Singles Social Club: It's Always 5 o'clock here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was your trip? Besides the movie what else did you do? Are you planning to come down for the Oct meet?

My trip was great...I needed to release some stress before the stress of moving into the house started. by the way house update: the house is supposed to be done by the end of the month. right now they are painting the walls and tonight we have to pick out carpet for the 3 floors. all of the bathroom floors are in and the fixtures are going in this weekend. the kitchen is the next big thing they will be working on next week. as for my room, it is in my favorite colors of lilac and purple and of course my room would not be complete without.....wait for it.....Jessica Rabbit! I ordered the statue while I was in Disney and they are shipping it next week. I was texting TDB and told her there would be a shrine to my favorite vixen, so there's my Disney touch to my room!

Anyway, so my trip started out with my bffs at the bodybuilding expo as always and after that it was on to eating. just so the resident pyrate and prince don't get mad, I did get the timeshare from my kryptonite and it was great. so no park time with the guys but we did go to DTD and spend some time in Raglan Rd for some adult bevies...
so Monday I "moved" into my room POR....a princess room!!!! OMG it was awesome!! one of my bff's went with me only because he wanted to see my reaction to the room...all I could say was WOW!!!!! every time I saw something new. I have to say I will stay there every time from now on...I loved the room and just so you know, if you want to stay there, it's not girly in the sense of colors, it's very regal with burgundy, navy blue and gold so the boys can enjoy it too. the best part....the headboard lights up with fireworks when you push a button!!!!! so every night before I went to bed, I would have my own fireworks display.
Ok, enough on my room, I treated my bff to dinner at Whispering Canyon and lunch at Le Cellier (yeah I'm that awesome). he had never eaten at either place and he was floored. I really did enjoy WC...even with the ketchup bit, the food was good and our server was from Jersey (holla!!). and we all know how great Le Cellier is....
so I ditched him and had the rest of my week to myself, I renewed my AP and wandered the parks, took some good artistic shots, went to two character meals (didn't plan it that way but it happened) and did the Fantasmic dinner show. I did go to US one day just because I hadn't been there in years...not too bad but I will tell you I am in LOVE with butterbeer!! OMG they should bottle that and sell it!
I will say I should have some good karma coming back to me, I was a wealth of info to several people throughout the resorts and parks.
also, here's a question to my single friends with kids.....why do parents keep their kids up super late and let them have meltdowns in the middle of the happiest place on earth??! I spent most of my trip mocking those parents that had screaming children. :rotfl2: there was one family in the CS area of POR who had a daughter that SCREAMED for 20 minutes....20 minutes!!! how do you do that and why would you want to ruin it for everyone else around you...
anyway, as DC so wonderfully shared, I did have my dole whip, among many other fine beverages...I had a CM sing to me for my birthday at Garden Grill and bonus for me, I got to ride Soarin' without waiting online....

Think I'm gonna break this up to make it easier to reply too....

My trip was great...I needed to release some stress before the stress of moving into the house started. by the way house update: the house is supposed to be done by the end of the month. right now they are painting the walls and tonight we have to pick out carpet for the 3 floors. all of the bathroom floors are in and the fixtures are going in this weekend. the kitchen is the next big thing they will be working on next week. as for my room, it is in my favorite colors of lilac and purple and of course my room would not be complete without.....wait for it.....Jessica Rabbit! I ordered the statue while I was in Disney and they are shipping it next week. I was texting TDB and told her there would be a shrine to my favorite vixen, so there's my Disney touch to my room!

What?? No secret passage to a Disney room?? :sad2:

Anyway, so my trip started out with my bffs at the bodybuilding expo as always and after that it was on to eating. just so the resident pyrate and prince don't get mad, I did get the timeshare from my kryptonite and it was great. so no park time with the guys but we did go to DTD and spend some time in Raglan Rd for some adult bevies...

Seriously.... Isn't the timeshare AWESOME?! And Adult Bevies are always a good thing. I could really use some right about now. (Damn having to wait till October to get my La Cava Margarita fix!)

so Monday I "moved" into my room POR....a princess room!!!! OMG it was awesome!! one of my bff's went with me only because he wanted to see my reaction to the room...all I could say was WOW!!!!! every time I saw something new. I have to say I will stay there every time from now on...I loved the room and just so you know, if you want to stay there, it's not girly in the sense of colors, it's very regal with burgundy, navy blue and gold so the boys can enjoy it too. the best part....the headboard lights up with fireworks when you push a button!!!!! so every night before I went to bed, I would have my own fireworks display.

You know, There are much less expensive ways than staying in a onsite princess room to see Fireworks every night when you go to bed ;)

Ok, enough on my room, I treated my bff to dinner at Whispering Canyon and lunch at Le Cellier (yeah I'm that awesome). he had never eaten at either place and he was floored. I really did enjoy WC...even with the ketchup bit, the food was good and our server was from Jersey (holla!!). and we all know how great Le Cellier is....
so I ditched him and had the rest of my week to myself, I renewed my AP and wandered the parks, took some good artistic shots, went to two character meals (didn't plan it that way but it happened) and did the Fantasmic dinner show. I did go to US one day just because I hadn't been there in years...not too bad but I will tell you I am in LOVE with butterbeer!! OMG they should bottle that and sell it!

You should hit US with me sometime. I know my way around those parks pretty well.... and I also can't wait to hit Halloween Horror Nights this October. Thinking i may just go 2 nights this year so I have more time to enjoy the place.

And from what I hear, There is a nice butterscotch adult Bevie over at Mythos that tastes just like the Butterbeer, only with built in adult bevie goodness! :goodvibes:goodvibes

I will say I should have some good karma coming back to me, I was a wealth of info to several people throughout the resorts and parks.
also, here's a question to my single friends with kids.....why do parents keep their kids up super late and let them have meltdowns in the middle of the happiest place on earth??! I spent most of my trip mocking those parents that had screaming children. :rotfl2: there was one family in the CS area of POR who had a daughter that SCREAMED for 20 minutes....20 minutes!!! how do you do that and why would you want to ruin it for everyone else around you...

No experience bringing a kid to Disney yet.... But I'm of the belief that one of the primary causes of that are parents who either didn't go to Disney for their kids enjoyment (as in... I brought you here so you will enjoy every single thing here dammit!), or who put the $$$ and time constraints above their kid's enjoyment (We only have x number of days to see everything, and we are going to do that! or.... I spent major $$$ to bring you here, so dammit you are going to see and do everything we can!).

I'll also admit that some times the screaming kids could be suffering from stimulus overload, normal kid attention getting tricks, or just complaining because they can't get the food/drink they are used to.

BUT..... still think it's because too many parents bringing their kids to Disney completely forget/ignore their kids usual schedules and habits while on vacation and that kids aren't always as flexible when tired/hungry/miserable due to Florida Weather as we might be.

anyway, as DC so wonderfully shared, I did have my dole whip, among many other fine beverages...I had a CM sing to me for my birthday at Garden Grill and bonus for me, I got to ride Soarin' without waiting online....

I seriously need to get me a Dole Whip. I think I'm starting to suffer withdrawals....

It sounds like a fantastic time. The princess room sounds great, and to have your own personal fireworks show, amazing. It seems like you were able to relax and enjoy your trip.

When I bring my son,who is now eight, I know when he has had enough. I don't let it get to the point of a breakdown. Last year when were in the MK we were going to watch Wishes. He looked at me as the show started, and said he was tired and wanted to leave. We left and I watch the show waiting for the bus back to POP.

Think I'm gonna break this up to make it easier to reply too....

What?? No secret passage to a Disney room?? :sad2:

Seriously.... Isn't the timeshare AWESOME?! And Adult Bevies are always a good thing. I could really use some right about now. (Damn having to wait till October to get my La Cava Margarita fix!)

You know, There are much less expensive ways than staying in a onsite princess room to see Fireworks every night when you go to bed ;)

You should hit US with me sometime. I know my way around those parks pretty well.... and I also can't wait to hit Halloween Horror Nights this October. Thinking i may just go 2 nights this year so I have more time to enjoy the place.

And from what I hear, There is a nice butterscotch adult Bevie over at Mythos that tastes just like the Butterbeer, only with built in adult bevie goodness! :goodvibes:goodvibes

No experience bringing a kid to Disney yet.... But I'm of the belief that one of the primary causes of that are parents who either didn't go to Disney for their kids enjoyment (as in... I brought you here so you will enjoy every single thing here dammit!), or who put the $$$ and time constraints above their kid's enjoyment (We only have x number of days to see everything, and we are going to do that! or.... I spent major $$$ to bring you here, so dammit you are going to see and do everything we can!).

I'll also admit that some times the screaming kids could be suffering from stimulus overload, normal kid attention getting tricks, or just complaining because they can't get the food/drink they are used to.

BUT..... still think it's because too many parents bringing their kids to Disney completely forget/ignore their kids usual schedules and habits while on vacation and that kids aren't always as flexible when tired/hungry/miserable due to Florida Weather as we might be.

I seriously need to get me a Dole Whip. I think I'm starting to suffer withdrawals....

Now you have me thinking about the cucumber margarita. I love them and we will have to at least one in October.

I just returned from my son's baseball game. It was so cold. I had a winter coat, hat, gloves, and a blanket on, something that is I find totally unacceptable in May.

Just had to say I knew that I wanted to at least wait till my son was potty trained to take him to Disney. My own selfishness there I guess. Didn't want to carry diapers and all that. As it turned out I didn't get to take him till he was 8. Then we got annual passes and started making mulitple trips each year when he was twelve. I can't tell you how many times I've seen kids having meltdowns and looked at my DS and said boy am I glad we waited till you were older to come here. Not to say you have to wait till they're older but when they've had it for the day it's time to go back to the hotel.
The princess room sounds awesome! I've seen pics. They look great. DS and I stayed in one of the pirate rooms a couple years ago. Loved it. The new Art of Animation rooms look great too. I'm hoping to get down there in Oct. and would love to stay there.
Still haven't gotten to US and Harry Potter. Trying to find a way and time to get DS ( now college junior) down there with me.

Now you have me thinking about the cucumber margarita. I love them and we will have to at least one in October.

I just returned from my son's baseball game. It was so cold. I had a winter coat, hat, gloves, and a blanket on, something that is I find totally unacceptable in May.

I'll take pretty much anything on the menu there. I usually end up having at least 4 or 5 of them a trip and seldom do more than 1 of a single flavor. :)

I'll take pretty much anything on the menu there. I usually end up having at least 4 or 5 of them a trip and seldom do more than 1 of a single flavor. :)

I love the avocado margarita, in fact I will be in Epcot in a couple weeks and surely will have a few!

I was thinking pretty much the same thing, but you beat me to it.

I'm guessing she just hasn't spent time with the right Prince or Pyrate..pirate::cool1:

I love the avocado margarita, in fact I will be in Epcot in a couple weeks and surely will have a few!

Something I've discovered.... a La Cava Margarita (or 2) followed by a ride on maelstrom is WAY more enjoyable than it has any right to be. :rotfl:

I'm guessing she just hasn't spent time with the right Prince or Pyrate..pirate::cool1:

guess not...

ok, both of you have issues!
and for the record I don't think there is the right Prince or Pyrate for me....just sayin'...

and for the record I don't think there is the right Prince or Pyrate for me....just sayin'...

Princess then? ;)

:rotfl:

And we never said a right "Long term" Prince or Pyrate. I'm sure there is one out there that could provide some fireworks without the long-term headaches.
;)

It doesn't take much to convince me. I think I might try more than one the next time I am there;)

I will need to try that one.

You will find your Prince or Pyrate. There really are some fantastic guys out there. Good luck!

even with issues, the Prince is one of the best guys you'll ever meet.. me... well I'm The Pyrate, and ya know ya love me..::yes:::lovestruc:hug::love:
pirate:

even with issues, the Prince is one of the best guys you'll ever meet.. me... well I'm The Pyrate, and ya know ya love me..::yes:::lovestruc:hug::love:
pirate:

I personally have never met the prince, but can say that despite his pirate ways the Pyrate is a good guy! But still The Pyrate.

I personally have never met the prince, but can say that despite his pirate ways the Pyrate is a good guy! But still The Pyrate.

geez, I thought ya promised not to tell anyone I was A GOOD GUY...:scared1:

How are you princess, are you going to try to make the east coast meet this summer

I don't know, running really low on vacation time, but i'll be at the Oct meet no doubt!

unfortunately I don't think I'll be making the OCtober meet, unless I move to orlando by then, otherwise I'm looking at a december visit to florida

Happy Friday! Almost Saturday! Was just thinking how, if plans had worked out, I would have been at DW last weekend. But had plenty to do here so things worked out well. Hope everyone has a great weekend, and happy Mother's Day to all the Moms!

Happy Friday! Almost Saturday! Was just thinking how, if plans had worked out, I would have been at DW last weekend. But had plenty to do here so things worked out well. Hope everyone has a great weekend, and happy Mother's Day to all the Moms!

Glad to hear the weekend is good, and thanks for the Mother's day props:goodvibes!! I am ready for Disney, but will take galveston tomorrow, especially because I am doing moody gardens! I hope everyone has a great weekend!:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter