SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

mog said:
Does anyone think they will ever offer the Disney Dining Plan to Shades of Green guests or am I just wishful thinking?? :)
I thought that one time quite a while back I saw something about that being discussed but I guess it never came about...

Disney dining plan is only for Disney owned hotels, which Shades never will be. You can't even get free parking in the parks anymore, you are technically "off property" by staying there, I can't see them ever making the dining plan available to SoG guests.

You can still use the EMH benefit, though, at least for now. ;)

Isn't cereal, chips and cookies an exceptable dinner options when your on vacation?! :rotfl:

:lmao: My DH said "we could just have beer for dinner!" Only problem for me is I don't drink beer.

Maybe Aafes has PB&J fixins or maybe you could bring some stuff like microwaveable soups or oatmeal or something like that which would be quick and easy if your super tired.

Sounds like Spaghetti O's and beer or milk it is! I don't think we will be THAT tired. :rotfl:

rofl. that's exactly what I was thinking, all of which I'd pick before eating dinner in the restaurant(s).

Man...Shades of Green you are an amazing resort. Could you please give us all a good restaurant or two. Pretty, pretty please.

Does anyone think they will ever offer the Disney Dining Plan to Shades of Green guests or am I just wishful thinking?? :)
I thought that one time quite a while back I saw something about that being discussed but I guess it never came about...

I would love to see Disney extend this to us all. I would be happy paying the regular dining plan costs as they charge. They would not even have to give a millitary discount. I am so thankful for SOG, the ticket discounts and Disney extending the military discount program for another year. But...I do not see this happening.

Angel16

Angel16, sorry I just saw your question. Our group ranged from late 60s to my 8 & 9 yr old DD's and we all ate well at garden Grill. Good salad bar, one night was make your own pizza for the kids, another night was prime rib, another was a huge roast turkey. Usually 2-3 main entree selections (and my picky mom appreciated that one was usually a broiled fish choice), plenty of sides, and a dessert selection. For 13.95/adult it was very reasonable!

I have a question for all of you going soon.. I called last week to extend our Easter stay by a day and the lady asked me if I would like to add the dining plan.. (Now, I know it is not Disneys plan and instantly said no because of the food situation at Shades.) I felt like I should have asked her what it was.. I know that they offer meal deals at certain times of the year with your stay but this is Easter so there are never any discounts.. (This will be our 5th straight Easter stay so I know this.) Any ideas what their new dining plan is? Thanks..:confused3

Hi. I've booked a SOG stay for October. Cannot wait!!! :banana: I hope it's OK to ask one of you pros a couple of questions.

1. Are coffeemakers the Mr Coffee kind and is the coffee provided?

2. Are the fridges big enough to hold a half-gallon milk jug? We like to do cereal for breakfast in the room and just want to figure out if that's feasible. I assume we'd need to bring disposable bowls/utensils with us, right? We'll be doing a Publix run before we check in for fruit and such. Just want to make sure we're covered.

TIA

Kat

I have a question for all of you going soon.. I called last week to extend our Easter stay by a day and the lady asked me if I would like to add the dining plan.. (Now, I know it is not Disneys plan and instantly said no because of the food situation at Shades.) I felt like I should have asked her what it was.. I know that they offer meal deals at certain times of the year with your stay but this is Easter so there are never any discounts.. (This will be our 5th straight Easter stay so I know this.) Any ideas what their new dining plan is? Thanks..:confused3

that's an odd one. I seriously hope they're not trying to fool people by calling it the dining plan and let people think it's the disney dining plan. Like you said, I know they offer dining for free as part of some packages but I've never seen it as an add on. And who would want it? Lol

Hi. I've booked a SOG stay for October. Cannot wait!!! :banana: I hope it's OK to ask one of you pros a couple of questions.

1. Are coffeemakers the Mr Coffee kind and is the coffee provided?

2. Are the fridges big enough to hold a half-gallon milk jug? We like to do cereal for breakfast in the room and just want to figure out if that's feasible. I assume we'd need to bring disposable bowls/utensils with us, right? We'll be doing a Publix run before we check in for fruit and such. Just want to make sure we're covered.

TIA

Kat

Excited for your upcoming trip! Wish it was me. :thumbsup2 Please let me know when in October you are going and how the crowd levels are. We may be going in October next year.

I can't answer the coffee question because we don't use it, but as for the fridge, no, it will not hold a half gallon jug. But if you get two quarts, they will fit in the door. As for getting disposable bowls and such, you can always do what we do. We have a set of plastic dishes (two bowls, two small plates and utensils) that we take every year. They are our "Disney dishes" and, in the long run, is cheaper than buying disposable.

jusero said:
Excited for your upcoming trip! Wish it was me. :thumbsup2 Please let me know when in October you are going and how the crowd levels are. We may be going in October next year.

I can't answer the coffee question because we don't use it, but as for the fridge, no, it will not hold a half gallon jug. But if you get two quarts, they will fit in the door. As for getting disposable bowls and such, you can always do what we do. We have a set of plastic dishes (two bowls, two small plates and utensils) that we take every year. They are our "Disney dishes" and, in the long run, is cheaper than buying disposable.

Thanks. I'm going 9-13 October. I'll be sure to let you know how the crowds are.
Quarts it is. That's really good to know. Great idea to bring Disney dishes.

Ladies I am going stircrazy and doing my happy dance all at the same time! I leave in 4 days. It still hasnt completely hit me yet LOL! Ahhh!! I am so excited!!!
:hyper::banana::woohoo::dance3::yay::hyper2: :jumping1:

Ladies I am going stircrazy and doing my happy dance all at the same time! I leave in 4 days. It still hasnt completely hit me yet LOL! Ahhh!! I am so excited!!!

Have a fantastic time! Maybe we will see you there, we will be there in a week!

As far as the coffee maker question, they do provide little coffee packets (pods) in the room (both regular and decaf I believe).

lilsk8nmac said:

Have a great time!!!

Have a fantastic time! Maybe we will see you there, we will be there in a week!

As far as the coffee maker question, they do provide little coffee packets (pods) in the room (both regular and decaf I believe).

ME TOO ME TOO pixiedust: going in 4 DAYS.. cannot find that darn insulated mug I like.. I tis the bubba chug.. always got it at walmart but they don't have any :worried:

anyhow got my disposable ponchos in gear, got water mist fan, flips and sneakers.. oooh ????? do they have towels to use by the pool or do we need to bring our own???

ME TOO ME TOO pixiedust: going in 4 DAYS.. cannot find that darn insulated mug I like.. I tis the bubba chug.. always got it at walmart but they don't have any :worried:

anyhow got my disposable ponchos in gear, got water mist fan, flips and sneakers.. oooh ????? do they have towels to use by the pool or do we need to bring our own???

they have towels at the pool. :)

They do have towels by the pool, but I always take my beach towel to use as well. Love my mickey beach towel, it was one of those spend so much money get a beach towel for $10 or whatever, that they did a few years ago. That year I didn't take a beach towel and wished I did so we got that one and now take it with us every year.

thanks for towel update, one less thing I have to pack..

and again another question? can you bring your own cooler by the pool?

thanks for towel update, one less thing I have to pack..

and again another question? can you bring your own cooler by the pool?

I've never had anyone tell me not to. :) We usually carry a small lunch size cooler bag from the room with a few bottles(plastic) or cans of beer. Since they actually DO sell beer at evergreens (swill..) there seems to not be a no-drinking policy and I don't recall ever seeing anything other than something saying no-glass (and even I can't remember if that is a policy).

I have had some nasty looks from some people who apparently think drinking anywhere is horrible. Especially with children around. Not really my problem.

lilsk8nmac said:

Me too...me too!!!! We will be at SoG Aug 20-28

capegirl said:
We'll be arriving late afternoon, so I'm hoping our room will be ready. We managed to get the 40% discount too. Seems like they're always coming up with new deals. I called a few weeks back to add on one more day to our stay. The very next day I get an email from Shades stating that if you add on an additional day to your existing reservation, that day would be 50% off. REALLY????? Now you tell me ???? I missed that deal by 24 hours. Oh well, at least I lucked out with the 40% off.:)

Wow...I didn't even hear of that 50% off deal. We will be there aug 20-28 & got the 40% off. So grateful!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter