Show me: photos an avg tourist may not take (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm lovin' this thread! I don't get much time to post but I wanted to share too.

On my last trip I made a point of noticing the lighting around WDW- geeky I know but it was interesting to see the theming change. I caught this flower/lamp shot in Adventureland.

file.jpg

I've loved looking at this thread. The pictures are wonderful and I'm envious.

Couldn't resist putting some of my favorites on.

CSR - walkway
csrwalk3.jpg

CSR - fountain
csrfountain2.jpg

cinderellaclose.jpg

grandfloridiansunrise.jpg

TwoOldPoohs said:
Wow! This one belongs in a brochure! Great job!

Exactly what I thought when I saw it!

Grim - any tips (or exif info) to share on that one? It's absolutely perfect! :thumbsup2

campinggal said:
I'm lovin' this thread! I don't get much time to post but I wanted to share too.

On my last trip I made a point of noticing the lighting around WDW- geeky I know but it was interesting to see the theming change. I caught this flower/lamp shot in Adventureland.

That's not geeky at all, CampingGal! It all plays a important role in creating the 'Show.' I love that sort of stuff (hence the reason I mentioned 'lanterns' on my original post). :)

Please post more if you have them (but mention where you took them, if you remember - I'd like to look for them when I get to the World). :magnify:

Carolc said:
That's not geeky at all, CampingGal! It all plays a important role in creating the 'Show.' I love that sort of stuff (hence the reason I mentioned 'lanterns' on my original post). :)

Please post more if you have them (but mention where you took them, if you remember - I'd like to look for them when I get to the World). :magnify:

Carolc- here is another lantern for you! :) Not all of them are photogenic :rotfl: and I got distracted and missed a few countries when walking around Epcot- but I'll just add them to my list for the next trip.

YEKCIM- cool shot- at the Universe of Energy?

Morocco Lantern...

file.jpg

Campinggal:

Yep, you nailed it...Universe of Energy. Mrs. YEKCIM and our 8YO daughter had gone to ride the Great Disney Potty Ride and I was just fooling around, waiting on them, when I noticed the "abstract art" aspect of photos taken using the different mirrors on the U of E wall.

~YEKCIM

Carol - i can't wait to see your shots when you come back. i hope you tell the kids in advance you're going to be taking lots of photos of weird stuff. let them share your other camera and they can take shots of their own :smooth: (btw - is it only you, T, K2, and A going?)

anyway here are a few more lanterns
Frontierland - Tokyo
l98.jpg

Jungle Cruise - Tokyo
l124.jpg

California Adventure
l132.jpg

Main Street - Disneyland
l5.jpg

plus the one i posted previously from HK and the one i posted in the fantasyland contest.

0bli0 said:
Carol - i can't wait to see your shots when you come back. i hope you tell the kids in advance you're going to be taking lots of photos of weird stuff. let them share your other camera and they can take shots of their own :smooth: (btw - is it only you, T, K2, and A going?)

Main Street - Disneyland
l5.jpg

plus the one i posted previously from HK and the one i posted in the fantasyland contest.

Hey Bro -

Ha - I took a pic of one of those DL lanterns, only mine is very, very, very dark. It was at night and I didn't want to blow it out with a flash. Just with my Casio. Oh well.
62359076.jpg

Yes, it's just me and the kids and my brother, oh wait, he's not coming. :sad2: Yes, the kids already know I will be taking a lot of photos... they are doing the same thing we did when we were kids (you know... 'Dad, come on, hurry up and take the picture!'). I am having T practice the video cam. Maybe I should have K2 try the Casio? He'll have his hands full with the Game Boy, though. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the cool lantern shots campinggal and sk8belle (sk8belle - did you take that in the Japan pavilion?)

TomPokNY said:
0bli0's restroom sign photo reminded me of this simple shot I took (I love Art Deco):

medium.jpg

Where is that, Tom... MGM? It's just amazing how much thought goes into the 'Show', eh? Before Walt came along, no one would have even thought to put any thought into such 'common' things like restroom signs.

Carolc said:
...I took a pic of one of those DL lanterns, only mine is very, very, very dark...
you should be able to bring that out in post processing. if it starts to look bad, desaturate.
Yes, it's just me and the kids and my brother, oh wait, he's not coming. :sad2:
i think im in tokyo while you're there. if so, i'm gonna go spend a day at DisneySea - as always i'll pick up something for ya :thumbsup2:
Maybe I should have K2 try the Casio? He'll have his hands full with the Game Boy, though. :rolleyes:
i definitely would. the boys love it. here is a shot of K1 trying a different angle...
l90.jpg

Carolc said:
Thanks for all the cool lantern shots campinggal and sk8belle (sk8belle - did you take that in the Japan pavilion?)

Yep, that's the Japanese pavilion. Ideally, I'd like to try some selective coloring on it, but I just haven't had the time to figure out how to do that. Glad you liked it, as is.

Heading over early to the MK for the Railroad Tour...

1873DSCF0810fixed-med.JPG

1873DSCF0807-med.JPG

And one of my favorites from the Poly...

1873DSCF2088a-med.JPG

makinorlando said:
Too funny - I have almost the same picture that I took in May on one of my SOLO days when I could actually spend time checking out the wine. I LOVE those bottles!

IMG_5222.jpg

I am still going through this thread; you are all amazing! I can't wait until my next trip.

As for these bottles, I love them! I have a whole collection of these at my home (DH sells wine). This picture just made me smile.

Carolc said:
Where is that, Tom... MGM? It's just amazing how much thought goes into the 'Show', eh? Before Walt came along, no one would have even thought to put any thought into such 'common' things like restroom signs.
Yup, that was in MGM, I believe it was for the restrooms to the left of the Great Movie Ride, right before the street that leads to the ABC Commissary.

Yes, I do love that great attention to detail! I try to keep an eye out for things like that, makes me appreciate the parks much more. Slightly off topic, and at the risk of appearing to have a restroom fetish, here is a fun one, this time from the Science Fiction Museum in Seattle:

medium.jpg

campinggal said:

On my last trip I made a point of noticing the lighting around WDW- geeky I know but it was interesting to see the theming change

This is the furthest thing from geeky, ESPECIALLY on a photography board. On this board it is geeky to not notice the lighting. Photography is ALL about lighting. :sunny:

Keep up the good work!! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter