SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Hi all, I have another SOG question. My dh and I have four kids, so one or two of them will be sleeping at their grandparent's condo. If we decide to attend EMH would all four kids be able to come? I know you're supposed to show a room key, but do all of the kids have to have one?

When we were there (sigh, just last week :guilty:) our room keys were checked at the gate at TTC in the a.m. for Epcot and MK before we could get in to the monorails or ferry and at the park gates for HS and AK. For the p.m. EMH, our room keys were checked as we boarded the rides. You can ask for as many keys as there are people in the room. It should not be a problem at night, just trade off the keys and half ride at a time. However, not sure how you would work it for the a.m. EMH. Shades did give us these paper cards that were supposedly for the EMH, but we never used them...we were always asked for the room keys. Maybe for the a.m. EMH, some of you can use the room keys and the others can use these paper cards? :confused3 It is worth a shot. Good luck and have a blast!!!

With God's blessings, we are home safe and sound. And now comes the after-disney-depression. So sad to be home, but am thankful for two wonderful weeks at the World. I will be working on my photos this week and hopefully start my TR next week. Since I didn't take nearly as many photos this year, it should be a little easier. I only took about 2,500 this year. :lmao: I concentrated more on video this year. Now we will see if I can figure out how to edit video. :confused3

When we were there (sigh, just last week :guilty:) our room keys were checked at the gate at TTC in the a.m. for Epcot and MK before we could get in to the monorails or ferry and at the park gates for HS and AK. For the p.m. EMH, our room keys were checked as we boarded the rides. You can ask for as many keys as there are people in the room. It should not be a problem at night, just trade off the keys and half ride at a time. However, not sure how you would work it for the a.m. EMH. Shades did give us these paper cards that were supposedly for the EMH, but we never used them...we were always asked for the room keys. Maybe for the a.m. EMH, some of you can use the room keys and the others can use these paper cards? :confused3 It is worth a shot. Good luck and have a blast!!!

Just curious about the Shades room keys; do the CM's actually scan them, or just look at them. Are they anything like the Disney room keys, that are specifically designated for each person to use ?

Just curious about the Shades room keys; do the CM's actually scan them, or just look at them. Are they anything like the Disney room keys, that are specifically designated for each person to use ?

They just look at them. And unless this has recently changed (absolutely possible) the last time we were there for EMH, they didn't ask us for keys for our littlest one (3 at the time) We never actually get 4 room keys, we only ever get two, as neither DD would ever be allowed to carry one around. Not sure about others' more recent experience at EMH with small (<10yo) kids.

They just look at them. And unless this has recently changed (absolutely possible) the last time we were there for EMH, they didn't ask us for keys for our littlest one (3 at the time) We never actually get 4 room keys, we only ever get two, as neither DD would ever be allowed to carry one around. Not sure about others' more recent experience at EMH with small (<10yo) kids.

Agreed. They just look at them. And the keys look the same as years past.

Thanks so much, appreciate the info. :)

jusero:

are you posting your trip report on this thread or on trip report thread?

I am anxiously awaiting it:wave2:

Hi everyone!

First post in a while - I am now SusanMomOf3 :laughing:

I got official permission from DH to take a Disney vacation for CHRISTMAS! (Before you warn me about the crowds (like all my FB friends did), it's the only time we can go... can't afford to do Christmas all out AND a Disney trip later in the year, so they have to be combined. Disney = our Christmas present.)

So first on my todo list was to book a room at SoG... I could only book the 18th - 23rd. So then we'll split our stay and go somewhere else... that's going to be fun planning. Second on my list was to check out tourguidemike.com, and now I'm patiently waiting for my discount code in my email. And then I came here - the disboards. I think I got my priorities pretty straight. :cool2:

I'm so excited - I don't care what else we do for the summer or fall. But of course, y'all understand THAT feeling. :yay:

Anyway, SoG rocks... love the pics and conversation!

same here with the ice cream. If and when we can find it open, the two times we've tried it it's been disgusting.

On the other hand, they're apparently not losing business. But I'd be much happier if they had a well run food court where we could grab food any time during the day. I don't need a sit down, disney has plenty. What I need at my resort is good food, quickly.

But I do encourage people to check out the golf food stand by the quiet pool. It's a bit hard to find, but they have really good items. I had a sausage sub last time that was to die for. Better than I've had up here at a sausage cart. DS I think had a hot dog, and dh and I both had beer (In a bottle, not stupid swill from at evergreens) I think they had a lot of other items.

Thanks for the info about the golf food stand.. I was not even aware that it was there until this year. I just booked poolside at the Magnolia pool for next spring break so it is great to know that something good is right there...:thumbsup2

Hi all, I have another SOG question. My dh and I have four kids, so one or two of them will be sleeping at their grandparent's condo. If we decide to attend EMH would all four kids be able to come? I know you're supposed to show a room key, but do all of the kids have to have one?

We were there in April and they asked for "1 key per family" at the entrance to the Monorail. No one else asked for anything going in to MK or at the park itself. It seems to be different for different people.

Hi everyone!

I got official permission from DH to take a Disney vacation for CHRISTMAS! (Before you warn me about the crowds (like all my FB friends did), it's the only time we can go... can't afford to do Christmas all out AND a Disney trip later in the year, so they have to be combined. Disney = our Christmas present.)

So first on my todo list was to book a room at SoG... I could only book the 18th - 23rd. So then we'll split our stay and go somewhere else... that's going to be fun planning. Second on my list was to check out tourguidemike.com, and now I'm patiently waiting for my discount code in my email. And then I came here - the disboards. I think I got my priorities pretty straight. :cool2:

I'm so excited - I don't care what else we do for the summer or fall. But of course, y'all understand THAT feeling. :yay:

We're doing a split stay also, we couldn't get a suite for the very end of our stay. We will have 4 kiddos then (10, 7, 4, and 3 ish months) so we will probably stay at the Cabins. They are a great value for a Disney resort. We stayed there last time, and we all loved the extra space.

Thanks for the info about the golf food stand.. I was not even aware that it was there until this year. I just booked poolside at the Magnolia pool for next spring break so it is great to know that something good is right there...:thumbsup2
it's actually hard to find because it faces out onto the golf course and you have to actually walk out of the pool area and around it to see it. At first glance, I thought it was the back of a maintenance shed, but it's not. :)

Heard a rumor the AAFES store was being renovated. Anyone there recently notice any changes?:confused3

Heard a rumor the AAFES store was being renovated. Anyone there recently notice any changes?:confused3

I was there a month ago and the guy working there said that they were starting an expansion "Any Day". He said it will be twice as big as it currently is..

Hi everyone!

We love going over Christmas and it really isn't as bad as everyone says, but we don't have children, so maybe that makes a difference, until the day after Christmas until a few days after New Years.

Just like the rest of the year, we head to the parks early, take a midday break and return in the evenings, because the Christmas lights are incredible.

If you're going to book any TS restaurants, make sure to do it quickly, butother than that, I wouldn't worry.

jusero:

are you posting your trip report on this thread or on trip report thread?

I am anxiously awaiting it:wave2:

I will be posting it on its own thread, but I will post the link here when I get started. I am working on the photos now, so prob will start the TR next week.

Anyone else thinking about going to MNSSHP in September? We will be at Beach Club and were considering going on September 25th which is a night offering the military promotion. I know we have to buy our tickets there so I guess I'm wondering if I'm taking a big risk by waiting to buy our tickets or if there are a certain number of military tickets reserved for the party? Part of me really wants to go and part of me is trying to convince myself that if we don't get to go, I shouldn't sweat it because DD is only going to be 4. I thought it might work out well for us to attend as it is the second day of our stay and DD and DS will still be on Central Time :) so if we take it easy and stay out of the parks, they might be feeling well enough for a late night.

I guess I'll ask over on the official thread as well.

jusero I'm super sad that I didn't get to meet you!! I was hoping you would pick up your package before I left work the one night but sadly no :(

jusero I'm super sad that I didn't get to meet you!! I was hoping you would pick up your package before I left work the one night but sadly no :(

Aw, me too. We were in the parks until about 1 a.m. that night. We closed down the EMH at Magic Kingdom. Didn't know you worked there. How great is that??:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter