Should we bring our baby with us to Disney?

There is no way DH or I would ever consider leaving DS at home while going on vacation. If you need time for the two of you try letting the grandparents watch DD for the night at home. No the vacation won't be the same, but life after children isn't supposed to be.

Ds had a great time at six months at Disney. No, you can't do everything you usually do but who cares. The most I would go alone is for a weekend (and personally wouldn't even do that), but never for a whole week with a young baby. It is a big change but a trip with your baby can also be wonderful. I would take my baby before my boyfriend.

Let me start by admitting that my youngest is 3.5 years old and has never slept under a different roof than me. He has gone to be with out me in the house but I have always been here when he wakes up in the middle of the night. My oldest stayed with grammie once before the youngest was born for about 23 hours. That said, no I wouldn't leave my baby home for a week.

We did have my mom come and join us on a trip last year for a couple of nights and it was really nice to go to dinner and do some rides together at night. But for the most part we use kid swap and ride alone. It is just the price of parenting. Good luck in making a decision

There is no way as a first time mom that I could leave my 8 1/2 month old daughter at home while I went on a week long Disney vacation. My husband would not even think to ask that we do.

When you have a kid, life and vacations change. I could see if this was some big wedding anniversary trip and your child was older than this or if you were just going somewhere for a weekend. But leaving her for a week to go to Disney when she's less than a year old? I just do not understand.

ETA: Also there is no way I would miss my child's first Halloween (or ANY holiday) to go on a vacation. Even if they don't remember it, you will.

We have left our daughter at home with Grandma/Grandpa several times for vacation. The first was when she was 6 months. Was is hard for me, YES! Was it hard for her, NO!!! She was just fine even happy with Grandma. We were gone for 6 nights :eek: Night 3 was the hardest for me, then it was, we get to see her in 2 days. Then we get to see her in 1 day. Then we were home :woohoo: Everyone was happy, healthy and great! She is very used to stay with both sets of grandparents. I truely believe that it was harder for me than it was for her.

Well I will be the minority opinion here in this thread. Let me start by saying that I am married but do not have kids at this time. My wife and I go to WDW at least once a year if not more often than that. With that said, I would have no problem planning a trip to WDW without my child. We go to WDW every year because we enjoy it. We enjoy the rides, the restaraunts, the drinking around the world, we just enjoy every part of the Disney experience. I personally believe draging a young child along would ruin this experience for us. I think it is important for adults to have a vacation alone, expecially after all of the hard work and sleepless nights that come along with a new baby. Yes there are many photo oppurtunites and experiences to be had with a baby at WDW, but what is the child really getting out of it? Are they really going to remember being at Disney at 8.5 months? Don't take this as me saying not to ever bring your kids along. It is just my opinion that children should be a little older before they are brought along to the world. I would suggest 5 years old would be a perfect age to bring a child. At this age you dont have to worry about diapers, potty training, strollers, frequent naps, etc. At this age the child will remember their first trip and cherish the memories that were made.

This is just my opinion FWIW. Please don't be offended by my comments, just wanted to express another opinion. :)

We've left our kids at home while we vacationed... but never left them at home while we went to Disney World. I can't imagine not bringing them to Disney with us though. We get a sitter the nights we want to go out alone or bring family to help watch them.

MinnieFan4ever said:
We have left our daughter at home with Grandma/Grandpa several times for vacation. The first was when she was 6 months. Was is hard for me, YES! Was it hard for her, NO!!! She was just fine even happy with Grandma. We were gone for 6 nights :eek: Night 3 was the hardest for me, then it was, we get to see her in 2 days. Then we get to see her in 1 day. Then we were home :woohoo: Everyone was happy, healthy and great! She is very used to stay with both sets of grandparents. I truely believe that it was harder for me than it was for her.

This! Did the same with my DD at 8 months. Our trip was an anniversary trip It was hard, but I got some well deserved rest. Let's just say DD didn't believe in sleeping:/

DH and I take adult-only trips at least once a year, and yes, even to Disney. ;)

Your boyfriend is telling you he wants to spend time with just you, his partner and lover. To me, that is significant, and his feelings are just as important in the decision.

If you're worried about the length of time, is there any way you can shorten the trip to five days?

I'm all about couples taking time. When there is more concern over decorating a child for a holiday which means nothing to them while justifying taking a week away from them it sounds more like an episode of teen mom than of two people committing to a small person they chose to have. If he is pushing her into this choice it is even more sad. Sure what husband or partner doesn't want easy carefree time with their wife and no kids. But maturity says it isn't all about them. And that there is a time and place.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I see nothing wrong with a couple having child-free vacations. We've done it since our DS was 11 months old and he's 15 and a half.

Going away when your child is this young is actually the perfect time. She will be comfortable at home, in familiar surroundings with a familiar caretaker who loves her. She won't even know you're gone.

Just because you need a break from your child/ren doesn't mean you aren't committed to them.

I was offensive and I apologize. Someone irritated me and it came out here. Have a nice trip. And if you are feeling pressured be strong. :) if not, enjoy your break.

We took my DS at 9 months and my DD at 3 months and 11 months. All 3 of these trips were fun and i have so regrets taking them and since I was breast feeding my DD during both trips leaving her for 10 days wasn't an option. Further, we are DVC members as our both my parents and in laws so we had grandparents on all 3 trips so it was the best of both worlds. We had our babies with us but could have some free time as well. I think 9 months is such a great age I'm pretty sure even without grandparents we would have brought the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter