SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

buffettgirl said:
You don't really HAVE a choice at night. IF the restaurant is open late that will be your only choice.

personally, I'd go to the AAFES and get something there. :)

Or order pizza from an outside vendor

We have stayed at SOG many times in the past and I have folowed this thread for quite some time. In looking at the SOG site, I see several discounts for late summer, fall, August 2013 and December and January specials for Jr. Enlisted. We currently have reservations for a Disney resort (which was booked with a "pin code") for late November/early December. Do you think SOG could possibly put out a "special" for late November/early December other than the Jr. Enlisted or is it typically just one "special" at a time? Thanks so much.

I've never had anyone tell me not to. :) We usually carry a small lunch size cooler bag from the room with a few bottles(plastic) or cans of beer. Since they actually DO sell beer at evergreens (swill..) there seems to not be a no-drinking policy and I don't recall ever seeing anything other than something saying no-glass (and even I can't remember if that is a policy).

I have had some nasty looks from some people who apparently think drinking anywhere is horrible. Especially with children around. Not really my problem.

HAHA - I guess they will be cursing at me!!! I want to bring bottled water and soda to the pool as well. Is there beer really that bad??

My husband and I will at Shades in 22 days!!!:cool1::cool1: It was the best deal for us this trip. I love the location and it really is a beautiful resort. But, as for this fall/winter, I was hoping they would have a good deal for dd and I in December. Unfortunately its only for jr enlisted (don't get me wrong, I think that is awesome for them). We were going to stay at Port Orleans French Quarter, but there were no military rate rooms left, or any actually. So, we opted to do Pop Century w/ the the Disney Dining plan.

I am so ready for this vacation!! :dance3::dance3::cool1::cool1:

HAHA - I guess they will be cursing at me!!! I want to bring bottled water and soda to the pool as well. Is there beer really that bad??

the draft beer from evergreens is swill. It can't even be considered beer.

at the quiet pool (Magnolia) you can get bottled beer. :)

I need someone to help me talk myself out of this (but this might be like asking crack addicts to stop me from using crack lol ) but here goes...

we arrive Tuesday at 10:00 at MCO. Pick up rental, make a brief pit stop to pick up water and snacks, check in at SOG(but assume room is not going to be ready). We have ADRs at 6 at Grand Floridian for the cinderella character meal. We do need to activate our tickets at some point.

We're only there until the following monday. So 4 park days, 1 water park day. Monday will be a late breakfast, check out, DTD, lunch, airport for 7pm flight.

Would it really make ANY sense at all to waste $81 (or whatever it is) for 4 one day tickets JUST so we could go the MK for a few hours in the afternoon and then a few hours after dinner. Someone tell me it's stupid.

Go ahead.

I wouldn't. COuldn't you just go to a water park instead? Are you using the 4 day Salute tickets? It would be cheaper to add that onto the park hopper Salute ticket and just go to a water park for a second day instead. :) DH and I are going to the parks (salute hopper)for 4 days and adding the Water parks and more and going to the water parks for 3 days. We are also heading over to Busch Gardens in Tampa one day, using the free pass. Of course you could also do SeaWOrld.

I wouldn't. COuldn't you just go to a water park instead? Are you using the 4 day Salute tickets? It would be cheaper to add that onto the park hopper Salute ticket and just go to a water park for a second day instead. :) DH and I are going to the parks (salute hopper)for 4 days and adding the Water parks and more and going to the water parks for 3 days. We are also heading over to Busch Gardens in Tampa one day, using the free pass. Of course you could also do SeaWOrld.

we actually have 2 days of WP left over from last year.

and yes. that sounds better to me. :)

Angel16, sorry I just saw your question. Our group ranged from late 60s to my 8 & 9 yr old DD's and we all ate well at garden Grill. Good salad bar, one night was make your own pizza for the kids, another night was prime rib, another was a huge roast turkey. Usually 2-3 main entree selections (and my picky mom appreciated that one was usually a broiled fish choice), plenty of sides, and a dessert selection. For 13.95/adult it was very reasonable!

Thank you, if we end up there one night I feel better about it. I agree the price is reasonable. Sounds much better then our meal at Magino's on our last visit. :thumbsup2

Or order pizza from an outside vendor

Good idea I imagine SOG allows us to do that? Do you meet them in the lobby for pick up? Anyone have done this lately?

We also got the 50% off SOG deal. It is an amazing offer. They always seem to have a special either going on or coming up.

Angel16

I'm interested in ordering pizza from outside vendor, as well. Any more info on this?:confused:

Unless its changed recently, I believe if you order pizza from an outside vendor I think you need to meet them at the guard station.

I need someone to help me talk myself out of this (but this might be like asking crack addicts to stop me from using crack lol ) but here goes...

we arrive Tuesday at 10:00 at MCO. Pick up rental, make a brief pit stop to pick up water and snacks, check in at SOG(but assume room is not going to be ready). We have ADRs at 6 at Grand Floridian for the cinderella character meal. We do need to activate our tickets at some point.

We're only there until the following monday. So 4 park days, 1 water park day. Monday will be a late breakfast, check out, DTD, lunch, airport for 7pm flight.

Would it really make ANY sense at all to waste $81 (or whatever it is) for 4 one day tickets JUST so we could go the MK for a few hours in the afternoon and then a few hours after dinner. Someone tell me it's stupid.

Go ahead.

Want me to find your room number and tell you it's STUPID!! I think you have full plan.. Breathe.. Good plan... save your money for some good BEER! 12 hrs to go for me.....UP at 3am tomorrow.. plane at 6am.. Guess I am the stupid one:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Want me to find your room number and tell you it's STUPID!! I think you have full plan.. Breathe.. Good plan... save your money for some good BEER! 12 hrs to go for me.....UP at 3am tomorrow.. plane at 6am.. Guess I am the stupid one:rotfl2::rotfl2:

hahah. Thank you! I managed to talk myself out of it this morning anyway. We'll pool it during the afternoon. Change for dinner. Pool it after dinner and get to bed. We also have a VERY early flight on Tuesday so we'll be up at 3am that morning as well. We'll probably be ready for bed by 8 anyway hahah!

As for you, you should be in bed already LOL. :woohoo:

Hi everyone. I will be staying at SOG in Sept 2012 with a friend who is retired military. I have a question about the Water Park Fund & More Option that can be added to the 4 day Disney's Armed Forces Salute Tickets. With these tickets, can you go to the Water Parks, etc. on a day in addition to your 4 Park days? Thanks.

Hi everyone. I will be staying at SOG in Sept 2012 with a friend who is retired military. I have a question about the Water Park Fund & More Option that can be added to the 4 day Disney's Armed Forces Salute Tickets. With these tickets, can you go to the Water Parks, etc. on a day in addition to your 4 Park days? Thanks.

yes. Think of it as two separate sets of tickets:

4 days of entries into the major parks
4 entries into the Water Parks and Disney Quest

yes. Think of it as two separate sets of tickets:

4 days of entries into the major parks
4 entries into the Water Parks and Disney Quest

Oh, that's great!! Thank you so much for your response. We were afraid we would need to use a park day to go to the Water Park. We will actually be at SOG for 7 nights, so now we have other things we can do on days we are not at the parks.

I have read good things about the pizza that Shades has for delivery so you may not have to order from an outside vendor. Maybe someone has tried it.

I have read good things about the pizza that Shades has for delivery so you may not have to order from an outside vendor. Maybe someone has tried it.

We have ordered the cheese pizza from SOG since 1999 and it has not changed (last visit was 3 years ago). Our son likes it, but my husband and I find it to have a very strong garlic flavor and can't eat it. It is all a matter of preference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter