• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

I will be posting it on its own thread, but I will post the link here when I get started. I am working on the photos now, so prob will start the TR next week.

I am so excited to read your TR and see those amazing Pics that you take.. I am getting my first DSLR for christmas this year and hope to learn to take wonderful pictures like you do...:goodvibes

We are going to be there from 9/18 to 9/24 and we are going to attend MNSSHP! We have never been to it but we hear it is absolutely wonderful. I have not figured out which night we are going though. Can't wait til we are in WDW!!!!

We are going to be there from 9/18 to 9/24 and we are going to attend MNSSHP! We have never been to it but we hear it is absolutely wonderful. I have not figured out which night we are going though. Can't wait til we are in WDW!!!!

The Parade!!! Soo fun.

I am so excited to read your TR and see those amazing Pics that you take.. I am getting my first DSLR for christmas this year and hope to learn to take wonderful pictures like you do...:goodvibes

You will have a blast playing with your new toy. It's all trial and error. I can take about 20 shots to get one good one. Just buy a good card with lots of memory and just shoot, shoot, shoot.

We are planning our first SOG trip! We have been to Disney other times at other resorts, but now that my DD has enlisted we get to try this resort out. I am so proud of her and so excited for this trip- it has been 3 years since our last family trip to Disney! Also since she has just enlisted(February) I am not sure when we will get another family trip! She will be going to basic later this year then 8 months of tech school, then college, then -who knows!!!!!
I have read all through this thread looking for ideas/tips but just wondering if anyone has others! I have figured out we need to take advantage of the in room amenities and bring some breakfast foods/ snacks and we have made 2 reservations at the poly.......any other ideas? We are a family of 5 with our youngest being 11 so we are pretty mobile! TIA

The best advice is just relax and have a good time! SoG is a great resort, and the location is great, too. We always ask for a MK facing room, and have always gotten it. You can't see the MK, but you can see the fireworks over the trees, which is nice. We also like the old wing better than the new, but that's just us. It feels closer to the entrance.

I suggest walking to the Poly monorail or to the TTC as much as possible. I personally love the walk. It is so relaxing after a long day. The SoG buses are really convenient, but I just like to walk.

Congrats to your dd! Just remember to be flexible! Dh has been in for 16 years, and the educational opportunities are amazing. He got his BS and MD through the military. For someone willing to work hard, there are endless opportunities in the military. But you have to play the game, work really hard, and be flexible. You can't go in to it thinking that it will always be easy. There will be deployments, there may be many over and over. They may be to dangerous places. You may get sent to any number of places all over the world for years at a time. I've known a lot of people who joined with this rosey outlook of what it was going to be like, and then after 4 deployments to the middle east, and unaccompanied tours to Korea, were just sick of the whole thing. But that could be your path. Just have eyes wide open, and look forward to the adventure. :)

Ok so I need to know where these firework/MK side rooms are lol. People ask for them and I'm always stumped. We don't have a category for them, and I have an idea.....but I really want to know! If you guys don't know then I might as well give up lol

We have tried numerous times to pre-order our tickets at SOG with no return calls:eek:. Should we fax the form or continue calling? Our trip is less than a week away..:confused3

We have tried numerous times to pre-order our tickets at SOG with no return calls:eek:. Should we fax the form or continue calling? Our trip is less than a week away..:confused3

I faxed the form back and it worked perfectly.

I suggest walking to the Poly monorail or to the TTC as much as possible. I personally love the walk. It is so relaxing after a long day. The SoG buses are really convenient, but I just like to walk.

We also enjoy the walk and use this route almost exclusively during our trips. (Except when heading to HS, DD, or AK.

Do the mini fridges in the room keep the food cold? I have noticed that some hotel mini's dont cool very well.

How do you get the form? Can you download it or do you have to call to have form sent?

I am going in August and want to try and get this done ahead of time

thanks

I think they e-mail it to you about 2 weeks before you're due to check in.

Is there anyway we can purchase the tickets ahead of time? I believe the ticket prices are going to increase in June and we are not going until September. Trying to save as much money as possible!!!

Is there anyway we can purchase the tickets ahead of time? I believe the ticket prices are going to increase in June and we are not going until September. Trying to save as much money as possible!!!

Are you close to a post with an ITT/MWR office? You can buy them there. Are you not using the Armed Forces Salute tickets, they're good until Sept 30th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter