SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

We are doing the same thing. It's very confusing. I have been told that we can buy them there and also get the salute ones but I have also been told that you cannot> :confused::confused:

If anyone has any input on this please let us know!! I have 39 days left and getting very anxious!!!:eek:

You can only use the Salute tickets if you are active duty or retired, reservists or National Guard.(No Exceptions) In the previous post I have included the links..

You can only use the Salute tickets if you are active duty or retired..(No Exceptions) In the previous post I have included the links..

No, you can use salute tickets if you're National Guard.

http://shadesofgreen.org/4DAY2011.htm
Quote: From October 25, 2010 through Sept. 27, 2012 active and retired U.S. military personnel (including National Guard and Reservists) or their spouses can purchase:.....

Anyone going in middle of august get their email to purchase tickets? I did not. I just called them and left a message

Just wondering ......

Anyone going in middle of august get their email to purchase tickets? I did not. I just called them and left a message

Just wondering ......

We'll be there around the same time, and I got the ticket email about a week ago. Good thing you called.

Just wondering ......

We are checking in August 23rd, got the email about preordering tickets a week ago. Hopefully you'll get your email soon since you left a message about it

:thumbsup2
We are checking in August 23rd, got the email about preordering tickets a week ago. Hopefully you'll get your email soon since you left a message about it

I called them yesterday and just got a return phone call.. They just faxed me the form. I am confused a little. Do you have to list the names of all the people you want tickets for?

Also, when you guys get your confirmation call back, post it here so in case I don't get mine (tee Hee)..
For all who are going in August,,,did you get 40% off or 30%? I got the 30% and asked for additional 10% off. .They said "no" it is only for new reservations. SO the reservationist said I could change my ressie to one night, cancel the rest of the days and then call back to book the additional days and get the 40% off,

However you will have to check out for that one night and check back in the next day. Just throwing it out there if the additional 10% is worth it for you. Hope this makes sense.

On side note: I almost did not make my trip. My DS got orders 3 days ago to get deployed and the date was Aug. 20th:headache:. We leave for wdw on Aug 19th..:crazy2::sad: I was beside myself...
The powers to be changed his orders yesterday. WHEW...:goodvibes:goodvibesNow we have to get out of Dodge before they change their minds:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

OMGoodness a bunch of us are going to be there at the same time!!! I get there a day or so before a few of you! :D

My Dad is sponsoring our family from Aug 22nd through 28th. I can't believe how close it's getting! :cool1:
We should all meet up at the pool one afternoon for an ice cold Shades of Green!

Even though I got the email about preordering tickets, we've decided to purchase our tickets here at the MWR so we will have them to take with us.

As far as the room discount goes, we booked with the 40% off (for our entire trip), but the very next day the discount was decreased on the website so I don't know what was up with that. I guess we were lucky to get two rooms at 40% off, certainly would not have went through the trouble of checking out then back in to get the discount if they suggested that to me.

Everyone going in the next couple of weeks, what time are you guys planning to arrive? This will be our first year arriving at SOG before the official check-in time, so interested to see how that goes.

Even though I got the email about preordering tickets, we've decided to purchase our tickets here at the MWR so we will have them to take with us.

As far as the room discount goes, we booked with the 40% off (for our entire trip), but the very next day the discount was decreased on the website so I don't know what was up with that. I guess we were lucky to get two rooms at 40% off, certainly would not have went through the trouble of checking out then back in to get the discount if they suggested that to me.

Everyone going in the next couple of weeks, what time are you guys planning to arrive? This will be our first year arriving at SOG before the official check-in time, so interested to see how that goes.

We'll be arriving late afternoon, so I'm hoping our room will be ready. We managed to get the 40% discount too. Seems like they're always coming up with new deals. I called a few weeks back to add on one more day to our stay. The very next day I get an email from Shades stating that if you add on an additional day to your existing reservation, that day would be 50% off. REALLY????? Now you tell me ???? I missed that deal by 24 hours. Oh well, at least I lucked out with the 40% off.:)

Does anyone know what time the bus to US/IoA leaves from Shades of Green? I know it's $10 each way, that's about it.

Nope I knew you would never ever forget us! :thumbsup2

Angel16

So we all are in agreement that the food is really bad at SOG. If you HAD to eat a meal (dinner) there what would be the best choice?

We are flying in aound 6 PM and transportation is straight to SOG for check-in. Figure we should be at SOG around 7-7:30 PM. Since our flight is a long one and with the time change if we are not up to going over to the Poly for Captain Cooks what would everyone suggest?

Angel16

So we all are in agreement that the food is really bad at SOG. If you HAD to eat a meal (dinner) there what would be the best choice?

We are flying in rather late and will be delivered transportation is straight to SOG for check-in. Since our flight is a long one and with the time change if we are not up to going over to the Poly for Captain Cooks what would everyone suggest?

Angel16

You don't really HAVE a choice at night. IF the restaurant is open late that will be your only choice.

personally, I'd go to the AAFES and get something there. :)

We always try arrive prior to the offical check-in time. Our room is usually not ready so we change clothes in the bathroom and leave our luggage with bell services.

You have to book transporation to US/IOA in advance (at least the day before) and you may be able to choose the time you want to be picked up.

How late are you arriving? We had the dinner buffet at the Garden Grill each night and didn't think it was too bad at all. I think the latest we ate was 8pm though. You could always walk over to the Poly too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter