• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Smidgy and the Grump, Freaky Friday, 11-06

NEBO!!!! So glad to see another of your TRs floating around here. :thumbsup2

And I'm with Marisa - you have to time ATL right. I recommend 3am on a Wed. ;)

Hi Princess, missed you. Funny thing is, except for once getting caught in a horrendous back up from an accident south of Atlanta, we've never really had a problem on the drive through it. Yes, everyone goes about 80, but they seem to be good drivers at least. I used to rate the bigger cities that we've driven through, and honestly, the city with the crazyiest, worst drivers we voted on is Nashville. I never like that part of the trip, and it's a real PITA* to just stay on rt. 65 without getting caught in the wrong lane at a split-off. Well, it was the worst driver city. I just replaced it this trip. Coming next chapter.

Long time lurker I'm all on board for this trip report:scared1:

Wow, way cool. I am somebody's first! Redrail, nice to meet you, glad you finally joined the DIS and hope you won't be disappointed.

"There is now way around it and according to her, DEATH will await all who enter it" :scared1: :lmao:
But I did agree to turn on the Weather Channel.
WHile listening to the dour predictions, I did the only thing I could do under the circumstances,
I put my fingers in my ears and ran around the coffee table singing "LA LA LA LA LA". :rotfl:

:wave2:

It's kinda cool reading your trippy knowing I was soon to be there during the same time.
Me & Sis flew down from Jersey on Sat (you can't imagine how tired our arms
were!) Yep that's right ;)
It would have been nice to meet up, we could have shared some icy cold buds and some wings at WL lounge superbowl night.
Next time for sure if we are ever there again at the same time.

I so enjoy your humor :upsidedow

:flower3: Natalie

Natalie, it is a shame we didn['t meet up, if we had to decided to go for sure sooner, I would definately have pestered you about it. Next time, ok?

:rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Great update!:thumbsup2
Hi Emily

Wha-whoo!!! Both Tracy and Rhonda got in trouble for their route!!!

I am blameless... as usual!!! :rolleyes1

On the other hand, I don't think I'm getting enough mentions in this report... :mad: not that I was there, but still...

See? This is what happens when you end up being a passenger most of the time and let Rhonda make all the decisions on the route. Plus, we didn't just miss you checking in like usual and we didn't almost die in a blinding thunderstorm to meet you at French Quarter. But at least your town is well represented, for good or bad.

So gooooood to be reading another Nebo trippie again. :cool1:

Hilarious update dude!

I really needed all these laughs this afternoon! Thank you!!! :worship:
Just doing my job, maam.

:rotfl2:
I say we just blame Mark for the whole thing...then both of us are in the clear! :lmao:

No no no no and, no. Mark didn't send us the directions, and I will give credit about the BW when it's due. But in the meantime you stand up and take your punishment young lady!

good night, see ya's soon
Coming up, "Should Alabama stay in the Union? You be the judge."

* pain in the arsh,,,,,,PITA

Ok, this one is going over my head, a Napolean Dynamite reference?

Jeff Dunham - Absolutely hilarious guy...we have him on Comedy Central alot.

Elivabiff,you have neglected to say where you are from and I on't see it in your profile, but I can imagine how hard that must have been, with the power outages.
After our Alabama , good times, I will never dis on Atlanta again.

OK -now I'm really can't wait to find out what happened. Was it worse than being chased by tornadoes for three hours like we were? Mark kept saying I can't wait to get the next one on video! :scared1: Or did you have a 13 car pile-up like we did (from the storms, but we were not in it thankfully!)

No no no no and, no. Mark didn't send us the directions, and I will give credit about the BW when it's due. But in the meantime you stand up and take your punishment young lady!

:rolleyes1 :dance3: :rolleyes1 Am I reminding you of a bratty teenager yet :laughing:

Are you kidding me???? Me mad at you??? No way Jose!

You have the prettiest blue eyes.

or were those paint shopped in too?

Noooo, I did not have to photoshop the eyes...

only those two know the full extent of my editing, but it did not include the eyes. They both have the bright beautiful eyes you see in the photo :teeth:

Here's a link to Jeff Dunham for you Neebs...

hopefully your puter can play it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47DT41m86N4

Elivabiff,you have neglected to say where you are from and I on't see it in your profile, but I can imagine how hard that must have been, with the power outages.
After our Alabama , good times, I will never dis on Atlanta again.

Gosh I havent been called Elivabiff since.....:scratchin....hmmmm....EVER.

I thought everybody knew that when one is eagerly anticipating a Diet Coke and Snickers it meant you are from the Hoosier state. Specifically the southern portion. Specifically close to LooUhVull, Kentuckeee.

But we live away from the hustle and bustle of the big city. We have horses and that is frowned upon in the downtown LooUhVull area. Unless you have a uniform and a LMPD badge. Sheesh who do they think THEY are???:snooty:

I like it here though. It's peaceful and a great place to raise the babynurse brood.

Here is a picture of what we woke up to the day you were supposed to depart. Snow I can handle. Ice? not so much. argh!

icestorm09017.jpg

Noooo, I did not have to photoshop the eyes...

only those two know the full extent of my editing, but it did not include the eyes. They both have the bright beautiful eyes you see in the photo :teeth:

I know that TW! I was being silly. He made a comment about the teeth being photo shopped in, so I was going with that.

Love your trippies!! I laugh when I think about your "fish" at Rose and Crown!!
Been reading this at work so haven't been able t post. Thought I would say "hi" to you and Smidgy!

:cool1:
1. Oh Boy, it's a guy! Hey, wanna go fishing? 2. Go down to the bar and watch the Mariners Game? 3. We can talk baseball, you glad you got Griffey? 4. I can tell you all about him from his time on the sox last year. 5. Or we can just hang out and fart and burp like guys are supposed to do. 6. Nice to see you again DJay, tell your mom I've got mor vikes if she needs some. 7. Feel free to stop by anytime, just make sure to ask the voices first.
1. Sure, but I won't eat any. I don't like the taste of "see" food.

2. Ok. I'll be the designated driver. You paying for the tab is very promising, although I'll only be drinking soda.

3. I know there's a diamond in that field somewhere, but don't seem to follow a ball being whacked by a stick very much. When did Griffey leave?

4. What about his sox. Don't they get dirty like everyone elses? Oh, by the way, you spelled "S O C K S" wrong.......

5. Sounds more promising. Cherie says i'm getting better and more proficient at burping and farting. I have been able to make heads turn to see where the burp came from, but haven't quite been able to clear a room with a fart yet. Someone else I know has, though.

6. Should I tell my mom or my wife. I think I would benefit more giving them to my wife. I'm not saying she should be on drugs, but ......

100_5040.jpg

Gotta love her...
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

7. Rule of thumb, never ask the voices. Only allow them to tell you what to do.

I know that TW! I was being silly. He made a comment about the teeth being photo shopped in, so I was going with that.

I know that...roll with me, will ya!?

Honestly, I do really well with making folks like photos of themselves...
Smidgy and Neebs had their very own set of photoshop requirements ;)

Jeff Dunham - Absolutely hilarious guy...we have him on Comedy Central alot.

OK -now I'm really can't wait to find out what happened. Was it worse than being chased by tornadoes for three hours like we were? Mark kept saying I can't wait to get the next one on video! :scared1: Or did you have a 13 car pile-up like we did (from the storms, but we were not in it thankfully!)

:rolleyes1 :dance3: :rolleyes1 Am I reminding you of a bratty teenager yet :laughing:

Actually, I have comedy central but never heard of him. I'm still in mourning over George Carlin.
And no, we didn't have anything catastophic happen, just a major annoyance where I wanted to hurt you. :rotfl:

Are you kidding me???? Me mad at you??? No way Jose!

You have the prettiest blue eyes.

or were those paint shopped in too?

Man, i wish it could be that simple, I'd take any other eyes if I could. Even capitol I's. But they aren't blue. Usually on applications and forms I put down "rhuemy".
Is jaundiced a color?
edit answer; yes

Hi Nebo! I'm new to your reports & I love em, i'm subscribing! :cool1:

Hi Disneygirl, climb in, lots of room in the back, just push the cooler over a bit.

WOn't I need a sound card to play it?
Heh heh, man, if you could see the look on your face!
I don't know, I'll go back and try.

Gosh I havent been called Elivabiff since.....:scratchin....hmmmm....EVER.

I thought everybody knew that when one is eagerly anticipating a Diet Coke and Snickers it meant you are from the Hoosier state. Specifically the southern portion. Specifically close to LooUhVull, Kentuckeee.

Here is a picture of what we woke up to the day you were supposed to depart. Snow I can handle. Ice? not so much. argh!

icestorm09017.jpg

Wow, great picture,, looks like Darth Vader, doesn't it? We saw cycles like that hanging from the power lines over Rt. 24, I wanted to put up my umbrella for protection. I also remember staying near you once on a trip back, it suddenly got dark out after we cleared Louie, and ended up getting ripped off at a Super 8 in Scottsborough I believe it was for 60 bucks just to sleep inside one night. I tried to get Smidgy to spend the night in the next rest area, but she wasn't playing. "But what will we have for dinner?"
"Hey baby, vending machines! I'll treat you to some Cheetohs"

Love your trippies!! I laugh when I think about your "fish" at Rose and Crown!!
Been reading this at work so haven't been able t post. Thought I would say "hi" to you and Smidgy!

Hi SUnny, man, the nurses are running wild here. Your right, I will NEVER have a nother dinner like that supposed "fish" at Rose and Crown. I'm still mad at Tiggerwannabe for not hitting me over the head when I ordered it.

:cool1:

1. Sure, but I won't eat any. I don't like the taste of "see" food.
I agree, I prefer "C" food, cheetohs, corndogs, chips,,,,,,,

2. Ok. I'll be the designated driver. You paying for the tab is very promising, although I'll only be drinking soda.
Excuse me? Tab? Boy, the ears are going.

3. I know there's a diamond in that field somewhere, but don't seem to follow a ball being whacked by a stick very much. When did Griffey leave?
simple, he left right when he got the huge contract with the Reds.

4. What about his sox. Don't they get dirty like everyone elses? Oh, by the way, you spelled "S O C K S" wrong.......
No, your thinking of the "Black SOX scandel, they have cleaned up nicely since then, well, except for Ozzie's language.

5. Sounds more promising. Cherie says i'm getting better and more proficient at burping and farting. I have been able to make heads turn to see where the burp came from, but haven't quite been able to clear a room with a fart yet. Someone else I know has, though.
Try the chili-cheese dog at Pecos Bills. It helps me get the whole back of the bus on the way backk to myself.

6. Should I tell my mom or my wife. I think I would benefit more giving them to my wife. I'm not saying she should be on drugs, but ......

100_5040.jpg

Gotta love her...

Please don't ever use the macro button on the camera again!

7. Rule of thumb, never ask the voices. Only allow them to tell you what to do.

I'm WAY past the voices now myself.
Now I get e-mails!

:scared1: Ohhh, if your aren't getting the Jeff Dunham reference you didn't read Jaime's recent trip report :scared1:

I won't tell if you won't:rolleyes1

nebo;30538975 [COLOR="royalblue" said:
I'm WAY past the voices now myself.
Now I get e-mails![/COLOR]

Hey! You invited me.

Didn't you say something about not being technologically advanced? Have you really seen what those e-mails have said?:scared1:

I know that...roll with me, will ya!?

Honestly, I do really well with making folks like photos of themselves...
Smidgy and Neebs had their very own set of photoshop requirements ;)

I'm kinda outta touch with the Nebo fan's. It's been sooooooooooo long sinch he's done one of these you know.

I'm remembering a name or two now.

I'll roll with you.

Hop in with me and Lexy.

I am still along for the ride... as always in my crazy mixed up life... you bring me sunshine...

(ok a lil mushy lol)

Write on my dear friend, Write on!!

Bee:thumbsup2 popcorn::

ok, nebo, STOP picking on TYRY! tracy, he really blames ME for that route, it's just that that you can't make him sleep on the couch and I can!:rotfl: he thinks we took that route to avoid Atlanta,...for ME ! cause he knows I turn into a nervous wreck as we approach any big city.
the ORIGINAL plan was to leave a day earlier, take 3 days instead of 2 to get down there... take our time. NOT leave at 3 AM . sleep in a bit (to Nebo, sleeping in is 6 AM)
then.. "do we really want to spend an evening in a motel in KY or TENN, where it's cold? why not just "press on and spend the extra night in Kissimee, where it's warm?" Ok, we'll still leave a day early and "take our time". but still try the new route through ALA.... no rush.

ok, ice storm hits. delay the trip one day, (why risk impending death:confused3 ). smidgy: now that we are delaying the trip, maybe we should go back to our "usual" plan. leave at 2 or 3 AM, take the route through atlanta. nebo" no, we'll still take the alabama route."

when I got home from work that wed.(or was it tues?)not knowing ifwe are leaving the next AM. I packed up the santa fe as IF we were. (and that car sat there in the driveway for 24 hours, all packed up, with no where to go!:scared1: ) even the car was confused! so we lied around on the couch the whole next day (weather was great by us:confused3 ) with the car all packed, ready to go. Times awasting! tick...tock..tick..tock.....every hour it chirps! WE have a Bird clock. it doesn't really chirp... the batteries are low, so it just kinda...upchucks... on the hour.. could be an owl, could be a robin, you're not really sure.)
so we delay the trip because of the ice storm , but stick to the original route
BEFORE the delay, the route we were going to take when we were even taking 3 days down. (taking our time) BEFORE we changed that plan.
understand? we went from : 1) not in a hurry at all. to" 2)ok let's hurry and get where it's warm.. to..3) we're a day behind!:scared1: but.....
nebo, "no, we'll still take the same route" and THAT is how Tyry and I get blamed for all that ensues!!!;)
still love me honey?:hug:
and the carnage going through Padukah proved me right, for delaying the trip. passing by the semi that had crashed head on into a tree (not to mention the numerous cars in the ditches, or black marks, where the cars HAD gone off the road). and the trees threatening to fall on us at any second and the power lines!!!! hanging over 24, I wasn't sure our SUV would fit under them! but even approaching Nashville,where there were no longer any ice problems I said, we can still stay on 24 and take our origianal route!!! get down there quicker. nebo says, now we'll stick to the plan.,go through alabama.
and that's Smidgy's version. of that first day.:rolleyes1
but I'm sure nebo will correct me....:rotfl: after all, it IS HIS trip report!
(um, DJ, ever run into this? dif versions of the same trip?.. and cherie.. can I sleep on your couch?:rotfl2: )

this is a song Nebo sings GREAT!! at karaoke. but as you Nebo fans know, he really isn't a "roll with the flow" kinda guy. he likes a plan, and once he makes a plan, he likes to stick with it. he's a GREAT planner, which is the reason our trips are so successful. all you dissers know, without a plan at Disney, you're dead meat. and he's VERY good at it.
darn ice storm screwed up the plan....

(um, DJ, ever run into this? dif versions of the same trip?.. and cherie.. can I sleep on your couch?:rotfl2: )

:rotfl2: We seem to have different versions of everything............

Diane, you can sleep on our couch anytime! heck, I'll kick one of the kids out of their bed and you can sleep there!:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter