• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SMASH thread!

SPOILER Just saw this, it talks about Season 2 and who won't be back!!!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/22/smash-ellis-dev/

yay on Ellis. Completely unlikeable!!
Boo-ish on Dev. A thousand and one nights is probably my favorite non-show number, but after Ivy I don't see how they could bring him back. But i still don't want to see Karen with Derek... I am still holding out hope for me and Derek. lol!!!

Am I the only one who cheered when Christian Borle won the Tony for "Peter and the Starcatchers"??????

...another fan here....:hyper:

I cheered for him, too, when he won.
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

People might want to check out the new TV show on ABC Family called Bunheads. It premiered last night. It is about a Vegas showgirl, Sutton Foster, (of many Broadway shows & 2 time Tony winner,) moving to a small town, in basically nowhere, and having to deal with her MIL, Kelly Bishop, (also ex-Broadway star,) who used to be a prima ballerina and owns a ballet studio with a lot of teen girls.

So far, the show looks interesting. It has a lot of dance & theatre references. So Smash viewers may be interested to watch. popcorn::

There is also a Bunhead thread already here on the DIS. :surfweb:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2941191

Just felt like sharing...
My DD9 DOESN'T watch the show with me, but I have a few of the songs on the itunes, and now she's walking around the house singing the chorus of A Thousand and One Nights. lol!

I cheered for him, too, when he won.
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

People might want to check out the new TV show on ABC Family called Bunheads. It premiered last night. It is about a Vegas showgirl, Sutton Foster, (of many Broadway shows & 2 time Tony winner,) moving to a small town, in basically nowhere, and having to deal with her MIL, Kelly Bishop, (also ex-Broadway star,) who used to be a prima ballerina and owns a ballet studio with a lot of teen girls.

So far, the show looks interesting. It has a lot of dance & theatre references. So Smash viewers may be interested to watch. popcorn::

There is also a Bunhead thread already here on the DIS. :surfweb:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2941191

Kelly Bishop was the mother-grandmother on Gilmore Girls! Cool!

Kelly Bishop was the mother-grandmother on Gilmore Girls! Cool!

There is a teen girl, one of the ballet students, who is a dead ringer for young Ivy. She even is growing the bigger "girls" that Ivy has. I'm sure she was cast because of that.

We weren't able to watch the series because of all the rehearsals during the school year. Now that it's summer, we are getting around to watching the show. OH.MY.GOODNESS!! We LOVE it! What a loaded cast!! I'm only on episode 5, but my theatre nerd daughter finished the entire season in two days.

There is a teen girl, one of the ballet students, who is a dead ringer for young Ivy. She even is growing the bigger "girls" that Ivy has. I'm sure she was cast because of that.

I saw that...she really looks like her!

That's her. Every time I see her in Bunheads, I see Megan's face for a split second in my mind, and then I think, "Oh, yeah - wrong show."

Yes, that's her. But, that, and the casting of Broadway stars & real dancers are pretty much where the similarity ends. The shows are very different in style, writing & acting. Don't expect to find a summer replacement for Smash, with the sophisticated complexity and twists & turns and asking why would Dev or Derek do some of the things they did - which we did on this thread. It's more like the time period of Ivy before she grew up and moved to NYC. But, the show is not centered around that Ivy look-alike.

Bunhead is lighter and fluffier. It would be like expecting to see Batman: The Dark Knight, and finding out you are watching Batman, the campy, fluffy TV series from the '60s with Adam West as Batman. (Which I liked - but is way different.)

Bunhead, is different. It's still setting up it's premise & needs to find it's feet and determine it's target demographic audience. It does have some touching moments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter