last year during our Epcot day we experienced some heavy rain that hindered some of our plans. We ended up getting REALLY lucky. There would be occasional light rain throughout the morning but it never rained THAT hard, and by the afternoon there was no rain at all and it warmed up a little!

[

We got to the gates early, probably around 8:20 and were pretty close to the front of the turnstiles. And apparently I felt like creepy smiling at the camera...

If any of you read my last TR, you may remember I met up with a friend and her BF on our Animal Kingdom day. Well today they met up with us again, which was really nice! I won't include photos of them as I'm not sure if they would like that. But they stayed with us until around 4pm and it was really fun to have them along! They have APs so they were totally fine with just going with our flow and doing what we wanted to do.

When the gates opened we did the Soarin dash..well maybe not dash, just a brisk walk ;) I kind of forgot the trek it is to get back there!

But we made it and we only had to wait about 10 minutes before boarding our flight over California. The ride was awesome, as it always is! When we got out, we spotted some chipmunks meeting with a very short line and couldn't pass it up. Chip & Dale are 2 of Dad's favorite characters so he really enjoys meeting them.

After that it was time to use our first ever FP+ at Character Spot. We scanned our bands and got the green Mickey head! And I'm happy to report that we had ZERO problems with FP+ this trip :)

I'd never done Character Spot before so this was a first for all of us. We only had to wait a few short minutes before being brought into the room. First was the big cheese himself, Mickey!

r

I also snapped a quick selfie with the Boss himself. (I managed to get a bunch of selfies this trip so stay tuned for more of those!)

r

Then there was Goofy.

And of course Minnie!

I love when the PP photographers catch you taking the selfies, I think it looks so cool!

Up next..more of Future World!

Yay for your first morning! We did the same character m&g's on our Epcot day back in March. The boys love Chip and Dale and always have fun with them. And of course they love Mickey,Minnie,Goofy. The character spot is a nice place to meet them and on our day we had FP+ for it, but didn't need it as the wait was 5 minutes. :) Love all of the selfies with the characters! :)

brisk walk to a 10 min wait at Soarin? ... check
Next to no wait to meet the 'munks? ... check
Creepy smile picture? ... check

... off to a great start!

Glad the weather worked out for you and also that you had no issues with FP+. Not that I am an expert or anything but it seems like FP+ is one of those things that if it works for you, you like it. If you have a bunch of technical issues, you don't.

Love the character spot for getting to see 3 of the big 5 for one wait (was even better before when it was all 5 at once, but still not bad). Love the PP of you taking the we-sie with Minnie :goodvibes

YAY. As exciting as it is to arrive in Disney on travel day, waking up in Disney for the first time is pretty darn close on the excitement level.

Wow, it's so weird to see long pants and jackets. In September, shorts and T-shirt felt like too many layers, lol.

Cool!! Soarin' and Chipmunks and haven't even used a FP yet.

I actually have a Character Spot booked (I think) for January. Not a lot of options outside of Soarin' and Test Track and Maelstrom closed. I think it's so great that the characters get so into the selfie thing.

So glad the weather ended up working for you.

Lots of cute character pictures!

I'm glad the rain didn't end up being too much of a hinderance. It always stresses me out when we only have one day in a park on a trip, that either the weather or the crowds (OR BOTH! :scared1:) won't cooperate.

I thoroughly enjoyed all of your character selfies on Instagram, and it's even more fun to see that PP captured some of the selfie action happening. :goodvibes Great start to your morning!

Yay for your first morning! We did the same character m&g's on our Epcot day back in March. The boys love Chip and Dale and always have fun with them. And of course they love Mickey,Minnie,Goofy. The character spot is a nice place to meet them and on our day we had FP+ for it, but didn't need it as the wait was 5 minutes. :) Love all of the selfies with the characters! :)

Chip & Dale are always so fun! And I really love character spot, so convenient to meet 3 characters in one shot!

brisk walk to a 10 min wait at Soarin? ... check
Next to no wait to meet the 'munks? ... check
Creepy smile picture? ... check

... off to a great start!

Glad the weather worked out for you and also that you had no issues with FP+. Not that I am an expert or anything but it seems like FP+ is one of those things that if it works for you, you like it. If you have a bunch of technical issues, you don't.

Love the character spot for getting to see 3 of the big 5 for one wait (was even better before when it was all 5 at once, but still not bad). Love the PP of you taking the we-sie with Minnie :goodvibes

Haha yes great start indeed!! You're right about FP+, I can see if it doesn't work that it would be very frustrating. I do still wish character spot at the entire fab 5, but it's still a good deal nonetheless! I'm so glad the photographer caught that moment :)

YAY. As exciting as it is to arrive in Disney on travel day, waking up in Disney for the first time is pretty darn close on the excitement level.

Wow, it's so weird to see long pants and jackets. In September, shorts and T-shirt felt like too many layers, lol.

Cool!! Soarin' and Chipmunks and haven't even used a FP yet.

I actually have a Character Spot booked (I think) for January. Not a lot of options outside of Soarin' and Test Track and Maelstrom closed. I think it's so great that the characters get so into the selfie thing.

Yes, so exciting!! Haha this was definitely one of the cooler days, but don't worry- shorts and tshirts will make an eventual appearance!

Epcot really doesn't have a lot of options, but I didn't mind having that one for Character Spot- just in case the line was long! I love that they do the selfies, and you can tell which characters have perfected how to get into the frame :goodvibes

So glad the weather ended up working for you.

Lots of cute character pictures!

Thank you so much!

I'm glad the rain didn't end up being too much of a hinderance. It always stresses me out when we only have one day in a park on a trip, that either the weather or the crowds (OR BOTH! :scared1:) won't cooperate.

I thoroughly enjoyed all of your character selfies on Instagram, and it's even more fun to see that PP captured some of the selfie action happening. :goodvibes Great start to your morning!

YES! You can plan so many things, but weather and crowds are completely out of your control!

Thank you, I'm glad you liked them all!

I've been looking forward to catching up on your trip! It is off to a great start! Love the selfies! Can't wait to see how the rest of your F&W day goes!

Your travel day sounded like everything went smoothly.

Ahh, waking up in Disney....best feeling!

So glad the rain stayed at just a drizzle and never a down pour.

I really like all the selfie photos, very cute!

Great character photos!

I've been looking forward to catching up on your trip! It is off to a great start! Love the selfies! Can't wait to see how the rest of your F&W day goes!

Thank you so much! :goodvibes Glad you're back here on the boards!

Your travel day sounded like everything went smoothly.

Ahh, waking up in Disney....best feeling!

So glad the rain stayed at just a drizzle and never a down pour.

I really like all the selfie photos, very cute!

Great character photos!

Nothing like waking up in Disney :thumbsup2 Thank you!!

Day 2 - More of Future World

After Character Spot, we headed back to the front of the park to get some PP pics in front of Spaceship Earth.

I love that Olaf showed up in one! And we also got some magic shots.

We then took a trip to the festival center. Our first stop in there was to check out the merchandise. Dad ended up buying a F&W shirt and him and mom also bought a pair of really cute F&W wine glasses! Our second stop was to check out the Ghirardelli sculptutes! They were so cool, I especially loved the villains one!

After that, it was time to use our FP+ for Spaceship Earth. The wait was I think about 20-25 mins so it was definitely a good use of FP!

Once we got off, we took a few more pics before heading to WS!

Were those guys trying to photo bomb my picture??

Up next...time to EAT!

I know they're not Disney characters, but I really like the butterfly Magic Shots. So cute.

HA, an Avatar sculpture.

You really wouldn't think to use a FP for SE normally, but clearly it worked out. :thumbsup2 That's some good Disney planning right there.

Awww that last pic is too precious.

Cute pictures! I love the magic shots. How fun to get one of the photos with Olaf in it!!

great photopass pictures! Love all the magic shots and that Olaf is in one!

The chocolate sculptures are pretty darn cool - love the dragon one :thumbsup2

I know they're not Disney characters, but I really like the butterfly Magic Shots. So cute.

HA, an Avatar sculpture.

You really wouldn't think to use a FP for SE normally, but clearly it worked out. :thumbsup2 That's some good Disney planning right there.

Awww that last pic is too precious.

I agree, I like them too! I didn't think they did them often so I was pleased to be able to get them!

Was definitely glad to have that FP, any time saved is good! :thumbsup2

Cute pictures! I love the magic shots. How fun to get one of the photos with Olaf in it!!

Thank you! Was so happy to see that Olaf shot pop up in our account!

The sculptures are amazing and I love all the great photo pass pictures!

Thank you! I definitely think you would appreciate those sculptures!

great photopass pictures! Love all the magic shots and that Olaf is in one!

The chocolate sculptures are pretty darn cool - love the dragon one :thumbsup2

Thank you! The sculptures really are amazing, so much detail!!

Great pictures! Love the magic shots! :)

Thank you!! :)

Day 2 - Food & Characters!

So full disclaimer..I did not take any food pics :( Sorry for being such a bad DISer on that end! I also have a bunch of pictures that I have no idea where they belong throughout the day haha so I'm just going to be popping them in where I THINK they may have happened. First day at Disney + being with other people had me a little off my game I guess!

We headed into World Showcase and started on the Canada side. The plan was to hit a few booths on this side and then backtrack and head over and begin on the Mexico side. Our plan worked out pretty well! We stopped in Scotland where my parents split the Seared sea scallop with spinach-cheddar gratin and crispy bacon. While they were getting that, I went ahead to Hawaii to get us each a pork slider. Mmm how I had been craving that bad boy, and it did not dissapoint! Our last stop on this side was Canada for some cheddar cheese soup, one of my absolute favorite offerings!

We then made our way back to head towards Canada. We were going to stop and meet Duffy but for some reason he wasn't out, though he was scheduled to be. Hopefully we would catch him later ;)

Our first food stop on this side was Australia so my dad could get the Lamb Chop. When we got to Mexico we decided to ride the Gran Fiesta Tour. I think I had been on this when I was little but have no memory of it so it was pretty much a new experience for me! We waited about 5 minutes before boarding our boat. I thought it was a cute ride!

Once we got off, it only made sense to say hello to Donald! The line was pretty short but we did have to wait for one break.

By the looks of the pictures, it seems we really liked Donald!

We then got to China where we saw Mulan would be coming out within the next five minutes. There was already a long forming and about 10 minutes later we were meeting Mulan! It was nice to cross a character I hadn't met yet off the list!

There was a strange moment during this meet though. Some woman came up and just starting taking pictures of me posing with Mulan. It was even weirder because the PP photographer thought she was with me and was making sure she got the shots. I mean I get wanting to get a picture of the character, but could you not do it while I'm posing with her? :confused3

We then made it to Germany! Meeting Snow White in this location was a top priority. I may have mentioned before that she is mom's favorite princess! She wasn't scheduled to come out for another 15-20 minutes but there was a line already forming so we decided to just wait. We were I think the 4th or 5th group. This Snow White was absolutely adorable! Very in character and friendly :) Something was off with this photographer's camera as the left side of all the pics came out a little blurry!

We then decided it was time for a food break! Dad found us a table while mom and I went and grabbed some food from Singapore (Seared mahi mahi with jasmine rice and “Singa” sauce) and Germany (Schinkennudeln: Pasta gratin with ham and cheese). This is where I have to say that I was really expecting the worst from F&W, going during one of the last days and all. But honestly, the crowds were so manageable! Lines were not nearly as long as I thought they would be, and we always managed to find a seat or table to eat out our food at! Anyway, I thought both of these items were fantastic! The mahi mahi was super tasty and they give you a nice chunk of solid white fish. The Schinkennudeln, though probably just a glorified mac and cheese, was super yummy and hit the spot.

We passed Italy and the American Adventure and found our way to Japan. My friend that was with us turned me on to Green Tea Kit Kats so it was our mission to buy some in the Japan gift shop. We were in luck since they were JUST restocking them, so we each grabbed a bag and waited in line to pay. The line in here was SO long and moved quite slowly unfortunately, but there was no way I was leaving without those babies!

::insert random PP pictures here:: :rotfl:

Up next...More of WS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter