Singles Social Club: It's Always 5 o'clock here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be up for a west coast meet sometime. Probably not in June though..

Definitely not June probably not July or August. Summer is too hot/crowded for my liking. haha. Thinking maybe September if anyone would be interested.

I am completely out of vacation time sadly, somehow I went from starting the year with almost no plans to having 2 (possibly 3) planned Disney trips, a ski/Denver trip, a trip to the Virgin Islands, and a cruise. :smokin:

Wow! Wish I could afford to travel like that!

I am completely out of vacation time sadly, somehow I went from starting the year with almost no plans to having 2 (possibly 3) planned Disney trips, a ski/Denver trip, a trip to the Virgin Islands, and a cruise. :smokin:

You suck....

I am going to WDW June 1. I want to go to Comic Con but I don't think I can handle two trips this summer with another solo trip in October. I hate money.

I love money.... i can never seem to get enough of it though.

you didn't save any time to come to the east coast meet..???:(pirate::sad2:

Maybe. I know the Diva is currently at Disney (She's taunting me with Dole Whip texts!).... so I'd expect her to chime in when she gets back.

What about you other East Coaster's (And I guess I should also include Texas and other central US peeps who'd like to attend...)? Any preferences on WHEN to do the regional meet this summer? Or ideas on what you'd like to do?

I'm here!! As for taunting you....I was just thinking about my PA men and wanted to share with you

Hello everyone. Hugs to all. Sorry I haven't been here in a few days. Its been smiles for life the past few days, however, I now have to probably fight a rehire battle. Not one I am looking forward to. Didn't know it was coming. If the issues come up I am moving back to Las Vegas and taking my old job. Its life and the way it works.

On another note, I will be in Orlando this Saturday to attend a bridal shower. Talk to you all later.

I'm here!! As for taunting you....I was just thinking about my PA men and wanted to share with you

Sooooo....

Opinions or thoughts on the East Coast meet?

Hello everyone. Hugs to all. Sorry I haven't been here in a few days. Its been smiles for life the past few days, however, I now have to probably fight a rehire battle. Not one I am looking forward to. Didn't know it was coming. If the issues come up I am moving back to Las Vegas and taking my old job. Its life and the way it works.

On another note, I will be in Orlando this Saturday to attend a bridal shower. Talk to you all later.

Ugh...

Good luck!

I'll probably be going on Saturday. Not sure entirely when i'll get there though.

I'll make sure i keep an eye out for the hooper's though since I know you'll likely be close by. ;)

Not sure how many days I'd be able to take off since I'm planning a full 1.5 weeks in Florida in October. That might limit my ability to do Knoebels AND Hershey.

Nice a week and 1/2 in Florida. I am hoping to get there for 4 or 5 days.

All sound fantastic. Is one of those trips to WDW planned for October? Would love to meet you.

I will send you a FB message tomorrow. Hugs to you! Enjoy the shower!

What does everyone have planned for the weekend? I was invited to an out of town Cinco de Mayo party, unfortunately I can't attend so will be celebrating closer to home! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's Mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York.
This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico.But as we know, the great ...ship did not make it to New York. The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost.
The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning,which they still observe to this day. The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course,as:

Sinko de Mayo.

Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's Mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York.
This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico.But as we know, the great ...ship did not make it to New York. The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost.
The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning,which they still observe to this day. The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course,as:

Sinko de Mayo.

Oh my gosh! That was awesome! I totally thought you were serious until I got to the Sinko de Mayo!!!! :rotfl: I honestly have no idea what the 5th of May means to the Hispanic community, to me it just means my mother's birthday! I'm assuming it has something to do with Saints or with the Church originally.

I honestly have no idea what the 5th of May means to the Hispanic community, to me it just means my mother's birthday! I'm assuming it has something to do with Saints or with the Church originally.

It celebrates the success to a Mexican battle (Battle of Puebla). I would say probably the closest relative to a celebration like this would be Bastille Day--although that was a little more independence. It is basically a day to celebrate Mexican heritage.

It celebrates the success to a Mexican battle (Battle of Puebla). I would say probably the closest relative to a celebration like this would be Bastille Day--although that was a little more independence. It is basically a day to celebrate Mexican heritage.

Oh! I was way off then. Thanks for clearing that up for. I'm familiar with Bastille Day (I'm a French teacher ;))

All sound fantastic. Is one of those trips to WDW planned for October? Would love to meet you.

What does everyone have planned for the weekend? I was invited to an out of town Cinco de Mayo party, unfortunately I can't attend so will be celebrating closer to home! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

I am the "planner" for October, so I will definitely be there!

My DD8's theater group had the production of Drowsy Chaperone tonight, another tomorrow, was a great show, really enjoyed it!! That is my weekend, then next weekend DD8 takes her first communion at church, so proud of her, then off to the beach for mothers day. Then it's almost Disney time, so so so excited!:cool1::banana:

I am the "planner" for October, so I will definitely be there!

My DD8's theater group had the production of Drowsy Chaperone tonight, another tomorrow, was a great show, really enjoyed it!! That is my weekend, then next weekend DD8 takes her first communion at church, so proud of her, then off to the beach for mothers day. Then it's almost Disney time, so so so excited!:cool1::banana:

That's great. I know there are several of us going. It's going to be a lot of fun.
You have a busy month planned. Congrats to DD on her production and First Communation and Happy Mother's Day to you.

howdy everyone!! hope everyone had a good weekend? Mine is ok just been having drama with a guy but now that I am done with the drama, I will be back to normalish lol
I have achieved my first goal weight to be under 200 :) and as well as lost 50 lbs also :)
I hope everyone has a good week :)

I so need to go down to Disney. Been like 2 months. WAAAAY to long. Lol

Has anybody seen The Avengers? FANTASTIC movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!