• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Show Me the Cupcakes!!!

Another thing that is important about cupcakes and cakes- IMO, they need to be eaten at room temp. I think the flavor of the cake and the icing is much better that way. I don't like cold, hard icing and cake :worried:

So very true! Much like with ice cream, proper temp makes all the difference. As for frosting - if you ever watch shows like Cupcake Wars, you can see that the fillings and frostings are the stars of the show. I think that's because that's where the decorator touches come in, and there can be a lot more variation in frostings than in cake. I live near a bakery that won Cupcake Wars and their everyday offerings are the same idea - it's all about the fillings and frostings. Their fillings and frostings are quite good (they use quality ingredients), although their cake, to me, is eh. I like Duncan Hines just as much. For anyone who wants to make a truly outstanding cupcake at home, I highly recommend Gina Neely's banana cupcakes. PHENOMENAL. I don't do her molasses frosting though - I use buttercream or buttercream with a hint of maple.

December takes a holiday favorite  gingerbread, and tops it with cream cheese icing, holiday sprinkles and a festive Minnie Mouse hat. This cupcake are $4.99 and count as a snack on the Disney Dining Plan. Theyre available at Backlot Express, Studio Catering Co., Pizza Planet and ABC Commissary.
dhs220129SMALL.jpg

And on January 17, the Capt. Jack indulgent cupcake debuts, chocolate with chocolate buttercream fudge icing, topped with chocolate shavings, a chocolate trio of a coin, map and key, and edible golden pearls tucked in a pirates treasure chest. Cost is $8.99 and available at Backlot Express, Studio Catering Co., ABC Commissary; Starring Rolls, and Sweet Spells.

dhs330139SMALL.jpg

And on January 17, the Capt. Jack indulgent cupcake debuts, chocolate with chocolate buttercream fudge icing, topped with chocolate shavings, a chocolate trio of a coin, map and key, and edible golden pearls tucked in a pirates treasure chest. Cost is $8.99 and available at Backlot Express, Studio Catering Co., ABC Commissary; Starring Rolls, and Sweet Spells.

dhs330139SMALL.jpg

I can't see buying this just to sit there are eat it. It's too pretty! lol. It would make a cute gift, but good luck getting it home. {{squish}}

whats the cupcake crawl list? I need this I think!:cool1: it's sad that I'm planning my next trip around cupcakes

whats the cupcake crawl list? I need this I think!:cool1: it's sad that I'm planning my next trip around cupcakes

2011 http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/05/30/challenge-the-disney-food-blog-wdw-cupcake-crawl/
2012 http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/05/28/food-challenge-the-disney-food-blog-2012-cupcake-crawl/

Some of the cupcakes on the list are not always available.

I never used to eat junk in Disney. I knew these cupcakes were out there, but never tried them. This last trip, I made it a point to try some. It was fun.

Have fun :thumbsup2

maddhatir said:
2011 http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/05/30/challenge-the-disney-food-blog-wdw-cupcake-crawl/
2012 http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/05/28/food-challenge-the-disney-food-blog-2012-cupcake-crawl/

Some of the cupcakes on the list are not always available.

I never used to eat junk in Disney. I knew these cupcakes were out there, but never tried them. This last trip, I made it a point to try some. It was fun.

Have fun :thumbsup2

I agree! We went around specifically to try as many cupcakes and pastries we could find and had such a good time doing something new! We found so many yummy things for good prices too! 99% of them were snack credits. I can't wait to do it again next year!

:hyper::eek: That Christmas cupcake looks amazing! too bad I'm there in November and not December!!

I thought it was odd that this one still looks like Halloween but it states it's for November!

Next up for November, a fall classic: pumpkin with maple icing topped with sugared pecans and Mickey Ears.

dhs111929SMALL.jpg

Just got back from Disney! Thought I would try a "few" cupcakes on my trip.:rolleyes1

PB Cupcake- BW Bakery.

581394_3328089860181_1707607128_n_zps35720d92.jpg

TA-DA!!! So sweet of him :lovestruc
389475_3325601277968_1346211374_n_zpscf6cf8ed.jpg

BTW- When I got home I weighed myself......I LOST 3 lbs :lmao:

They really dont have this anymore I was so excited to try it after reading about it on the blog :(

December takes a holiday favorite  gingerbread, and tops it with cream cheese icing, holiday sprinkles and a festive Minnie Mouse hat. This cupcake are $4.99 and count as a snack on the Disney Dining Plan. Theyre available at Backlot Express, Studio Catering Co., Pizza Planet and ABC Commissary.
dhs220129SMALL.jpg

dhs330139SMALL.jpg

Will this be available at magic kingdom??

They really dont have this anymore I was so excited to try it after reading about it on the blog :(

They didn't when I was there. Honestly, they should get rid of the Oreo Bonbon and replace it with the PB. The Oreo was not good. Maybe you can get it at another location in Disney. The CM did ask the baker that question, but instead of answering, he just made if for me.

Starring Rolls has the Chocolate PB cupcake. Totally different, but if you are craving PB- I think it will satisfy you. The inside was like a glob of chocolate PB. You can just smell the PB when you pick up that cupcake.

Best place to get cupcakes at Magic kingdom is where?? do they carry PB ones?? I LOVE anything PB and Chocolate!!

Best place to get cupcakes at Magic kingdom is where?? do they carry PB ones?? I LOVE anything PB and Chocolate!!

The cupcake crawl says they have a PB cupcake at the MS Bakery. It just looks like the frosting is PB. I didn't look when I was there.

They have a chocolate PB at Starring Roll- DHS.

Starring Rolls has the Chocolate PB cupcake. Totally different, but if you are craving PB- I think it will satisfy you. The inside was like a glob of chocolate PB. You can just smell the PB when you pick up that cupcake.

I tried the Chocolate PB Cupcake from Starring Rolls in September and it has got to be my favorite cupcake ever. When I first saw it, I thought it would be too rich and chocolaty, however, I found it to be just right (I washed it down with white milk which helped a lot). Now I am craving one of those but unfortunately we will not be returning to WDW until 2014....I wonder if they sell something similar in DLR :goodvibes.

They have some fantastic cupcakes at DL! My two favorites are the Black Forest cupcake at the Village haus in Fantasyland and the lemon honeybee cupcake at the Hungry Bear in Critter Country!

So in everyone's opinion who's tried them, which chocolate PB cupcake is the best? Main Street Bakery, Boardwalk, Contempo or Starring Rolls?
Of course if they no longer offer it at Boardwalk I guess that makes a difference, but I'm looking for the best one to get while I'm there and since I'm not on the dining plan I need to be selective ;)
I'm usually more of a brownie person (unless the cake is super moist) but hearing about all these cupcakes makes me want to try one!

361484307560303840_W2MxGd2b_c.jpg

So while technically not AT Disney, here's a "cupcake" I made for my blog using a Disney recipe. Turned out beyond awesome.

Chocolate Cream Cheese Buckle from Cinderella's Royal Table.

Oh my word, where did you get the recipe?!?!

I got it from a friend at WDW and they told me how they served it back in the day and the evolution of the recipe when I was getting the Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich recipe for my blog. But it's also published in one of the cookbooks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter