Sister Wives

The divorce was final around Christmas last year. The marriage happened sometime in Jan. Have they made any progress with Kody's adoption of Robin's kids? They have a very big hurdle of convincing the kids Dad to sever his relationship with those kids.

I think that Meri's reaction to the divorce was very telling. She can say their "spiritual marriage" will always be the same as many times as she wants, but her face and reactions are telling a very different story. She understands that she will no longer have the "I'm the only LEGAL wife" status and that it will bring changes to the relationship, whether she wants to admit it or not. I will say that I like that Kody was adamant that the legal marriage to Robyn was not to be a celebration/wedding because they already did that several years ago. I think he was trying to be as sensitive as possible to the feelings of his other wives.

I'm still annoyed by this whole situation with trying to adopt Robyn's kids though. I understand that the bio dad isn't super dad (at least from what I've "heard") but what makes them think that he would willingly give up his children? I thought the kids still saw him. I'm confused by this whole scenario.

When Jenelle came to Meri to talk about the possibility of going to see their therapist together and working on their relationship, I didn't like Meri's attitude. I guess I'm missing things here in their relationship because I knew they didn't get along all that well, but Meri was acting like she was completely uninterested. I feel like she has checked out of this whole marriage/relationship completely.

Something is up with Janelle too. First Cody going to her house and having a talk-very scripted and then Janelle and Meri.
Meri did say she has been with a Therapist and maybe both have been going and the show wanted drama, so they had the confrontation at Meri's house. Janelle just seemed really broken up about it, during her sit down interview.

I don't think their show room is big enough........
Ha!
Kleinfeld's will just clear more space, grab more sofas. Same thing as when the Duggars rolled in, except she'll choose much prettier gowns.
Do we have to wait until all the moms cry before we know the dress is "the one?" :laughing:

I'm still annoyed by this whole situation with trying to adopt Robyn's kids though. I understand that the bio dad isn't super dad (at least from what I've "heard") but what makes them think that he would willingly give up his children? I thought the kids still saw him. I'm confused by this whole scenario.

I agree. That still makes no sense to me. Nobody in their right mind would go through with a legal divorce and marriage like that on the HOPE that they might talk the dad into giving up his kids. Either they have more information that hasn't been shared on the show, or they're even dumber than I thought. Well, or Meri has plans to leave the family.

I don't follow Say Yes to the Dress very closely. Can somebody post it here when the show will air? Sounds interesting!

The divorce was final around Christmas last year. The marriage happened sometime in Jan. Have they made any progress with Kody's adoption of Robin's kids? They have a very big hurdle of convincing the kids Dad to sever his relationship with those kids.

Not that it matters but I think that it as earlier than that. The document that Meri had on her computers showed that it was received Sept 17, 2014. Meri said it had been about 2 weeks.

The preview showed them talking about adoption and the Christmas tree was still up. I assume they wouldn't bring it up until they were married. I'm actually surprised that they told the kids until the adoption until it was final.

So who is surprised that once Meri finally made up her mind about wanting to be a witness at Kody and Robyn's wedding that Kody then put his foot down and said no?

That really reminded me of when he pushed Meri for an answer on whether she wanted to pursue infertility treatment, then put his foot down as soon as she made up her mind.

I really hope the divorce and her newly empty nest give her the nudge she needs to move on.

I had the craziest thought this morning-I wonder which address Cody uses as his legal residence. Betcha any money we all know which wife's address he uses!

News story out today that Meri was caught having a online affair ( with texts, photos and a voicemail recording) and it turned out to be a women pretending to be a man . There was even Twitter pics of Meri and the women posing as this mans friend together at Disneyland! What a train wreck.. I wonder how the show will address the issue ?

News story out today that Meri was caught having a online affair ( with texts, photos and a voicemail recording) and it turned out to be a women pretending to be a man . There was even Twitter pics of Meri and the women posing as this mans friend together at Disneyland! What a train wreck.. I wonder how the show will address the issue ?
Oh heck no, Meri would just bawl all the way thru the episode.

What did everyone think of Christine and Cody's anniversary weekend. I kept thinking that he would of never treated Robin the way he treated Christine. He treats Robin as an individual person, and poor Christine and just part of the whole family structure. I think he even said something to that effect, "love all the family, and then I will love you."

I thought their anniversay weekend was horrible. Cody made it about the family instead of about her. And I get they're this one big famly but still each wife needs to have "special" time and feel loved and cared for as an individual, imo. I thought it was just terrible for him to totally disregard Christine while building the rock tower and then telling her love the family then I'll love you.

I think that Kody has lost sight of the plural marriage concept he has tried to promote since the show began. He is definitely not doing a good job of balancing his wives and family. I felt really bad for Christine, especially since it seems like she is being very open with him and the counselor about her feelings and issues in their marriage.

I sort of understood what Cody was saying. He had an established family with two wives and other children before Christine became wife #3. He wasn't and isn't interested in having individual relationships-it's about building a single family. It's not for me and I wouldn't live like that, but I can understand the concept.

The whole weekend was awkward. I would have hated every minute of it, especially the rock building task. I do agree that he treates Robin as an individual and very different than the other wives.

Did I hear correctly that Robin ex still sees the kids. Why would any man agree to let another man adopt his kids when he still sees them?

As far as the thing about Meri, I think that ended up not being true.

Did I hear correctly that Robin ex still sees the kids. Why would any man agree to let another man adopt his kids when he still sees them?

So the voicemails were fake? They sound exactly like her.

Some men will do it to get out of child support and situations with college tuition etc. Just because you let someone legally adopt your kids doesn't mean you can't have a relationship with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter