SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Sorry - I don't have an answer for this - I haven't eaten at the buffet in almost 10 years... I don't see why not? But I am still unsure. Can you email them and ask?

D~

Anybody been at shades during Christmas? We'll be making our first xmas trip dec 22-28! Does shades do anything special for the holidays? Meals or character meets?

We originally planned to rent a car and stop at the grocery store. However, rethinking this as $49 to park the car in the SOG garage for 7 days seems ridiculous if we aren't really intending to use it much. Between SOG and Disney transportation I would think there would be plenty of transportation options meaning we really wouldn't need the expense of a rental car??

We originally planned to rent a car and stop at the grocery store. However, rethinking this as $49 to park the car in the SOG garage for 7 days seems ridiculous if we aren't really intending to use it much. Between SOG and Disney transportation I would think there would be plenty of transportation options meaning we really wouldn't need the expense of a rental car??
I've never rented a car & we've been fine... But we don't leave property at all normally.

D~

Got another question:sunny: my Dad is sponsoring our rooms at SOG. Will we have issues getting onto SOG property or to ride SOG busses if he is not with us? After we check in of course. THANK you
Just want to stress the importance of carrying a picture ID and your SOG paper ID's (that you get when you check in.) You'll need them for the buses and I've even had them check ID's when we were walking back from the Poly at night.

Guys... Remind me of the bus schedule for party events and EMH... Does anyone have one they can post that's recent? Thanks! :)

D~

We will be at SOG 9/21-9/30 on a special that includes bkfst each day. My DD isn't a morning person--so she likes to sleep until the last minute to have time to shower and dress. I'm not sure if we will get coupons for bkfst or something else--but will I be allowed to use her meal ? voucher to bring a bagel or something back to the room for her?

Breakfast included is credited to your account. You do not get coupons. Just ask the server about bringing something back. Our experience is that they've always been very helpful. Our last two trips we've had breakfast included (DH and I) but we always eat in the dining room. Even when our kids did go with us, they always got up and ate with us too.

Just want to stress the importance of carrying a picture ID and your SOG paper ID's (that you get when you check in.) You'll need them for the buses and I've even had them check ID's when we were walking back from the Poly at night.

We've never had them stop us or had to show ID's when walking. They always tell you to carry it, which we do.

Thank you I will definitely make sure that we remember that because last time I was at Disney, I was at beach club and had magic bands so I didnt need anything else. I will have to remember to read thru this board again right before we leave:)

Looking at the prices for the shuttles from the airport to SOG ($75-85), and the minimum for garden grocers ($40 plus $14 delivery), for us it makes more sense to rent a car. We will be bringing the baby's car seat so it will just be easier (and safer) to have him secured in a rental car. We are at SOG for 4 days and then moving to Animal Kingdom for 4 days (where parking is free). We will be going to Universal for one day and maybe even Sea World so it just makes the most sense to pay the couple dollars for parking at SOG. Im sure in the long run it will come out a little more but for the convenience it's worth it for us. Plus my husband likes the idea of not having to wait for the Disney buses.

We are bringing our 14 mo old, does anyone know if the pack n play/crib is adequate? Debating on whether to bring our own. Also, are the magnolia rooms still nice even if not renovated? I want to be close to pools with the kids but my parents want a renovated room.....

We've had them stop us as we walked from the Poly to SOG to check an ID on multiple occasions (only time they didn't was because they had a car they were checking in as we walked by).

Always check back 30 days prior to when you want to go. That is when people have to cancel by in order to not lose a deposit. Also I have found that they do reserve some rooms (especially the suites) for last minute reservations.
The only time I have not gotten a room 30 days prior was during the Invicutus Games this past May. I had a 5 night stay prior to the games starting and was never able to extend another night. I didn't even realize what a big deal the security was for all that.

I'm wondering if this will apply for Thanksgiving week. I just need ONE night...Saturday before Thanksgiving. It wasn't available at one point (early Sept) and then last week it was available so I snagged it. Now my brother and family are going to try to join us early as well and I need one more room. I keep stalking the website and hoping. Right now they just have Friday night but not Saturday night available. I guess more stalking next month as we approach the 30 day window might be in order!

We've had them stop us as we walked from the Poly to SOG to check an ID on multiple occasions (only time they didn't was because they had a car they were checking in as we walked by).

Wow...the times we stayed at SoG we were never stopped walking back and forth along that path from Poly to SOG entrance. That's interesting.

Anybody been at shades during Christmas? We'll be making our first xmas trip dec 22-28! Does shades do anything special for the holidays? Meals or character meets?
We stayed last year the week up to Christmas and every evening they had something different for Christmas. It was really nice. My kids made a decoration one night, milk and cookies just about every night, and Chamber singers another night. Santa made an appearance also. We're going a week earlier this year. Enjoy!

I'm wondering if this will apply for Thanksgiving week. I just need ONE night...Saturday before Thanksgiving. It wasn't available at one point (early Sept) and then last week it was available so I snagged it. Now my brother and family are going to try to join us early as well and I need one more room. I keep stalking the website and hoping. Right now they just have Friday night but not Saturday night available. I guess more stalking next month as we approach the 30 day window might be in order!
Keep checking the website. I was able to book the 26th through 28th a couple of weeks ago, and was able to add the 22nd-26th after a cancellation yesterday. I would be willing to bet the weekend will open up. Good luck!

Last edited:
Keep checking the website. I was able to book the 26th through 28th a couple of weeks ago, and was able to add the 22nd-26th after a cancellation yesterday. I would be willing to bet the weekend will open up. Good luck!

Awesome...plan to continue stalking the website. Thanks for giving me some hope! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter