Sister Wives

I've been watching since the begining and there clearly has been a shift in the family. I was heart broken when Cody was talking about doing better by the little kids. If I was one of his older daughters and heard him say that I'd wonder if he just doesn't want to change and have a relationship with me since he is trying with the little ones. The older daughters have even said in the talking heads that they feel like they didn't really bond with their dad but everyone passes it off as it is too hard for daughters and dads to bond. I guess they have never heard of a daddy's girl.

I've been watching since the begining and there clearly has been a shift in the family. I was heart broken when Cody was talking about doing better by the little kids. If I was one of his older daughters and heard him say that I'd wonder if he just doesn't want to change and have a relationship with me since he is trying with the little ones. The older daughters have even said in the talking heads that they feel like they didn't really bond with their dad but everyone passes it off as it is too hard for daughters and dads to bond. I guess they have never heard of a daddy's girl.

I cringe when I hear that too. When someone admits to not having bonded with one or more of their kids, it's time to STOP having kids. You're either bad at it or are spread too thin. Or both.

Some men will do it to get out of child support and situations with college tuition etc. Just because you let someone legally adopt your kids doesn't mean you can't have a relationship with them.

In some states you can still be on the hook for CS even if you give up your rights, especially if you are already paying.

Well, I watched this week's episode and just ugh. Robyn's daughter was referring to her bio father by his first name. I mean, maybe there is a lot more to the story than we are seeing, but I just find that strange. And I guess they are planning on visitations and all that? I don't know. I have a hard time with this entire situation for some reason. Maybe it's because I cannot imagine asking my son's father to give up his rights to his son. they don't have a great relationship and don't see each other often even though we live within 15 minutes of each other, yet I know that they are still bonded in a way.

Meri just seems so disconnected from the rest of the family and it looks like she is miserable all the time. During the sit downs, she is looking down, legs crossed and does not seem at all engaged in the conversation or the people. It's strange.

Meri claims she got the divorce so they could get the kids but then she looked absolutely miserable when she found out their dad signed the papers. She didn't even seem a little happy about it.

I know they care a lot about Robyn's oldest son (Dylan? his name is escaping me right now) but I really wish they would give him more time to process things instead of continuously asking him how he feels.

I hope the bio-dad didn't feel pressured into this. I can't believe how much they kept at it and at it and at it to get it done as quickly as possible.

This bio Dad's signature just seems a little "too TV perfect". Signing the rights away to your kids is a BIG deal. Does a Judge have to approve this? If it is this easy, seems like a lot of people who no longer want to pay child support would just "sign" away their rights.

I don't think the kids are old enough to grasp what he is doing. When they hit their 20's, the whole "my Dad abandoned me" feeling may kick in.

Dad signing is only the first step. Now they have to petition the court in Nevada. I too wish they would let Dayton have more time to process all this. I think Robyn needs to process it too...she seemed a bit sad about it. Just realized that she was married to a Jessup right? The kids changing their names to Brown is probably a good thing.

I don't Robin oldest son was okay with it at all. How could anyone be okay with ther dad "giving" them away. Dayton spent a lot of time with his dad or we were lead to think that.

Robyn seems to be the only wife that is happy with this family dynamic. I thought sure that Meri would be gone pretty quickly after the divorce was final. Christine and Janelle both seem unhappy most of the time. Actually Kody seems to be the only happy one - to him it's all about having lots of kids...that he pops in and out to see and doesn't really have to take care of.

Meri seems to genuine like the kids. She does give them warm hugs.

Robyn's oldest daughter in my opinion was not crying happy tears. I think she is has mixed feelings and her crying was just off.

I just cannot like Robyn at all, everything revolves around her wants and needs--the adoption of her children, "My Sisters Wives Closet" and if she doesn't get her way, it is tears or pouting....with each episode that passes, she seems to have more and more say in what happens.
Wish the other 3, Meri, Janelle and Christine would bail on this plural marriage as it seems to becoming more and more a marriage between Kody and Robyn only

I just cannot like Robyn at all, everything revolves around her wants and needs--the adoption of her children, "My Sisters Wives Closet" and if she doesn't get her way, it is tears or pouting....with each episode that passes, she seems to have more and more say in what happens.
Wish the other 3, Meri, Janelle and Christine would bail on this plural marriage as it seems to becoming more and more a marriage between Kody and Robyn only

I'm feeling more and more this way as well.

beyond the ramifications of no longer having a plural marriage-I think kody would be in for the shock of his life when he was faced with the reality of not having Meri, Janelle and Christine who seem to do so much more for the family than Robyn. kody talks about how hard it is to provide for/support that many people-what he doesn't take into consideration is how much the non robyn wives contribute. he wouldn't be able to take off on dates/vacations, pursue these crazy business pursuits....if it weren't for the financial contributions through employment and child care the other wives have historically provided. robyn just sits around and dreams of being a 'designer' while the other wives are expected to do the packaging and bookkeeping....at the same time they are working outside the home or providing child care for robyn's ever increasing herd of kids.

kodi talks a good game of how successful their website sales are but if you've ever been to the site it becomes very apparent it's just a flea market of junk w/a smattering of overpriced 'high quality' jewelry robyn has 'designed' (looks just like a lot of low end junk from the mall). I suspect the brown family's finances are always a house of cards-and if one or more of the non robyn wives takes their cards and leaves the whole mess will come tumbling down.

And then they can finally put this train wreck of a show out of its miserable existence.

I listened to those voice messages. Made me feel very sad for Meri. She's clearly more than ready to find something better than that idiot Kody and I feel bad that she was catfished and so publicly. I hope she can get out and find a new life - with someone who loves her.
I listened to them too, all I could think about is what kind of sick and demented person would do this to another human? It was just pitiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter