SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

What types of toiletries does SOG have in the rooms? Shampoo, conditioner, soaps etc? Are they still in the wall-dispensers or individual bottles, soap bars?

What types of toiletries does SOG have in the rooms? Shampoo, conditioner, soaps etc? Are they still in the wall-dispensers or individual bottles, soap bars?

No more in the wall dispensers. They have individual bars of soap, and bottles of shampoo.
I always bring my own travel size products; shower gel, shampoo/conditioner. I also find it very helpful to pack a pump type soap for hand washing, it sure beats using the bar soap.

Can anyone explain the Stars & Stripes tickets to me? Specifically, are they only good for your length of stay or are they good for 14 days like the regular Disney tickets? We plan on 4 nights at Shades but if we stay longer offsite it would be nice to put some water park days in between park days to get more use out of the tickets.

Thanks

Can anyone explain the Stars & Stripes tickets to me? Specifically, are they only good for your length of stay or are they good for 14 days like the regular Disney tickets? We plan on 4 nights at Shades but if we stay longer offsite it would be nice to put some water park days in between park days to get more use out of the tickets.

Thanks

Here you go...
Stars and Stripes tickets.
SOG/WDW Resort Guests Only. Number of days must match your length of stay. Must be used consecutively.

If you move to a Disney resort after your 4 nights at SOG, you could use the tickets.

Also, we are DOD so we can't but alchohol at the store. Can we buy drinks at the restaurant?
I'm DoD as well. I have stayed at SoG about 15 times. I have always purchased alcohol and drinks there. Are we not supposed to?

I'm DoD as well. I have stayed at SoG about 15 times. I have always purchased alcohol and drinks there. Are we not supposed to?

Last time we were there I wasn't allowed to by alcohol at the gift shop because I wasn't military. Good to know it's not an issue throughout the resort.

Last time we were there I wasn't allowed to by alcohol at the gift shop because I wasn't military. Good to know it's not an issue throughout the resort.

Are you the DoD CAC holder? I think I just had to show my CAC.....

Does anyone know how much the washer & dryer cost? I want to make sure that I bring the right kind of change (quarters, dollars etc) to do a couple of loads of laundry during our trip later this month. Also, does the SOG exchange store sell Coke products? or/and Disney rain ponchos?

Does anyone know how much the washer & dryer cost? I want to make sure that I bring the right kind of change (quarters, dollars etc) to do a couple of loads of laundry during our trip later this month. Also, does the SOG exchange store sell Coke products? or/and Disney rain ponchos?

The machines cost $1.00. Bring ones and fives, not change as the machines take tokens.
Yes, they do sell Coke products, and rain ponchos.
Have a great trip!!

You should receive an email from SOG approximately 45 days prior to check in. The turn around time is pretty quick, once they receive your information. I faxed the ticket order form to them, and the following day they called me to confirm the order.

Uhh ooh, I didn't get an email at 45 days. Calling on Monday. :scared:

We are making reservations tomorrow for our first time at SOG. We are super excited. It looks fantastic
We have reservations for our first stay there too! Reviews are outstanding, even on Trip Advisor. We've done Disney moderates for 6 trips and it's time to take the plunge and give SOG a try. We are going at a very expensive time-peak rates at Disney resorts so I think this will be great-at least I hope so!!!
Exciting!!

We have reservations for our first stay there too! Reviews are outstanding, even on Trip Advisor. We've done Disney moderates for 6 trips and it's time to take the plunge and give SOG a try. We are going at a very expensive time-peak rates at Disney resorts so I think this will be great-at least I hope so!!!
Exciting!!
We have also done moderate and deluxe. Very excited about prices. We are going end of March high peak time also when will you be going?

Exciting!!

I gave SOG a glowing review on Trip Advisor for our July trip. There's definitely a different vibe at SOG compared with Disney resorts, but we've never been disappointed. SOG is a great value especially during Disney's peak rate seasons.
Have fun!

There was one time when I had to call to remind them. They called me back, and I had the email the following day. Hope all goes well for you!

Phew, called them and my reservation is there, I just never got the tickets email. It doesn't matter because I bought tickets at the local MWR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter