slo's Monday poll - Starbucks vs Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Starbucks vs Dunkin Donuts Coffee - What's Your Choice??

• Neither - I will buy gas station coffee

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Liked McDonalds coffee! The McDonalds where I bought mine replaced by another restaurant so now forced to pay huge dollars at Starbucks for their coffee which is tolerable. Still better than Dunkin Donuts.

We had to endure Dunkin on our recent journey Up North
So bitter
Much prefer Starbucks
In Louisiana we have a competing chain whose coffee is as good as Starbucks and we drink that coffe a lot..CC's
community Coffee
Their coffee houses are as nice/ nicer than Starbucks

I've never had DD because we don't have any around here, so I guess I'd pick Starbucks by default. I rarely go to Starbucks though, maybe a few times a year.

Starbucks is total SWILL.

My vote goes to DD.

(PS: McCafe at McDonalds will work in a pinch! And, that stuff is fully leaded and octane fortified)

I vote Dutch Bros. No DD here and Starbucks is nasty. The only thing I like at Starbucks is their overpriced fraps. But most of them I can make better and cheaper at home.

I seldom get take-out coffee, but I mostly drink Starbucks K-cups at home. I walked into a Dunkin' Donuts for the first time in years last week for a bagel & coffee. The bagel wasn't very good, and the coffee didn't have much taste. On the rare occasions I need a take-out coffee, I'll stop at Starbucks.

Forgot to say I don't buy coffee out that often and even less now that I found out how to make iced carmel coffee at home even my daughters like it. And DD17 said she will take my iced coffee to school instead of her paying for Starbucks. I made a thread about my iced caramel coffee not to long ago with the recipe. I used Folgers coffee and Hershey's caramel syrup.

Since the question was if I HAD to buy one or the other, I guess it would be Dunkin' Donuts as I imagine that would be less expensive maybe?

I don't drink coffee from either one, mostly just drink it at home. Occasionally order it in a restaurant, but if we happen to go for breakfast to McD's or Burger King I usually just order Diet Coke.

I like both for different reasons. I like the Cinnamon Dulce at Starbucks but for everyday coffee I get DD. (Coconut with skim milk and a little sugar :) )

I've only had Dunkin from a K-cup and didn't care for it. Starbucks is just awful.

Ok, all of you DD people, please help me understand. Help me understand how you can drink DD coffee. Or even be half way satisfied by any item, food or beverage, that DD sells. I am from the south but have been with my NY'er husband for 6 years now. I have given DD so many chances...SO MANY...in different states, at different times of the year...I just keep trying everything they offer in hopes that SOMETHING will not totally blow and be a waste of money.

I realized a few months ago that it's just never going to happen.

Their coffee is TERRIBLE, their syrups taste absolutely revolting, too sweet and artificial - the "French vanilla" syrup tastes like I would imagine French vanilla Chapstick would taste. Same with caramel and the seasonal syrups. Their donuts are cold and stale, always. Their sandwiches are tasteless and microwaved. The only thing that is even passable are the hash rounds. I have never, in six years, finished a single coffee beverage from DD. Even a small size goes in the trash. And those coolatta things?! :scared: Please tell me what I am missing?!?!

Side note: I don't like buying Starbucks either because it's insanely expensive, but I can at least drink their expensive coffee and not throw it away in disgust...

Ok, all of you DD people, please help me understand. Help me understand how you can drink DD coffee. Or even be half way satisfied by any item, food or beverage, that DD sells. I am from the south but have been with my NY'er husband for 6 years now. I have given DD so many chances...SO MANY...in different states, at different times of the year...I just keep trying everything they offer in hopes that SOMETHING will not totally blow and be a waste of money.

I realized a few months ago that it's just never going to happen.

Their coffee is TERRIBLE, their syrups taste absolutely revolting, too sweet and artificial - the "French vanilla" syrup tastes like I would imagine French vanilla Chapstick would taste. Same with caramel and the seasonal syrups. Their donuts are cold and stale, always. Their sandwiches are tasteless and microwaved. The only thing that is even passable are the hash rounds. I have never, in six years, finished a single coffee beverage from DD. Even a small size goes in the trash. And those coolatta things?! :scared: Please tell me what I am missing?!?!

Side note: I don't like buying Starbucks either because it's insanely expensive, but I can at least drink their expensive coffee and not throw it away in disgust...

It's just personal taste. Dang. Different people like different things. A lot of people where I live love White Castle. I gag at the smell because I wasn't raised around it. It's one of those acquired tastes.

I can't drink Starbucks because it always tastes burned to me.

For what it's worth - the only thing I won't eat at Dunkin's is the hash rounds. They're greasy and nasty.

Where's the Tim Hortons choice? lol

Starbucks for me. Although when I am home it is Tim Hortons.

I like my Maxwell regular but if I go out to get coffee it's usually McDonald's. :)

Does the blonde roast at Starbucks taste burned to some of you too? This non-coffee drinker is just curious.

DH will drink coffee virtually anywhere including Starbucks since he found the blonde roast. I can't go by him.

I voted for Starbucks. I like dunkin donuts kcups but don't buy at their stores because they don't have non dairy creamer. I HATE dairy products

I would take my $4, and get 4 coffees elsewhere instead of using it all on one. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter